The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Are you Mr 5%? (Please choose two answers if a man)

Did you contact women from the FSU and then go on to visit one, and eventually marry her?
35 (21.9%)
Have you contacted women from the FSU but NOT yet visited any there?
14 (8.8%)
Have you contacted women from the FSU, visited there, but not yet married?
53 (33.1%)
I am married to a woman from the FSU!
30 (18.8%)
I am NOT married to a woman from the FSU.
24 (15%)
Other: Examples might include being female, being an FSU resident, etc.
4 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 108

Author Topic: Only 5% of men who contact women in Russia/Ukraine ever get on a plane?  (Read 27011 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Only 5% of men who contact women in Russia/Ukraine ever get on a plane?
« Reply #200 on: April 23, 2022, 06:09:28 PM »
I think 5% is a rather high number myself.  It seems like it would be lower.   I'd venture a guess that there is a large number of men writing so even if the number is 5% or less, it would still constitute a pretty big number. 

The first time I travelled to South America there was no writing to ladies involved.   When I went to Ukraine, I wrote a few notes months ahead of time and somewhere along the way lost interest and felt like I was getting scammed.  I recall getting on the horn with a woman in Ukraine and paying translation fees and thinking 'this is stupid'.  This was back in 2004 or so, and I think I paid around $75 dollars or so.    I can see how a certain % of men get turned off by thinking they are getting scammed even before they get on a plan, hence they never go.   Reality is there are attractive available women, and it isn't a scam, of course that depends on the individuals as always.   

Jonas!

There are married men, guys who live in their mothers basement.
Men who are 200lbs overweight, men who shower once a month
(but only if really they need it) and men without passports writing
these ladies. So a normal guy with honorable intentions tend to
stand out.

FSUW are pragmatic. Would they prefer to receive letters from an
absolute poetic keyboard Romeo or would they rather Joe Sixpack
show up at her door? They can fix Joe sixpacks cowlick and clothing
choices but they can't get a Couch Coward on a plane.

I too think 5% is on the high side. Men see my wife and ask how do
they get a girlfriend like her? I tell them you can't get a girlfriend like
her, you have to win her, woo her and marry her or girls like her will
dump you and move on.

Then I ask them when can they soonest travel to Eastern Europe and
that's  when they realize they will have to settle for Lumpy Lucy,
Betty Bipolar or Vicky the Violent Fem.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Jonas!

• Spouses Country: Colombia
Re: Only 5% of men who contact women in Russia/Ukraine ever get on a plane?
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2022, 08:29:25 AM »
I think 5% is a rather high number myself.  It seems like it would be lower.   I'd venture a guess that there is a large number of men writing so even if the number is 5% or less, it would still constitute a pretty big number. 

The first time I travelled to South America there was no writing to ladies involved.   When I went to Ukraine, I wrote a few notes months ahead of time and somewhere along the way lost interest and felt like I was getting scammed.  I recall getting on the horn with a woman in Ukraine and paying translation fees and thinking 'this is stupid'.  This was back in 2004 or so, and I think I paid around $75 dollars or so.    I can see how a certain % of men get turned off by thinking they are getting scammed even before they get on a plan, hence they never go.   Reality is there are attractive available women, and it isn't a scam, of course that depends on the individuals as always.   

Jonas!

I too think 5% is on the high side. Men see my wife and ask how do
they get a girlfriend like her? I tell them you can't get a girlfriend like
her, you have to win her, woo her and marry her or girls like her will
dump you and move on.

Then I ask them when can they soonest travel to Eastern Europe and
that's  when they realize they will have to settle for Lumpy Lucy,
Betty Bipolar or Vicky the Violent Fem.

I had a large group of friends through the years.  Many of them still single, not a one of them has had the wherewithal to get on the plane and find a beautiful younger woman, although it seems all of them would like to have had that.  Instead I hear stories of 50 year old obese women, and other unsatisfactory situations.    Really the only thing I've had on others is the wiliness to roll the dice.   
I'm soon going to sell off my business, and a couple of my old buddies have stated they would like to visit me if I set up shop in Colombia.  I think once my buddies (Now in their mid 50's) see what they have missed, they will be shocked at the stark difference in what can be attained once you cross the border. 

All in all, it is fear that stops most people.  The age old fear of the unknown. 

Jonas! 

Offline mitspilot

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2022, 11:37:11 AM »
I agree with Bill, this forum is no longer about on RU Adventures.

I've been a lurker here for many, many years and have read most of the trip threads. I'm sad that there are very few of those stories happening now, but I understand why.

I think the reason is mainly due to the evolution of the activity and the world. Up until 2 months ago, things were pretty good in Russia and Ukraine. Women in those countries had become more independent and more choosy. I suspect that fewer women wanted to immigrate because conditions in their countries had improved so much.

But even with the status quo prior to Russia invading Ukraine, I'm surprised that only 5% acted on their desires to win the heart of a FSUW. I used to be a member of the 95%, but no longer. I've been dating a girl from Moscow since July of last year.

I leave tomorrow for 2 weeks in Dubai with her.

Obviously, it is much much harder now to start and build a relationship with a FSUW because of the sanctions. My girlfriend paid her way and paid some of the expenses (food, etc.) when we met in Greece and the Dominican Republic, last year. She couldn't pay for her ticket to Dubai because none of her payment methods worked. Somehow she was able to convert some rubles to dollars and will be paying for some things in Dubai.

We had planned to try to get a US tourist visa for her to visit me, but the chances of that happening are quite slim right now, if not impossible.

But even with all the obstacles, a guy in the US or Europe can meet and develop a relationship with a FSUW. And because of the obstacles, those men who do act on their interest in a FSUW will have more and better choices because he has less competition.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2022, 12:17:46 PM »
Obviously, it is much much harder now to start and build a relationship with a FSUW because of the sanctions. My girlfriend paid her way and paid some of the expenses (food, etc.) when we met in Greece and the Dominican Republic, last year. She couldn't pay for her ticket to Dubai because none of her payment methods worked. Somehow she was able to convert some rubles to dollars and will be paying for some things in Dubai.

While an American can't use Expedia, Orbitz or any Western based travel site to buy a ticket to or from Russia, an American can go to an airline company that is still flying to and from Russia such as Turkish airlines and buy tickets directly from them. I'll assume your girlfriend can pay in rubles since Turkey and Turkish airlines refuses to join their Western allies in punishing Russia.

We had planned to try to get a US tourist visa for her to visit me, but the chances of that happening are quite slim right now, if not impossible.

I just met a Russian elderly couple visiting their daughter in America. The elderly lady was a doctor which probably increased her chance to get a tourist visa. They did their interview at an American consulate in Israel. But to do so they would need 4 shots of the Sputnik vaccine or 2 shots of the Pfizer to enter Israel. They opted for the 2 shots. I recommend not to take any experimental vaccine.
Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776. If you want to stop the war in Ukraine, fix elections, stop medical tyranny and forced vaccinations, lower inflation and make America and the world a better place, get Trump back into power. The Democrats and Republicans have shown they can't do the job. They are good at robbing us and getting people killed in non stop wars.

Registration