The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New Rules On Extending Ukrainian Tourist Visa  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Lakelander

New Rules On Extending Ukrainian Tourist Visa
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »

Forgive me if this has been dealt with elsewhere but I could not find it.

This may not apply to most visitors to Ukraine but for those intending to stay longer than 90 days it will.

Ukraine has changed the rules regarding those who visit without a visa for up to 90 days and then wish to extend it. Until now if you wished to extend the 90 days you could either go to OVIR or leave the country. This normally meant simply a drive to the border(an hour to the Moldovan border if you are in Odessa) to get your passport stamped and back the same day.

This rule has now changed in that you can only stay 90 days in 180 without a visa. Furthermore, you cannot obtain a visa while you are in Ukraine. You must leave the country and apply for a visa at a Ukrainian Embassy or Consulate in another country.

The change to the law became effective in July 2007 but I have been reliably informed that the systems to track it will not be in place until January 2008.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: New Rules On Extending Ukrainian Tourist Visa
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
Lakelander, is this linked to this topic at all?

Chris

Слава Україні

Offline Lakelander

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 03:49:15 PM »
Chris

It was reading that topic which made me decide to post this but apart from that I don't think so.

From reading your topic it appears it is to do solely with Russia whereas mine is to do solely with Ukraine.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:37:30 AM »
Thanks Lakelander, I am actually more interested in Ukraine now also as that is where my lady resides.
Слава Україні

Registration