The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: ForgeMaster Intro  (Read 1979 times)

Offline ForgeMaster

ForgeMaster Intro
« on: April 12, 2007, 10:50:28 PM »
Hi Group,
 Yesterday I was the only one on the list.  The list is growing quickly.
  I am an American man married to a Russian woman for just over a year.  She came here in 2005, got a job, started english classes, got a driver's license, got a green card, and makes a mean borsht.  We have moved twice, changed jobs once, bought a car, wrecked a car (that was me!), and done some travelling in the US.  The first year in another culture is always a struggle and my wife is taking it well.  She has made tremendous progress in a year, but puts herself down all the time for not learning faster.  I honestly don't know how she has learned as fast as she has.  I am a very lucky man.
  We live in Virginia.  My wife is from Barnaul, Siberia.  We have a dog, a cat and 2 horses.  Her background is nursing.  Mine is ironwork, computers, horses, math education and computer networking.  Both of us are crazy and we don't apologize for it. 
  It was bitterly cold in Virginia this winter and we enjoy telling my wife's family that it has even been cold enough some times this winter to freeze the water outside. 

ForgeMaster
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Offline DonA

Re: ForgeMaster Intro
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
Sorry for the late response FM.

Folks Forgemaster is the culprit who became the first now admin member and made the first post. He didn't know it at the time, because I did not tell him, but we really were not ready to launchthe board. WE wanted work all the bugs out, add the features and functions we wanted, run a bunch of tests and check everything 3 or 4 times before we opened the board. However, as I mentioned in Wild Orchids thread, we do not have any regrets, but I am not getting much sleep,neither is the tech guru TEXASMAN.

FM thanks for being such a good friend your friendship means a lot to me :)

Thanks!!!

Don

Registration