The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My Sad Story - Advice Needed  (Read 16290 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: My Sad Story - Advice Needed
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
OzyBob + 100 -

Skuakidd, You need to decide what you want.

Can you forgive? Are you willing to help "her" to build contacts and friends in your neck of the woods. OK cacti.

Can she Skype with her friends back in Ukraine, can you?

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline skuakidd

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:20 PM »
My original heading for my first post was "tale of woe - advice needed", but it got changed by a moderator.  I also notice that many have been making assumptions which simply do not apply in my case.  Whatever the significance of all this, I was seeking advice, wrote my story with that end in mind, and advice is what I got, both on the board and PM.  No point in wrangling with those assumptions.  With one exception, no one here knows me other than though these posts, and in person I would likely appear totally different.  Some of the advice/information has been very helpful.  So I got what I sought after and that is what makes a board like this so helpful. 
Someday when all this comes to a conclusion perhaps I will put a more complete story in perhaps the adventure continues (stops?) or wherever seems appropriate at the time.  Even if there is a very happy conclusion I know there are those who pick on this or pick on that or put me up for slaughter, but my experience may be helpful for others.  As I already mentioned, I have been on these boards before.  There is the good and the bad, and I will take the bad so I can gain from the good.

Offline skuakidd

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 09:34:28 PM »
Regarding Skype, yes she skypes to the Ukraine.  No Skype on my computer.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
I see: you are way too smart for us. There's a chink in your armor, though.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2013, 09:23:34 AM »

do you love this woman ??
do you want to make this marriage successfull ?

bob, I've been reading his posts and I get a nasty suspicion that the answer to the above is no.

Offline ozybob

• Spouses Country: UKRAINE/AUSTRALIA
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2013, 04:16:11 PM »

do you love this woman ??
do you want to make this marriage successfull ?

bob, I've been reading his posts and I get a nasty suspicion that the answer to the above is no.

muzh

i agree , he hasnt dropped the L word anywhere that i read ,

from his comments he seems like a bloke who puts self first

bob
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Registration