The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Leaving on a Jet Plane..I don't know when I'll be back again  (Read 49499 times)

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Leaving on a Jet Plane..I don't know when I'll be back again
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 03:47:37 AM »
* Some more pictures not posted with the above due to image posting restrictions*

ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered

Offline ECR844

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 03:53:47 AM »
* Some more pictures not posted with the above due to image posting restrictions*

Some clock tower shots

ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered
ila_rendered

Offline ECR844

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 03:55:58 AM »

ila_rendered
ila_rendered

More of the story and pictures to come soon..... :popcorn: :reading: :coffeeread: :nod:

Offline Catman

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2010, 07:04:41 AM »
I'm hoping for pics of the hot sister :popcorn:

Offline dbneeley

• RIP
Re: Actio in Distans continued
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2010, 07:26:04 AM »

Her sister is in Medical school and in my limited exposure to Russian health care I had previously noticed even the senior physicians had lacked some of the better stethoscopes and that most were using some sub par dual lumen Sprague-Rappaport designs. So since her sister had a goal of becoming an anesthesiologist, I picked her up a Littmann Cardiology III series scope which is one of the best that you can get. There is a more expensive electronic model but I wasn’t confident it would be able to stand up over time or that her sister would be able to easily find replacement batteries, do the online firmware updates, etc…

Eric--

Interestingly enough, when I first came to Ukraine to see Irina--who was already an anesthesiologist--I also brought her a stethoscope, and it was also a Cardiology III. I too was concerned that the electronic models might not stand up to the task with no method of easily getting parts or perhaps even batteries. Hers is still in daily use, and is normally the finest instrument wherever she goes--she had been using a very cheap and not very good one she bought in medical school.

The tubing is finally cracking, so on my trip to the States I'll buy a replacement ear-piece/tubing set. For your information, these scopes are selling for pretty much today what they were ten years ago, and are still a very fine addition to a doctor's equipment. I hope the young student appreciates such a fine gift.

For those who don't know, this is a two-sided scope with a large "bell" on one side of the head and a small one on the other. That is to optimize its use on children or adults.

David

Offline ECR844

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2010, 07:41:06 AM »
David,

I've had the same cardiology 2SE for the last 14 years. I've used it in all sorts of environments and places with a lot of noise. No matter what that thing has been through, including getting run over. It has performed flawlessly and been nothing but godsend.

The only thing besides regular cleanings I've had to do to it is replace the diaphragm, ring seal and ear pieces. I'm sure it will serve her well in the future, but at this time it appears I'll never get to hear how it worked out for her. I got it because I had hoped it would be a thoughtful gift which would help begin to build a bridge with a family member.

:offtopic:

*edited to add:

One trick I found that helped extend the life of the tubing is Armor All sells little cleaning and sealing wipes the size of a wet nap. I do mine about 2x a month and never had an issue with cracking or tube erosion as a result I believe of using these. Not even leaving it to cook on the dashboard during the summer between calls has killed it.

Might be worth looking into.

Below is the picture of the one she got.

27 inch (69cm) Cardiology III Stethoscope, Black Plated Chestpiece and Eartubes, Black Tube.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2010, 07:42:37 AM »
Catman,

Not gonna happen!

Offline ECR844

A teaser for Donhollio!
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2010, 11:06:18 AM »
Bro,

Here's a Hallmark moment just for you.

In BY they parade around in columns and you just pick one.... :P :) :nod:  Wish you were here!

ila_rendered

tiphat :ROFL: :popcorn:

Offline ECR844

WTF is that?
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2010, 11:20:36 AM »
While making use of my wonderful vacation locale and out and about in the city I took a stroll through Victory Square here. While standing waiting for the signal to change with a bunch of people I see these two school girls. They looked to be about sophomore in high school age.

Next thing I know they're chatting and one of them was wearing a jean jacket and it had a lump that started moving! So I got to wondering what kind of Chernobyl induced mutation might be lurking in there. Then after we crossed the street and entered into the square the culprit stuck a nose out for a wiggle.

ila_rendered

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »
Eric - LOL, great picture of the ferret. :)

Have you seen any of the "pro-Belarus propaganda signs" yet?  Usually with a smiling little boy or girl? 
I don't recall seeing any in Minsk except perhaps at the train station, but in a lot of other places..

Offline ECR844

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »
Eric - LOL, great picture of the ferret. :)

Have you seen any of the "pro-Belarus propaganda signs" yet?  Usually with a smiling little boy or girl?  
I don't recall seeing any in Minsk except perhaps at the train station, but in a lot of other places..

"RG,"

Turns out it was a little mouse but with that pic they look very similar.

I haven't seen any of those signs here but there has been a whole lot of military activity in the last week. There have been alot of troops and MVD people roaming the city and there was even a company of Belarussian Spetznaz roaming the streets with maps in pairs. I figured they were doing recon and contingency planning for the Slavinsky Bazzar what with the big man coming here and all it seemed like a typical dictators 'advance planning regime'. Then they seemed to disappear from the streets except for the odd one here or there with a chick or a friend out for a walk or a bite to eat. Interestingly enough there weren't many drinking even 'off duty'.

An armored column rolled down main street a few days ago and I heard them and caught the tail end. Yesterday I was sitting in the hotel lounge doing some work and posting some of my TR when I heard the roar of turbines and the thwack-thwack of rotors.

I figured just an overflight and they'd be gone, you know training mission or the like. Turns out they stuck around and flying about 200 feet AGL for awhile. That piqued my curiosity and so I went outside to take a look there were about 6 MI-24 HIND gunships and 2 MI-8 HIPs in formation doing wagon wheels1 around the city. There was also a smaller helicopter a MI-2 'Hoplite'. They went right over the hotel and there were feet hanging out the cargo door. I figured someone was about to have a real bad day if they were going after them. That is a lot of firepower and those gunships are flying tanks.

Then they flew off......

Veerrrry Interesting............ More in a future update!

* 1.) Wagon wheel is a gunship and or airsupport tactic used by various countries and more notably in this instance a Soviet helicopter gunship tactic which was used extensively in Afghanistan. Corroborating source
These nap-of-the-earth tactics are a significant change from those employed in 1979-80. Hind crews then showed little fear of the opposition, attacking with machine guns, 57-mm rockets, or cluster and high-explosive 250-kg bombs normally during diving attacks from a 1000-meter altitude. After the firing pass, they would break away in a sharp evasive turn or terrain-hugging flight before repositioning for another firing pass. The Soviets used these tactics with several Hinds in a circular pattern, similar to the American "wagon wheel" used in Vietnam. Such tactics may still be used in some parts of Afghanistan, but by and large they have been changed.

Reportedly, new tactics that use scout helicopters for target acquisition have been adopted for both attack helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. These scouts are usually Hinds (or, in some cases, Mi-8 Hips) rather than smaller, lighter helicopters. Normally, they stay high, out of range of the target, giving crews a better field of view while directing attacks. This tactic may become standard in future Soviet conflicts.15

Current reports say the Hind now begins an attack run 7000 to 8000 meters from the target, running in at low altitude and then rising 20 to 100 meters in altitude to fire. Firing usually commences at maximum range, and mutual support is emphasized. One tactic that has endured the war has been to send one helicopter in at high altitude to draw enemy fire, while wingmen remain low, behind a ridge, ready to attack anyone who opens fire.16

The Soviets are also using helicopters in mass formations (a standard Soviet tactic). Reports have helicopters in packs of four and six, hovering, firing their rockets and machine guns, circling, hunting, and then swooping down and firing again.17
While the Hind is the primary attack helicopter being used in Afghanistan, the Soviets have also made extensive use of the big multi-purpose Mi-8 Hip in several different capacities. One of the major missions of the Hip is to serve as the main troop carriers.18 In this role, the Hip is enhanced by its ability to provide its own fire support/suppression with 57-mm rocket pods.19 The Hip has also been used for aerial minelaying, which the Soviets have found is a good way to reinforce a defensive perimeter quickly. Furthermore, the Hip has been used as a heavily armed attack helicopter to complement the Hind.20 As with the Hind, the Soviets have found problems with the Hip. These have come primarily in the areas of its exposed fuel system (a major hazard to crews in case of a crash), short rotor life, lack of engine quick-change capability, poor engine performance, and inadequate trim control. The engine and trim problems result from the low-density air conditions found in the high, mountainous terrain of Afghanistan, which force the engine to work harder and make hovering difficult.21

The Mi-4 Hound has also been employed in the war, often in concert with the Hind. Many helicopter airstrikes start with two Mi-4 Hounds, which attack with unguided rockets and machine gun fire, followed by four Hinds, which continue the strike with rockets and cannon. While the Hinds attack, the Hounds circle, ejecting heat decoy flares at regular intervals, apparently in an effort to protect the helicopters from hand-held SA-7s. The Hounds also have been reported to hover near villages being shelled, perhaps acting as air controllers for ground-based artillery.22

One other type of helicopter that the Soviets are using in Afghanistan is the big Mi-6 Hook. It has been used extensively to provide heavy lift support for Soviet forces.23

Observers report that Soviet helicopter roles in the war have varied from dropping Soviet parachutists, antipersonnel mines, bombs, and leaflets to providing close air support for Soviet armor. Yet, while significant tactical changes have occurred, the broad picture of Soviet Frontal Aviation tactics in Afghanistan has remained largely unchanged. Trends and concepts observed prior to the war have been reinforced. The Hips still carry troops for airmobile assaults and provide suppression; the Hind remains the Soviets' primary source of airborne firepower.24

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »

Seeing as I'm here for 20 days I just hope I can find the right mix to share a little something that will help some of the others here and maybe a happy ending.

Take a drive outside of the city and you can find that 'happy ending' for less than $20  :)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »
I'm still rooting for you Eric,

Hope things turn out for the best for you!

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline ECR844

« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2010, 02:32:42 AM »
Thanks, "Markje" I'm doing my best to make a TARFU situation SNAFU. I incidentally have been making progress.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2010, 02:39:29 AM »
I was going to post another installment to my TR today, but since the forum has had some hiccups lately I figured it was a sign you guys didn't want to read anymore.... :-X :popcorn: :reading: :coffeeread: :) :laugh: Plus i didn't want to lose a large post and have to retype it... :fighting0025: :biggrin:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2010, 02:47:35 AM »
I was going to post another installment to my TR today, but since the forum has had some hiccups lately I figured it was a sign you guys didn't want to read anymore.... :-X :popcorn: :reading: :coffeeread: :) :laugh: Plus i didn't want to lose a large post and have to retype it... :fighting0025: :biggrin:

When I have to type a big post, I usually do it in "notepad" in windows. Then when I am totally satisfied I hit reply/quote then copy/paste it in the edit window and hit "preview" or "submit" :)

And when it gets especially Ugly, I use the VI-editor from unix, with syntax-coloring bb-code .... lord thats good!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline ECR844

« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2010, 02:54:00 AM »
Mark,

EGADS, multi-color, syntax, editing editing HTML software for a posting a TR.... :sick0012: No thanks, it's all you bro, I'll pass on that one.

But thank you for coming up with a viable fix for the DB with the JS bit.  I'll be sure to post more updates soon. :)

Offline ECR844

« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2010, 03:12:46 AM »
Well, it'll be a busy, hot, sunny day today for me today here. I'll allow the local Babuska to entertain you with a view of how she 'helps' her husband count his money to pay for their bus fare.

or perhaps have a lovers rendezvous with your someone special in the local square by the fountain.

Lukashenko called and said I need to get my Amerikainets popka out to the collective to earn my keep and my ride is here.

In the interim I hope you'll stand by, and wait with patience and perhaps some quiet reflection on your own search and success.

Offline dbneeley

• RIP
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2010, 03:30:59 AM »
Mark,

EGADS, multi-color, syntax, editing editing HTML software for a posting a TR.... :sick0012: No thanks, it's all you bro, I'll pass on that one.

But thank you for coming up with a viable fix for the DB with the JS bit.  I'll be sure to post more updates soon. :)

There are many alternatives for a Windows box, as you might suspect. I tend to use a very small one called Notepad ++, which has some big advantages over the standard Notepad. It is free and a small download.

In Linux, I tend to use Kate---and advanced text editor for the KDE GUI.

David

Offline ECR844

Repin’s Respite
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2010, 04:15:45 AM »

A solid night’s sleep will do wonders for you and I knew I was still catching up as I don’t even remember falling asleep. I was however awoken to the sound of birds chirping and the sun in streaming into my room remaining undefeated by the closed curtains at 0500. There was also the clickty-clack sound of RW heels pounding down the pavement as folks began their day. Two RM talking spiritedly in the courtyard outside my window and of course the birds were singing.

Since it was early and I was wide awake I decided to go online, follow up on emails and do some work at my second job. I was sure I had emails piling up on that and doubly so because I wasn’t taking calls.

I logged on the forum did a little reading, sent some personal emails and killed off some work. I left to take a break and get some breakfast. As I walked across the lobby to the door to go downstairs to the restaurant I was flagged down by the lady at the front desk. She handed me my passport which appeared to be registered, smiled and said enjoy your breakfast. Hey, I have no idea what bureaucratic magic they worked but whatever it was is just fine with me.
After breakfast I went back to work and closed up what I needed to address. I then went back to my room to get ready for the day. I wasn’t thrilled about being up so early on vacation but hey, you gotta roll with the punches sometimes. Afterwards I decided to get the lay of the land since I had plenty of time before I needed to meet with my lady. I did find it a bit odd that she couldn’t be bothered to meet sooner as she wasn’t working and had taken time off and we had been planning this trip for some time. But I put that aside and went out exploring.

I was really starting to like this city. Maybe it’s because I was on vacation and hadn’t been reduced to the tedious nature of day to day life but there seems to be a relaxing flow to life here. First off there were women of all shapes and sizes dress appropriately like women and with a mix of fashions. There was a definite smorgasbord of ladies to please a variety of palettes. There was definitely a showing of short skirts and the high heels that many of the visually motivated creatures we as men enjoy a looking at. I found a park nearby, Marc Chagall’s exhibit hall, the local classical music conservatory school for the performing arts. I browsed through the central market and a flower shop. I picked out some roses and made my purchase and then I was off to exchange some money for the day.

By this time it was nearly lunch so I ducked in a local Vesta market and got some fruit and water for a snack. Then I waited for my lady to arrive in the hotel lobby. She came wearing a zip up terry cloth sweatshirt and jeans and ½” heals. We exchanged an unaffectionate and polite ‘hello’ and made small talk while we waited for the translator to show up. I gave her her daily rose (sometimes more than one), and got a smile.

Time ticked by and after a check of my watch it appeared the translator was 15 mins late. About 5 minutes later my lady got a call on her cell and exchanged a short series of unintelligible rapid fire Russian with whoever was on the other end. Then she turned to me and said “Ve go meet Olga now.” (out terp.) I wasn’t thrilled but off we went on a fast paced half klick jaunt to meet Olga by one of the parks and not far from the clock tower.

A quick hello and I gave her the money for her fee and we flagged a taxi down and were off to lya’s dacha.
Not far outside of the city limits it got to be rural pretty quick. There is some seriously beautiful ‘country’ here and we passed a number of smaller villages which had their own mini orchards and every house had a garden.

We passed some farms and then out the middle of nowhere out pots a fog of smog from a factory belching god know what out of its smoke stacks. A quick inquiry let me know that it was a ‘fertilizer factory’. I tried to use this time to get my lady talking as it was something she seemed to do very little of. I asked a variety of questions, told some jokes and tried to get the conversation flowing. None of it worked. A few more minutes and we arrived at the museum, and the interpreter had a rapid fire exchange with the cabbie. We got out and I was expecting to have to fork over a deposit or pay the cost of the ride. Then the interpreter said, “not now, he’s going to wait for us. We’ll be here maybe an hour tops.”

A picture of the factory

I replied “Alright, that’s fine with me.” and off we went down a dirt road. We rounded a bend and there stood a narrow 3 story wooden house and a ‘guard shack’ which mostly consisted of a gvt. cop hanging out and rocking in a rocking chair on the porch all day. It looked like it was a  ‘real tough gig’….

We went into the house and just outside the door were cloth-canvas combination shoe covers which were mandatory to wear inside the house. A quick 26,000BYR later and we were off inside the house. Of course there was no photography allowed inside. We also acquired an employee who didn’t have anything helpful to say and mostly watched this wayward foreigner like a hawk to make sure I didn’t do anything dangerous like take a picture of the lithograph and photocopied pictures of Ilya’s work. However some things like some of the furniture and silverware, the samovar, and other pieces looked to be authentic <We weren’t allowed to touch and or look for makers marks and other ‘clues’ which would have answered the authenticity question>.

As we roamed around the house I brought up such subjects as art, history, interests, period architecture, etc.., as a means to stimulate conversation. The answers I got in return were ‘I don’t know, I don’t know anything about that. No, I’m not interested. I don’t want to talk about that.’ Yet, when we were together my lady would regularly take phone calls on her mobile and she seemed to have no problem talking to them and seemed to ‘lighten up’ quite a bit.

All in all the terp and I were able to converse on a variety of subjects, but my lady, she remained essentially silent. She clearly enjoyed herself and said she liked the place and found it ‘relaxing’. She wanted to take some pictures together and of the grounds and here are a few.

Some of the above shots were taken form a ‘widows peek’ style set up on the top floor of the house.
  After we finished walking around we made our way to the cab and off we went back into town. Again during the ride back I tried to initiate conversation but was again met with the same answers so the interpreter, the cabbie and I had a 3 way exchange.

On the ride back I asked if anyone is hungry and my lady and the terp started an exchange in Russian that I didn’t care to follow. What came out of it was that my lady wanted dessert and not lunch. That was fine with me so I asked where they wanted to go. The terp said I have an idea, we can go to one of the nicer places here and that way you’ll know where it is and what to expect.

The nice place turned out to be the nicest restraint I’ve found here and it’s named ‘Da Vinci’ it is supposed to be an Italian place but it’s in reality more like a continental European place with a lot of ingredient substitutions to make palatable to the Belarussian palate at inflated prices. Perhaps a better name for the cuisine style would be Belo-Euro fusion.

The desserts and were well executed and it was clear that it had been done by a pastry chef with foreign training, and the wait staff was also excellent and in line with western standards of what one would expect of such a place. The interior had high ceilings with wainscoting and other accents, the floor was what appeared to be ‘Corian’ faux marble type and there were a number of other interior design accents which completed the look. When we were finished with dessert and drinks the bill came to 80,000BYR.

While we were leaving a discussion ensued between my lady and the interpreter. My lady decided she didn’t want the terp around and that she would like her and I to go to her home and visit with some of her friends and family. I had no issue with that so the interpreter left and we walked to the local grocery store, I bought a variety of things for the visit and off we went to her home.

I met some of her friends and was essentially bored as they had a lot to talk about. 4 hours later it was evening and my lady said she was getting tired. Taking the hint it was time to go me, my lady and her friend walked to my hotel.

A quick ‘have a good night see you tomorrow at 1300 later’ and she and her friend were off and I was on my own. We had made plans to meet at my hotel. I wasn’t thrilled but the signs were starting to stack up. I ignored my instinct and decided to play the patience card with her and see what would happen as time went on and test her a bit more.

It was still rather early about 2000, and since my lady didn’t want to hang around or go out I decided I would. So I went off to a local café and discovered they served one of my favorite beers Krusovice Chornay Imperial (They had it ‘cool’ and on tap :^) ). I sat at the bar and relaxed, slowly drank my beer and conversed with 3 RM and the bartender there in a mixture of Russian, English, hand gestures, and laughs. The RM were young one younger than me and the other 2 about the same age as me. All were ‘business men,’ and appeared to have a decent amount of money.

Before I knew it the RM next to me offered to buy me a round. So I accepted and we continued to have fun talk and watch football on the satellite feed showing on the wide screen LCD set up in the bar.

I finished my drink, and they theirs and I bought the next round for them. This continued and by the time it was the next guys turn to buy I switched to Sprite and let them get hammered. It was a good time. About 0100 I bid adieu to my new ‘pals’ and off I went to get some sleep with a smile after having a relaxing evening.

Here’s a pic of the restaurant and incidentally they have very good brauts in there if you ever end up going.

Offline ECR844

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2010, 04:23:22 AM »
Now a short Public Service Announcement from the Belorussian Ministry of Anti-FSU Stereotypes. More specifically from the Information for Westerners Directorate. The director Anton Iknoyadon'tcareovich asked that he be allowed to show an example that fat, fashion unconscious people are indeed present and readily able to be seen through out the area.

Also please note that there are FSUM who are also readily and easily found to be wearing shorts, sunglasses, wife beaters and sandals with socks and or polo shirts..  :-X :o (:) Seems this isn't a North American only tourist trait any longer.

Thanks for your time and the Belorussian Ministry of Anti-FSU Stereotypes Information for Westerners Directorate Welcomes your calls at +375 00 99 132 05 89. Please ignore our angry receptionist, she doesn't like foreigners much. Just ask for director Anton Iknoyadon'tcareovich after the click and when you hear the dial tone.

Offline skiingandrunning

• Meмber
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2010, 07:57:18 AM »
Eric,

Sorry to hear how this trip seems to be turning out, but it's all part of dating and good for a newbie to read as things do not always turn out as we planned.  Also, thanks for sharing the pictures, it really helps getting sense of the location and reminds me that I have yet to download mine and I have been back for almost a week.  

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2010, 12:27:40 PM »
Eric,

Any chance of salvaging the trip with someone actually eager to show you genuine attention and affection?  For example CuteOnly has 60 ladies listed from Vitebsk alone and over 900 listed in Belarus...  just curious that if any one on an extended WOVO trip finds a less than enthusiastic and warm reception how they might recover and shift gears into a spontaneous plan B.  Perhaps your terp might be able to make a few calls and set up some meet and greets.  Even throw a cocktail party with you as the guest of honor and number one door prize - oft times the best laid plans of mice and men go awry and spontaneity can then rule the day.  Seems like the local sparkling bubbly is not too expensive - though I am a scotch and cigar man - my experience is sweet fizzy bubbly juice attracts young lovlies like hummingbirds to honeysuckle  :-X

Best of luck and thanks for the great pictures - Vitebsk country-side is quite beautiful.

Cheers,

Mike  "Cufflinks"

Offline dazzer

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »
I met some of her friends and was essentially bored as they had a lot to talk about.

All talking Russian, with you like the pig in the middle....I know  :nod:.

As we roamed around the house I brought up such subjects as art, history, interests, period architecture, etc.., as a means to stimulate conversation. The answers I got in return were ‘I don’t know, I don’t know anything about that. No, I’m not interested. I don’t want to talk about that.’ Yet, when we were together my lady would regularly take phone calls on her mobile and she seemed to have no problem talking to them and seemed to ‘lighten up’ quite a bit.

As i also have had first hand experience of, as I'm sure have many others :nod:

Looking forward to the next installment Eric, and i hope miss seemingly ice, turns out to have been a misconception ( having melted with time ) tiphat
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Would she be offended to get a text without telling her ahead of time?

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2010, 07:08:35 PM »

This is a Belarus thing, push the NEXT button, dont waste time! Even if you have no other dates, you might as well enjoy Belarus on your own, instead of wasting it with someone who doesnt care.!
Carpe dium
a day not trolled is a day not lived