General Discussion > Media Room

Question from the Television Drop Dead Diva

<< < (4/4)

2tallbill:

--- Quote from: skiingandrunning on December 22, 2010, 03:25:20 PM ---Bill, Actually what Jon will think is that most men in this pursuit can't count to 3...I hope you don't mind the joke as I'm one of the worst offenders when it comes to thinking one thing and typing another.
:chuckle: :laugh:

--- End quote ---

I can count to three but I have to look at my fingers which I
tend not to do while using the keyboard. (for bigger numbers
I take off my shoes)

Of course I don't mind the joke.

Bill

ECR844:
It may be hard to believe but more than likely 'jon the researcher' went to college. The results of his educational endeavors are self explanatory and one need only reread his opening post. Apprently you don't need to figure out how to use the 'search' button to do research.... :-X :o :censored: :reading:

RG:

--- Quote from: Muzh_1 on December 22, 2010, 01:08:06 PM ---Wanna bet this is what Jon read?

--- End quote ---
:laugh: :chuckle: ;D
At first I thought I somehow had a really bad typo in there!  LMFAO!  tiphat

2tallbill:

--- Quote from: jontheresearcher on December 21, 2010, 07:36:03 PM ---
1. Would you know if the mail order brides get paid for their "job?"  From what I've researched, they do not but we wanted to make sure.  

2. Do these women owe the company money that they need to pay back which requires them to stay with the guy in US for any length of time? And if so how long?  

3. Might you have any idea how exactly mail order bride companies vette the women they put on their website? Do they check to make sure they're age, info, etc. is all correct?

4. And finally are these international match making websites credible, legal and on the up and up (from an American business standard) or are most run out of a shady apartment abroad? I would venture to guess there are some legit companies and some illegitimate, but would love your opinion.

--- End quote ---

Jon, I will try to help but you will end up doing what I predicted anyway.

1. Job? None of the serious non scammer women get paid by an agency.
There are a few translating jobs in an agency but for the most part the
agency girls* have a job outside the agency.

2. Do these women owe the company money ? No, agencies don't loan money.

3. Do agencies "vette" the ladies? Some do some don't, most say that they do.

4. And finally are these international match making websites credible, legal and on
the up and up, again some are and some are not. One of things that is done here is
to educate men so they can tell the difference.

Lastly, if you have any other questions I will be in chat for a while feel free to stop
by, I will try to point you in the right direction. http://ruadventures.com/forum/chat/

Udachi

Bill
*girls, why do I say girls instead of women? it's because they have four different
words for female. Devechka a young girl before puberty, Devushka a girl between
say 16 and 30 something, Zhenshina a woman over 30 something and babushka
an older woman or grandmother. It is really easy to offend a Devushka by calling her
a zhenshina

Since we have two words girl and woman they would prefer to be called girls.

Udachi

Bill

skiingandrunning:
An article that would make the researcher happy.

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/interpol-warns-of-rise-in-marriage-scams/427650.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version