Dating & Marriage With Women From Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & FSU > Married Chat

Has anyone here actually married a woman from Odessa or Kiev?

(1/35) > >>

Manny:
I think this is one of those topics that is ignored or the meat hidden away on page 10 of other unrelated topics. Call it the elephant in the room if you like.........

I was talking to a guy on the telephone today, who as may seem to do, was fixated on the idea of travelling to Odessa and/or Kiev to meet a multitude of women - none of which he even had a number for, all of whom claimed to be seeking improbable age gaps - you get the idea.  (:)

Odessa and Kiev are amongst those places we hear many stories from: scammers, pro-daters etc.

Many men seem to correspond with women from these cities and many agencies (many of dubious repute as well) reside in these cities. Tours and socials are operated from these cities too. So, in the normal run of things, we would expect a brace of guys married to women from Kiev and Odessa. There are so many agencies there, and so many men go there.

Yet, its not a place I tend to notice many mens wives are actually from. When I think of the guys/couples I personally know and/or have met, and those [amongst the successful] who my wife has worked with, and guys who talk about where their wives are from on the board etc. I am not noticing Odessa and Kiev crop up like one would imagine it might with the foot traffic it gets.

Of course, its easy to write these places off as heaving with pro-daters and other types of disingenuous women who have no intention of relocating abroad with one of the huge influx of foreigners who land there. Most people assert these places are over-fished and/or are the hunting ground for sex tourists. Is all that true and the reputation deserved, or do these places get undeserved bad press? Lets find out in this topic.

In my opinion, despite any flames I may receive for saying it, of late, almost all the dodgy stuff seems to come from Odessa, and secondly Kiev. These places are the new Lugansk since Lugansk lost the crown.

Read all the "I sent money" tales, most of the train wrecks, all the women who have three cell phones but answer none of them, Yuri the boyfriend taxi driver, women on paid cameras at 3am, $300 sushi restaurant bills, apartment rip-off's, $1000 shopping sprees to "prove" affection -- almost all of it. Odessa (with Kiev in a close second place) has become the likely common denominator in so many of these things.

I see so much of this from the side of the fence that is Olga's work, that it becomes so predictable.

Everyone is obsessed with going there, yet few are married to women from there IMO. It is one of a handful of places where foreign men are a stand-alone industry.

When did you last read tales of scams from Moscow, St Pete, Samara, Vladivostok, Vilnius, Riga, Minsk, Kaliningrad or from a Ukrainian town far from Odessa, Kiev and the like? You will likely be counting in years I bet.

So the question is this: Is anyone here actually married to a woman from Odessa or Kiev?   (That has to be the fairest litmus test.)

Obviously that doesn't include Russian/Ukrainian guys who still live there or guys that shipped women in from elsewhere in the FSU and simply met them there.

If there are very few or none - then we must begin to actually ask why not and solicit the views of the residents and those who have spent a lot of time there as to why not. This will then become an educational topic we can direct neophytes to who are considering going there.

Vinnvinny:
Good question Manny. I have thought for a long time that there are very few WM who have, I know I've never met any. Are you including ladies born and bred in those cities or ones who moved there prior to seeking a foreign partner?

Manny:

--- Quote from: Vinnvinny on May 23, 2010, 02:39:18 PM ---Are you including ladies born and bred in those cities or ones who moved there prior to seeking a foreign partner?

--- End quote ---

Good point. I guess that must be judged on mentality. Ask a woman where she is from and see what answer she gives? I can see that someone who is living there might be classed as being "from there", but then how long were they living there? How long would you need to live in London (assuming you did) to say you were from London?

I knew someone would find a hole in the question.  :chuckle:

When someone asks my wife where she is from, she tends to say "Manchester" for fun because it makes them do this.  :drunk:  But so many people ask her this she just agrees with their guess now to avoid unnecessary conversation with strangers. Recently she has been French and Swedish but is mostly Polish.  :chuckle:  She has lived here since 2006 and has a British passport, but is she from England? I would say not. She says she only "lives here" and is from Togliatti and will remain forever Russian in her heart. Certainly, she has few traits I consider "local".

Lets go with born and bred Odessa and Kiev............

Donhollio:

--- Quote from: Manny on May 23, 2010, 02:27:06 PM ---

Of course, its easy to write these places off as heaving with pro-daters and other types of disingenuous women who have no intention of relocating abroad with one of the huge influx of foreigners who land there. Most people assert these places are over-fished and/or are the hunting ground for sex tourists. Is all that true and the reputation deserved, or do these places get undeserved bad press? Lets find out in this topic.

So the question is this: Is anyone here actually married to a woman from Odessa or Kiev?
--- End quote ---

Without a doubt it's reputation exceeds the reality. Remember it only takes a few to spoil a good thing.  Thomas was married to his Odessa wife. I believe BCARTR found his wife there as well, and through A-web !  :o

--- Quote from: Manny ---If there are very few or none - then we must begin to actually ask why not and solicit the views of the residents and those who have spent a lot of time there as to why not. This will then become an educational topic we can direct neophytes to who are considering going there.
--- End quote ---

If forum chatter is to be followed, no neophyte would dare make Odessa a part of his plans. I however have spent a considerable amount of time in Odessa, and I have see many genuine western men / UA woman relationships.  One also needs to keep in mind that a very small percentage of western men take the time to find a forum such as this. Less than 1% I'd wager.
 I feel the stories of deception arise from the socially inept western man deciding this pursuit is for him. But he couldn't fathom travelling to any city unless its well advertised. Odessa and Kiev rise to the top when one looks at Ukraine. Tourism in Odessa is very advanced in comparison to some similar cities in population in the FSU. So the social outcast goes where its easy, seeks out a Kova that is putting out signals any normal man would pick up on, and gets a pro dater who runs his wallet dry.

Manny:

--- Quote from: Donhollio on May 23, 2010, 03:01:33 PM --- I however have spent a considerable amount of time in Odessa, and I have see many genuine western men / UA woman relationships. 

--- End quote ---

Remind us where your "committed to" lady is from and how many times you went to Kiev/Odessa prior?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version