The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Getting a visa registered when staying in an apartment  (Read 3351 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Getting a visa registered when staying in an apartment
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 11:42:45 PM »

As you seem to know more than my website does, just wanted to pick your brains   :nod:

AC, you gotta learn to clean up your quotes. There is a sticky thread Called
 Forum School how to use the mysterious buttons for Dummies (like me)

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=5068.0

It has some helpful hints

Udachi !

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »
It's done,

With a great deal of help from my GF, I can't imagine being able to do it
by myself. I would have needed to hire a local to wind back and forth
between the three offices required to get this done.

The visa requirement is a pain but getting it registered is a monumental pain.

However, this should not discourage you from going to Russia  It sucks
for sure, but I highly recommend going to where the girl is and dealing with the
travel and visa hassels rather than simply going to the most convenient place.

Udachi !

Bill

In Arkhangelsk it's straightforward as long as you avoid doing it in the post office - did that once, close to new years and it took 2 hours or so and required everything in triplicate. Now we walk 5 minutes to the local police office where they deal with all these registrations for the city and it takes 5 minutes. The nice woman even fills in all the paperwork. Apparently, all the paperwork we did in the post office just ended up there anyway.

My point being, it's really not necessarily a hassle, depending on where you go and how you do it. I think that different regions may be more hassle than others though.

The easiest of course is pay for a night in a hotel.  :)

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 05:58:19 AM »
A stop at local Militsia district office is definitely the way to go...usually takes about 30 mins... One stop shopping so to speak....

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2013, 06:23:40 AM »
As I mentioned, I usually drop mine off at the local Inturist office and collect it again the next day. Way better to pay them a fee to do the legwork and get on with your trip IMO.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 08:20:18 AM »
As I mentioned, I usually drop mine off at the local Inturist office and collect it again the next day. Way better to pay them a fee to do the legwork and get on with your trip IMO.

All said and done, there are various easy and cheap ways of doing this and shouldn't be a determining factor of where people visit. After all, if this puts people off, I can't imagine what they'd do when faced with the hurdles of fiancée visa/immigration paperwork.

Offline 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »

All said and done, there are various easy and cheap ways of doing this and shouldn't be a determining factor of where people visit. After all, if this puts people off, I can't imagine what they'd do when faced with the hurdles of fiancée visa/immigration paperwork.

Excellent point
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Registration