The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Did you ever wonder what the agencies tell the girls?  (Read 45677 times)

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
Re: Did you ever wonder what the agencies tell the girls?
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 09:02:55 AM »
While I have no experience with the site/agency and it's pay per letter based, here's a fairly extensive list of articles and "advice" for both men and women; some of it reasonably good if you want to poke through it.
http://www.chanceforlove.com/archives/content/full/43

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 11:54:37 AM »
While I have no experience with the site/agency and it's pay per letter based, here's a fairly extensive list of articles and "advice" for both men and women; some of it reasonably good if you want to poke through it.

Do you know how to access the Russian language part of the
agency?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »
Bill, the bit about sizes is as follows:
NOTE I Haven't figured this out
Figure (difference: increase is minus weight minus 100)   
11 are more (25)   
6-10            (15)   
0-5               (0)   
-5… 0           (- 15)
-6 it is more  (- 30)   

Height in centimeters-weight in kilos-100 = 'figure'
So, we can see that the greater the ratio between height and weight the more 'attractive' a woman is perceived. For many people, particularly Americans this is obviously true. In the US we can see that slenderness is, in and of itself, a standard of attractiveness. One can have a face like a bag of spanners but if not fat then one will be seen as attractive for no other reason than the lack of avoirdupois.

So, to take a real world example, ex girlfriend:
(171-57)-100= 14
giving an index figure of 14 and a points value of 25

Average American woman

(163-75)-100= -12
giving an index figure of -12 and a points value of -30

Average Russian woman

(168-69)-100= -1
giving an index figure of -1 and a points value of -15

In truth though, not such a huge difference between the two groups as 'averages'. USAians have that outrider of huger obese people that shifts things along a tad. ;)

Hope that helps.

PS thanks Bill.
I doubt that there is anything in there that a sensible bloke would not suggest to a friend seeking a foreign husband, or on a domestic dating site but there are things that, if they knew, I am sure some posters here might object to.

Andrew thank you for the help clearing up the figure matrix

There are a few politically incorrect things recommended by
Elena that would put the feminists panties in a a wad for sure,
however if the goal is to reel in a man then the advice is fairly
good.

Thanks again,

Bill 

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 12:08:45 PM »
Bill, while I am sure that some women and WIGs would find stuff to object about I confess I was more thinking of some of the men here.  :ROFL:
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »

Do you know how to access the Russian language part of the
agency?

Sorry Bill, I don't.  Zero experience with them; I had found and bookmarked the link as something of general interest when i first found it, then looked at the 'agency side' of it and quickly discounted it as a site that I wanted to use.  I believe they are owned by 'global ladies,' and i believe both have had their fair share of negatives reported through various mechanisms.  YMMV, but I found at least some of the articles interesting, if not rocket science for the most part.  ???

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
Bill, while I am sure that some women and WIGs would find stuff to object about I confess I was more thinking of some of the men here.  :ROFL:

A few of the pedestal preservation crowd might suffer a bout of
the flux  :laugh:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »

Is the flux similar to the vapours?

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 03:30:07 PM »

Is the flux similar to the vapours?

Yes very similar, break out the leaches !

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 10:17:38 AM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO

Appearance as a whole

The key word to describe your appearance for the shoot - natural . You have to look relaxed and unstressed.

Your photo should give the impression of openness, spirituality and sexuality, availability, and at the same time, confidence and self-esteem. In general, the girl who gets the most letters is the girl whose eyes look like a magazine centerfold- a bit mysterious and alluring.
( Examples here http://www.zamuzh.com/book/photos/example.htm)

A very beautiful girl, looking arrogant, gets only a few letters. You should look welcoming and friendly - and available . You want to appear approachable to a man who might come up to you not worry that you might bite.

[emoticons added by Bill]
 :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o
Virtually all men who come to marriage agencies, are experiencing some difficulty in communicating with the opposite sex (this does not mean he has mental defects, just that these men are more shy).

If a girl looks unapproachable or stuck up, they may not even try to contact her.

Practice at home before a mirror (I'm serious!).  Slightly parted lips give the necessary appearance sexuality .
[insert it certainly works for 2tallbill]

Also a good post gets the girl with dazzling smiles in 32 teeth. " If you are not a photo model a dazzling smile make him more attracted to you. Even a quite ordinary girl with an open smile and high-quality make-up can compete with the photo models for a man.

Some women try to claim that "their smile is not attractive"
IT IS NOT TRUE! A smile comes to anyone, but it must be sincere and not tortured. Think of something cute and funny, think about someone who you love - a baby, your mom, or at least about the last party with friends. If you can not "dazzling" smile, try half-smile ("Mona Lisa Smile"), but don't force it, you can make a pleasant smile, practice.

Relax, the photographer is not your next meal. It would be better if you tell him about the purpose of shooting. Maybe you'll feel a little embarrassed talking about it - but it is true, and you want the photographer to understand what you want. Knowing the purpose of the shooting, it will be easier to choose the right moment, when you look best.

Remember - looking at the photo, a man tries to guess your character and personality. If you look friendly and fun in the photo, he decides that in life you are fun and friendly. If you look hard and distant (like most of us at the sight of the camera!) - He decides that you a pessimist or a worrier.

And you have to look young, or at least youthful. Men go crazy for 40-year old woman with her hair below the shoulders, while a young girl with a high hairdo does not excite much interest in them.

Absolutely, regardless of your actual physical age - try to look younger .

Absolutely necessary sex appeal : bare arms and shoulders, chest, legs. I've seen photos of women who were not beauties, but that they had received dozens of letters - just because they looked very sexy.

Importance of sexual attraction photos, I realized when one of the clients on the program of individual search sent us a list of sites with photos of women he found very beautiful. He was very educated, rich and a very intelligent man, and I did not even think that he has been viewing the photos of female models on the Internet. His list had about 100 addresses! Most of the photos were amazingly sexy.

Whether we like it or not, men are very simple and ask themselves: "would I like to have sex with that woman?" If the answer is
"Yes" , then the woman is attractive, if the answer is "No , then
she is not attractive. The decision is not made in the thinking part of his brain, it is made from the part where men used to dwell in caves. 

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FROM THE SITE ELENA'S MODELS AND THIS CONTENT BELONGS TO THAT SITE.

Visit Elenas Models for complete information and a highly recommended site to meet the girl of your dreams.

http://www.elenasmodels.com/

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:30 AM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO

Makeup

Even if you do not normally use makeup, use makeup for the shoot. In any of the women's magazines you'll find a bunch of tips on the rules applying makeup, so I will focus only on the specific photo for a marriage directory.

To get a good photo of cosmetics should be used, but in the photo you want to look as though no make up is used at all. This is called "the natural look",  using make-up in pale and pastel shades.

Even if you have a perfect complexion, apply foundation, otherwise the picture will look like your skin is covered with reddish spots. Apply a layer of powder to avoid excessive light, do not go too far, the view should be natural, not like a porcelain doll.

The latest trend in fashion makeup - foundation to "shine", giving the light shine skin, which is used up to the neck

Use a shade of brown or gray tones, refrain from bright blue, purple or pink. Smudge eyeliner (thick black lines around the eyes)

Although the eye to increase the color be sure - professionals do eyeliner pencil in eye color (dark gray or brown) and then shade with shades of a slightly lighter shade.

Mascaras can and must be used, it will give you the look and expressive depth. Do not use colored ink - blue or green, plain black or dark brown is just right.

Eyebrows to shoot to put in order. They should not be too thick or thin, and better do it in a beauty salon, this procedure is expensive. Move them a little bit, you can use for this is not a pencil, and shadows of the right color.

A bit of blush apricot or brown tint, imposed on the cheekbones, the face will give the necessary relief - if your face is round, then blush imposed under cheekbones.

Be sure you use a pencil to outline lips. Full lips do not require a reduction - in the West stars spend thousands of dollars for the operations to have full lips. Full lips look more sexy.

Recently, in one of the fashion magazines I read an opinion that is too full lips does not happen! Too thin lips can be corrected with pencil and lipstick.

Use lipstick red, brown or dark-pink hue. Do not use the purple and crimson hues, and bright lipstick with mother of pearl. Dark lipstick ages.

Consult a beautician for your photo shoot.

The qualitative makeup it will take 1-2 hours. Take advantage of the make-up, if you can afford it. (I am myself a few times was to shoot for magazines and television, and makeup artists to work - just some kind of miracle in my life had such huge eyes! "When asked how this they do, the answer was "Working with Color." At the same time, when looking at the photo does not appear overly made up.

So if you can not afford the services of a qualified makeup artist, is guided by photographs on the cover of women's magazines such as "Cosmopolitan" - all-girl models, tons of makeup, but you would not say, right?

In general, it would be nice to experiment with makeup before the meet for filming. Of course, you basically know what you are going and what not - try out different makeup options proposed in the fashion magazine and see that you like.

Importantly - make-up in any case should not age. 's eyes - to increase as much as possible, lips - sexy and plump skin - smooth and healthy color: this is what we should strive.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO

5. Hairstyle

Like the makeup, hairstyle requires a lot of attention, but it should not cause the feeling that you spent half a day in a salon.

Hair must be clean and shiny. If you dye your hair, do it just before the shooting, the roots need to be the same color as your hair. Avoid unnatural or day glow colors, such as platinum or bright red.

If you have long hair, leave it down and loose. Straight hair is now in vogue. Short hair should be neatly trimmed and styled.

NO PONY TAILS !

If you have short hair and perming, hair should not "stand straight up." Smooth your hair with gel or mousse. Generally, men do not like short hair. They definitely prefer long. So if your hair is shorter than shoulder length, it makes sense to try to disguise it. Silk scarf on his head (no hat or cap!)

Hairstyles from short hair with a perm will not bring you a man. It is a symbol of "middle age", as most men in the new marriage dream of a new life and a second youth. On the contrary - a scarf on my head gives shade "mystery." Generally, if you're serious about finding a husband - GROW YOUR HAIR LONG.

Bring a comb, curling gear and hairspray to the photo shoot - just in case.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 09:57:53 PM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO

6. Clothing

Clothes for filming should be simple, feminine and stylish.

The absolute leader in the fight for male attention - a bathing suit . These pictures look sexy and at the same time quite decent. If you have the figure for it, be sure to make a picture in a bathing suit! The agency rarely get such photos, and increased attention from men is guaranteed.

If you're worried about the problem areas (cellulite on the thighs, etc.), cover them with a  sarong - the West, most women on the beaches enjoy sarong. A sarong can be any suitable color beautiful scarf, tying it at the waist - Fold scarf in half, if you want to make a "skirt"  smaller. Another option - the top of a bathing suit and shorts.Naturally, you'll need, and photos of yourself in clothes.

An "evening" dress with bare shoulders (very exciting for a man), dresses , knee-shirts (show your belly button) in conjunction with shorts or a mini-skirt.

If you need to hide figure flaws, use dark tones, but still leave open arms, shoulders and legs.

Do not make the photos in underwear, dressing gowns, negligees and so on - it looks vulgar. Avoid, bows and frills on blouses - this is too old-fashioned, simple T-shirt, tight across the chest and opens his arms and shoulders will look better.

Expensive fashionable clothes won't attract a man. Men are indifferent to designer labels - it is important that in the photo they could see your face and figure .

Avoid turtlenecks, sweaters, jogging suits, jackets and coats. Coat of natural long-haired fur can give your appearance an exotic, but if there is no need to hide figure flaws, it is not a winning option.

Seek to emphasize the advantages of your figure and hide any flaws . Select clothes that in which you can feel natural.

Color: preferably the main range - white, red, black, blue, pink. Definitely avoid the day glow fluorescent shades of yellow, orange or green.

You probably know what colors show accentuate you. Try to pick colors that match the color of your eyes: blue-eyed girl in the blue dress would look like the photo better than the brown. Shoes are best in white or red - it gives your appearance elegance and style. Pantyhose is best to choose beige, the color of the skin - in the photo, they look much more enticing than black.

Take a variety of shots - Simple, like jeans and t-shirts, and elegant, like an evening dress. This is very useful - to have images in different clothes, most men say: "I am looking for a woman who is equally comfortable feels like wearing jeans in the day, and in evening dress to the opera."

Minimum recommendation of attire for the shoot:

Swimsuit (bikini if you have a good figure, one piece otherwise);
A dress (evening or easier) and shoes / sandals heels;
T-shirt and shorts or a mini-skirt (long skirt with a slit )
Do not forget that you need pictures, not only for the agency, but also to send the men that you write - and they must be different!

In addition to the professional photos, be nice to do some amateur - men are often asked to submit amateur pictures where you look "natural." Of course, for the amateur photo you have to prepare as well as for the professional " (makeup, hair, clothes and so on). The difference - amateur pics you do on the street or at home.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 10:03:31 PM »
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD PHOTO
7. Shoes

High-heel sandals, shoes or boots are preferred. Avoid high platforms

In-general, in terms of shoes, the classic "look" - is the win-win situation.

[Note this section is short in part because I had no idea of the specific terms
and phrases that were used so rather than get it totally wrong I shortened it.]

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »
Virtually all men who come to marriage agencies, are experiencing some difficulty in communicating with the opposite sex[/size] (this does not mean he has mental defects, just that these men are more shy).

THAT old chestnut AGAIN ?! ;)

Whether we like it or not, men are very simple and ask themselves: "would I like to have sex with that woman?" If the answer is
she is not attractive. The decision is not made in the thinking part of his brain, it is made from the part where men used to dwell in caves. 

Beel, I'm so glad you've found and posted this...

:ROFL:

So why did this footnote need to stay ?

Visit Elenas Models for complete information and a highly recommended site to meet the girl of your dreams. [/size]
http://www.elenasmodels_funny_advice.com/
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »

Beel, I'm so glad you've found and posted this...

:ROFL:

So why did this footnote need to stay ?

Visit Elenas Models for complete information and a highly recommended site to meet the girl of your dreams. [/size]
http://www.elenasmodels.com/

Moby, you might have busted me, I paraphrased the caveman part.
She said something like the primitive non thinking part of a mans
mind and I just shortened / spiced it up to the cave dweller part.

One thing about Elena, she isn't shy about her opinions and I am
not so sure that she isn't correct in looking at men as the somewhat
simple beasts that we are  ;D

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2011, 03:31:36 PM »
Bill, I am sure that you are right.
Problem is that some of we 'simple beasts' really do not like to be told this.

Of course, the document that you are sharing was designed for a different gender of simple beast and thus is unlikely to sit well with simple beasts of a different gender.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »
It gave 'simple beasts' of both genders a good laugh .. if only our throats weren't so sore..

May be andrewfi can 'identify' with it better

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2011, 03:40:53 AM »
It gave 'simple beasts' of both genders a good laugh .. if only our throats weren't so sore..

You are doing the bull dog thing again,

No worries, I am going to be busy tomorrow but will try to translate more
soon,

Udachi

Bill

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 03:46:36 AM »
Bill, I am sure that you are right.
Problem is that some of we 'simple beasts' really do not like to be told this.

Of course, the document that you are sharing was designed for a different gender of simple beast and thus is unlikely to sit well with simple beasts of a different gender.

I doubt that Elena thought that many men would read what she wrote. Myself, I don't
worry very much about such things. There is a bit of blowing sunshine up the skirts on
both sides of the agencies, I thought that it might prove interesting to hear what the
girls are told.

Udachi

Bill

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »
It gave 'simple beasts' of both genders a good laugh .. 

You are doing the bull dog thing again,

No.. I'm simply responding to andrewfi's 'witty justification and explanations'...   :coffeeread:

Looking forward to the next instalment  :popcorn:

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »
Looking forward to the next instalment  :popcorn:

Closno

Offline mervin

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2011, 04:26:14 AM »
Bill, nice to see they gave you a promotion around here! :) Long time no talk as well. :)

As usual, I didn't read all the replies in the thread, but I've got a few quick opinions to offer. First, I keep in touch with a handful of agency girls I've met in past trips to Ukraine on facebook.  One of them in particular worked for an AFA and Anastasia agency in Poltava and she recently married a man from Copenhagen.  She and I talk a few times per week, so now that you started this thread I'm going to quiz her about this topic and see what she says.

I can however, tell you one reoccurring theme hear from several of female Ukrainian friends - which is the fact that they almost all prefer European men to American's.  However, the main reason for this has to do with location, not a bad opinion of American men. It's just a fact of life that a lot of women in the FSU want to find a man who is closer to their home country.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 04:40:27 AM »
Hi Mervin

I'm afraid many FSU ladies *I* know wouldn't agree with your opinion... The US was THE most popular place to seek a partner..  why would it's distance not have been a 'concern' then, but it is now ?! ....

Sorry, but to be blunt .. many of the guys writing to FSU ladies and some of the idiots that do get on the plane - expecting to 'conquer all'  and have women falling at their fit 'begging to be flown out of 'poverty'' have a LOT to do with a more jaded viewpoint .

WHO is to blame for that?.. Fellow American nationals who just want these guys green-backs...

Now my response is also over-generalised but it is an all too often quoted 'reason'. :(

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2011, 09:05:36 AM »
It's just a fact of life that a lot of women in the FSU want to find a man who is closer to their home country.

I am sure, most would prefer finding a good man inside their home country as well  tiphat My wife, for one, wasn't looking for a Canadian, she wasn't even looking for a foreigner, but she met me and the rest is history  :-X
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2011, 11:11:24 AM »
many of the guys writing to FSU ladies and some of the idiots that do get on the plane - expecting to 'conquer all'  and have women falling at their fit FEET

I wish we could edit our spelling howlers for up to 24 hours !

Registration