General Discussion > Media Room

Question from the Television Drop Dead Diva

(1/4) > >>

jontheresearcher:
Hello. My name is Jon and I'm a researcher for a television show on Lifetime called Drop Dead Diva. It's my job to make sure our program is as accurate as possible, and I'm hoping you could assist us with some questions we have about mail order brides.  I often rely on discussion forums to get answers since people most knowledgeable about certain topics are the ones checking the forums.

Hopefully you can look at these and offer your thoughts? We would truly appreciate any help here.

1. Would you know if the mail order brides get paid for their "job?"  From what I've researched, they do not but we wanted to make sure. 

2. Do these women owe the company money that they need to pay back which requires them to stay with the guy in US for any length of time? And if so how long? 

3. Might you have any idea how exactly mail order bride companies vette the women they put on their website? Do they check to make sure they're age, info, etc. is all correct?

4. And finally are these international match making websites credible, legal and on the up and up (from an American business standard) or are most run out of a shady apartment abroad? I would venture to guess there are some legit companies and some illegitimate, but would love your opinion.

I appreciate any help you could provide as we try to make our episode as realistic as possible.

Sincerely,

Jon W | Researcher

Paul:

--- Quote from: jontheresearcher on December 21, 2010, 07:36:03 PM ---I appreciate any help you could provide as we try to make our episode as realistic as possible.
--- End quote ---

LOL

BelleZeBoob:

--- Quote from: Paul on December 21, 2010, 08:03:08 PM ---
--- Quote from: jontheresearcher on December 21, 2010, 07:36:03 PM ---I appreciate any help you could provide as we try to make our episode as realistic as possible.
--- End quote ---

LOL

--- End quote ---

Same reaction here on the Russian women's part.  :chuckle: :laugh:

2tallbill:

--- Quote from: jontheresearcher on December 21, 2010, 07:36:03 PM ---
1. Would you know if the mail order brides get paid for their "job?"  From what I've researched, they do not but we wanted to make sure.  

--- End quote ---

Are you aware of the emancipation proclamation? In 1862 it became illegal to buy
or sell other people in the United States, surprisingly this law seems to cover buying
a woman for marriage purposes as well.

There are a million myths out there and I am absolutely sure that you have
been confused by a few of them but lets talk about the first question first.

What job are you talking about?

MND:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version