The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Did you ever wonder what the agencies tell the girls?  (Read 33983 times)

Offline 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Did you ever wonder what the agencies tell the girls?
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:14 AM »
Bill, nice to see they gave you a promotion around here! :) Long time no talk as well. :)

The work sucks but the pay is excellent. The free rides on the company jet is
really cool because of my long legs.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2011, 11:55:22 AM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO

8. Posture

Pose for photos should be above all else nice and natural.

A very good look at the photos in semi profile (face turned slightly away from the camera, somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 degrees), but if you have a
big honking nose (Bill added honking), it is best to shoot directly from the front.

Photo in full length is definitely better to do sitting on a tall stool or from the floor -
but not while standing!

Photographs taken standing up, usually look unnatural - there is no place to put your hands, it is unclear how to put his feet, and so on. To fit in the photo in full length with
legs while sitting, and best of all on the floor.

Successful poses:
sitting on the floor, facing the camera;
sitting on a chair or on the stairs, legs crossed, facing the camera;
sitting, the body sideways to the camera, hugging legs and either facing the camera
or slightly looking away.

See examples here http://www.zamuzh.com/book/photos/example.htm

Some examples of sucessful photos
1. full length swim suit
2. a little belly
3. a little neck
4. sitting or standing but show movement or action
5. mmmmmmm (added by Bill) Legs
6. sitting on the floor (works for Bill too)
7. Portrait
8. Smile with all 32 teeth
9. Semi profile

There are no ugly women only bad photos.

http://www.zamuzh.com/book/photos/example.htm

Please note that 2tallbill is not fluent in Russian and makes mistakes.
This information belongs to Elena's Models and you can see their site
here http://www.zamuzh.com/english/index.htm
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Boris

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2011, 11:55:57 AM »
Hi Mervin

I'm afraid many FSU ladies *I* know wouldn't agree with your opinion... The US was THE most popular place to seek a partner..  why would it's distance not have been a 'concern' then, but it is now ?! ....

Sorry, but to be blunt .. many of the guys writing to FSU ladies and some of the idiots that do get on the plane - expecting to 'conquer all'  and have women falling at their fit 'begging to be flown out of 'poverty'' have a LOT to do with a more jaded viewpoint .

WHO is to blame for that?.. Fellow American nationals who just want these guys green-backs...

Now my response is also over-generalised but it is an all too often quoted 'reason'. :(

Why won't Google translate this??? :chuckle:

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2011, 12:09:30 PM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO

9. Details

The photograph should be you and only you!

Nothing should distract attention away from your face and figure.

avoid: large jewelry, hats, sunglasses, telephone handset at the ear, carrying large items
such as  flowers, toys, dolls, cats, dogs, dumbbells, balls, umbrellas, etc.

Rings on your hands
As you may know, the wedding ring abroad are on the ring finger of the left hand. Any ring on this finger is a wedding ring.

Incidentally, the wedding ring from the West looks different - usually the ring with one large diamond, sometimes it can also be used form of our engagement ring, but the presence of one or more diamonds required. If a man gives you a diamond ring - which means you are married or engaged.)

Men are often shocked asking how it can be that the girl in the profile is already engaged
but it is written that she had never been married, but has a photo shot with a ring on "wedding" finger.

The best - avoid rings altogether, if your most favorite photo you have a ring on the third finger of your left hand, you should avoid using this photo or have the ring photoshopped or chopped away. An engagement ring - in the West this is taken seriously!

As for photos with children. Naturally, your child - it's part of you, and if a man wants to be with you, he should accept both you and your child. Most men love children and are willing to accept and love your child as their own (and not in just words). But for the catalog photo of a child - not the best option.

Every man is seeking a wife . He first must be interested and in love with you.
Photo where you together with your child, it is better to send when your dating
starts to develop.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2011, 01:07:21 PM »

Why won't Google translate this??? :chuckle:

with which part is 'google' having difficulty :) ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2011, 01:25:13 PM »
It's just a fact of life that a lot of women in the FSU want to find a man who is closer to their home country.

I am sure, most would prefer finding a good man inside their home country as well  tiphat My wife, for one, wasn't looking for a Canadian, she wasn't even looking for a foreigner, but she met me and the rest is history  :-X

I think this may have changed over time, perhaps as there was more exposure to "real life" as well as economic situations in different countries, as well as women realizing they do have some choices if they wish to pursue them.  I have had some FSU friends still refer to the US as "the best country," seemingly with Canada a not distant second, but I don't necessarily agree with that viewpoint, and can certainly see advantages to those women preferring to remain in Europe.  Of course, that is their prerogative, one which may or may not work out, just as some men choose their own starting criteria and may adjust over time. 

Overall, I think more factual information becoming available worldwide is a good thing, as it levels the field somewhat when men realize they are not simply "choosing someone," but it is very much a two way street, and women realize not only that the "roads lined with gold" or "money trees" don't generally exist, but also in that many of them do have some choices of their own, and fewer may rush into a hasty decision without knowing more.  This may not bode as well for those seeking to "buy" a relationship, but I suspect overall it will contribute to a higher number of happier marriages. 

Offline mervin

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2011, 08:57:08 PM »
Hi Mervin

I'm afraid many FSU ladies *I* know wouldn't agree with your opinion... The US was THE most popular place to seek a partner..  why would it's distance not have been a 'concern' then, but it is now ?! ....

Sorry, but to be blunt .. many of the guys writing to FSU ladies and some of the idiots that do get on the plane - expecting to 'conquer all'  and have women falling at their fit 'begging to be flown out of 'poverty'' have a LOT to do with a more jaded viewpoint .

WHO is to blame for that?.. Fellow American nationals who just want these guys green-backs...

Now my response is also over-generalised but it is an all too often quoted 'reason'. :(

Don't be afraid 1msmoby, as an American I'm glad the opinions of the girls you know are different.  I was just stating the opinions I get from a handful of the girls I keep in touch with from Ukraine. I wasn't stating it as majority opinion. :).

However, I do tend to think that people in the FSU have a much more negative opinion of the US than they did 10 years ago, so whenever I hear one of my female Russian/Ukrainian friends say something bad about the US, I chalk it up to slanted media coverage. I for one tend to think that it has affected their perspective on American men. However, If you've got facts that state the opposite than I certainly won't argue with your data. I'm just offering an opinion that's based upon what a few of my friends are telling me. Not pawing it off as fact as I said before. :)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
Hi Mervin,

I never suggested you were passing off your opinion as 'fact'.. hence my "I'm afraid many FSU ladies *I* know wouldn't agree with your opinion..."  :)

It's good to discuss a frank exchange of views without a posters feeling the need to discuss my Wife's gynaecological situation or suggesting she might be 'long suffering' for daring to differ from some posters who DO claim to have opinions worth listening to  :chuckle:

Your anti- US slant.... ?   Going by that reasoning- surely  the gals shouldn't like Brits - as they are 'protecting' Beresovsky, and Chechen =http://rt.com/news/asylum-uk-most-wanted/Terrorists via political asylum and we've had the Litvinenko murder saga.

Offline mervin

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »
Well, truth be told, I don't know what my friends think of you Brits. Though somehow I don't think most of them have as strongly negative feelings about the UK as they do about the US.  The main thing I've heard them say about Brits is that they can't understand their English as well because of their accent.   I traveled with a Brit named Andy when I was in Ukraine back in 2007 and whenever he and I were together with a group of girls they'd wait for him to get done speaking and then ask me what he was saying. :ROFL: It was pretty comical.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2011, 12:50:57 AM »
I never understand why cousins from across the pond refer to a British 'accent' ...  As one crosses the British Isles the accent changes every meal stop...A Glasgow / NE England accent are somewhat different than one from (say) London - a person from London might find the former isn't speaking English, either !

It is indeed also true that Russian speakers regard a 'plummy' ( posh) England accent as akin to speaking as if one has a mouth full of spuds ..   :chuckle:

Most FSU folk think one has to speak English as if they have a clothes peg permanently attached to their nose...  ( watched too many Hollywood movies, no doubt) a few visits to the closer side of the pond  corrects this 'impediment'  :)

I wonder where 'poor' Andy was from ?  Was his trip successful ? !

Mervin.. ( although we never 'met' ) it is good to have you 'back' ..  :)

Offline Manny

« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
This section of this topic where Andrew causes offence and/or generally insults people has now been moved to Off Topic & Heated Discussion.

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=13737.0
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

"He wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out. He reckons that's a great idea. The Chinese built a wall centuries ago - there ain't many Mexicans over there." ~ Kevin Bloody Wilson

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »
1. What information to say first in your profile

The first information about yourself is very important. You should focus on what you
have to offer instead of first saying what you want in return.

2. Why do Western men hunt for Russian brides?

Why are we so different, living in more affluent countries that foreigners are willing to spend a lot of money just to marry a Russian girl?

Some of them come to Russia several times in a relentless pursuit to achieve his goal.

The general opinion of western men: Russian women are kinder, more caring, and they are good wives. Women in the West, according to their point of view, are too materialistic, demanding and spoiled. To some extent this is true.

Russian women look better and dress better  (and we did not know!), Seem to be more kind and feminine.

Men in the West do not look the bride as a source of additional income, the most important thing for them  is attractiveness and sexuality.

Only narrow-minded, poorly educated man would look for a  "marriage of convenience",
(Seeking a woman based on her income potential)
The rest are quite capable to provide for their family from their own work salaries.

I can't say that the West does not have beautiful women. There are, and quite a lot. But what distinguishes our women - is the desire to be attractive. Our women are more feminine. In them, the sea is warm and charming.

Western women are nice, smiling and quite friendly, but they are "cold." Growing up in an affluent society, they are too independent and self-sufficient. They are strongly aware of their rights and, above all that they do not have to endure any inconvenience.

The first question they ask themselves if there are any, even the most minor disagreements: "Why do I need this?" They are not accustomed to "compromise principles." The more beautiful the woman is, the more she is confident in her undeniable right to receive the best in life - a handsome, athletic, intelligent and educated man, a high material security and tireless care of herself.

Western woman knows the value of themselves and their attractiveness. In the West, men still care for women and not vice versa!

Men with whom I have spoken (many were previously married), in one voice stated: Russian women - a good wife. They found it difficult to explain the difference between a Russian wife and the wife of the west - both are preparing for a family, maintain order in the house, raise children, care for her husband - but agreed in opinion: the Russian wife - is another life, more happy and relaxed. According to their expression, with his Russian wife marriage "works" - "It works out".

After talking with several dozen men, I came to this conclusion: in the Russian women there is nothing special - except for a different culture .

We are just brought in different conditions that give rise to another way of human relationships. We grew up in a cramped apartment. Family of 4 people, three generations, live well in a small two-room flat, which is cramped by Western standards for a single. Even as a student in school has his own desk instead of sharing it between two students.

Our state of permanent overcrowding creates a healthy "team spirit", when, like it or not, have to take others into account. We grow up in a situation where everything depends on everyone. Russian people and especially women, has an amazing ability to adapt.

In family life, this ability translates into boundless tolerance. Russian woman will not overly notice any small infringement of their interests, where a normal woman from the West would have already slammed the door good bye after a heated quarrel. And it's not spoiled or ill-natured - just a Western woman does not have the psychic mobility, which allows you to exist in this situation without losing her integrity.

This is key, where are the differences in approach to family life. If there is disagreement on any issue Western woman will always act according to their own understanding of her rights of the situation. She will not hesitate to go against the actions of her husband. Even if it is to compromise, she would feel deeply unhappy and not at the moment let her husband forget, any the sacrifices that she made.

For Russian women compromise - it's a lifestyle. Relax and enjoy. Russian women are naturally in the adapting their behavior to be harmonious with her husband. This does not mean that she does not try to influence him. She just does not try to deny . She's always together with her ​​husband.

That's the whole secret. We are no better. We are not good. We are simply more tolerant Our personal rating scale of values ​​has more divisions, and where their western thermometer "boils over" we continue to work successfully. Generally it is a great thing - the ability to accept reality and people as they are.

The other is objectively existing option, which is crucial for foreigners - a place the family in a woman's life. Our woman naturally puts family ahead of career. Western men like this kind of a "commitment to traditional family values."

Marriage agencies receive many letters from women whose career is successful, even by Western standards. These successful and professional women find themselves left out, not having family and children. They are happy to exchange the highest professional position in the status of the western housewife.

To a large extent such a position of Russian women is formed over decades of the Soviet system. For Soviet woman it was almost impossible to reach high positions, men have always been much easier to move up the career ladder. Legislation promoted immersion of women in family life: trying to increase the birthrate, the state granted women lengthy maternity leave, which was not and is not present anywhere else in the world.

Western women see housewives position as the rank somewhere on the level of our janitor. She is able to feel happy, just reaching certain professional peaks. In principle, it is something to fight for - a high professional position provides a high standard of living.

In Russia, even with a relatively high position, the woman does not get good money, that provide freedom and independence. On our Russian salaries - at least what career do, you still do not earn enough money to enable a decent standard of living - their own country house, nice car and the ability to contain it, the opportunity to travel first class and then most importantly, bring in money

Since the Russian woman have many difficulties to realize themselves professionally, she preferred not to "force an open door." It is human nature to seek the pursuit of happiness Honestly, family life potentially brings much more satisfaction and less frustration than a job, it's only in Russia we always put everything on its head.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51:30 PM »
3. How to present yourself in a favorable light

Common to the "brides directory" the qualities that attract men who are tolerant and the particular importance of family in the woman's life. This is what sets us apart from our Western sisters. It is on this that we should focus, in describing ourselves. Of course, men are always men - in the first place, they pay attention to appearance, but the real reason for their attention to the Russian women - their inner beauty.

Russian girls are the clear market leader, "custom-brides": first of all, they are white. Next of considerable quality - most of them have good education, that the West is valued far more than in Russia. (My husband is constantly flaunts the fact that I have a degree of Master of Philosophy - a fact that I was in Russia preferred to keep quiet.)

Having higher education is an honor in itself, regardless of area of ​​expertise. All the foreign men with whom I spoke to certainly recognize that the Russian people are smart and savvy.

On that note, how to describe yourself?

Write down on a sheet of paper the qualities that you think you inherently have. Write  everything, including the negative, such as selfishness, stubbornness, etc. Also list your  interests, hobbies and activities that you particularly like. Do not invent non-existent qualities or interests. Honesty and frankness in describing yourself will help you avoid problems in the future - do not forget, you're going to one day meet your preferred choice. What will you do when he finds out that you are have never been a downhill skier?
while in your letters, wrote that adore skiing? He would decide that everything else you
said in your letters is not credible. If you like hours spend hours just lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling, then say so.

Browse through the list and decide which of the inherent qualities you have fit accordingly with what men love about "Russian brides". Surely there is a dozen or two (if your list has  less than 20 qualities, then you have not tried seriously and you need to go back to a new compilation of your list). Write down the "appropriate" qualities you have on a separate sheet.

Now consider which of your qualities and interests most closely define your personality. This does not necessarily have to be some kind of "relevant" qualities.

Typically, girls describe themselves rather boringly: good, honest, sincere; interests - traveling, reading, music, love to cook, build a comfy home, the love of children and animals. All this, of course, well and good, but it was too alike and too boring, so much to make you want to yawn. In an effort to adjust yourself under the image of "a typical Russian woman, you lose your individuality - you need something that makes you interesting and different from others.

In my experience, the greatest interest in men cause women who are intelligent and intellectually developed, are capable of deep feelings and seek in a marriage of equal partnership rather than subordination. These women in the West, are worth their weight in gold, and competition for their attention to high.

Do not try to seem someone other than you really are. Each person is interesting for what she is. If you want to find a suitable partner for you, rather than merely to someone, be yourself. Describes yourself, and not imaginary "ideal".

Be sure to mention if you have some unusual hobby or play a musical instrument. At the time I wrote in my letter that I like racing cars (race cars). Agency edited these words as "motor racing" (car racing). Many men were intrigued by this phrase, and asked me about this in their letters about my hobby - it was something special.

The general principle of giving information about yourself: What can I give from the fact about me that men are looking for? Your specific personal qualities and interests are designed only to give a "flavor" to your appearance. Think about which of your qualities will be most interesting man of your dreams. You can get some idea of what they are looking man, looking at men's ad in our men's catalog . Use the principle of "like stretches to like - if you possess these qualities that they would like to see in their chosen one, do not forget to put them on your list.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 11:02:24 PM »
WHAT TO SAY ABOUT YOURSELF

4. Finishing Touches

Check the correctness of the translation. Finding a Russian-English dictionary appropriate, in your opinion, the word is not too lazy to look in the Anglo-Russian dictionary, this word is translated into Russian. Sometimes words have different meanings which you do not want to be associated with you.

For example, the word "intercourse" is given in dictionaries as the equivalent of the word "acquaintance", although in modern English it is used to refer to sexual intercourse. Imagine what it would sound "I would like to find a man for intercourse" - and you just wanted to say that you want to find a man for dating ...

The most frequent errors in translation:

Careful - instead of caring (the correct word / phrase is "caring")

Clever - translating smart (the correct word / phrase is "intelligent")

Honor - translating "proud" (the correct word / phrase is "honorable"; also can be used similar to English meaning "confident" - confident, or "faithful" - honest, true)

Cultural - translating culture (literally, this attribute does not translate better to use the phrase "well mannered" or "well educated")

Close people - instead of "close friends" (the correct word / phrase is "people I care about", or better yet - "My family and friends")

Family - Russian expression "to create a family" means "married" in English also means "to have children." Therefore, many men are surprised when 40-year-old woman wrote "I want to create a family" (the correct word / phrase is "I want to get married")

Gay - in our dictionaries this word is given as the equivalent of the word "gay" and in modern English it is exclusively used as a "homosexual" ("gay" is better translated as "fun loving")

Me and My Son - in English taken to put children first and themselves last (the correct order would be "my son and I")

Merry / Marry - women are constantly confuse these words with each other (the first word means fun, but for use in describing himself no good, the correct word / phrase is - "happy" or "fun loving"; second means to marry - to marry)

Handsome - beautiful, speaking about a woman (used only to describe men's physical appearance)

Pretty - pretty, speaking about a man (only used to describe women's appearance, for a man you should say "good looking" or "attractive" or "handsome")

Even if you think you know the translation for a word, do not be lazy check the dictionary.

Another common mistake is to make long sentences with multiple clauses. English sentences should be short. English-language text editor like Word underlines the proposal longer 1,5 - 2 rows of green and demands to make them shorter. Rule of thumb: if you can put either a comma or a period, use the period.

In English, the place of the subject, verb and add-ons are strictly defined: first the subject, then verb, then complement. Even if you write in Russian and intend to use the services of an interpreter, it is desirable to follow this order, otherwise it will be very difficult to adequately translate your letter. Avoid wordy descriptions and colorful idioms. Generally, a good Russian idiom literally becomes a nightmare in English.

If you intend to use the services of an interpreter, give preference to those who passed the practice or lived some time abroad, they have a "sense of language," which there is no substitute.

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2011, 12:13:47 AM »
Bill,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to translate this - you have done a great job.  It is essential reading for guys in the search phase.  Both for the insight it provides into the approach of the ladies and in highlighting the need for the guys to be similarly prepared!

Manny,

This thread has the makings of a sticky, perhaps you will consider making it so.

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »

Agree with Leslie. 

With a major exception of one thing, minor exception of a second thing, I think a pretty accurate post.

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »

Agree with Leslie. 

With a major exception of one thing, minor exception of a second thing, I think a pretty accurate post.

Thanks for the compliment Jack,

I missed more than one thing for sure, and I guessed at more than a few,
I definitely cut out and omitted some stuff/garbage as well. If I missed or cut out
something major especially if you deem it beneficial or if I turned something
completely around, feel free to correct it.

Udachi

Bill

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2011, 01:13:28 PM »
Bill,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to translate this - you have done a great job.  It is essential reading for guys in the search phase.  Both for the insight it provides into the approach of the ladies and in highlighting the need for the guys to be similarly prepared!

Manny,

This thread has the makings of a sticky, perhaps you will consider making it so.

Leslied I appreciate the kind words,

Bill

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 08:31:11 AM »
Bill, what you have started out with in your post,......."The first information about yourself is very important.".......  is so true. The information you post, as well the quality of your photo, are very important factors in getting that all important first meeting.

First the minor thing that I somewhat disagree with.

You write,....."decide which of the inherent qualities you have fit accordingly with what men love about "Russian brides". Surely there is a dozen or two (if your list has  less than 20 qualities, then you have not tried seriously and you need to go back to a new compilation of your list)."........

Your suggesting that if each man has not listed 20 qualities about himself to go back, that he needs to find more qualities about himself.  I think sometimes to much information is not so good.  I would rather a guy pick seven or eight of his top qualities, qualities that most Russian/Ukraine women would find of value in their future husband.   But to have to list 20 such qualities in my profile, or letter, seems a bit to much.   Again this was more of a minor difference.

Now my major difference of opinion.

When men are writing many ladies, either by a letter, email or profile, most men have one chance, one opportunity, to sell themselves. Each man's main goal is that all important first meeting. When we write that first letter, email or profile we are hoping that we have created enough interest with that woman that she will agree to that all important first meeting.   

With this suggestion,  ......

"Write  everything, including the negative, such as selfishness, stubbornness, etc."  .....  "If you like hours spend hours just lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling, then say so."  .....   

I know I would never do such and would never recommend a client to do.

First objective, get those all important first meetings. Sell yourself.  Don't lie, but don't write you are a selfish man.  If you are a selfish man, if you are a cheap man, do not mention such in your first letter.  To tell any Russian women in your first letter or profile, that you are a selfish man, that you like to stare hours upon hours at the ceiling,  I suspect this man will get very few first meetings.

Now, once a man has accomplished that goal of getting a first meeting with a special woman, now that she has had a chance to meet him face to face and he to meet her face to face, now, if the man feels this woman has real potential, now this man can discuss some of the negative aspects of his personality.  If the woman has a real interest in a man after meeting him she is probably more inclined to now accept some negative aspects about him.  But to read of any major negatives/issues of an unknown man in his first letter or profile most serious Russian/Ukraine women are not going to be inclined to even meet the man.   

Offline 2tallbill

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 02:05:02 PM »
Your suggesting that if each man has not listed 20 qualities about himself to go back, that he needs to find more qualities about himself.  I think sometimes to much information is not so good.  I would rather a guy pick seven or eight of his top qualities, qualities that most Russian/Ukraine women would find of value in their future husband.   But to have to list 20 such qualities in my profile, or letter, seems a bit to much.   Again this was more of a minor difference.

Jack I totally agree with what you are saying. However, what this thread is about what Elena at Elena's models advises her girls who join her site.

Elena gives her advice in Russian and this thread is my translation of her advice. I thought you were saying that I got the translation wrong (which I am sure I did occasionally) 

I thought it would be interesting to read what was being told to the girls in the way of advice (and maybe find a little propaganda thrown in from time to time).

To read the original Russian version see it here http://www.zamuzh.com/

Offline mervin

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »

Mervin.. ( although we never 'met' ) it is good to have you 'back' ..  :)

Thank you 1msmoby.  :) It's been very nice making your acquaintance as well.

Offline ChrisE

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2011, 12:13:57 AM »
 Hello, and thanks for all this information on the topic. I had already read most of this on EM months ago when I first found the site. When I saw the topic posted, I felt my heart skip a beat-I thought this is where I might actually find some real answers! But unfortunately it wasn't what I thought it would be.
  My biggest question after my trip to Ukraine is what the agencies tell the girls that make them so afraid? When I was there and not having any luck meeting the ladies I had arranged to meet, I tried to set up some time with others from the cities I happened to be in. But even the ones I had been communicating with for months, and had been very close to online, all declined without having the agency involved. One lady actually said she was scared, and it was against the agency rules. She is the one who stood me up in Simferopol, as I described in my introductory post. The second time she promised to meet me, she said she had to "prepare herself" for the meeting, although she was terrified. (her words) This sounds to me like there is something very bad going on with these ladies, and I have a feeling like they have been threatened somehow, or told a lot of evil stories to scare the crap out of them about some foreigners. Of course, they would all have loved to meet me if I pay the agency $75 to set up a meeting, and another $15 an hour for a translator/escort, even if the lady did speak fluent English. Ever hear the expression "Something's rotten in Denmark"? I think they must have meant Ukraine, if not all FSU countries. I can only say that I know of one exception for tha ladies, but she is planning on coming to the US to meet-far away from any agency to oversee.
  Has anyone else had any experience with this, or know what the real story is? I would be really grateful to know what is going on behind agency doors!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2011, 04:26:21 AM »
Chris, obviously I can not speak for this particular agency, you must make up your own mind about that.

BUT, there is no shortage of scare stories in Russian and Ukrainian media about women meeting foreign strangers - and foreign and a stranger is EXACTLY what you were!

If you read this forum and others like it where men tell their tales you will quickly come to understand that there is no shortage of men who are, shall we say politely, socially challenged. Some of these people while claiming to be 'normal' I would not want any female friend of mine to ever meet on her own.

From the perspective of the women the story is something like this:
They join an agency to meet foreign blokes. They can do so using free options but they choose an agency because they perceive it as being safer and more convenient. When they meet a bloke who seems OK but then wants to separate her from the agency before they meet, what is a girl to think? Unless she is spectacularly dim she is going to see this as a risky option for her - and she is right!

The woman is not thinking of your cost, after all, she knows that you chose to pay the price in the first place. All she sees is that you want to get her on her own and away from what she sees as the protection of the agency.

Of course, agencies are aware of this and I am certain that some will take advantage of this. Also, I am sure that some agencies make a contractual agreement with the girls to use their services - in fact, as you probably did too. ;) The thing is that the girls have more to gain from abiding by the contract than you do and so are much less likely to want to break any deal that they entered into honestly.

But, HEY! You got on a plane, you are ahead of the game!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Boris

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2011, 06:16:13 AM »
Chris, obviously I can not speak for this particular agency, you must make up your own mind about that.

BUT, there is no shortage of scare stories in Russian and Ukrainian media about women meeting foreign strangers - and foreign and a stranger is EXACTLY what you were!

If you read this forum and others like it where men tell their tales you will quickly come to understand that there is no shortage of men who are, shall we say politely, socially challenged. Some of these people while claiming to be 'normal' I would not want any female friend of mine to ever meet on her own.

From the perspective of the women the story is something like this:
They join an agency to meet foreign blokes. They can do so using free options but they choose an agency because they perceive it as being safer and more convenient. When they meet a bloke who seems OK but then wants to separate her from the agency before they meet, what is a girl to think? Unless she is spectacularly dim she is going to see this as a risky option for her - and she is right!

The woman is not thinking of your cost, after all, she knows that you chose to pay the price in the first place. All she sees is that you want to get her on her own and away from what she sees as the protection of the agency.

Of course, agencies are aware of this and I am certain that some will take advantage of this. Also, I am sure that some agencies make a contractual agreement with the girls to use their services - in fact, as you probably did too. ;) The thing is that the girls have more to gain from abiding by the contract than you do and so are much less likely to want to break any deal that they entered into honestly.

But, HEY! You got on a plane, you are ahead of the game!

In my experience the girls were more than happy to separate themselves from the agency and proceed "dating" in a normal fashion. A first meeting, as Andrew points out, through the agency is prudent to make sure that your not a quack but after that an insistence on using the agency terp, driver, etc. would be a deep yellow flag for me. But, again, it's your money...

Offline ChrisE

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2011, 10:29:22 AM »
 In the case of the woman I was to meet is Simferopol, it was her idea to leave the agency out of it for out meeting. She (as well as every other lady I have told this to) did not have any clue as to how expensive it was to go through the agency. She was dumbfounded when I told her how much it cost to use the site to chat, email, or send gifts. I believe one thing they are told is to encourage their men to use all the online "extras", maybe telling them it will aid their chances in making the match. But of course on Anastasia, all these extras are obcenely expensive and eat credits faster than a slot machine at a native american casino. Then there are the "gifts" that are needed to make personal contact. Just to buy a few roses and have them delivered, with their delivery fee added in of course, can easily top out over $300. I did this only once (I know, crazy) and got the picture of the delivery-so I saw what the lady got. Since I was over there, I now know the quality of roses that were sent were the cheapest crap available, and also know what top quality long stem roses cost, plus delivery. For the price I paid, I could have had a small truckload of them delivered!
  So I think the ladies are "trained" to make money for the site, and yes, probably have the scare stories reinforced in them. I am very sorry for the fact they sometimes have to experience men who are so "challenged", as it makes things much worse for everyone else. As the rule, I know bad news and scare stories will travel many times faster than a good one-and I have heard many times of the "Russian woman's grapevine" to spread news and gossip.

Registration