The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Not all endings are happy  (Read 16690 times)

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
  • Trips: 1-5
Re: Not all endings are happy
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2011, 06:26:04 PM »
You'll never know another person well enouth until you divorce him  :smokin:
the Happy marriage is a lottery...my congratulations for winners...
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 08:43:14 PM »
How long have they been married? Long enough for her to finish med school. Anything could happen during those years,   but it doesn't matter, because what ever happened it is because she is a calculating bitch.  (:) Right? How can anyone know?

I almost divorced my husband when my son was 16, by that time he paid for my mother's visit to Au for my numerous visits to Russia  and for my son's few years in a private school. If we didn't sort our relationship out I'd be divorcing him not because I had no use for him any more but because I felt I couldn't stay with him any longer. We overcame that hurdle but some people don't.

Do you remember KenC and his Lena with whom he was madly in love and for years he insisted it was mutual even though there was 25 years gap? She left him straight after she got her law degree and at the same time when he went almost broke but he was adamant that is was coincidental and there were absolutely more valid reasons for divorce. 

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2011, 03:58:48 AM »
It's strange how in these situations it's almost always the women that leave the men though isn't it ?

The financial beneficaries are almost always the women too.

Nuff said.
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2011, 04:57:34 AM »
Chelseaboy, yes, agree.

A while ago I met a young woman, we are still friends. She wanted to settle down with me and I thought seriously about it. She is intelligent, good fun, attractive in all senses of the word.
Of course, she is much younger than I.

A significant reason that I did not settle down with her was the advice of somebody who, over the years, I have come to regard very highly and whose profession covers the realm of couples therapy.
Her perspective was that there was nothing wrong with a relationship between people of widely different ages but that I needed to be aware that the relationship would be very unlikely to survive longer than it would take her to graduate from university and get her feet under the table in her first post graduation job.
She was almost certainly correct in her assessment - indeed it should be pretty obvious why this is so.

I considered going down that road but then realized that my situation if this happened five or six years down the road would not be good. She would be able to say goodbye and move on thinking she was doing the right thing for herself but I'd be left alone and in a place where finding a replacement in my life would be MUCH harder.

Time and again, I see that Ulle's perspective was spot on. It ain't that the women are evil but that their lives are going to change and what they needed from us before, the things that made the relationship possible, are no longer needed and that while we older blokes stay in the same place our younger partners move on, as they need and must do.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wild Orchid

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:15 PM »
It's strange how in these situations it's almost always the women that leave the men though isn't it ?

The financial beneficaries are almost always the women too.

Nuff said.

I know few cases when not only men have left women but they did everything in their power to remove them from the country by deportation.

I know one gorgeous young woman with 2 Australian children who was talked to moving to Dubai before getting any residential status in Au and was left there to fend for herself and her children. Apparently UAmirates don't have any law about child support, probably not in their culture to abandon women and children like that. She struggle for a  bit while her "husband" was making  big $$ there and had no choice but to go to her parents. Now she lives in my hometown with her two kids with Australian passports and has no means to go to Au, she gets no support from her ex because Au and Ru has no agreement on child support and she doesn't know what to do. She is an excellent baker, here is her site http://www.cakesbyrazilia.com/, but she doesn't make enough money to support all of them.

Registration