The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Correction to last question asked, Want to marry in UKraine  (Read 1155 times)

Offline NHTowerclimber

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
Correction to last question asked, Want to marry in UKraine
« on: October 01, 2011, 12:31:46 PM »
Hi All,
Sorry, I read my last post over, and I think my question was not very clear. I would like to clearify....My Fiancee and I want to marry in Mariupol, Ukraine in November. I found a list of required documents I must have for this, but have the following questions: Can my fiancee register for our marriage without me being present? I believe it will take several weeks to actually approve the register, and I can only be there for 7 days. So she would like to do this before I am in Ukraine. Also, I must fill out a "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage" form. It says to do this in Kiev, but can I just print it out, and have notorized in my country (US)? I also understand that all my documents must be translated and Apostilled. Any advise, clearification or answers would be GREATLY APPRICIATED!

Thank You!!

Offline Paul

Re: Correction to last question asked, Want to marry in UKraine
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 07:07:33 PM »
NHTowerclimber, have you read this thread http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=13183.0 ?

Offline NHTowerclimber

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 10:10:07 AM »
Thank you Paul. That was a great help.  :)

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 10:43:18 AM »
NHT here is another topic I did some time ago, for a UK Citizen but it should be very similar for you.
Слава Україні

Registration