The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Recommend a reputable site!  (Read 115599 times)

Offline Juvenal

Re: Recommend a reputable site!
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
Which whould you guys personaly endorse for Ukranian/Russian and other eastern block countries. (not for entertainment value, but for results)

Also please state any potential conflict of interest. (Not saying you cant recomend your own for example, just that i want to know if you have a comercial intrest, in me selecting a particular one you recomend.)
"Who watches the watchmen?" - Juvenal

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2012, 08:59:50 AM »
Lots of guys seem to have success on ElenasModels.com .  Myself I have found interesting women (hasn't always worked out) on

elenasmodels.com
luckylovers.net
allsinglerussiangirls.com

All charge a flat fee and do not limit you in how many times you communicate with women.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2012, 09:10:14 AM »
Taking into account your age and the age range of the ladies you seek, I would advise you to steer clear of any agency.

Set yourself up on Mamba.ru, pay a few dollars for VIP status, avoid girls in Kiev, Odessa, St Petes and Moscow and start banging out some 'hello' messages. Keep your message to just a few small paragraphs and don't take any notice if a girls profile does not include English as one of her languages. Be prepared to send many, many messages ... it will be a crap-shoot.

Offline Juvenal

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2012, 09:15:21 AM »
Taking into account your age and the age range of the ladies you seek, I would advise you to steer clear of any agency.

Set yourself up on Mamba.ru, pay a few dollars for VIP status, avoid girls in Kiev, Odessa, St Petes and Moscow and start banging out some 'hello' messages. Keep your message to just a few small paragraphs and don't take any notice if a girls profile does not include English as one of her languages. Be prepared to send many, many messages ... it will be a crap-shoot.

Ah, same princaple as in a bar. The numbers game?

Hmm... I might do that in addition to an Agency. (the agencies travel costs seem to be on par with normal tourist companies and not knowing the areas to well, might use them for their other services)

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »
Which would you guys personally endorse for Ukrainian/Russian and other eastern block countries. (not for entertainment value, but for results)

Also please state any potential conflict of interest. (Not saying you cant recommend your own for example, just that i want to know if you have a commercial intrest, in me selecting a particular one you recommend.)

You might want to check the archives.  20% of the neophytes ask this same exact question and the answers don't change very much over time.  Good agencies tend to remain good agencies. 

That said,  www.karmen-agency.com  I've known the people that run this agency for over 12 years.  i met my wife at this agency.  No commercial interest in the agency whatsoever. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »
Hmm... I might do that in addition to an Agency. (the agencies travel costs seem to be on par with normal tourist companies and not knowing the areas to well, might use them for their other services)

Good luck with that then. I think the wheel will end up a sort of round shape, but who knows this time ....  :thumbsup:

That said,  www.karmen-agency.com  I've known the people that run this agency for over 12 years.  i met my wife at this agency.  No commercial interest in the agency whatsoever.

As per our previous discussion regarding this no doubt excellent agency, they have sold out of young uns for the time being.  :)

Offline Juvenal

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »
As per our previous discussion with this no doubt excellent agency, they have sold out of young uns for the time being.  :)

Yeah, had a look. There are three or so woman whom i would consider in their database however. Not sure if its worth the monetary investment for only 3 woman who might or might not be intrested (even one i'm intrested in is looking for a man a little older than myself).

The woman in the database does seem more real however than other sites i have seen.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2012, 10:07:48 AM »
Yeah, had a look. There are three or so woman whom i would consider in their database however. Not sure if its worth the monetary investment for only 3 woman who might or might not be intrested (even one I'm intrested in is looking for a man a little older than myself).

Coming all the way from NZ you'd expect to visit more than one city during your stay, right?

Volgograd is a fantastic city with an extensive history from W W II.  The most critical battle of WW II took place there (Stalingrad)  The museums and monuments are excellent. 

Stay 3-4 days.  Visit 3-4 nice girls.  The agency will accommodate your needs nicely.   

The woman in the database does seem more real however than other sites i have seen.

That's because they're an HONEST agency.  Seriously, what girl under the age of 25  has made it her priority to marry a foreign man?  Perhaps one with a child or two but otherwise, no way. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2012, 04:26:46 AM »

Volgograd is a fantastic city with an extensive history from W W II.  The most critical battle of WW II took place there (Stalingrad)  The museums and monuments are excellent. 

Stay 3-4 days.  Visit 3-4 nice girls.  The agency will accommodate your needs nicely.   

That's because they're an HONEST agency.  Seriously, what girl under the age of 25  has made it her priority to marry a foreign man?  Perhaps one with a child or two but otherwise, no way.

Shakes is correct spend some time learn the history and meet some women - the more the better if you are going to focus under age 25 fine - but than your potential will diminish.

If you are looking for a partner, friend and lover in one package look 30 plus with a young child that she controls or 35 plus and no children.

But ask your self why are you looking at a Slavic woman?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:11 AM »

I must have missed his age and desired age range somewhere, what were they?

Add Slumba's list and freepersonals.ru into the mix, and why would you be seeking an agency or pay per letter site? 

Offline Juvenal

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2012, 10:36:29 AM »
Shakes is correct spend some time learn the history and meet some women - the more the better if you are going to focus under age 25 fine - but than your potential will diminish.

If you are looking for a partner, friend and lover in one package look 30 plus with a young child that she controls or 35 plus and no children.

I hear you. I'm up for the chalange though, and not desprate. Also, should the right 30 year old cross my path of course i'll consider her too. I'm an equal opertunity dater. (ok i realize dater is the wrong word to use, but can't think of a better word)

I'm facinated by Kivian/Rus culture and history (so part of your advice already fufilled). The mordern woman from these place's values is also more closly alligned with my country of birth, than the one I'm living in at the moment.

If time and money permits on the trip i will be planning, i'll defintly use shakes advise and work this that agency when there (one of the places i've always wanted to visit anyways)

Offline Juvenal

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »
I must have missed his age and desired age range somewhere, what were they?

Add Slumba's list and freepersonals.ru into the mix, and why would you be seeking an agency or pay per letter site? 

I'm 32 and socialy well adjusted.

My preferred range is 22-25 and actual range is 20-28, of course, should the womans qaulities merit it i'm perfectly willing to stray outside of these a little.

Agecy.. because of inexperience. (Realizing having read through a few of the posts, it might require a few trips. Seem to the ideal place to start learning first hand... call it risk mitigation)

Pay per letter site.. Yeah, aware of the red flags all over most agencies/sites which employs this strategy especialy when not allowing direct access to the suposed bachelorettes.  Only considering the one which actualy do allow the exchange of information if certain conditions is met (ie.. talking by webcam), but more so for the other services. Haven't seen anything bad about them, nor anything good for that matter. Also using this services in a limmited capacity as a learning tool wont break my bank.

Edit: Thanks for the tip: freepersonals.ru

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:47 AM »
I checked that site and they appear to have sold out of the 18-24 range. Any other suggestions?
Slavic women? Everybody I know loves white girls son! Check what your real priorities are then get
down to business. Honestly in my neck of the woods you've got quite a selection, yet it comes down
to this:)))) sry i put 1 too many )
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline wildrover

• Commercial Member
  • Spouses Country: Russian Federation
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2012, 01:43:55 AM »
Don,t use any sites where you have to pay , there is no need...

I used  Free Russian dating , nothing to pay at all , most girls seem to be real...

Got lots of replies from very young girls who seemed very interested in a 57 year old English male , but among them some very nice girls...

I am now happily married to a lady i met on this site , we live in Moscow...
WHO WANTS TO LIVE FOREVER.....??

Offline ashbyclarke

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »
Don,t use any sites where you have to pay , there is no need...

I used  Free Russian dating , nothing to pay at all , most girls seem to be real...

Got lots of replies from very young girls who seemed very interested in a 57 year old English male , but among them some very nice girls...

I am now happily married to a lady i met on this site , we live in Moscow...

Flip side to free sites is some FSU women will only use a site where the man has to pay, so they know they are serious about thier search.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline Zachris

• Spouses Country: Uzbekistan
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:10 AM »
Flip side of the flip side.

Most, if not all, sites are free to women. So, they use the one that their friends recommended. Many do not know, and do not care, if men have to pay for membership or participation.

Just avoid the sites that pay the women to participate.

Numquam tribuere ad malitia quod sufficienter explicatur stultitia.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Никогда не приписывать злобы, которое может быть адекватно объяснено глупостью.

Offline KhersonGirlsAdmin

• Commercial Member
  • Love and travelings make life richer and more exci
  • Spouses Country: All over the world
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2013, 03:25:31 AM »
Hello men!
First of all I want to say that you got a great idea to look for your soul-mate in Ukraine. Ukrainian women are indeed famous with their beauty and hospitality. Some of you gave pieces of valuable advice like the last one, or the opinion that when a man pays for the services a lady is sure that a man has serious intentions. So don't be afraid to look for your happiness abroad! We wish you good luck!)
KhersonGirlsAdmin

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2013, 06:35:56 AM »
Hello men!
First of all I want to say that you got a great idea to look for your soul-mate in Ukraine.

Hello Helen.

I think that idea is controversial here. Indeed, many flock to Ukraine. Very few find their "soul-mates" there, however.

That seems the common experience among most of the posters here.   
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline KhersonGirlsAdmin

• Commercial Member
  • Love and travelings make life richer and more exci
  • Spouses Country: All over the world
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:59 AM »
People flock to Ukraine because they know that there are worthy girls :)

Often men burn on scam agencies or free sites that give no results, they're wasting money or time.  But if you meet normal people with a good attitude it's a half of your success I think.
KhersonGirlsAdmin

Offline Manny

« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2013, 09:47:05 AM »

No. People flock to Ukraine as its where all the agencies are and because they cant be bothered to get a Russian visa.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »

No. People flock to Ukraine as its where all the agencies are and because they cant be bothered to get a Russian visa.

Bzzz

Both wrong

People go to Ukraine because Yanukonvict's goons are robbing the country blind and they want out.

Can you say economic disparity?

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »

Bzzz

Both wrong

People go to Ukraine because Yanukonvict's goons are robbing the country blind and they want out.

When you last visit Ukraine Muzh? Just interested to know.

Ears on the ground or first hand experience?
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »

Bzzz

Both wrong

When you last visit Ukraine Muzh? Just interested to know.

Ears on the ground or first hand experience?

As I sat with my friend Natalka and my late friend Terry at Natalka's balcony one after noon, I noticed the government employees heading home in their cars from the brand new and shinny building from behind her flat. New or late model Mercedes, BMWs, Audis and a stolenCamaro with California license plates still attached as if proudly displaying his purchase.

That was two summers ago. My wife was there this summer. She has better details.

There is no hearsay here. I could talk a bit more about Terry's experience except he asked me to keep mum about the details. Children for sale is a good money maker.

Here, read some of Natalka's work.

http://maidanua.org/

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
How appropriate.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2013, 01:06:25 PM »
Hello men!
First of all I want to say that you got a great idea to look for your soul-mate in Ukraine.

Hello Helen.

I think that idea is controversial here. Indeed, many flock to Ukraine. Very few find their "soul-mates" there, however.

That seems the common experience among most of the posters here.   

Don't know where you get that silly idea from, there are loads on this board alone with wives from there.
Слава Україні

Registration