The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anastasia and scammer Valeria Novitskaya.  (Read 2952 times)

Offline HAGAR THE VIKING

• Trips: 1-5
Anastasia and scammer Valeria Novitskaya.
« on: January 13, 2013, 08:43:37 AM »
Has anyone had dealings with Anastasia..? If so i guess you know that they allow professional dating scammers like Valeria Novitskaya id 1692679  to operate on there dating site with impunity..?

After my earlier post here & reading posts about it. & goggling her name, i contacted Anastasia to inform them of her activities. Guess what the result was..?
Not even the slightest bit interested. I even asked for a postal address so proof could be forwarded to them... Not interested.. :GRRRR:

Surely they are breaking some law..? By helping scammer's to fraudulently obtain cash, holidays etc from there customers..? Do these sites have any legal obligation to there customers..? Obviously they do not do any checks on the women using there site. But having read there information on the site, they supposedly take a strong line on scammers & fine the agency in Ukraine who are suppose to check there profiles. I guess that is more bull...t :'(

Having never used Anastasia, and never would after there responce. Can anybody enlighten me about what is obviously a  site full of scammers/fraudsters & why they have never been prosecuted for obvious fraud..? It also appears to be the most popular dating site..

Offline doc holiday

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: None Yet
Re: Anastasia and scammer Valeria Novitskaya.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »
To my knowledge there are no laws against lying about your true intentions and in most cases these scammers never break any other laws (I am sure there are rare and extreme cases).  And while it might be good business for Anastasia to get rid of these scammers (these independent scammers probably take business away from Anastasia's in-house scammers), there are no laws requiring them to do so.

I do not like to default to a "blame the victim" mentality, but if you send/give notable sums of money to a woman you barely know then you are pretty much begging to be ripped off.
I'm your huckleberry

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:31:46 AM »
Has anyone had dealings with Anastasia..? If so i guess you know that they allow professional dating scammers like Valeria Novitskaya id 1692679  to operate on there dating site with impunity..?

After my earlier post here & reading posts about it. & goggling her name, i contacted Anastasia to inform them of her activities. Guess what the result was..?
Not even the slightest bit interested. I even asked for a postal address so proof could be forwarded to them... Not interested.. :GRRRR:

Surely they are breaking some law..? By helping scammer's to fraudulently obtain cash, holidays etc from there customers..? Do these sites have any legal obligation to there customers..? Obviously they do not do any checks on the women using there site. But having read there information on the site, they supposedly take a strong line on scammers & fine the agency in Ukraine who are suppose to check there profiles. I guess that is more bull...t :'(

Having never used Anastasia, and never would after there responce. Can anybody enlighten me about what is obviously a  site full of scammers/fraudsters & why they have never been prosecuted for obvious fraud..? It also appears to be the most popular dating site..

It is very simple read there terms of agreement , that will answer the question's you ask, If someone was to read this before they used the site they would not use the site in most cases also they are creating the ladies to be what you complain about

http://www.svadba.com/news/#011112

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 03:50:27 PM »
Like many others I have always thought that it’s the affiliates of these sites like Anastasia who are generating the dodgy emails. Dodgy is this context is young hotties wanting to write to old faggots like me.

Recently though I am seeing situations that lead me to believe that it’s Anastasia themselves who are generating letters. Consider this:

In the past month I have received 55 ‘first contact’ letters. Of these 47 were from 23 year olds who are all ‘very hot’. The residual 8 letters were from ladies of varying ages and varying looks.

The 23 year olds live all over the FSU so I can’t see how just one affiliate is involved. Additionally, this is not the first time this almighty coincidence has occurred; I documented something similar on another forum a while back.

Conclusion: Some letter generating software is being run from HQ.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 03:56:17 PM »

Do you ever get multiple first-contact letters from the same girl?

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »

Not that I'm aware of.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »

Not that I'm aware of.

In that event, you are probably correct that you have been the recipient of software-assisted romantic overtures. (Agency girls and employees often forget which suckers that they have previously contacted.)

Registration