The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anastasia employs a convicted and registered sex offender as their tour manager.  (Read 8054 times)

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
  • Trips: 1-5
Shakespear,
As for showing you the specific sections of IMBRA that require employees of foreign introduction agencies to provide their background checks to all the customers they come into contact with...err that's the whole point !

Sias deoesn't have to do that in his position of Anastasia tour manager,which is the whole problem,and calls into question why he is actually in that job,given his past history.

Can you not grasp what i've been saying ?

My original question was how IMBRA would affect his position ,but you've already clarified that it doesn't.

My contention since then is that it doesn't seem right that Anastasia employ him in this position,making him exempt from IMBRA,because of his past,and you have already agreed you probably wouldn't have hired him.

And that's it.

"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
And that's it.

No it's not. . . . .

We're waiting for you to retract your inappropriate comment and apologize to Andrewfi and myself for making it.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
Shakespear,

I will clarify that was not my intended meaning,so you and Brass,and those "others who made the same observation" were wrong.

But that's nothing new.

I will clarify what i meant though,which you may still not like,but too bad.

Andrew stated that he thought Anastasia were right to give the job of tour manager to a convicted sex offender.You then stated that you believed Sias to be innocent until proven guilty,which ,when we are talking about a convicted sex offender is a stupid comment to make i feel.

So,it appeared to me that you and  Andrew were supporting each other in this issue,confirmed subsequently by the other member of the three musketeers jumping in on your behalf...Brass.

When things get sticky for you or Andrew,we can always rely on Brass jumping in can't we,as in the Scam of the Red Roses thread.
I notice he doesn't jump in when you're calling people stupid though.

This forum has become all about you three making demeaning remarks to others.If you're not calling someone stupid,you're making other derogatory remarks about them,such as me now being an "ass"
Another forum member has said he is now  leaving the site,because of the constant negative comments made by certain forum members toward others.

And i don't need to apologise for anything,but you and your cronies certainly do.

Well,i can give it out,as well as receive it,and if you three don't like it...tough.

You  three need to start acting like adults,and not playground bullies.

I await your apology to me.
"I find it hard to believe that Russia would target civilians on purpose " Manny 28/2/22

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
I will clarify that was not my intended meaning, so you and Brass,and those "others who made the same observation" were wrong. 

(:)  I see.  EVERYBODY is wrong but you. 

Andrew stated that he thought Anastasia were right to give the job of tour manager to a convicted sex offender.You then stated that you believed Sias to be innocent until proven guilty,which ,when we are talking about a convicted sex offender is a stupid comment to make i feel. 

That's not at all what you originally said, but thanks for the clarification.

It all boils down to you specifically asking me for my opinion, and after I gave it, you engage in a campaign of insult and name-calling because I wasn't agreeing with your premise.  Then to top it off, you state your indignation when others treat you in the same manner.  Can you said "list bully"?  Very childlike behavior if you ask me.   

You're a foolish little man.  I'll waste no more time with you.  :Stickouttongue3:
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline chelseaboy

• Watched
Yep,there you go.Now i'm a fool.Well,it makes a change from being an ass or stupid i guess.

I need say no more,point proven. (:)

Offline Anteros

Gentlemen,

Much to do about nothing...
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline d672

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
 Is it a full moon tonight???

Almost every thread posted on this site today has turned into a pissing contest!!!!  Why doesn't everyone here shut off their computers... go to bed... wake up tomorrow morning, hug their dog and then come back here!

Hopefully tomorrow there will be a better mood on this site....  :sick0012:

Offline AndyUK

• Spouses Country: England and Trinidad
  • Trips: None Yet
I wonder if 'hugging the dog' is a criminal offence in Florida....

Offline harry_

I wonder, is it likely that Anastasia didn't check him out before employing him? Maybe employers in the US have a common procedure on this stuff - I dunno. The last thing that would cross my mind when hiring some guy to do a job of work would be to delve into what he did 30 years ago (which isn't possible in the UK anyway). I would be more interested in how qualified (in whatever way) he was to do the job I wanted him to do.

Manny, it used to be that way here. A job application would say something to the effect of "in the last 5/7/10 years...." However, there are certain executive positions where it is illegal to employ a felon, period. Ask Martha Stewart :)

It would seem that in the last several years most companies do not have the time caveat, just a simple check box,  which if checked,  gives the application a direct route to the shredder/bin.

Probably, as Chelsea said, in an ideal world, one might choose a less controversial candidate, if one knew the history.

Maybe they feel that they do know the history, so to them they see little controversy.

Halo mentioned a rape charge. I only read "sexual battery" (which as an American term, I had to check Wiki for a definition) It seems to differ to rape though. At least in FL.

I think we need a little perspective here. There are some points that are worth a mention:

From what I understood of the charge, this could have been some dumb guy in his mid twenties who bagged himself a teenage girlfriend. In the UK, a 16 year old boy who has sex with his 15 year old girlfriend is a "rapist" in law. We don't know the circumstances, or the the girl. He may be some heinous sex criminal; he may also be a guy who was once a dumb kid who made a bad judgement once. How old was the "minor"? 5 or 153/4? That would have bearing. What if the girl lied about her age? There is a lot we don't know. There is a lot some posters are assuming.

The legislature(s) in this country seem to enjoy painting with as wide a brush as possible. You would be amazed at the 'crimes' that can get you on the registries depending on the cop, prosecutor and/or judge. A few examples would be:

Taking a leak behind a dumpster/bin. (hardly the same as flashing the school yard).

"mooning". (Although maybe offensive to some, can hardly be considered sexual in nature, and generally laughable)

School kids 'sexting' each other. (For sure to be discouraged, but in a consensual context, should not be criminal. The 21st century equivalent of playing 'you show me yours, i'll show you mine out behind the woodpile. )

Daddy didn't want the shotgun wedding, he just wanted Johnny gone, by whatever means necessary. A couple of years in jail to give his daughter time to <fill in the blank>. 

This guy is in his 50's now? He was 26 at the time of the alleged offence. Thirty years is a long time. I am sure he is a different guy today than what he was 30 years ago. I know I am. I know all of you guys reading this are.

I could not agree with you more, although my magic number is 20 as I am not quite as old as you :)

Would I hire him to do that job if I knew the history? No.

On the surface, I would have to agree. However, we do not know his relationship to the company beforehand. There may have been some sort of relationship prior to the hiring and may be of the opinion that the whole thing is an unfortunate pile of rubbish.

Those who believe in rehabilitation of offenders, giving folks a second chance or other fuzzy leftist stuff might.

I hardly consider myself a leftist, but not believing in rehabilitation makes incarceration a fools errand. Or maybe it would be better said `release from incarceration` would be. What about those were not required to serve ANY jail time because the details of the case did not warrant it?

This is somewhat an aside, but has some relevance. Sex Offender Registries are, in almost every case, perpetually retroactive. So if you were convicted of having sex with your minor girlfriend 30 years ago who is now your wife and mother of your 3 kids, should the registry apply to you? In almost every case it would/does.

The fact that we are having this discussion on a public site, using his full name etc, makes all this Googleable. He will likely read it, as will the people at Anastasia. I would caution posters to frame their thoughts carefully. You are responsible for your own words that you publish.

Registration