The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Recommend a reputable site!  (Read 115575 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Recommend a reputable site!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 07:45:15 AM »

Is elenas 19th century correspondence aswell??
I am not sure what you mean by 19th century correspondence but basically they have several different membership packages (Things may have changed a bit since I found my wife 6 years ago) One was the silver package which allowed you to contact 50 ladies.   You can send EOI free if you want to make sure the 50 letters are not wasted.  Once you have contact with the lady you can write forever for free.  There is no "pay per letter charge"    The package I had was the Platinum which let you write as many ladies as you wanted for free, Every lady on Elenas if that was what you wanted.   It also got you an email each week with the newest ladies who joined and these were supposed to be a week before they posted the profiles for the regular members.  I used that more than anything.   You also got a weekly email with the ladies who were not getting much attention.  (supposidly ladies who had recieved no mail for the past week or two.  I did not find that list to be all that great). 

The platinum membership was not cheap but when it came time to renew you could do that at half price which did make it pretty reasonable. 

Offline HeartInTheEast

• Spouses Country: Ukraine & Vietnam.
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 08:05:42 AM »
(supposidly ladies who had recieved no mail for the past week or two.  I did not find that list to be all that great). 

LOL! Not surprised.

The 19th century had mail order brides(I think from China) but still no telephone invented yet so I imagine it would take a month or so for writing to arrive to the recipient (the brides were pre imported so it wasnt inter continental). We are 3 ages ahead now and its probably because I never did letter writing but when I think of writing one long letter I picture a fountain pen and the 19th century attire.
But I do understand it because it is more efficient to just copy paste these to multiple women then copy paste your life history then copy paste your Q and A or whatever.

They only have Gold and platinum now, $16 per month and $83 per month in 3 and 6 month one off initial payments.
Gold 50 contacts, Unlimited EOI.

Platinum Unlimited contacts. +

Additional extra-large PHOTOS of ladies
3 Exclusive Features for Platinum members:
Instantly download direct email addresses of women (where available) - email her right now, don't wait until she logs in to the site!
TOP placement in search results when women search for men - be on the first page when she is searching.
Ad on our RUSSIAN site for women - let more women notice you!

The budget hotel I stayed at for the Euro(who did NOT rob or set us up, but rather even informed us of common scams in Kiev) had a dating agency, it was $99 per contact o.0

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 08:30:16 AM »

Is elenas 19th century correspondence aswell??

If by 19th century correspondence you mean long letters about yourself instead of chat-type conversations, then yeah to some extend and not only Elenas but most of international dating sites.

You seems to know very little at the moment, take your time to read this forum, you will find answers to questions you even didnt thought you should ask or know the answers to.

Few tips: dont rush asking skype/phone numbers/etc. Girls get a lot of emails and many of them from nutters/weirdors/w**kers/you just name they all there, so girls will be more comfortable to get to know a bit about you through communication on dating site before giving any personal contact info.

Guys here will be able to suggest good translators or translating softwares, you may want to translate your introductory letter into russian. Even if stated on profile girl knows good english it doesnt mean she knows english at level you would rate as good, its good by her understandings and you more likely will be scratching your head trying to understand what actually she means in her letters.

Dont send same letter to 100s of girls. Girls hate it. I dont use international dating sites, just local and they have something like flirt alert, enter message and site would email it to all girls in radius of 20/50/100/etc miles from you, I never answer on them unless I am in a mood and have reason to mock guy for something really stupid in that message.  :biggrin:
Of course its huge amount of time to write new letter to every girl you going to contact, so atleast personalize it, enter her name, use something from her profile. Basically make her feel you had time to read her profile and you are interested in her, otherwise your letter more likely end up in the bin.
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 09:20:47 AM »
Of course its huge amount of time to write new letter to every girl you going to contact, so atleast personalize it, enter her name, use something from her profile. Basically make her feel you had time to read her profile and you are interested in her, otherwise your letter more likely end up in the bin.

I have to agree with this also it is good to see if the reply is a "canned one" or a real answer to the questions you asked regarding the lady's profile.

As elsewhere I will say again that for us and many other couples here on RUA www.freepersonals.ru was where we found our soulmates and wives and again like the title says it is free to read and reply to for everyone.

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 10:00:47 AM »
Elana's does look good, and the most well designed so far of the lot.

Why would you pay so much for video chat instead of using Skype??

You are making it sound like it is an older age style correspondence speed lol?
So you just write one long letter and wait for reply and then write another long letter?? o.0

Lower responses are not necessarily a negative.
It's "amazing" how many 20-somethings will be actively engaging 50-60YO guys...with no photos or an empty profile. It makes most wonder what their motives might be, such as being incentivized to chat, perhaps? ;) 

On better sites, almost anyone will get a better response rate than on local sites regardless.  I would never have considered paying per letter for more highly questionable responses.

I have no idea why Jay seems to be recommending RLM - many will say to stick with a simple rule and avoid any/all pay per letter/mail/chat sites altogether, as it's less likely to have women incentivized by per letter/minute "payments" of any kind.  There are enough free sites, or "simple subscription" sites (e.g. single monthly payment, no "extras," basically the match.com model) that I would question why anyone would use a pay per letter site at all.  There is no "pain" in going to direct contact in those cases, as letters are not filtered - ask for an email, Skype and/or phone, and get one back if she is so inclined.  Avoid anywhere that is filtering out exchange of contact details or interfering in your communication.

Lower response rates may well be an indicator of dealing with more normal women with no agency/site incentives, which for most equates with higher quality of contacts.  Don't expect all of this to be "easy," but the sooner you can get out of the fantasy, communicate with truly (or more) compatible women vs shopping in a candy store on pictures/fantasy alone, the better off you'll be.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2012, 10:38:40 AM »
Hey folks,

I am a new guy to the site as of today and since I have been here I have read a lot of great information. Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to research all the information available here. I consider myself fairly serious since I have already traveled to the Ukraine twice and will be going again soon. I have been using Anastasia previously, but it is hard since they have less than a shining reputation. I had a good time on both of my previous adventures, but I need a site where I can increase my odds. Any help appreciated.

Tony:

If you want to increase your odds, fish where there are less poles in the water, so to speak. 

I know an agency in Volgograd Russia that is VERY reputable.  I found my wife there.

www.karmen-agency.com

Good luck !
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2012, 12:29:25 PM »
Tony:

If you want to increase your odds, fish where there are less poles in the water, so to speak. 

I know an agency in Volgograd Russia that is VERY reputable.  I found my wife there.

www.karmen-agency.com

I checked that site and they appear to have sold out of the 18-24 range. Any other suggestions?  tiphat

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2012, 01:13:11 PM »
I checked that site and they appear to have sold out of the 18-24 range. Any other suggestions?  tiphat

Yes.  Stop wasting time looking at age-inappropriate women.

As usual, suggestions are always free. 

:evilgrin0002:

Offline djfourmoney

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 04:30:01 PM »

As usual, suggestions are always free. 

:evilgrin0002:

Gives a whole new meaning to OOS (Out Of Stock) doesn't it? I checked and he's right not one profile 18-24...

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »

I base my dating of what I find attractive, not peoples dates of birth. Hey, perhaps we could have a new debate about this?  :thumbsup:

Offline khersongirls

• Commercial Member
  • KhersonGirls Marriage agency
    • KhersonGirls
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »
The sites I recommend are at www.honestmarriageagencies.com

Kevin

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »
The sites I recommend are at www.honestmarriageagencies.com

Kevin

Kevin, Would you care to share your thoughts about this thread and what is being proposed.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=17343.0

Try to ignore the background noise.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 05:56:38 PM »
Gives a whole new meaning to OOS (Out Of Stock) doesn't it? I checked and he's right not one profile 18-24...

Personally, I think that it adds credibility to an agency that doesn't have any girls listed between the age of 18-24.

Lowers the potential scammer probability geometrically.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
I base my dating of what I find attractive, not peoples dates of birth. Hey, perhaps we could have a new debate about this?  :thumbsup: 

What man in his 50's doesn't find most 18-24 year old women attractive?

We are biologically programed that way.

But most would not consider them realistic marriage candidates.     

Offline djfourmoney

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2012, 07:05:31 PM »

Personally, I think that it adds credibility to an agency that doesn't have any girls listed between the age of 18-24.

Lowers the potential scammer probability geometrically.

You really think so?

I know the tendency is to make a blanket statement about women under 25 and of course there is always debate from a Western POV that beauty is extended beyond the peak as proven scientifically past age 23, which is false.

I fully understand men in their mid to late 40's, balding, out of shape that have historically struggled with women at home (even if their youth) likely have no business chasing women half their age.

To say no women under 25 are serious about finding somebody I read as not true. Please explain all the divorced some with children, some without women under 25?

Examples -

http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=3772132

http://loveme.com/women/info131266.htm

http://www.luckylovers.net/f/favorites.php?restore=2&PHPSESSID=79kjthsa2aoq8l5fafode6rtf7#

Just playing devil's advocate...

I agree that a 5-10 year age difference even in Western countries is normal and that train of thought should be extended to FSU.

I personally fudge that a little by going 10-12-15 years. As the old formula says I should be looking about 27 anyway.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2012, 07:13:28 PM »
To say no women under 25 are serious about finding somebody I read as not true. Please explain all the divorced some with children, some without women under 25? 

Virtually all of them married and had children with men from their home country that were within 12-24 MONTHS of their own age. 

Do you REALLY believe their first choice in a husband is someone 15 years older than themselves? 

If so, let me tell you the one about the three bears . . . . . . .

As the old formula says I should be looking about 27 anyway. 

Oh please don't tell me you are gullable enough to give even a shred of credibility to that nonexistent quote often attributed to the Koran that says a man should marry 1/2 his age plus 7 years?

It's actual source, from the mind of Spike Lee in the movie Malcom X.  It's Hollywood scriptwriting crap my man. 

Offline djfourmoney

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2012, 08:53:13 PM »

Virtually all of them married and had children with men from their home country that were within 12-24 MONTHS of their own age. 

Do you REALLY believe their first choice in a husband is someone 15 years older than themselves? 

If so, let me tell you the one about the three bears . . . . . . .

As the old formula says I should be looking about 27 anyway. 

Oh please don't tell me you are gullable enough to give even a shred of credibility to that nonexistent quote often attributed to the Koran that says a man should marry 1/2 his age plus 7 years?

It's actual source, from the mind of Spike Lee in the movie Malcom X.  It's Hollywood scriptwriting crap my man.

I am aware of the dialog in the movie...

Actually I base that on people I know. There is roughly a 8-10 age difference with the couples that are married or involved for more than five years (long term relationship). My ex was 8 years younger than me (19 vs 27), together for 2.5 years, could have been longer.

If I take away all the over 40 women that tend to look at my various profiles all over the internet, that leaves mostly women between 32-28 actually.

As I said the youngest women I have talked too since turning 30 was 19.

For safety sake however its likely she's been around 30, give or take a few years in either direction.

Again I agree with your basic premise...

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 06:11:39 AM »

You seems to know very little at the moment, take your time to read this forum, you will find answers to questions you even didnt thought you should ask or know the answers to.

Few tips: dont rush asking skype/phone numbers/etc. Girls get a lot of emails and many of them from nutters/weirdors/w**kers/you just name they all there, so girls will be more comfortable to get to know a bit about you through communication on dating site before giving any personal contact info.

I did a couple hours of reading here, I am not sure what to search for specifically I looked for "does and donts" and "red flags".

I cant travel until next year but I want to start an online profile now to test the waters and perhaps go from there with my questions, I do have some already but its for another thread.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 11:22:16 PM »
Well Mamba doesnt seem that good so far, maybe I gotta spend a lot more time on it.

I payed a membership so I could do an advanced search, I have a pretty brief profile but with my pic.
I search for girls who have english listed on their profile.

It seems they all speak such a small amount of english the conversation dies after 4 sentences even with google translate. (wanting to know what ласоквый and нравястя means btw)

Seems its only for local dating.

Perhaps I am not using it correctly, I have been searching for Dating/Relationship, maybe I need to search for Travel instead??? Although the travel thing on this site is aimed at travel friends not dating. I am also thinking maybe I need to just get a properly translated intro written up and open with that rather than trying to figure out how much english they cant speak.

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 11:40:52 PM »
(wanting to know what ласоквый and нравястя means btw)

Seems they have the same russian language skills  ;D
As my own experience says, even intermediate english is rather an obstacle than a help  :hidechair:
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 01:37:39 AM »

I did a couple hours of reading here, I am not sure what to search for specifically I looked for "does and donts" and "red flags".

Don't be obsessed with potential negatives-- simply keep them in the back of your mind  when you start to make any progress.
For me personally I put low emphasis on English skills-- in practice girls often have sufficient English to get by in real life meetings.Often they can speak more than they say,but are reluctant to do so until they gain confidence with you.Most younger generation have learnt some English at school-- but will need practice  in speaking and understanding.
Earlier in thread I suggested a few easier ways to proceed-- you dismissed because they were not cheap-- and less than ideal.If you are not prepared to spend some money-- you will not succeed.I do not necessarily mean on websites-- but in general.How you allocate spending will decide your chances !!

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 04:06:41 AM »
Perhaps I am not using it correctly,

Mamba & LovePlanet which I have used extensively are Russian/Ukraine facing sites. Some of the women will consider a man from outside. But it takes both luck, patience and persistence.

Further when you meet the women and the painful lack of communication is evident often the possibility of a relationships dies on both sides rather quickly. Off course if you live in a cave and wish to club said victim and drag off her off to your lair, than you can do fine, anywhere.

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 05:07:38 AM »

Further when you meet the women and the painful lack of communication is evident often the possibility of a relationships dies on both sides rather quickly. Off course if you live in a cave and wish to club said victim and drag off her off to your lair, than you can do fine, anywhere.

Av-- what I am saying is that being patient in finding out what the English situation really is can pay off.I met a girl who insisted on a terp and in the course of the meeting it became clear that her English was spoken better than the terp!! She had never previously been in a position where she had to use it and was reluctant to use any at all until she got some confidence in me.Essentially-- she was embarrassed to use intially.I have seen this situation quite a few times in different ways!
In earlier post-- I was suggesting sites where there is some help may be easier to use.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »
Millaa
I ended up figuring out those words, both common mispellings, 1st one meant "tender"(I think perhaps calm in english), 2nd one I only figured out what the whole sentence meant.

JayH
Do they tend to be able to speak it better than read and write it?

I did not dismiss them just put them off, I dont wanna jump right in the deep end just yet, I got questions before I begin possibly ruining my chances, I will be getting a platinum membership on Elena's soon and find a professional translator.

AvHdB
After that me and her will bang rocks together all day in my cave it will be fun.

Offline AvHdB

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 05:40:58 PM »
AvHdB
After that me and her will bang rocks together all day in my cave it will be fun.

:ROFL:

If you click with a woman she will go the extra mile for you. That means she is into you and willing to learn English ~ for some women not an easy thing to do.