The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Chris's second trip, first meeting in Lugansk  (Read 122037 times)

Offline ChrisE

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Chris's second trip, first meeting in Lugansk
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »
I have a lot of serious questions to ask now I have a working translator-used it today to good effect, and she enjoyed using it too. This cut her friend out of the conversation, and kept things private. She opened up a lot, but we just ran out of time. I have a list of very important questions on the list yet, and I am setting up a time we can be alone without her "twin" here.

I meet her sister tomorrow (Wed.) which is her only family. I didn't even ask to meet family, she just announced she wanted me to meet. Yes, she's a good one for taking control of a situation, but got my end covered too, and already told her no about a few things she wanted to do. Seems to go over better also when I simply explain why, and she is very reasonable. I think I am learning her pretty well for the short time together so far. Mostly it's just the "feeling out" time, but progress is rapidly being made as we become more comfortable together. I have my eyes and ears open.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:23 PM »

Even if this is the truth, she knew you were "trapped" in your apartment. By doing this she pretty much guaranteed you would not "run into her" that night if you ventured out on your own.

Lee

Boy Lee, you are such a sage.

BTW, got any snow last night out there?

Not much snow at all. Just cold and wind. This is the strangest weather year so far. Maybe 3 inches of snow at my house so far. How is the weather in the Capitol region?

Lee

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 02:38:35 PM »
Chris, I am curious, what did she ask to do, you said no to?
What is her job? and hours? or maybe i am being to nosy? :nod:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:57 PM »
ChrisE,

In almost every travel report there are red flags. They are there for you too.

My driver with a premium car factors about .70 € per kilometer. I bring him cheese and chocolate and I practice my Russian as I driven over the countryside.

The groceries when I was with Lena at the most expensive place in Kiev for three of us came to just over € 50,= this was two meals. Pasta and chicken and salmon and risotto (I brought the risotto) including one bottle on wine.

But you have been with Olga and only you can guage her sincerity firsthand. We are a bunch of back seat drivers. It really depends if she reveals more of herself and if you can see her greater circle of friends including her sister and how she interacts. But even this is no guarantee.

I would though put your foot down on any other expenditures and see how she reacts to this. Perhaps explain that you have come to be with her.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline welder

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
Chris,

Excellent trip report, a very good read. 

Chris I apologize immediately because what I write may offend you. 

IMHO dump this woman and move on. 

1) She was suppose to meet you at the airport - didn't happen
2) Friend should have taken care of the outrageous transport cost - didn't happen
3) Immediately takes you to the mall
4) Blows you off for New Year - has to work BS
5) Shows up at 4pm next day - slept it off but exhausted
6) No sign of affection after 4 days - no kiss, not sitting with you if friend is present

The most frustrating part of this was your response to her return on New Years day.  You appear to be so relieved that you are not left alone in this foreign country that a smile and hug eliminate all that has been done.

Move on Chris.  You seem like a really decent guy from your posts and trip report.  Good luck in whatever you decide with this lady and your FSU pursuits.

Offline ChrisE

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2012, 12:22:55 AM »
AvHdB:

Red flags can be found anywhere if one analyzes too much, yet I agree that anyone in this persuit needs to be on alert for the signs of trouble. I'm sure I may even unknowingly given Olga a couple red flags while here, but I know I am deadly serious in my intentions. It goes both ways, and nobody in this world is perfect. It's a matter of being logical, having an open mind, and being realistic. One has to weigh all the facts, and not just take something out of context-I'm not one to be tilting windmills!

As for the groceries, I don't know why this is such a popular topoic. It's not like she brought me the groceries and asked for money without a reciept. On the contrary, we both went to the store (no 'terp) and just went for the needed groceries. We planned several meals over the week, and this is what I have been living on. These are the REAL prices, not inflated by the lady, and not going crazy on any premium items. Even the cheese was something I picked out myself, because it was about the cheapest they had. It still came out to almost US $10/pound!  :D  Luckily, it was really good, just as all the things Olga chose. I for darn sure didn't know what some of the stuff was, but I think she did very well. She did ask me about certain items, if it was something I liked or not and seemed very concerned I ate well. I was certainly impressed at how she undertook this chore, and was very patient with me. Personally, I think she just enjoyed spending the time with me-not to mention having a guy in tow while in public!  :chuckle:

NS1, as for Olga's work, she manages a retail store. From what I gather is that they sell a whole bunch of different items sort of like a small department store. I know they were selling holiday decorations because Olga was upset when a shipment of glass ornaments came in with a bulk of them broken, and the fact that she had cut herself numerous times sorting the good from the broken. As for hours, she was supposed to have the time of my visit off of work, but of course it hasn't worked that way. I never asked her working hours, but I do know she normally opens the store in the morning, and closes up in the evening. She normally was able to make it on Skype by between 7:00-7:30 pm local time consistently.

Lee, If you read the TR you would know that I was the one who suggested she take the keys that day. Did it on a spur of the moment, and she almost didn't take them because she was concerned about my not going out without them. I had to assure Olga that I had no need to go out, but I was more concerned with her getting back in after work. She agreed that it did make sense, and finally took the keys. From what I observed by her reaction was that I had earned some huge brownie points there as I was making sure she was not going to have problems, and that I was thinking ahead for her welfare. And of course we all know women will keep score!  ;D

So anyway, as I am writing this it will be just about 4 hours until Olga is due to arrive. As was said before, we are off to a nearby art gallery, and I am to meet her sister today which is her only family. I had not asked her to meet her sister, but she decided it was time. I am not going to argue that fact-on the contrary, I feel honored that Olga thinks it has gone on to this level already. The only input I had was where to meet, because of budgetary constraints someplace like out for a fancy dinner were pretty much not an option. I don't know much about the sister other than Olga lives with her and her sister's husband. It was mentioned briefly early on that Olga's sister has 4 children, and I think one of them already has a child of their own. I will get the full story today, and hope to meet them all eventually if things continue to evolve. I know they live quite some distance from where I am staying, on the far Eastern edge of town. I was told that Olga's sister is quite shy, and very nervous about meeting new people-especially some strange new man from the West! I honestly cannot remember ever hearing of a FSUW being shy in anything, but I suppose it's natural that people will be individuals of all kinds.
I'll continue the updates after the meeting, and once I know how things turn out.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2012, 02:57:17 AM »
Katya is the translator friend, yes?

Can you remind us of you guys respective ages Chris?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline ChrisE

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2012, 03:07:07 AM »
Katya I think is young-never asked her age, but she's Olga's niece's best friend from what I was told. Olga herself is 35.

Offline calmissile

• Spouses Country: US
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2012, 03:18:34 AM »
Chris,
Best of luck to you and Olga.  I would suggest keeping your romance more private.  As I learned the hard way, you will have many detractors.  In spite of your desire to share with the newbies, your lady might become pissed to find out that your love story was make public.

You have the skills to assess the scammers and pro daters.  If you keep your heart in the right place and your wallet in your pocket you will be able to make a credible assessment as to her intentions.

The fact that she is older is not necessarily a bad thing.  She is more mature than the 20+ year olds and may be more serious as to her intentions.  She is very beautiful and may eventually make you a great wife.  Shut off the internet and get to know each other.

Best of luck to both of you.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline ChrisE

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2012, 05:32:05 AM »
Thanks for the wisdom Doug, I have made it a point to keep the private things private, but even the detractors make good points. I have a thick skin, and take what is said for what it's worth. She is definately NOT a pro dater or any kind of scammer. I am positive of it now, and am learning to trust her judgement. She has not asked for anything other than for me to not disappear on her, and she has been watching out for my expenses like a hawk. She stated quite bluntly today I am her chosen man, and she intends to make a life with me here in Lugansk. I realized quite suddenly today that she is like a frightened sparrow when it comes to relationships, as she has been hurt badly in the past. But she does have the guts to still persue her dreams, and take the risks-which is how I came to be here.

Due to the weather, we had to cancel the meeting with her sister and delayed it to tomorrow. I felt bad for both the ladies today because I was supposed to meet them at my building door at noon to let them in. I waited until a little after noon, and then came up to the apartment to shoot off a Skype message asking where they were. Apparently they arrived maybe a few moments after I went up, and ended up standing out in the rain for about 15 minutes with no umbrella. They were soaked! When Olga came into the apartment she was NOT happy, as I can imagine. She took off her boots and literally poured the water out!  :snivel: Guess I should have waited longer! lol

She does know about the forum, though maybe not fully aware of the details. Luckily she does not read English! lol But I will try to curtail anything she might find too intimate or revealing just in case. The age factor has not been much of an issue with me other than I wanted someone still young enough to have children, with the desire to have them. Olga definately has this desire! We even talked about my ex today and gave her a somewhat detailed account of the nightmare I lived through. She was shocked, to say the least! I even told her more about the situation with my kids being in foster, ad how I do not have any parental rights due to my ex still being legally married to someone else. I had a LOT of explaining to do to try and get Olga to understand how fooked our system is. Once that was done, now she tells me that if we marry she wants us to try and bring my kids here too. One can only imagine the nightmare that will be! Right now, it's putting the cart in front of the horse. There are more immediate things to accomplish, though it does tell me her heart is in the right place. I was able to ask more questions about some of the things I was concerned about, and she did answer them very satisfactorily. Now this afternoon I will just have to make a list of the rest so I can remember them when we talk again. Dam, it's so hard to think when looking at such a hot kova!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2012, 05:35:12 AM »
Chris, I am sure I and everyone here, truly wishes you success. I guess the fact most of us are concerned is good and bad, one we want you to not get burned and two we want you to have a great trip. All of us have been blinded by the beauty and on occasion see what we want. I truly hope she is telling the truth and all works out.

I agree Enjoy your trip, relax you can always, figure out all the details later. not like your getting married tomorrow :)

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2012, 05:38:40 AM »
Chris,

Excellent trip report, a very good read. 

Chris I apologize immediately because what I write may offend you. 

IMHO dump this woman and move on. 

1) She was suppose to meet you at the airport - didn't happen
2) Friend should have taken care of the outrageous transport cost - didn't happen
3) Immediately takes you to the mall
4) Blows you off for New Year - has to work BS
5) Shows up at 4pm next day - slept it off but exhausted
6) No sign of affection after 4 days - no kiss, not sitting with you if friend is present

The most frustrating part of this was your response to her return on New Years day.  You appear to be so relieved that you are not left alone in this foreign country that a smile and hug eliminate all that has been done.

Move on Chris.  You seem like a really decent guy from your posts and trip report.  Good luck in whatever you decide with this lady and your FSU pursuits.

:nod:  agreed

Chris have you had sex with her yet? Have you gotten more than a kiss on her cheek, done any passionate kissing?  When I see things like you have written I ask myself what would I had done if the roles were reversed.
 Had Olga come to visit you and you were stuck at work due to some problem and couldn't get away, what would you have done to let her know the situation?
 I know I would of contacted someone I know to go to the apartment and inform you, maybe even had you come to the shop so you wouldn't be alone on NYE. Have you been to her shop yet?  NYE is a huge event in UA, she knows that, but she didn't take any measures to see to your needs.  I have had enough Ukraine girls in the past tell me upon arrival that they see to my needs and have concern for my well being. The ones that never worried or asked were not into me, and all I got was face time and a peck on the cheek.

Has she done anything to make up for the wasted NYE fiasco?  Often times when a 3rd person (friend, family member) is present it's done so the girl doesn't need to be alone with the guy, and together the girls can have a pleasant time together with you being the mule. January 8 is coming up, what will she be doing?
 My advice is get a plan B started.  Good luck with the girl and trip.   :thumbsup:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 06:21:56 AM »

She does know about the forum, though maybe not fully aware of the details. Luckily she does not read English! lol But I will try to curtail anything she might find too intimate or revealing just in case. The age factor has not been much of an issue with me other than I wanted someone still young enough to have children, with the desire to have them. Olga definately has this desire! We even talked about my ex today and gave her a somewhat detailed account of the nightmare I lived through. She was shocked, to say the least! I even told her more about the situation with my kids being in foster, ad how I do not have any parental rights due to my ex still being legally married to someone else. I had a LOT of explaining to do to try and get Olga to understand how fooked our system is. Once that was done, now she tells me that if we marry she wants us to try and bring my kids here too. One can only imagine the nightmare that will be! Right now, it's putting the cart in front of the horse. There are more immediate things to accomplish, though it does tell me her heart is in the right place. I was able to ask more questions about some of the things I was concerned about, and she did answer them very satisfactorily. Now this afternoon I will just have to make a list of the rest so I can remember them when we talk again. Dam, it's so hard to think when looking at such a hot kova!

I suspect Doug was referring to the details in a slightly different light.

Until now I have been of the opinion of go with the flow and see where you end up. But the above raises questions on both sides. You will have to trust your judgement and feelings.

It would be good to see the shop that she is manager of. 

Also how the interaction is with her sister.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Supporting Member
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:30 AM »
AvHdB:

Lee, If you read the TR you would know that I was the one who suggested she take the keys that day. Did it on a spur of the moment, and she almost didn't take them because she was concerned about my not going out without them. I had to assure Olga that I had no need to go out, but I was more concerned with her getting back in after work. She agreed that it did make sense, and finally took the keys. From what I observed by her reaction was that I had earned some huge brownie points there as I was making sure she was not going to have problems, and that I was thinking ahead for her welfare. And of course we all know women will keep score!  ;D

Chris,
I did not mean to imply it was a premeditated situation. But she could have had her friend the terp bring you the keys. It would have been the decent thing to do. You were trapped in your apartment for what? 24+ hours? That is unacceptable. I am not trying to rain on your parade. But you are not being treated the way a man who flew thousands of miles to be with a woman. If it had been me, when she b*tched at you about being out in the rain, I would have mentioned her trapping you in your apartment. You have to stand up to this behavior or you will become a doormat that will have you begging to be back with a western woman.

You are a good guy and are being treated badly. With all repect to Doug, we are not trying to destroy your happiness. We are just seeing patterns that we have experienced. We want you to be happy and not involved in a trainwreck.

Take Care,
Lee

Offline ChrisE

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2012, 07:32:30 AM »
Thanks Lee, and I don't see anyone trying to "destroy my happiness" as it were. And I am thankful for all concerns. But just to set the record straight, she never bitched at me for being stuck in the rain. I just said she wasn't happy! Now THAT I can understand! I sure as hell wouldn't be happy either. Right now I am trying to follow my gut feelings. I don't want a trainwreck, nor do I want to lose a really good thing. So I just have to play it out and see where it goes. She has come around and been much more open, but that's as far as I am going to say. I will not get into intimate details. Ultimately, the decisions will be mine and mine alone, and I will have to live with them for good or bad. I will just have to take my time and make as educated decisions I can based on the available facts.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »

Even if this is the truth, she knew you were "trapped" in your apartment. By doing this she pretty much guaranteed you would not "run into her" that night if you ventured out on your own.

Lee

Boy Lee, you are such a sage.

BTW, got any snow last night out there?

Not much snow at all. Just cold and wind. This is the strangest weather year so far. Maybe 3 inches of snow at my house so far. How is the weather in the Capitol region?

Lee

Farging cold. Was 0F at my house this morning. Just got a dusting yesterday.

Online AvHdB

« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2012, 11:17:03 AM »

Right now I am trying to follow my gut feelings. I don't want a trainwreck, nor do I want to lose a really good thing. So I just have to play it out and see where it goes. She has come around and been much more open, but that's as far as I am going to say. I will not get into intimate details. Ultimately, the decisions will be mine and mine alone, and I will have to live with them for good or bad. I will just have to take my time and make as educated decisions I can based on the available facts.

+1

You are there with the brakes, steering wheel, and gas pedal. We are just along for the ride.

Common sense is usually the best navigation system.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
crap, crap, crap I hate it when things go to crap
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2012, 05:38:51 PM »
I have been traveling and sat down and read your TR.

I have been in your shoes, things went to crap. It is really difficult to
admit this. It totally sucks, I have been exactly where you are now.

Chris I like you, we have chatted a hundred times. You gotta admit you
are a little hard headed (so am I by the way) . I am going to give you my
tough love advice and remember the love is there.

1. Get a cell phone NOW
2. Go to Fdating.com slap together a profile and write to each of these girls
for sample letter1
http://fdating.com/profile?id=377380;pid=1000666;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=294758;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=357485;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=441080;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=208818;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=216742;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=217415;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=251666;pid=665373;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=263120;pid=995171;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=319640;pid=806111;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=365288;

3. Go to freepersonals.ru and write each of these girls

http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=421055;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=418897;pid=926888;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=376284;pid=933000;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=383827;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=393961;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=401939;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=412961;pid=889542;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=408234;pid=868656;

4. Look at Mamba too and any other place you can find.

Chris, give yourself a pep talk and go do it. There are a zillion pretty girls
in Lugansk. You found a bad apple go find a better one.

Udachi !!!

Bill

1. Sample letter
Privet, menya zavut Chris !!! I saw your profile and I had to write to you.
Ti takaya krasivaya !

I am in Lugansk for a short time and would like to meet you for a walk in
the park or for tea (maybe cake too). My friends say I am funny and interesting
(I love my friends) send me an sms to my local cell phone  +11 555-1212
and you can find out if my friends are correct.

Potselui

Chris
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
Some great choices there Chris, Go for it:)

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
Re: crap, crap, crap I hate it when things go to crap
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »
I have been traveling and sat down and read your TR.

I have been in your shoes, things went to crap. It is really difficult to
admit this. It totally sucks, I have been exactly where you are now.

Chris I like you, we have chatted a hundred times. You gotta admit you
are a little hard headed (so am I by the way) . I am going to give you my
tough love advice and remember the love is there.

1. Get a cell phone NOW
2. Go to Fdating.com slap together a profile and write to each of these girls
for sample letter1
http://fdating.com/profile?id=377380;pid=1000666;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=294758;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=357485;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=441080;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=208818;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=216742;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=217415;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=251666;pid=665373;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=263120;pid=995171;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=319640;pid=806111;
http://fdating.com/profile?id=365288;

3. Go to freepersonals.ru and write each of these girls

http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=421055;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=418897;pid=926888;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=376284;pid=933000;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=383827;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=393961;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=401939;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=412961;pid=889542;
http://freepersonals.ru/profile?id=408234;pid=868656;

4. Look at Mamba too and any other place you can find.

Chris, give yourself a pep talk and go do it. There are a zillion pretty girls
in Lugansk. You found a bad apple go find a better one.

Udachi !!!

Bill

1. Sample letter
Privet, menya zavut Chris !!! I saw your profile and I had to write to you.
Ti takaya krasivaya !

I am in Lugansk for a short time and would like to meet you for a walk in
the park or for tea (maybe cake too). My friends say I am funny and interesting
(I love my friends) send me an sms to my local cell phone  +11 555-1212
and you can find out if my friends are correct.

Potselui

Chris

TTB - Perhaps your most brilliant post ever... some of those ladies are magnificent - I am tempted to tell Chris if he does not - I will (Contact some of the ladies) sometimes competition motivates action ;)

Offline ChrisE

« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
I admit there are maybe 2 or 3 ladies of those listed I would have been interested in, but if you look at the last login datse, many of them have not been active in a long time-some in over 6 months. But thinks for the effort, and the concern. If I decide to make a change, I will just do a ChristianV and go "shopping" down the streets. I have seen very many hot kovas here, and I think it could be very easy to find a replacement.

But I don't think this horse is dead yet  :dh: On the contrary! Things are looking up here more each day, and I want to give it my best shot. I have some things to work on today, and started others in motion last night. If she can turn up the heat a little, I can turn it up a lot! I really think Olga Will be worth the effort if it comes together. If not, I always have options.

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2012, 08:44:10 PM »
But I don't think this horse is dead yet  :dh: On the contrary!

Chris I knew you would stay on your current course, I wrote it for
the newbies. The horse is dead and getting riper by the minute. 

I wish you luck and success !!!

Udachi !

Bill

PS some of those girls (the profiles I linked to) will look much better
in person than their photos and some will look worse, the only way
to find out is to write them and meet them.

Elenas Models profiles

http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=206488
http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=1721885
http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=4736476
http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=6464621
http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=1849340

If you don't like this girl ask her if she might like me  :)
http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=1037216

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline ChrisE

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2012, 11:50:13 PM »
Go for it Bill! lol

But on a side note, where else on earth are you going to find a lady with 3 kids who is still hot looking, 106 pounds, and healthy?
http://www.elenasmodels.com/index.php?ap=1849340 (As per Bills post)

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »
Wow Chris,she is really a babe and YOU were taking video's of buildings (and some sky) when you should have had that lens pointed at her. If I understand correctly this is open season on you and her so I want to put my two kopeks in. I have nothing better to do lately.

I am with that small group who does not like things. The taxi seemed twice what it should be for anywhere else. She should have taken better care of that or maybe you should have.

I am not worried about the food bill. Sometimes the women want you to be comfortable and have the best because you are from the rich country so you end up with better quality meat at better quality stores. Then again, you did not say how many days worth of food you got. Hopefully it will last a week or more for two.

The two stories in one day is not good. Russians have great faces for stories. On the other hand, stuff does happen and especially over there.

I am just upset at how you have been taken care of. It almost sounds to me like this woman is not all that bright. It also does not sound like you are together all that much. Maybe you have had some long conversations but it doesn't sound like that to me.

For last I have saved a negative comment for you. Please tell me that was not a generic makeup kit you gave her and if it was, is she really using it?

Now being finished with negative crap I have suggestions.

Do not rely on faulty communication because it is private. This is a time for lots of communication and with no mistakes, no misunderstandings at all. The smallest of things to you could be big for her and a misunderstanding can come back to ruin things later. I would keep the trans. going full throttle myself.

Second, you mention business. I have had a small laundromat, a coffee kiosk and a manicure shop all of which cost $8000 to $10,000 each to get going and then between $1000 to $2000 a month to keep going. Even a tiny kiosk with display can easily run over $1500. The lease is maybe the worst thing as these people will get all they can out of you. It is good that she has experience but there is a real big difference working with the public, working with women. I hope she is a strong girl.

Finally, I would suggest talking more about money. What does she see as the expense of normal living for you two? Can you handle it? Does she have expectations of higher income from you? She does not seem to understand your finances and that doesn't seem too right to me. Explaining that things are more costly back home doesn't often do the job. You can wait til later to talk finances but it is important enough to get out of the way soon. I believe that the most important things to get straight are those things we both "assume" and leave for later.

She is a babe and I hope it works well for you. It looks to me like you are in learning mode with her and that is good. Try to triple it. It will be several months before you really get to know her. And do not let others give you flak on the sex subject. There really are some women who would prefer to do things the old fashioned way.

Scott
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline Manny

« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2012, 02:05:51 AM »
Please tell me that was not a generic makeup kit you gave her and if it was, is she really using it?

The one on the video? My wife said it looked like a CK one she had seen in TK Maxx, and if it were her, she would have preferred the stuff she was asked to choose rather than generic stuff she will likely not use.

I may be wrong, maybe the lady loved it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration