The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New Members - How did you find us?  (Read 232779 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: New Members - How did you find us?
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 07:15:02 PM »
Christian, very true.  Just don't rely on the electronic translators too heavily as they have no way to sort out the context and thinking patterns and that means they leave a lot out of which you intended.  See you on the Language thread!

Jim

Offline Christian

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
Christian,

Yes mate just another Aussie from the growing contingent here on this forum, great to see you know the language everybody needs help with that, myself first and foremost!!!  :reading:

Dear Robert34,

Actually I'm learning it and would still consider myself in the beginner stages.  I have been going through Mendeleyev's lessons and find them both pleasing and helpful - and colorful too with all the photos.

Australia is beautiful and it is my understanding there is a Russian Orthodox church or two down there with pleny of Russian members.  I'm not sure though whether they have a congregation in Melbourne or Sydney - perhaps both.

Cheers,

Christian
Ибо [только] Я знаю намерения, какие имею о вас, говорит Господь, намерения во благо, а не на зло, чтобы дать вам будущность и надежду. 
И воззовете ко Мне, и пойдете и помолитесь Мне, и Я услышу вас; 
и взыщете Меня и найдете, если взыщете Меня всем сердцем вашим.

Offline Robert34

• Says Newbie !
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 07:49:54 PM »
Christian,

As I have been doing my home work as well, yes there is congregations in many suburbs in Melbourne, Glen Iris, Collingwood, Richmond just to name a few. I live in Burwood and my past experience with an Australian Russian lady and having her orthodox , I sometimes attended Glen Iris with her. !!!

They have grown in numbers over the years not just in Melbourne but in other states also and its becoming easier for men to help with religious issues for their women with this available !!!!
You dont always get what you want but you get what you need !

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2008, 01:45:47 AM »
Robert and Christian

We already have quite a few Aussies on here that drop by from time to time, some I have been conversing with for a few years now, if you visit The Shed, you will catch most of them. A number are already married to FSU women Bob (Bobjf), Mark (Schastlivyj), Ian (Ira), or in the process, Matt (Firemansam), and others, it is not all for Aussies there are Poms, Yanks and Canuks too and you may even find the odd Dutchman ;) anyway drop by sometime and have some banter with us all. You are more than welcome.  :)

Chris

The Shed, for banter, the crack, and FUN - open to everyone :)
Слава Україні

Offline Christian

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2008, 08:26:31 AM »
Robert and Christian

We already have quite a few Aussies on here that drop by from time to time, some I have been conversing with for a few years now, if you visit The Shed, you will catch most of them. A number are already married to FSU women Bob (Bobjf), Mark (Schastlivyj), Ian (Ira), or in the process, Matt (Firemansam), and others, it is not all for Aussies there are Poms, Yanks and Canuks too and you may even find the odd Dutchman ;) anyway drop by sometime and have some banter with us all. You are more than welcome.  :)

Chris

The Shed, for banter, the crack, and FUN - open to everyone :)

Thanks, Chrismc, for the invite.  I'm sure I'll swing by soon.  Thanks again.

Christian
Ибо [только] Я знаю намерения, какие имею о вас, говорит Господь, намерения во благо, а не на зло, чтобы дать вам будущность и надежду. 

Offline Christian

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2008, 08:39:32 AM »
Christian,

As I have been doing my home work as well, yes there is congregations in many suburbs in Melbourne, Glen Iris, Collingwood, Richmond just to name a few. I live in Burwood and my past experience with an Australian Russian lady and having her orthodox , I sometimes attended Glen Iris with her. !!!

They have grown in numbers over the years not just in Melbourne but in other states also and its becoming easier for men to help with religious issues for their women with this available !!!!

Robert,

That is really good that you attend services with her!  Do you know what you have found?

Here's how the Scriptures describe her in Proverbs 31:

10 Кто найдет добродетельную жену? цена ее выше жемчугов; 
11 уверено в ней сердце мужа ее, и он не останется без прибытка; 
12 она воздает ему добром, а не злом, во все дни жизни своей. 
13 Добывает шерсть и лен, и с охотою работает своими руками. 
14 Она, как купеческие корабли, издалека добывает хлеб свой. 
15 Она встает еще ночью и раздает пищу в доме своем и урочное служанкам своим. 
16 Задумает она о поле, и приобретает его; от плодов рук своих насаждает виноградник. 
17 Препоясывает силою чресла свои и укрепляет мышцы свои. 
18 Она чувствует, что занятие ее хорошо, и--светильник ее не гаснет и ночью. 
19 Протягивает руки свои к прялке, и персты ее берутся за веретено. 
20 Длань свою она открывает бедному, и руку свою подает нуждающемуся. 
21 Не боится стужи для семьи своей, потому что вся семья ее одета в двойные одежды. 
22 Она делает себе ковры; виссон и пурпур--одежда ее. 
23 Муж ее известен у ворот, когда сидит со старейшинами земли. 
24 Она делает покрывала и продает, и поясы доставляет купцам Финикийским. 
25 Крепость и красота--одежда ее, и весело смотрит она на будущее. 
26 Уста свои открывает с мудростью, и кроткое наставление на языке ее. 
27 Она наблюдает за хозяйством в доме своем и не ест хлеба праздности. 
28 Встают дети и ублажают ее, --муж, и хвалит ее: 
29 `много было жен добродетельных, но ты превзошла всех их'. 
30 Миловидность обманчива и красота суетна; но жена, боящаяся Господа, достойна хвалы. 
31 Дайте ей от плода рук ее, и да прославят ее у ворот дела ее!

Cheers,

Christian

Offline Christian

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2008, 09:25:14 AM »
Christian, very true.  Just don't rely on the electronic translators too heavily as they have no way to sort out the context and thinking patterns and that means they leave a lot out of which you intended.  See you on the Language thread!

Jim

Менделеев,

я намерен был соклащать и приклеивать текст из Ruslang на доску. у вас совет о упражнениах на доске помагает мне еще долее чтобы наставить. Еще истреблю учебники и библую о помаше.
у вас наставление на доске о употреблений Ruslang(ом)очень услужливое.

христианин

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2008, 11:44:17 AM »
Christian, It was nice that you posted the Proverbs 31 woman!  One of my first goals in learning better Russian was to read the Bible and our Orthodox liturgy book in Russian.  I've just posted on the language thread a great link where the Scripturs are already translated.

Offline Christian

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »
Christian, It was nice that you posted the Proverbs 31 woman!  One of my first goals in learning better Russian was to read the Bible and our Orthodox liturgy book in Russian.  I've just posted on the language thread a great link where the Scripturs are already translated.

хорошо мой брат!

христианин  :reading:

Offline Olga

« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2008, 02:36:17 PM »
Еще истреблю учебники и библую о помаше.

Translation: Also I exterminate the textbooks and библую (I guess it is Bible) about помаше (What is a pomasher?)  :laugh:

Christian, please don't do it  :)

Offline Olga

« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2008, 03:00:41 PM »

Here's how the Scriptures describe her in Proverbs 31:

If we talk about a woman in general so the Russian депутат of the Дума Vladimir Zhirinovsky introduced into practice a new version of saying about a woman: A woman is a friend of a man (of a human being) right away after dog and horse  ;D

Offline Christian

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »
Translation: Also I exterminate the textbooks and библую (I guess it is Bible) about помаше (What is a pomasher?)  :laugh:

Christian, please don't do it  :)

Greetings Olga,

I guess my language was vague.  I meant it in a figurative way.  It is an echo of what a professor of mine use to say to me about new books.  What he meant was if it remains brand new looking it hasn't served its purpose.  Broken bindings and dog-eared pages were his delight.  An his students better follow suit.

Cheers,

Christian

Offline Christian

« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
If we talk about a woman in general so the Russian депутат of the Дума Vladimir Zhirinovsky introduced into practice a new version of saying about a woman: A woman is a friend of a man (of a human being) right away after dog and horse  ;D

Well, Olga, if one doen't steal, one need not fear - maybe?!  I know a dog is proverbally man's best friend and a horse well, they are very expensive to own.  But why third in the list stumps me.  Is he gay and just covering all the political bases?

Cheers,

Christian

Offline franklloyd

• my wife Marina R, her married UW friend Irina L
    • my firm: Architects Northwest, Inc
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
Hello everybody.

Franklloyd here from Bothell, WA, USA and RWGuide.com.

DonAz sent me a PM on RWG about this site months ago, but I don't log into RWG unless I want to post, and I only post once a month (due to the deterioration of that site) on my own long-running thread in the married section describing life with my wife Marina from Omsk.

Marina will be 32 in two weeks, I'm 50. We were married 9/11/04 in Omsk. No previous marriages or kids for either of us. Marina arrived in the USA on 3/8/06; almost two years now. She has her 10-yr green card. Things are going very well. We are building a house, trying for a baby, and enjoying married life.

Franklloyd
At 20 years of age the will reigns, at 30 the wit, at 40 the judgment. - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chris

« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 04:29:41 AM »
Welcome Frank, good to see you here

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline ForgeMaster

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2008, 01:08:37 PM »
Glad to see you here, Frank
ForgeMaster
FirstMember

Offline Manny

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »
Great to see you here Frank!  :bow:

Your TR would make a great tale over here before they pull the plug on the old RWG.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Christian

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
Hello everybody.

Franklloyd here from Bothell, WA, USA and RWGuide.com.

DonAz sent me a PM on RWG about this site months ago, but I don't log into RWG unless I want to post, and I only post once a month (due to the deterioration of that site) on my own long-running thread in the married section describing life with my wife Marina from Omsk.

Marina will be 32 in two weeks, I'm 50. We were married 9/11/04 in Omsk. No previous marriages or kids for either of us. Marina arrived in the USA on 3/8/06; almost two years now. She has her 10-yr green card. Things are going very well. We are building a house, trying for a baby, and enjoying married life.

Franklloyd

Dear Franklloyd and Marina,

I am so glad for you both that your marriage is going so well.  The very best to you both and may God bless.

Christain  :)

Offline AkMike

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2008, 12:11:39 PM »
Howdy Folks!
 Just found this place after a mention of it in another forum in a post about the sad passing of Doug Salem.
Bad deal and he'll be missed. He added to this life!
 I've been at this awhile and scored bigtime by finding my lady already. We've been married just over 3 years and both of us are very happy about it.
 I hope to help others work thru the pitfalls of the FSU women as I was helped back when I did it.
Thomas Jefferson Quotation, "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Offline Chris

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »
Howdy Folks!
 Just found this place after a mention of it in another forum in a post about the sad passing of Doug Salem.
Bad deal and he'll be missed. He added to this life!
 I've been at this awhile and scored bigtime by finding my lady already. We've been married just over 3 years and both of us are very happy about it.
 I hope to help others work thru the pitfalls of the FSU women as I was helped back when I did it.

Great to have you here Mike, always good to have experienced guys like yourself and your lovely wife 'T' around. Plus I don't think we have any one from Alaska yet here  ;D

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline AkMike

« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:32 PM »
Actually the only other folks from AK went to Hawaii for the winter. We're the only ones here... (j/k)
Thomas Jefferson Quotation, "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Offline Chris

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »
Actually the only other folks from AK went to Hawaii for the winter. We're the only ones here... (j/k)

LOL

BTW Mike I have extended my next stay in Ukraine through to April 5th, in fact I will spend most of the day at Kiev airport on the 5th if you are around the place?? or close by? You said a while back you may be in Kiev early April.
Слава Україні

Offline AkMike

« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2008, 12:42:24 PM »
KRAP!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

We just got the tickets last week after alot of BS from a cousin over dates. We're leading a tour for family and friends to show them Ukraine for 2 weeks. And we're arriving at KBP on the 9th but we get to stay til the 12th of May.
If I would have only known a week ago.. :(

Offline Chris

« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2008, 12:51:16 PM »
OH well another time maybe :) have a great trip Mike.
Слава Україні

Offline AkMike

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »
It'll be interesting.. This 1 cousin is a royal PITA

Registration