The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anastasia.com scam or real?  (Read 101613 times)

Offline Ade

• Spouses Country: Russia/UK-Norway
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Anastasia.com scam or real?
« Reply #625 on: April 02, 2013, 12:43:54 AM »
(untrue story)

I have a girlfriend, we are planning to be married. She works with a mafiya outfit, their main business is selling drugs, her job is to do the accounting for the business, she collects the money and pays the street level dealers.

Nothing wrong with that of course, she is not a drug dealer, she thinks selling drugs is wrong, she promised me she had never sold drugs and I believe her.

It will be good to take her out of that environment and make an honest woman of her.

lol. Precisely.

Of course, there will be many men here that will think that way. In fact, this thread seems to be a case in point.

It seems you two have never been able to love, sort of sad, but it your choice.

Strange conclusion you've drawn.

I'll even say I've dated, sometime in my past, women with dodgy principles, but I never kidded myself to that or made excuses for them.

Ade, To me  you are the one with the dodgy principles. But are conclusions strange or otherwise are based on what you write. Av

Why do you think I have "dodgy principles" exactly? Because I don't lie? Because I don't scam people? Because I try to point out the flaws in other people's thinking? Go on, tell me, I'm truly curious why you think that. Or is it you "exaggerating for effect" again?

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #626 on: April 02, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »
If you enter the party through the left door you will have to walk through fire, encounter venomous snakes and the odd angry dragon. The entrance fee can vary, though it will usually be quite steep.

The door to the right allows you to enter the same party for free, with no obstacles.

Which you choose?

Offline jamaica_live

• причиняю добро и наношу пользу
« Reply #627 on: April 02, 2013, 06:22:58 AM »
Superheroes don't choose the easy ways.
People who do not listen to the advice, you can not help.

"В некоторых людях живет Бог, в некоторых - дьявол, а в некоторых только глисты." (God lives in some people, the devil - in others... and in certain people live only worms.)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #628 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:42 AM »
Why do you think I have "dodgy principles" exactly?  Because I don't scam people? Because I try to point out the flaws in other people's thinking?
You make assumptions about other people and hold your self to be some supper arbitrator of any one who considers a dating a woman from another culture. As the most recent example your snide comments directed to Barbossa's partner.

As answer to your subsequent questions, in order;

Because I don't lie?
I do not think you lie, you are to pompous.

Because I don't scam people?
I have never met you or done business with you. I give every one the benefit of doubt with in reason.

Because I try to point out the flaws in other people's thinking? Go on, tell me, I'm truly curious why you think that. Or is it you "exaggerating for effect" again?
Your problem, (I do not care how you view it) is your over riding sense of moral superiority and denial of some one else's standpoint that is you Achilles heel in my opinion. You demean and deride those who do not agree with you.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #629 on: April 02, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
I don't trust anyone who makes a public claim that they don't lie. Ironic really.

Offline TomT

« Reply #630 on: April 02, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »
Yes, several pages back.

Great! Getting an email address by surreptitious means doesn't rule out the possibility of an agency employee at the other end, though. If she happens to be the girl in the photo/video window, but was previously on the take, now he should know that she isn't reluctant to cheat her partner/boss out of his/her cut of the proceeds. (Hence, Andrew's point: "No honour amongst thieves") I'm not sure that the hidden-email trick accomplishes much of anything  except a false sense of confidence.

He is now at exactly the same point, at which he would be, if a girl on the scammer-laden freepersonals.ru passed an email address to him. 

Offline Ade

« Reply #631 on: April 02, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »
I don't trust anyone who makes a public claim that they don't lie. Ironic really.

Funny, but I don't trust people shown to be liars.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #632 on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
Ya know, I'm beginning to believe that all American men must be required to spend six nights in a domestic strip club before they're allowed to set foot on an airplane bound for the FSU. 

I think there would be many positive results from such a requirement:

1)  discover that some girls will tell you anything to get possession of your money,

2)  discover that some girls will use their sexual attractiveness to get possession of your money,

3)  discover that some girls will tell you a true or made up hard luck story about their life to get possession of your money,

4)  discover that some girls will try to convince you they prefer older or "bigger" men to get possession of your money,

5)  discover that some girls will do whatever they can to dissuade you from looking at other strippers so they can be first in line to get possession of your money,

6)  discover that the sexual stimulation from a hot body while desireable, is quite fleeting and somehow hollow without emotional attachment,

7)  discover that some girls will lie and tell you don't have a boyfriend or husband; when in fact they do, so they can get possession of your money,

Yes, strip clubs can be VERY educational . . . . . . . . . . . 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #633 on: April 02, 2013, 12:01:11 PM »
Ya know, I'm beginning to believe that all American men must be required to spend six nights in a domestic strip club before they're allowed to set foot on an airplane bound for the FSU. 

I think there would be many positive results from such a requirement:

1)  discover that some girls will tell you anything to get possession of your money,

2)  discover that some girls will use their sexual attractiveness to get possession of your money,

3)  discover that some girls will tell you a true or made up hard luck story about their life to get possession of your money,

4)  discover that some girls will try to convince you they prefer older or "bigger" men to get possession of your money,

5)  discover that some girls will do whatever they can to dissuade you from seeing other girls so they can be first in line to get possession of your money,

6)  discover that the sexual stimulation from a hot body while desireable, is quite fleeting and somehow hollow without emotional attachment,

7)  discover that some girls will lie and tell you don't have a boyfriend or husband; when in fact they do, so they can get possession of your money,

or these same men could just cut out all the BS and hire a hooker or two and never leave their home town  :)
Слава Україні

Offline Ade

« Reply #634 on: April 02, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »
Why do you think I have "dodgy principles" exactly?  Because I don't scam people? Because I try to point out the flaws in other people's thinking?
You make assumptions about other people and hold your self to be some supper arbitrator of any one who considers a dating a woman from another culture. As the most recent example your snide comments directed to Barbossa's partner.

A certain amount of logic dictates certain probabilities. Either she knew and is complicit, therefore a liar, or she didn't know and is just too naive for a Ukrainian girl that isn't a little dim. Those comments were not snide.

As answer to your subsequent questions, in order;

Because I don't lie?
I do not think you lie, you are to pompous.

To [sic] pompous to be a liar? You realize that those two things aren't mutually exclusive?

Because I don't scam people?
I have never met you or done business with you. I give every one the benefit of doubt with in reason.

Well that's the point isn't it? If a woman has been employed, knowingly, in a scam business wouldn't you say that doubt is reasonable?

Because I try to point out the flaws in other people's thinking? Go on, tell me, I'm truly curious why you think that. Or is it you "exaggerating for effect" again?
Your problem, (I do not care how you view it) is your over riding sense of moral superiority and denial of some one else's standpoint that is you Achilles heel in my opinion. You demean and deride those who do not agree with you.

Well, I guess even you are entitled to an opinion.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #635 on: April 02, 2013, 12:10:51 PM »
or these same men could just cut out all the BS and hire a hooker or two and never leave their home town  :)

No Chris, a hooker is too quick and too direct, plus you always get the product you wanted to buy.

A "strip club" is more like internet dating in Ukraine has become.  In a strip club the object of the stripper is to get as much money from the gullable man as possible by suggesting or implying she desires sexual contact from the man, but providing as little actual sexual contact as possible.

I'm being serious when I suggest it as good training for many men.  Based on some of the comments I've read on this forum in the past several months the experience would be a real eyeopener for them.   

Offline AJ

« Reply #636 on: April 02, 2013, 12:35:03 PM »
Have any of you geniuses developed a strategy to deal with this situation yet?

Never proposed one. There are better methods to contact women in the FSU, if that's a mans decision.

I'd simply expect men to understand clearly  that a chat invite from Aweb or DM RLM HRB etc is , far more  likely, from someone paid  to invite them to chat , than not.
It really has been that simple all along. It isn't nearly as controversial as is being made out here,or even a novel concept. I'm rather shocked anyone would think otherwise, than a total newbie.

As far as big agencies,common advice would be to  avoid them in general for a multitude of reasons,  even though there are plenty of women listed with them that are legitimately looking for a foreign man for marriage.

If a guy chooses to use that as a means of contacting women ,why not?
As long as he knows the situation in general  behind things going into it,
 and as you pointed out even free personals have a degree of risk.

Ultimately a man looking has to decide on an individual basis any given woman's motivations, for that matter the woman listed either on free personal sites ,or agency sites, have  those same challenges regarding the men involved.

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #637 on: April 02, 2013, 01:16:17 PM »
Yes, several pages back.

Great! Getting an email address by surreptitious means doesn't rule out the possibility of an agency employee at the other end, though. If she happens to be the girl in the photo/video window, but was previously on the take, now he should know that she isn't reluctant to cheat her partner/boss out of his/her cut of the proceeds. (Hence, Andrew's point: "No honour amongst thieves") I'm not sure that the hidden-email trick accomplishes much of anything  except a false sense of confidence.

He is now at exactly the same point, at which he would be, if a girl on the scammer-laden freepersonals.ru passed an email address to him.

(Patiently)

Tom, 

Getting an email address that is volunteered by a woman to you, is, first of all, not obtaining it by surreptitious means.  It is something that she is willing and desiring to do. 

Second, at the time she gives you this email, you are looking her in the face.  You are seeing her and she is responding.

We have established that many of these women are actually seeking a mate, whatever their other activities are. 

If I am on a free website or if I am on a PPL website, I will still want to establish a baseline communication with a woman, verifying that she is real and that I can see her. 

My response to your post is, once again, limited to the Thread Topic only.  Anastasia Date, Scam or Real.

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #638 on: April 02, 2013, 01:25:35 PM »

Shakespear, your post indicates that you are a well educated man.  Personally, I am intrigued.  What a novel idea!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #639 on: April 02, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »
Shakespear, your post indicates that you are a well educated man.  Personally, I am intrigued.  What a novel idea! 

Oh I've been known to enjoy a visit to a strip club on occasion. 

Not at all ashamed to admit it. 

It just surprises me about the naivety of some of the men that post here.

"Investing" a couple hundred dollars in local strip clubs and learning how the game is played by real professionals might "toughen them up" a bit and save them from losing a couple thousand in the FSU. 

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #640 on: April 02, 2013, 01:41:51 PM »

Oh I enjoy a visit to a strip club on occasion. 

Not at all ashamed to admit it. 

It just surprises me about the naivety of some of the men that post here.

"Investing" a couple hundred dollars in local strip clubs and learning how the game is played by real professionals might "toughen them up" a bit.

I really don't care about strip clubs at all. Nothing moralistic. No need to be shameful either. As a matter of fact, I've gone with friends across the border (when at a convention in Niagara Falls) to see the 'Canadian Ballet' more than once.

Meh.

I don't get any kicks watching women being groped by some drunk loners.

I guess I've been spoiled. I prefer one-on-one.   :evilgrin0002:

And you don't really need to 'invest' a couple hundred bucks to learn how the game is played.  :smokin:

Online AvHdB

« Reply #641 on: April 02, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »

A certain amount of logic dictates certain probabilities. Either she knew and is complicit, therefore a liar, or she didn't know and is just too naive for a Ukrainian girl that isn't a little dim. Those comments were not snide.

Still trying? - Please give it up - do you want me to reference further back to your (all)most ASO comments? 

You are so washed up there is an understanding who you are.

Yes you can make positive input but it is limited when you do not think.

Perhaps stop being the parrot?

Ade, My impression you are decent guy (chap) put on thinking boots. Av

Offline TomT

« Reply #642 on: April 02, 2013, 08:56:45 PM »
AJ, Jone et al,

You are dancing all around this topic but you've disregarded the most important point: the vast majority of the major IMB's customers lack the experience, the intelligence, the social skills and the financial strength to get themselves an FSU bride from any source. Conversely, bride-searchers with experience, intelligence, social skills and financial strength can and do find brides anywhere.

AD has arguably the poorest reputation in the business but a few men have still managed to marry some of their girls. In reality, the reports of shady business practices mean little because their target demographic consists mostly of men who are so challenged that they chat with smoking-hot teens with whom they have no chance. Given this, failure is inevitable. The marriages to AD girls mean little, as well, because these capable men could have found wives anywhere.

At the end of the day, success or failure comes down to what the parties bring to the table, not on which agency takes their money.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #643 on: April 02, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
Considering that AD does not charge several thousand dollars for a man to successfully get married, they need to earn their fees somehow.  Men are charged for an opportunity; there are no guarantees.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #644 on: April 02, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »
AJ, Jone et al,

You are dancing all around this topic but you've disregarded the most important point: the vast majority of the major IMB's customers lack the experience, the intelligence, the social skills and the financial strength to get themselves an FSU bride from any source. Conversely, bride-searchers with experience, intelligence, social skills and financial strength can and do find brides anywhere.

AD has arguably the poorest reputation in the business but a few men have still managed to marry some of their girls. In reality, the reports of shady business practices mean little because their target demographic consists mostly of men who are so challenged that they chat with smoking-hot teens with whom they have no chance. Given this, failure is inevitable. The marriages to AD girls mean little, as well, because these capable men could have found wives anywhere.

At the end of the day, success or failure comes down to what the parties bring to the table, not on which agency takes their money.

Tom,

Ultimately, I have to agree with you.  That is why there are so few examples of men who marry women from Anastasia Date on the website.  Those who are socially or financially challenged will probably not win the hand of the woman.  And those who are sophisticated enough to beat the system would not want to put their faces with such an endeavor.  I was caught by the eye candy, initially.  I hunted in this forest because I already had experience here.  There are so many different options of where to find women.  As my old schoolmate would say 'it's what you know'.

While the men from lower financial strata or lower social sets will come spend their money as if throwing it away at an un-winnable county fair game, the true losers are the women.  They are teased with money and pictures and promos.  Many of them, in spite of the ethics involved or money received, still want to marry a western man.  They will be used up and spit out by the great money machine.  Their profiles probably will live on and on unless specifically requested to be removed.  And the image online that is shared is much better than reality because it is photo shopped and enhanced. 

Offline Ade

« Reply #645 on: April 03, 2013, 12:04:22 AM »

Still trying? - Please give it up - do you want me to reference further back to your (all)most ASO comments? 

You are so washed up there is an understanding who you are.

Yes you can make positive input but it is limited when you do not think.

Perhaps stop being the parrot?

Ade, My impression you are decent guy (chap) put on thinking boots. Av

WTF are you talking about? Seriously, with the gibberish that those fingers of yours manage to type sometimes, I really have to wonder if you've spent a little too long in one of them Amsterdam Coffee shops sampling smoke, if you know what I mean   :-X

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #646 on: April 03, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »
(untrue story)

I have a girlfriend, we are planning to be married. She works with a mafiya outfit, their main business is selling drugs, her job is to do the accounting for the business, she collects the money and pays the street level dealers.

Nothing wrong with that of course, she is not a drug dealer, she thinks selling drugs is wrong, she promised me she had never sold drugs and I believe her.

It will be good to take her out of that environment and make an honest woman of her.

lol. Precisely.

Of course, there will be many men here that will think that way. In fact, this thread seems to be a case in point.

Could you 2 please get a private room? To see all this sucking is embarrassing in public.

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #647 on: April 03, 2013, 12:45:43 AM »

WTF are you talking about? Seriously, with the gibberish that those fingers of yours manage to type sometimes, I really have to wonder if you've spent a little too long in one of them Amsterdam Coffee shops sampling smoke, if you know what I mean   :-X

Funny thing is when I read about your self styled  "RAPIER WIT" the only thing I can see is F....WIT!! :chuckle:

Offline Ade

« Reply #648 on: April 03, 2013, 01:23:24 AM »

Funny thing is when I read about your self styled  "RAPIER WIT" the only thing I can see is F....WIT!! :chuckle:

From you, of course that is a compliment.  tiphat

Online AvHdB

« Reply #649 on: April 03, 2013, 04:48:13 AM »
Bill & Bill,

Sorry not to get back earlier regarding the foto that was posted by 2TallBill, Oksana is a model from Rivne.

My "relationship" with her is described in Again to Kiev   
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=14513.0  replies # 4 to 28

& an update in Back to The Ukraine, for what it is worth Stirlitz said she was beautiful when he met her.
http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=15856.0  reply #199

Here is a foto of Oksana.