The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Miracles do happen.  (Read 49361 times)

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Miracles do happen.
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2012, 09:30:42 PM »
So you approve of such a age difference? Tom...you are a fraud.

Mark and Anna's marriage is none of our business and they don't need our blessing.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:57 PM »
There are different opinions about this matter. When I see it works, I think why that guy won such a girl? Some members here have tendency to discourage. If you think I waste your time - don't waste your time on me.

My post wasn't really as much about answering you. It was more about giving a heads up to other readers who might not know your history... that in my opinion isn't a waste of time.

By the way, last thing you said in your last thread was that you were forgetting about your FSU search and were going to look for a wife at home. Why the post about young FSU girls now???

No need to answer... just a rhetorical question showing other readers why I think that you are just here trolling.   

What is that mean?!?!

Who do you think you are to decide about me what to write here? I'm a member here like everyone else. I ordered the book and red it. I had past experience with FSU women, including two trips to Ukraine. I can say that I search for a wife at home and I can say otherwise. Any problem with that? No need to shit on me for other readers, thanks.

It means I have no use for someone who goes out SPECIFICALLY to look for girls 30+ years younger than themselves.

Yea
The "experts" wanted to teach me about age difference. Should I avoid writing to young girls just because the doctors say so? Why not try your luck with the age group you are attracted to just because they say it won't work?

You didn't talk about coincidentally meeting a girl this young who attracted you, you talked about TARGETING these girls because girls their age group are who attracted you. Mark himself explained that their situation was very unusual. He wasn't looking for a wife that young and recommends not to try to go out looking for the same age difference that he has with his wife. The "experts" who's words you are trying to dismiss say the same thing.

Your statements are more of a predator than a man who is looking for a loving wife and it makes me sick.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »
So you approve of such a age difference? Tom...you are a fraud.

Mark and Anna's marriage is none of our business.

Would it be if you had a 23 yr old daughter involved with a man who is 49. Tell me I am wrong?

I would kick the living shit out of a man who showed up in my home wanting to see/date my 23 yr old daughter who was 49!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:20 PM »
Would it be if you had a 23 yr old daughter involved with a man who is 49. Tell me I am wrong?

I would kick the living shit out of a man who showed up in my home wanting to see/date my 23 yr old daughter who was 49!

Justmd, open mouth, insert foot.

I subscribe to the futility of the average man seeking a wife who is 25+ years his junior.  However IMHO BOTH TomT and Mark appear to fit into that rare category of man possessing the intelligence, perception, judgement, patience and physical shape to successfully pull it off. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline TomT

« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »

Whether I have a 23-year-old daughter who wants to marry a 49-year-old dickhead or not, Mark and Anna's marriage is still none of our business.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2012, 10:27:16 PM »

Justmd, open mouth, insert foot.

I subscribe to the futility of the average man seeking a wife who is 25+ years his junior.  However IMHO BOTH TomT and Mark appear to fit into that rare category of man possessing the intelligence, perception, judgement, patience and physical shape to successfully pull it off.

Then you are as sad as the others I have mentioned who think it is ok to prey on such young girls, so open mouth...nevermind  :dh:

Offline Justmd

« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »

Whether I have a 23-Garold daughter who wants to marry a 49-Garold dickhead or not, Mark and Anna's marriage is still none of our business.

OK, so you will refrain from dispensing out harsh comments to other men here on this forum and offer constructive advice? then I am good.

Offline TomT

« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2012, 10:44:54 PM »
I'd rather read your complaints about Mark and Anna.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:23 PM »
He wasn't looking for a wife that young

Most men who married very young women say that.

and recommends not to try to go out looking for the same age difference that he has with his wife.

Funnily enough, most men who married very young women say that too.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »

At what age would you allow your daughter to chose her own dates?

and recommends not to try to go out looking for the same age difference that he has with his wife.

Funnily enough, most men who married very young women say that too.

Yeah, weird that. They either think that they are so special that only they can achieve such things, or its much harder work than they are letting on. ;)

Offline Halo

« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2012, 12:11:57 AM »

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2012, 12:18:11 AM »

When I'm 62 my eldest daughter will be ........ 23. I think its a sign ........  :snivel:

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34:56 AM »

:ROFL:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
Divine Intervention has nothing whatsoever to do with it !

Meeting each others requirements and sharing a vision of the future is the foundation.

I was 46 and my wife was 26 when we met.  We have been together for nearly 10 years now and we have two beautiful girls. 

Is it down to money (the tabloids ready excuse) ? No, but being affluent helps...

This horse is flogged to death on the forums with the usual characters reiterating their entrenched positions over and over and over again.

Some people will make large age gap marriages work.  The only unifying principle is that they are content in their relationships and make each other happy.

The detractors cannot imagine they would be happy in such a relationship and seek to impose their preferences on everyone else. 

Huh ???  People are different!  Get over yourselves!

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2012, 04:03:03 AM »
Men who come back after the first trip still with a full box of condoms are more often than not those who become train crashes.

That's a bad example because it doesn't account for the guys who didn't bring 'em, didn't use 'em and, perhaps, wish that they had used 'em.

I was using a polite metaphor.  :biggrin:

Much of the one-to-one phone consultation my wife and/or I have done has been on this subject. Typically, a guy will have visited two or three times. Nothing much has happened. If he has broached the subject with the woman, the 'reasons' vary from time of the month through to religion and even 'good girls don't'. The prognosis is always the same: she just isn't that into you.

It has been said often: When a Russian speaking woman is into you, you will know about it sooner rather than later.

Assuming the guy is socially capable and experienced with women, if it hasn't happened on the first visit (and we'll assume the first visit comprises at least seven dates), - devout religion excepted - its relatively safe to assume it isn't going to. There is no shortage of available women, so even if the odd good one gets away using that criteria, like a bus, another will be along in a moment.

The thing is, socially capable men and those who are experienced with women generally, learn the ropes of this endeavour - by books, forums, school of hard knocks or whatever means - and take a crack at going it alone. Those who are shy, lack confidence, are socially awkward or lack experience with women will find comfort in a group/tour/social setting or a wingman/mentor setting and generally need more um... guidance. Those are the blokes who will buy piffle like:

I've had a few who became intimate their first week that they met.  Interestingly, the ones who were intimate the first week they met are not together.  The guys who waited are.  Most fall in the middle.   

This makes the guy from a different culture, who might not be super confident with women feel OK about not having early success. He will believe from piffle like this that those who "rush" get it wrong. This may lull him into a false sense of security. This may make him depend on his chosen wing-people even more hoping to achieve success.  :money:

On one of the websites recently linked about Mark and his wife, I saw their respective ages in brackets after their names. By so highlighting it, it suggested to me not only that this was their targetted USP (easy meat), but suggests to Joe Sixpack that he can pull off the same age gap with ease. That demonstrably isn't the case. Mark had the attributes his wife was looking for at that time and in her situation - and vice versa. That they are still together and happy makes them the exception rather than the norm.

My advice to those that are not sufficiently au fait with women generally is to practice at home until you know what you are doing. If you cant get it right at home, you wont pull it off with a language barrier, a cultural barrier and especially with a decade or two between you. No amount of wing-people, dollars, webinars, succinct marketing or free ebooks is a substitute for feet-on-the-ground experience and taking the slow road of learning about the society and culture you seek to delve into.
+1 very good post

Offline TomT

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2012, 06:51:56 AM »
The detractors cannot imagine they would be happy in such a relationship and seek to impose their preferences on everyone else. 

It's a little too late for people to encourage Mark and Anna to close the barn door because their horses ran away six years ago.

p.s.

The above metaphor has nothing whatever to do with Ward.

Offline Mark Davis

• Commercial Member
  • Mark & Anna Davis
    • Dream Connections
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2012, 03:44:30 PM »
Last night we hosted the full Webinar on, "What's AGE Got To Do With It?" and had over 60 men on the call.

I covered 20 slides on my experience and advice and then opened the time to Q&A.  We had guys in their 20's and 50's who all had different questions.  Here's the link to the replay:

Personalized singles events in Ukraine for marriage-minded men and women with an 80% success rate: www.DreamConnections.com

Offline Justmd

« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2012, 08:36:18 PM »
If I had a 21-25 year old daughter 5 years difference would be the limit, If a man in his mid to late 40's showed up at my door then he would leave my home embarrassed.

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
If I had a 21-25 year old daughter 5 years difference would be the limit, If a man in his mid to late 40's showed up at my door then he would leave my home embarrassed.

And what is age difference between you and your girlfriend?  :biggrin:
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2012, 08:50:11 PM »

It's a little too late for people to encourage Mark and Anna to close the barn door because their horses ran away six years ago.

p.s.

The above metaphor has nothing whatever to do with Ward.

She was 17 and he was 43 when they meet, anyone else see how wrong this is?

Offline Justmd

« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »

And what is age difference between you and your girlfriend?  :biggrin:

She is 35 and I am 46.

Offline Larry

« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
Justmd,
We understand by now that you vehemently disapprove of twenty year age gap relationships.  But  Mark and his wife are married, quite possibly happily.  Why keep trying to gin up opprobrium on him/them?

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »

Justmd,
I have 3 daughters, and all I hope for them is they will find a good man that will love and care for them.
I think the chances are much better that an older man would not cheat on them, and could provide a good  quality of life..
Age is just a number, and if two people are attracted to each other, then what does it matter? :biggrin:
Sure I would be slightly disappointed if they married a much older man, but if they are happy , it is all I can ask for.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline TomT

« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2012, 09:21:06 PM »
She is 35 and I am 46.

Why did you award yourself an eleven-year age gap when your hypothetical daughter only gets five? Perhaps you should be dating women who are in their forties instead. (I'm pretty sure that this thought must have crossed missAmeno's mind.)

Offline Justmd

« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2012, 09:29:59 PM »
Justmd,
We understand by now that you vehemently disapprove of twenty year age gap relationships.  But  Mark and his wife are married, quite possibly happily.  Why keep trying to gin up opprobrium on him/them?

Answer me this...what would any man who is in mid to late 40's have in common with a lady 20+ years younger?

sex...hot body?

Registration