The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: US Embassy Answer to - Can we immigrate her to US while we live in UA?  (Read 1149 times)

Offline anotheropus

• Shto yest - to yest
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Hello good people,

I will be married in Ukraine in 12 days, on Saturday, November 19, 2011.

When I was in Kiev at the US Embassy, I spoke directly with the US Embassy Consular Officer.

I asked him if it was possible for me to begin K3, Spousal Visa, paperwork to immigrate my Ukrainian wife to the US, while we lived and stayed in Ukraine for the next two to three years.

The answer seems obvious, but since I had a real live US Embassy Consular Officer in front of me, I wanted to see if there were any exceptions.

The answer is, "No," a Ukrainian who wants to immigrate to US, must immigrate (move) physically to the US.

So, for my Ukrainian wife to eventually become an American Citizen, we will be required to apply for her K3 spouse visa, and then move and live in the US.

Warmest and best to you all,

Christopher
Christopher
-

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
Re: US Embassy Answer to - Can we immigrate her to US while we live in UA?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 02:53:41 AM »
IIRC, in many consulates and this varies in each AOR, that if you live in a country under a particular embassies 'purview' for a period of 6 months or more with your spouse. You can DCF and speed up the K3 process a bit.

Registration