The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: KirovoBound  (Read 966 times)

Offline sucker4lush

• Trips: None Yet
KirovoBound
« on: July 29, 2011, 03:25:31 AM »
G'day mates,

I'm about to rent an apartment in Kirovo directly from the owner. Anything special I should know?

Also, I've been lurking around here for a month or so and checked out some threads about vehicular necessity, or lack thereof actually. Does that consensus hold for K-grad? Anyone been there? 

Oh! What is the 3G situation there? I think my apartment has no net...

Offline airmech98

• Spouses Country: none yet
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: KirovoBound
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 08:40:55 PM »
I have been to Kirovograd about 5 times.  Watch your wallet if you deal with the agencies.  You should not need a vehicle.  It would be tough to drive unless you can read Russian / Ukrainian and they do a lousy job of marking street names compared to USA.  If you are going to see a particular lady, she can help you with getting around.  They have minibuses - Marshrutkas - that go everywhere.  These and the trolleybuses are how most of the locals get around.  It is cheaper to call for a taxi than walk up to one.  Especially at the train or bus station.  Buses are 1.50 to 2 grivna per person around town.  Good luck.

Bill

Registration