The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: What I Know About Russian and Ukrainian Women  (Read 33782 times)

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
Re: WHAT I KNOW ABOUT RUSSIAN AND UKRAINIAN WOMEN
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2011, 04:46:26 AM »
If you would like to interesting woman which you meet, do not rush to say that she likes you and compliment, behave as bud-then you have thousands of options and it is one of them (but it is still better than others) feels let competition

.. did you mention somewhere that you were a translator/interpretor? :reading:

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
Unlike in the West, FSU women expect prospective suitors to be bearing gifts. (It is probably backlash to a lifetime of having been showered with empty promises.) An interesting anecdote that I read on Antidate was that "Man who spends all [of his] money on me doesn't have any [to] spend on other woman." The girls were generally in agreement with this. Unfortunately, this attitude complicates differentiating between sincere girls who are willing to commit (but who like gifts) and professional daters who milk shopping for all that it is worth.

People who expect simple rules to apply in every circumstance are likely to make some very bad decisions because every situation that one walks into has to be evaluated based on its own merits. I've been reading rubbish about what FSU women do or don't do for over a decade. The reality is that they are unpredictable and they don't all fit into the same cubbyhole. The sooner that men understand that they have to clear their minds and think on their feet, the more quickly that those feet will get them where they want to be.

Offline kenny2112

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
Unlike in the West, FSU women expect prospective suitors to be bearing gifts. (It is probably backlash to a lifetime of having been showered with empty promises.) An interesting anecdote that I read on Antidate was that "Man who spends all [of his] money on me doesn't have any [to] spend on other woman." The girls were generally in agreement with this. Unfortunately, this attitude complicates differentiating between sincere girls who are willing to commit (but who like gifts) and professional daters who milk shopping for all that it is worth.

People who expect simple rules to apply in every circumstance are likely to make some very bad decisions because every situation that one walks into has to be evaluated based on its own merits. I've been reading rubbish about what FSU women do or don't do for over a decade. The reality is that they are unpredictable and they don't all fit into the same cubbyhole. The sooner that men understand that they have to clear their minds and think on their feet, the more quickly that those feet will get them where they want to be.

I couldn't agree more, Tom. I have seen both scenarios play out. One girl that wanted gifts and let me know what she liked as far as perfume, flower etc. Another girl almost seemed annoyed with gifts. Grateful yet annoyed but the gifts that meant the most to her were things that I had made myself that cost nothing.

Offline Boris

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
Vinn said:

Whilst I don't advocate being 'greedy', if you are having to shower your lady with gifts to prove your seriousness, it's probably time to move on to pastures new ... especially if her Birthday is approaching.

No truer words were ever spoken concerning this pursuit.  :nod:

Offline russiansofantalya

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 07:40:34 PM »
In My job, I can see meny girls who interesting to meet foreigner man. most of all looking for the good life. BUT, about 90% want to have rich and generous suitor, so, when you meet with ukrainian (Russian woman) never show her that you have not big salary. Show her that you have better life then she can imaging. 90% woman never was abroad, and can't imaging live there.

i cannot say you are wrong , but you shouldnt generalize that......

Offline russiansofantalya

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:44 PM »
thats very True,

they are unpredictable (russian-ukrainan womans)

you never know what is in their mind.....

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
BUT, about 90% want to have rich and generous suitor, so, when you meet with ukrainian (Russian woman) never show her that you have not big salary.

If you are suggesting that men should exaggerate their financial strength, then I can't agree. It's much better to leave a golddigger for someone who can afford her and who deserves her.

Offline simo82

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
I agree with Tom Honesty is the best policy, i managed to show my wife through my actions that i was dependable, romantic, serious, even if i earn less than 23K!!! she knows that i will provide for her! and she doesnt care that i earn this amount.....in this climate of unease she is just happy i have a job i think  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline feosky

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2011, 11:17:29 PM »

.. did you mention somewhere that you were a translator/interpretor? :reading:

I mean you need to show to any woman that you just would like to have a choice, and she is just one of them

Offline feosky

• Commercial Member
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2011, 11:21:57 PM »

I'm agree with you. But each situation must be addressed individually. Unaversalnyh councils do not exist. Suzhestvuyut only useful advice to the action

Offline feosky

• Commercial Member
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2011, 11:26:03 PM »
thats very True,

they are unpredictable (russian-ukrainan womans)

you never know what is in their mind.....

You are right. Can not find a general rule for all, but you can follow the general recommendations for the specific case

Offline feosky

• Commercial Member
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2011, 11:31:40 PM »

If you are suggesting that men should exaggerate their financial strength, then I can't agree. It's much better to leave a golddigger for someone who can afford her and who deserves her.

I told about "not tell her about you not rich man". Of course you can try looking for the girl and tell everyone that you are poor, and you will see, you find no one woman. The FSU woman looking in abroad man only good life! 99%!

Offline feosky

• Commercial Member
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2011, 11:44:02 PM »
I agree with Tom Honesty is the best policy, i managed to show my wife through my actions that i was dependable, romantic, serious, even if i earn less than 23K!!! she knows that i will provide for her! and she doesnt care that i earn this amount.....in this climate of unease she is just happy i have a job i think  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Simo, I belive that you are good person, and i belive you will have good life with the woman who love you.
The Ukrainian woman can be very careful and thankful. But here I show the recommendation to concerned the woman. How to save energy and money and find good woman in ukraine.

The most of all woman looking for the good life, so you need to show her what she will receive if she marry with you.
So you need to make paradise for her in her country.
The best exemple is Jean Claude Van Dam, he almost live in Kiev and bought the new flat in the center of Kiev for Alena Kaverina.

Fo everything in this life need to pay, so If you would like have young, beautiful woman, be ready to pay for this from your pocket.

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2011, 01:23:56 AM »

I told about "not tell her about you not rich man". Of course you can try looking for the girl and tell everyone that you are poor, and you will see, you find no one woman. The FSU woman looking in abroad man only good life! 99%!

Imagine  :) Papya women looking in abroad man only good life too  :party0011:
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »

What's a salary? - ( other than something you must pay to others ) if you run your own biz :)
[/quote]

That comes across as very smug and cocky, hope it wasn't intended as such !!!

Offline simo82

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2011, 03:13:32 PM »

Simo, I belive that you are good person, and i belive you will have good life with the woman who love you.
The Ukrainian woman can be very careful and thankful. But here I show the recommendation to concerned the woman. How to save energy and money and find good woman in ukraine.

The most of all woman looking for the good life, so you need to show her what she will receive if she marry with you.
So you need to make paradise for her in her country.
The best exemple is Jean Claude Van Dam, he almost live in Kiev and bought the new flat in the center of Kiev for Alena Kaverina.

Fo everything in this life need to pay, so If you would like have young, beautiful woman, be ready to pay for this from your pocket.

Thanks Feosky.
Hopefully my wife thinks so too  :laugh: :laugh:
Do you have a kinda of do and dont list in your opinion of what guys new to this should or should not be doing, and how to detect the scam ladies, as i think people may need it spelling out for them....do you have any good examples of people that married???
I agree there are prob lots of men who would like to not spend so much time and energy, and believe that your insights could be of help.

Is Van Dam with Alena Kaverina still???? i saw him in a beer advert and he has got very old looking......but he has money!  :laugh:

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2011, 04:29:27 PM »
Is Van Dam with Alena Kaverina still????

According to my Kiev girlfriend Katya he's still spending a lot of time in Kiev.  She had a photo taken with him and your right, he is looking old.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
According to my Kiev girlfriend Katya he's still spending a lot of time in Kiev.  She had a photo taken with him and your right, he is looking old.

After 5 divorces, I think we all would.

Offline kenny2112

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 05:45:11 PM »

After 5 divorces, I think we all would.

WORD!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2011, 12:34:50 AM »
Quote from: moby

What's a salary? - ( other than something you must pay to others ) if you run your own biz :)

My bad, then.. it should come across as person that takes a variable amount from  biz...  :chuckle:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2011, 01:18:42 AM »

I follow the concept not to tell her anything about my personal assets or lack there of.

It is about two people who want to build a future together not about how rich or poor you are.

Also most of the women who I have been with and know the differences of a high level Western life style to the reality of life in Ukraine/Russia choose there homeland. Why I wonder . . . not entirely sure but they realize the cost in adapting to a different culture is very high.

While I am certain others will toast me I suspect this is part of the reason you see more women under the age of 30 seeking a relationship with a man from the West than 30+.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

My bad, then.. it should come across as person that takes a variable amount from  biz...  :chuckle:

Still comes across as smug and cocky !!!

Offline krassavchick

« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2011, 03:48:17 PM »

[/quote]

I follow the concept not to tell her anything about my personal assets or lack there of.

"It is about two people who want to build a future together not about how rich or poor you are".

That's what it should be about, but i'd tend to agree with Feosky on this one, although my experience is only with Russia.  How much money you have is very important.  These girls love rich guys.  There are lots of rich guys in Russia and they spoil the girls with gifts, money and attention [while they're interested] because they can.  There are always exceptions, but the prettier the woman, the deeper your pockets need to be.

However, when the women are over 30-35, and especially if they have a child they seem to go through a positive metamorphosis and they're expectations on everything in life are less and more realistic.  again Ukraine seems to be different as it doesn't have oil or gas but many Russians are earning good salaries now especially when you take into consideration their unoficial salaries.  Huge numbers drive nice cars and have flats and go on holidays.  In fact i've never seen another city with so many Lexus, Toyota Land cruisers, BMW and mercedes Hummers blah blah.   So there is lots of money here and the girls of course know it as it's all around them.  Maybe Ukraine is different i don't know, but here there doesn't seem to be to many queing to leave.  I hear more wanting to leave because of the climate and corruption than lack of money.

If you're looking hot women you better be bringing something damn fine to the table otherwise forget it.  Sure it's not hard to date these girls but you won't hold onto  them.  They're always looking something bigger and better.  Lots of hot young girls [ not all] have sponsors [often married] who pay them big sums of money for no strings attached.  These girls make hay while they can.  I know one girl who got a nice car and a wage that enabled her to go to Moscow and party every weekend with her friends there and still have money for epensive clothes and outfits etc etc  Didn't do an hours work and spent all her time getting massages and looking as good as she could.  An extreme example but not uncommon.

That is why when i found out about the Pro Dater phenomenon here on this forum it all made sense.   :o

Offline nicknick

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »

Still comes across as smug and cocky !!!

I don't want to get caught in any cross fire here, but I do agree that moby worded it very badly and my initial reaction was exactly the same as krassavchick's.

However, on the other hand, I can understand the point that - I think - moby is trying to get across.  It might perhaps be better explained by something like:-

I wish I had the luxury of a guaranteed salary every month.  When you run your own business, the only money you get is what's left over after paying all the bills and making sure that your employees have got their salaries paid in full and on time.

Offline kenny2112

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2011, 05:24:40 PM »
None of this is really unique to Ukraine or Russia or any other FSU country. Even here in America, I know girls... close friends, who spent time with guys who had lots of money and the desire to spend it on them. They got cars, vacation, weekends away to the islands etc, but when push came to shove, they had little respect for these guys and wound up leaving them once they found someone that they loved who could provide a decent life AND who showed them genuine care and affection. Some of these guys were married and some weren't.

I don't think that women in any country are stupid and there comes a point where reality sets in and they know that they are not a priority in these guy's lives and that they could easily be replaced. They wanted someone that made them feel something and not a "boy with big toys" and the spoiled brat mentality. Looking for someone with a good heart became more important as they judged men by how faithful they might be as a husband and how affectionate a father they might be.

As far as Moby's comment... I wasn't offended at all. I don't think he meant it as being cocky at all.

Registration