The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New Years in the FSU-Do's and Dont's  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: New Years in the FSU-Do's and Dont's
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 01:26:06 AM »

Only downside was the airline has lost my baggage on the return leg. I am mighty p****d off.

Don't fret, a few years back 4 out of 5 trips to Ukraine they lost my luggage, by the end I was an expert at form filling and knowing what to do, it always turned up eventually, having said that, it was sometimes after I had bought a new wardrobe  :chuckle:

Online Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 01:57:25 PM »

Great news and glad you had a good time in Kyiv.

Cheers Mendy. It was really nice to experience such hospitality and being made to feel so welcome.
There’s only one Ass on this forum and it’s WizASS

Online Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
Just had a message to say my bag has been found and will be delivered tomorrow. ;D

Online Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
Just booked my flights to Kiev for Feb 25 on UAI out of Gatwick. Anybody happen to be travelling to Kiev then?

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:25 AM »
I met my girlfriend in Kiev the last week of December.  We attended The Nutcracker at the Kiev Opera House the day after you did (12/31).  It was terrific.

The airline lost my luggage on the way there and again on the way back.  Luckily I got it back in a day or two each time, but not before I had to buy some clothes in Kiev.  It's amazing how much clothing costs there.

Registration