The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: My Partner Forever  (Read 11843 times)

Offline macmuir

• The Dude Abides
My Partner Forever
« on: August 25, 2010, 08:42:02 AM »
Thought I would share some recent experiences wrapping up my involvement with this "agency". In reality it is a Canadian facade in the form of a website that essentially offers profiles from a number of agencies in Ukraine and other FSU nations. They put their stamp on the photos, offer links to existing services and, of course, increase the cost of each of these services; some of which can be found directly and more cheaply by going to a website run by the actual agency on the ground. In addition to inflating the cost of the services, MPF claims to monitor or have "verified" profiles. In my experience I ran into the usual slew of unsolicited letters from nubiles who apparently ignore their own age guidelines or seek geriatric partners for the thrill. I ran into two "pro letter writers". The first occurred early on and was actually one of my prime go to meet ladies, but when I tried to move our correspondence to email outside the site, she faded away. The most recent flurry came just prior to my coming to Ukraine - I'm typing this on my last night in Kiev, with my flight leaving early in the morning. I wrote back and forth for a week or so. "Anna" was quick to suggest we had known one another in a previous life and now that she had found me, happiness was at hand. "Great luck" I told her, because I'm going to be in Ukraine in a few days, what magical timing!! Most of you can guess what happened next.....she stops writing......days go by (previously she had been pumping out a letter a day) and finally I get a one sentence reply "Busy at work, can't see you....". So I spent my last few credits sending her a page of " $#&* you scammer" and a photo of my middle finger extended. No need to translate as I posted my letter in Russian and the photo, well, that speaks a universal language I think. Juvenile, perhaps? Satisfying? You bet.

One the upside of it all, I think I hit a home run with one of my pen pals whom I just spent the last week with in Sumy. And of course, she gave me email and cellphone # long ago, so I could enjoy communication with a human being and not a money sucking parasite masquerading as Cupid reborn.

So there we are . . . .
"Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules?"
Walter Sobchak

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: My Partner Forever
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
One the upside of it all, I think I hit a home run with one of my pen pals whom I just spent the last week with in Sumy. And of course, she gave me email and cellphone # long ago
Hi Macmuir

How about writing a Trip report about your experiences?  :popcorn:
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline macmuir

• The Dude Abides
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
One the upside of it all, I think I hit a home run with one of my pen pals whom I just spent the last week with in Sumy. And of course, she gave me email and cellphone # long ago
Hi Macmuir

How about writing a Trip report about your experiences?  :popcorn:

I definitely will Bruce Lee. I'll give it a shot in the next couple of days. I think it could prove constructive as it contained surprises, disappointments and proved in several instances the wisdom of the RB Guide. Thank you Manny! We are not doomed to make the same mistakes as those who have gone before. Maybe make a few new ones . . . .

Walter Sobchak

Offline Manny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:10 AM »
I definitely will Bruce Lee. I'll give it a shot in the next couple of days. I think it could prove constructive as it contained surprises, disappointments and proved in several instances the wisdom of the RB Guide. Thank you Manny! We are not doomed to make the same mistakes as those who have gone before. Maybe make a few new ones . . . .

Nice of you to say so Mac.  tiphat
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
macmuir,

I am all for exposing websites and frauds, could you provide us with a link?

Lets see what Jim on Jimslist has to say about this
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
macmuir,

Given the thread title and reference in the O/P, I am going to say it's this one: http://www.mypartnerforever.com/

Oh, and, BTW, welcome to the site macmuir

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline skydude

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »
welcome aboard!

don't get your hope up too high

get her to skype. perhaps mail you something personal (postcard, copy of passport, have someone independent send her something like flowers with pic.....etc.....)

just thinkin....

Offline macmuir

• The Dude Abides
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 01:47:01 AM »
macmuir,

JC,

Jim threw these guys in the Grey Zone if I'm not mistaken. Essentially the issue is they have no way of verifying profiles provided by the feeder sites. Some of the profiles are found listed with the usual suspects: DM, Army of Brides (god what a stupid name) AW etc. Again there are actual real women amongst the pros and letter mills. That's what makes the endeavour so complicated and hence the "Get on a plane" edict. Also, it is a fuzzy line. Agency could argue, that women are legit but lost interest in me for some other the reason, but the timing of the letters and the sudden absences when money  :money:  is not flowing is, to me, undeniable evidence. Smoking gun? Probably not in court, but IMHO, there is no other sensible explanation for a woman who professes deep interest and connection to have no interest in either meeting - when they find out I'm actually in the neighbourhood - OR - daily letters stop for the time I've indicated I'll be in Ukraine, and start again the day I'm about to leave.

If there is any history of correspondence it is always helpful to go back and read the letters for continuity. One woman who I met in Sumy - pro-dater it turns out - pointed out her sister's apartment block while she drove us to a very expensive restaurant in her Acura SUV. I reread her letters that night while in Sumy and discovered her response to my question about family early on in our correspondence. She didn't have ANY sisters or brothers at that point in time!! Where's Colombo when you need him?

Alex
Walter Sobchak

Offline Tranj

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 06:58:54 AM »
Hello friends,
I have a positive experience with Mypartnerforever service.
I just lost my wife … sad story…. and decided to give a chance to such on line dating…. I looked to these girls for comfort and got it. To be honest I am very grateful exactly for MyPartnerForever as I felt VIP client with them, I do not know how they manage to do this but they really work for people there, with everyone that contributes, and as I felt: they protect their clients from being robbed and heartbroken. Before I found mypartner site I used for a couple of months several others and was not happy with them. Most of the girls (about 20) initiate acquaintance – wrote by themselves and were too open about their wishes, wrote “i love you” from the 2d or 3d letter… all of them were too beautiful and too seductive to be real…. I even couldn’t imagine that one of them could be my mate… just of course sometimes I thought how it could be and how my all neighbours would dies the same as my friends seeing such Irina or Masha )))) but anyhow I knew – it is impossible…. it is just for dreams but not real life… my life, my occupation, surrounded reality, even my mortgage etc
So Mypartnerforever is very different comparing with others… I am very happy to find them in the Internet! Still haven’t met my soul mate but going to Uraine to have several meetings. I hope in few weeks I will stop on one of the ladies whom I chose…
Sincerely, John

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 07:18:10 AM »
Hi Tranj, welcome. I hope that you find what you are looking for!

If I might be so bold, might I ask where you are from?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 07:18:41 AM »
Hello friends,
I just lost my wife … sad story…. and decided to give a chance to such on line dating…. I looked to these girls for comfort and got it. To be honest I am very grateful exactly for MyPartnerForever as I felt VIP client with them, I do not know how they manage to do this but they really work for people there, with everyone that contributes, and as I felt: they protect their clients from being robbed and heartbroken. Before I found mypartner site I used for a couple of months several others and was not happy with them. Most of the girls (about 20) initiate acquaintance – wrote by themselves and were too open about their wishes, wrote “i love you” from the 2d or 3d letter… all of them were too beautiful and too seductive to be real…. I even couldn’t imagine that one of them could be my mate… just of course sometimes I thought how it could be and how my all neighbours would dies the same as my friends seeing such Irina or Masha )))) but anyhow I knew – it is impossible…. it is just for dreams but not real life… my life, my occupation, surrounded reality, even my mortgage etc
So Mypartnerforever is very different comparing with others… I am very happy to find them in the Internet! Still haven’t met my soul mate but going to Uraine to have several meetings. I hope in few weeks I will stop on one of the ladies whom I chose…
Sincerely, John
Yes John, whatever you say.  :bow:

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 08:25:04 AM »
Hello friends,
Sincerely, John

Amazingly, our er, John, managed to write the exact same thing >>here<< yesterday and >>here<< three days previously.

Says he is in CA but IP coming out of FL, and he has FSU English off to a fine art don't y'all think?  :chuckle:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Boris

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 10:23:07 AM »
Hello friends,
Sincerely, John

Amazingly, our er, John, managed to write the exact same thing >>here<< yesterday and >>here<< three days previously.

Says he is in CA but IP coming out of FL, and he has FSU English off to a fine art don't y'all think?  :chuckle:

I see our old racial SJW made a stop at that site, too....

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 11:00:04 AM »

1/ My IP says  I'm in Manchester, Liverpool, Bangor, Maidenhead, Worcester, Pershore, Evesham, Bristol or Cheltenham - to name but a few - but I could be in SE Asia or Russia ..  IP locations mean nothing in the world of corporate VPN connections or someone deliberately masking their location - be it for privacy or spamming

2/ Might it not be French Canadian ?
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 11:41:03 AM »

1/ My IP says  I'm in Manchester, Liverpool, Bangor, Maidenhead, Worcester, Pershore, Evesham, Bristol or Cheltenham - to name but a few - but I could be in SE Asia or Russia ..  IP locations mean nothing in the world of corporate VPN connections or someone deliberately masking their location - be it for privacy or spamming

Let me put it simpler: Its an FSU born shill working for the site.  :-\

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 11:51:08 AM »

Let me put it simpler: Its an FSU born shill working for the site.  :-\

I like simple!  :laugh:
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »
Sales people will do almost anything to drum up business.   :nod:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 04:52:53 PM »
Comment made to the "customer" of Mypartnerforever on another dating forum site who posted the same message earlier:

"Tranj", you are yet another Ukrainian agency-worker who routinely posts on this forum for a one-off fake message to promote their own website by dishonestly pretending to be a male client. It's totally unconvincing. You just make a fool of yourself.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd