The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Fitness bikini pageant in Vladivostok  (Read 6743 times)

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Fitness bikini pageant in Vladivostok
« on: April 26, 2012, 02:44:42 PM »
Some nice photos from the Fitness Bikini 2012 Open Cup In Vladivostok, the event that for some unknown reason has not been widely covered by media…

By all means let's give the event some more publicity.

Lots more photos of the contestants here:

http://englishrussia.com/2012/04/24/fitness-bikini-2012-open-cup-in-vladivostok-and-a-surprise-for-ladies/#more-99438

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
Re: Fitness bikini pageant in Vladivostok
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:44:10 PM »
Nice.  :thumbsup:

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 04:30:36 PM »
It's interesting how little variation there is between one girl and the next. Judging that event had to be a challenge.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »
If they need more help judging, I would be happy to help out ;D
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:29:11 AM »
It's interesting how little variation there is between one girl and the next. Judging that event had to be a challenge.

eh?

I see both blondes and brunettes with a few tartars and orientals thrown in for diversity  :biggrin:
It is fortunate that a woman's charms can arrest a man's intelligence long enough for copulation to take place.

Our future depends on it!

Offline Zachris

• Spouses Country: Uzbekistan
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:13 PM »
I see both blondes and brunettes with a few tartars and orientals thrown in for diversity  :biggrin:

I'm going to go with Tom on this. Although there are blondes and brunettes, the bodies seem to be remarkably uniform.

Not that I'm complaining.
Numquam tribuere ad malitia quod sufficienter explicatur stultitia.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Никогда не приписывать злобы, которое может быть адекватно объяснено глупостью.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 12:52:57 PM »

I'm going to go with Tom on this. Although there are blondes and brunettes, the bodies seem to be remarkably uniform.

Not that I'm complaining.

I wonder if any of the ladies are listed on EM, AFA or any Russian marriage sites?
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Larry

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
I wonder if any of the ladies are listed on EM, AFA or any Russian marriage sites?

Yes, the lithe and lovely Oksana, contestant number 14, "likes sport, to be on the nature, and make cozy home."

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
It's popka heaven  :o ,  Mila didn't tell anyone that they have popka heaven there !!

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Larry

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
It's popka heaven,  Mila didn't tell anyone that they have popka heaven there !!

I was waiting for you to click on the link and comment on that. :)

I think the fitness contestants generally have better popkas than regular beauty pageant contestants because they exercise them more.  That exercise develops the muscle and gives the popka a very attractive shape.  Long live the stairmaster and the squat.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »
It's popka heaven,  Mila didn't tell anyone that they have popka heaven there !!

I was waiting for you to click on the link and comment on that. :)

I think the fitness contestants generally have better popkas than regular beauty pageant contestants because they exercise them more.  That exercise develops the muscle and gives the popka a very attractive shape.  Long live the stairmaster and the squat.

They're also wearing high heels...
It is fortunate that a woman's charms can arrest a man's intelligence long enough for copulation to take place.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:50:45 PM »
Ya its sorta a win, win, win ,win ,win, win

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »

Yes, the lithe and lovely Oksana, contestant number 14, "likes sport, to be on the nature, and make cozy home."

I believe the rest of the 21 year old Oksana's ad is "don't care about physical appearance. I especially love fat balding 50 year old Americans who only make minimum wage."  :laugh:
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Larry

Re: Fitness bikini pageant in Vladivostok - which popka is best?
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
I don't think I can modify this post to do a poll now, but all this talk of popkas made me wonder about various preferences in popka shape.  Which do you think has the best one:

One of the three girls in the pic (specify which one):

ila_rendered

Or the girl at the beach:

ila_rendered

Or this girl:

Or Olga, Miss Latvia Bikini:

If you're partial to her, there are more pics here: http://www.fitnes.lv/news/viewtopic.php?id=69&p=29

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »
All flights to Vladivostok are sold already?  :king:
Larry, ask ur sales % from VladAvia then  :biggrin:
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline vendelo

• Spouses Country: USA/Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »

eh?

:o

Oh God, did I wake up in the year 1963?

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
Re: Fitness bikini pageant in Vladivostok - which popka is best?
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »
I don't think I can modify this post to do a poll now, but all this talk of popkas made me wonder about various preferences in popka shape.  Which do you think has the best one:

One of the three girls in the pic (specify which one):

Left, Right, Center :whistle:

Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 03:43:34 AM »
Miss Olga, Has incredible body lines! most of her photos make you think of art, rather than naked body

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:08 AM »

eh?

I refer to orientals as people from the orient.  I assure you that the term is still in use  :nod:

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:04 AM »
I refer to orientals as people from the orient.  I assure you that the term is still in use  :nod:

More used in this day and age to describe location (The Orient = Far East) rather than people though. It kinda went the way of the word Celestial(s) to describe those of asian heritage.

People of asian decent do sometimes (not always but it can be considered derogatory) take exception to being described as 'oriental' so be careful with it's use especially if pursuing a lady from the Russian Far East/Asia-Pacific regions.

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 10:14:43 AM »

More used in this day and age to describe location (The Orient = Far East) rather than people though. It kinda went the way of the word Celestial(s) to describe those of asian heritage.

People of asian decent do sometimes (not always but it can be considered derogatory) take exception to being described as 'oriental' so be careful with it's use especially if pursuing a lady from the Russian Far East/Asia-Pacific regions.

Brass

At least among academics The Orient (perhaps I should have capitalized it initially) generally refers to the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Indochina.  One of the fields of study in the humanities when I went to University was called "Oriental Studies" and I don't think that was so long ago :) So I think the term is still valid. I also remember that siberian and slavic people were excluded from this category so I don't think I would run into any problems in the FSU if this was ever a topic of discussion.  I think a RW would assume I was speaking of somebody else besides her.  They have more derogatory terms for people of this heritage anyways.

This was the context I was refering to.

Offline vendelo

• Spouses Country: USA/Hong Kong
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »

eh?

A vase made in Asia is oriental. A person of Asian ethnicity is Asian and not oriental.

It might still be used in Alabama or the Smokey Mountains.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »

eh?

A vase made in Asia is oriental. A person of Asian ethnicity is Asian and not oriental.

It might still be used in Alabama or the Smokey Mountains. What is the basis of your assurance?

My assurance is that it is still the academically used term.  Also, I work with a lot of Indian and Chinese PhD's who are also not offended by the term.  It seems that the only people taking offense to the term are white, Anglo-Saxon Americans.

Also, you might have noticed that minorities in the US don't want to be refered to as minorities anymore, so we will soon be deprived of a term that refers to a broad group of people that aren't caucasian.  So what other tems do we use?

Let's also consider that the source of monorities in Russia are likely to come from The Orient.  I don't really have the eye to distinquish between an Indian or a Pakistani, or a Chinese person from a Mongolian.  So I chose a broad category to describe that some of the women in the contest had non-Russian heritage.

Offline Brasscasing

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 10:57:17 AM »
At least among academics The Orient (perhaps I should have capitalized it initially) generally refers to the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and Indochina.  One of the fields of study in the humanities when I went to University was called "Oriental Studies" and I don't think that was so long ago :) So I think the term is still valid. I also remember that siberian and slavic people were excluded from this category so I don't think I would run into any problems in the FSU if this was ever a topic of discussion.  I think a RW would assume I was speaking of somebody else besides her.  They have more derogatory terms for people of this heritage anyways.

There is a difference between acadamia and real world usage. Try refering to someone with asiatic features as a mongoloid sometime and see where that gets you. :chuckle:

In recent years the term Far East has come to include, if not, describe the asiatic countries bordering on the Pacific.

Yes, looking up 'Oriental Studies', at least Oxford appears to maintain the language. Most countries have updated the terminology to 'Asian', 'Middle Eastern' and 'Far Eastern' Studies or words to that effect.

Slavic and Siberian people may well not have been catagorized as Oriental, I don't see why they would have been. However, I wasn't referring to those of Slavic or Siberian decent.

Ah, well as long as others are employing more derogatory terms for people of this heritage than yourself you'll be fine then (unless it happens to be a Russian of Eurasian heritage, of course).

Brass

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Chemist

• Love Gone Global
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 11:03:48 AM »

There is a difference between acadamia and real world usage. Try refering to someone with asiatic features as a mongoloid sometime and see where that gets you. :chuckle:

In recent years the term Far East has come to include, if not, describe the asiatic countries bordering on the Pacific.

Yes, looking up 'Oriental Studies', at least Oxford appears to maintain the language. Most countries have updated the terminology to 'Asian', 'Middle Eastern' and 'Far Eastern' Studies or words to that effect.

Slavic and Siberian people may well not have been catagorized as Oriental, I don't see why they would have been. However, I wasn't referring to those of Slavic or Siberian decent.

Ah, well as long as others are employing more derogatory terms for people of this heritage than yourself you'll be fine then (unless it happens to be a Russian of Eurasian heritage, of course).

Brass

True.  Leave it to a bunch of intellectuals to derail a thread about half-naked Russian women  :laugh:

Registration