The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Has Your Wife Gained Weight? What Does She Weigh Now?

She now weighs less than she did
3 (5.1%)
She weighs about the same
17 (28.8%)
She has gained less than 5kgs (11 pounds)
5 (8.5%)
She has gained 5-10kgs (11-22 Pounds)
2 (3.4%)
She has gained more than 10kgs (22 pounds)
5 (8.5%)
I haven't noticed and/or don't care
1 (1.7%)
My wife weighs under 50kgs (110 Pounds)
3 (5.1%)
My wife weighs 50-55 kgs (110-121 Pounds)
11 (18.6%)
My wife weighs 55-60 kgs (121-132 Pounds)
4 (6.8%)
My wife weighs 60-65 kgs (132-143 Pounds)
1 (1.7%)
My wife weighs more than 65 kgs (143 Pounds)
2 (3.4%)
I don't know or care what she weighs
5 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Will She Put On Weight After Marriage? Find Out Here - This is the SLIM topic!  (Read 22560 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
The poll attached to this topic is designed for our married members to vote. (To the Divorced: You can include your FSU ex wives as well). It's a two part vote: The first being if your wife has gained weight, and the second being her current weight (as we might all have different ideas of slim).

Lets be honest. Most guys don't go abroad to seek overweight women (irrespective of if they are overweight themselves). Why would we? We are knee deep in fatties at home. The pursuit of slimness is a major factor in this game. You can argue all you want about wonderful personalities, inner values, superior morals, cozy home and all that stuff; slim women can have those things too.  :)

However, her original lifestyle in Dumpsk, which probably didn't involve McDonalds or Krispy Kreme, but most likely did involve a lot of walking and carrying heaving groceries up flights of stairs, tends to produce slimmer women. Although, as affluence spreads across the FSU, so does McDonalds and more processed and convenience food. Women in this part of the world are slowly but surely getting heavier -- fact!

A new lifestyle in your country involving driving everywhere, fewer stairs, maybe being a housewife let loose at the Wal-Mart pastry counter is likely to pile on the pounds unchecked.

If you are married, what is your experience of this? Does your wife gorge on calories but magically remain at 50kgs? Maybe your wife goes to the gym or something else pro-active to stay in shape? Maybe she put some weight on and you are cool with it? Maybe she put some weight on and you are not cool with it? What say you?

To those still searching: Have you thought about this subject? Does the prospect of a woman turning into her Mother bother you? Maybe you are confident that modern food and health education will prevent a woman gaining too much weight, and all those Babushkas spent the last 50 years eating low quality, high fat crap to get to that shape?

A guy asked me recently what I thought of his idea to chase after women who weighed only around 45kgs. His theory was that when she gained a post-adaptation 10kgs, she would be about right. What do you think of that idea? Another guy I encountered would only consider women whose mothers were slim too; he wanted slim genes! (He is still looking though).

We have "Ye Olde Age Difference" topic that has been running for four years. Time for "Ye Olde Slim" topic.  ;D
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wild Orchid

all husbands covering their own beer guts with slim wives are encouraged to vote.

Can we create a poll "What happened to husbands waist line after the marriage?" Did he still stay fat, did he get fatter?

Offline WestCoast

all husbands covering their own beer guts with slim wives are encouraged to vote.

Can we create a poll "What happened to husbands waist line after the marriage?" Did he still stay fat, did he get fatter?

WO I'm quite sure that Manny will be doing that poll as soon as this poll has run its course.  :laugh:

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
I will not vote as I'm not married, but I have met one UW who had pictures from before she arrived here (not bad looking), but the post move weight gain had been significant (she was becoming a real American women).  

Oh, Wild Orchard you know the answer to your question because if someone is too lazy to change there habits to loose weight while they are looking, then there is little chance they'll find new motivation after they find someone.  

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet

Sorry Wild Orchid - I stayed usually five pounds under weight while married, but gained about 10 lbs, afterwards. But have lost at least 5 lbs, in just the last few months.  :-X

Manny - mine is for my ex, who is still slim, even after so many years.     tiphat

Offline ecocks

• Always willing to help.
I would bet most will begin gaining due to aging, diet, work and exercise differences.

Offline tonton

• RIP
  • Trips: 5-10

In our case, Elena has probably put on 1kg, 2kg max after 4 years here. I've dropped about 15kgs, mainly due to getting a dog and getting off my arse more.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Ira is exactly the same weight now as she was when she came here over 2 years ago she goes up and down about a Kg only, she won't eat any processed crap and only healthy food goes in, she still walks quite a bit (no where near as much as she used to do in Ukraine) but a lot more than most English folk.

On the other side of the coin I am now around 8Kg less than I was when she moved here, I did get heavier initially, but now she has my weight under control  :-X and has me exercising more and a recent illness did help for me to loose a bit but all is fairly steady now. Together we do a lot more walking now than I ever did before Ira came over, and with having a 10 year old Duracell bunny  :chuckle: to run after all the time it helps to keep me fitter than I used to be for sure.
Слава Україні

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Veta weighs the same 3.5 years on - considerably under 50 Kg ...  much to her Mum's annoyance - I was supposed to fatten her up !!

I worry that if she DOES put weight on Veta wouldn't have the option of buying kids clothes ( no sales tax !) and modifying them into clothes that are unique.

Manny, after this we should have the same Q about us  :-[
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline tonton

• RIP
Look up-thread mate!!...WO has already suggested that, and some answers came through...well from Chris and myself only, others are scared?  :chuckle:

Why not, doesn't hurt to see some results boys!

Offline MND

• Trips: 10-20
Nats around the same weight as when we met probably a kilo or two lighter i have dropped about 5 KG to Nats anoyance as she says i am to skinny and she has done her best to fatten me up but alas as Chris said duracell bunny mine who is now 9 has had me run off my feet now for the last 4 years.

Offline tonton

• RIP
Nats around the same weight as when we met probably a kilo or two lighter i have dropped about 5 KG to Nats anoyance as she says i am to skinny and she has done her best to fatten me up but alas as Chris said duracell bunny mine who is now 9 has had me run off my feet now for the last 4 years.

You're right mate, we've both gotta fatten up--we need a big feed at that Chinese near your old biz.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Look up-thread mate!!...WO has already suggested that, and some answers came through...well from Chris and myself only, others are scared?  :chuckle:

Why not, doesn't hurt to see some results boys!

Hi 'Tone' I have 'technical problems' viewing WO's posts :D .. for some reason I only see 'em if they are quoted ..[ ;) ]    It is good to know 'we' think alike  :chuckle:

I am sure I made a poll about whether us guys were 'overweight' ...

Offline Muzh_1

When my wife arrived in NY she was a size 0. Thin as a rail. Her OB/GYN begged her to gain some weight if she wanted to get pregnant. She tried everything and maybe gained 1 Kg. Being a hispanic, I like women with meat on their bones. So I married my wife because of love, not her model figure (really a model figure). Two years later she went to visit her family and I stayed home. When we talked she would say she was gaining weight and the smell of cigarettes was making her sick. "Great, she quit smoking and is gaining weight." We men are so oblivious. When I went to pick her up at JFK, 5 weeks had passed, she looked unbelievable!! (Va va va voom, Hubba Hubba  :evilgrin0002:)

She actually gained 65 lbs during her pregnancy, lost about 40 and has maintained this weight. Just perfect.  :evilgrin0002:  :party0031:

Offline Muzh_1

Oo, oo. I forgot. I also gained weght. As she says much more to hug.  :evilgrin0002:

Offline MND

You're right mate, we've both gotta fatten up--we need a big feed at that Chinese near your old biz.

Ahhh sounds like a good idea but have a better joint not far from home

Offline Manny

I am sure I made a poll about whether us guys were 'overweight' ...

You did. It is here: Forum Men Overweight Poll

Voting is still open on that one too.  :)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
The poll results -so far - puzzle me

Currently we have:

two wives / partners under 50 Kg - 10%

five 50-55 Kg = 25%

2 @ 55-60 Kg = 10 %

and 1 @  60-65 Kg  - 5%

11 people  have voted - but those votes add up to ten and only 50% in total

???

Offline WestCoast

Currently we have:

five 50-55 Kg = 25%

2 @ 55-60 Kg = 10 %

and 1 @  60-65 Kg  - 5%

???

If it helps I voted twice.  :laugh:
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

Currently we have:

five 50-55 Kg = 25%

2 @ 55-60 Kg = 10 %

and 1 @  60-65 Kg  - 5%

???

Add all the percentages together.  (:)

Well, its early days yet, but the picture is beginning to show women are not gaining so much weight after relocation (unless we guestimate those four who abstained from the second part and didn't want to fess up), and that generally, it looks to be reinforcing the theory that women over 60kgs don't seem to get much of a look in.

Offline ecocks

• Always willing to help.
Ten people voted. I voted once for a single choice, then noticed that you could cast two votes. I Removed my vote and voted a second time for two selections.

Offline Wild Orchid

Talking about women like about some prized horses.

I'm glad to hear that some of you became trimmer and healthier because of your wives. Long way to go for others though 

Offline Manny

I think the whole "slim" topic is a bit like the elephant in the room that nobody will mention. When I think of all the folks I have met, know through the boards and those my wife and/or I have worked with, not one guy ever wanted to meet a woman that was anything but slim. I have met very few overweight Russian wives. However, the way society pressures many people to be PC, makes guys shy to actually mention it. They try to pass off their wife's slimness as just something that casually happened by chance.  :chuckle: -- Like hell, they travelled thousands of miles to find exactly that trait amongst others! The thing is, there is nothing wrong with that. It ain't a crime.

Offline Manny

Talking about women like about some prized horses.

I'm glad to hear that some of you became trimmer and healthier because of your wives. Long way to go for others though 

I expected this topic might ruffle a few feathers amongst our lady members.  :hidechair:

Offline Rasputin

not one guy ever wanted to meet a woman that was anything but slim. I have met very few overweight Russian wives

Manny, it all depends on how you define "slim." For some, it seems they define the term as borderline anorexic  For me, too thin was a big turnoff :sick0012:  I was looking for a woman who was well-proportioned (i.e. the right curves in the right places and the woman from Izhevsk you chose in the other thread certainly fits that description  :evilgrin0002:) and had a normal weight. In other words, a woman who was neither overweight/obese, nor extremely skinny.
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Registration