The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Flower delivery in Russia and Ukraine.  (Read 26375 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Trips: Resident
Flower delivery in Russia and Ukraine.
« on: April 13, 2007, 09:50:49 PM »
Below are a few posts we collated from different threads detailing flower delivery services that either people have used or services offered by contributing members here.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Flower delivery in Russia and Ukraine.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 03:39:39 PM »
Has anyone used Flowers to Russia 

About two weeks ago I placed an order with them for delivery of a big bunch of flowers in a glass vase to my lady in Chernivsty. They were supposed to be delivered yesterday her birthday.  :)

At 10pm her time last night they had still not been delivered, so I fired off a complaint direct to their office asking for an explanation and a refund. I was not happy, >:(  but to give them their due, they replied within an hour and said they would look into it.

This morning when I logged in to my emails I had two more emails from them saying it was the local florist that was at fault as they had not carried out the order, so I told them that was not my concern and I wanted a full refund, they replied again within a about 20 minutes saying they would give me a full refund and also deliver to my lady a complimentary bouquet. I agreed and told them I expected the flowers to be delivered today, even though a day late and a full refund within 48 hours.

About an hour later they emailed me confirmation of my refund, and tonight they delivered a complimentary bouquet, ok they are not what I ordered, but my lady was happy and understood and I got extra brownie points for effort from her :)

So although they messed up, I have to say that their customer service in trying to rectify the situation was excellent.

Just thought I would pass that on to others as they deliver to most cities in the Ukraine, Russia and Belarus and most of the Stans, etc
Слава Україні

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 05:13:40 PM »
I have always used www.roses.ru.

No bad experiences so far!
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 05:39:19 PM »
I always use my own people.  Next time you need flowers delivered in Chernivsty holler at me.  I think a "local florist" only cares about getting the flowers to an address. We deliver the flowers as well and a card from the guy, will take the ladies photo if she allows us, but we also look around,....is that a boyfriend in the flat with her?  Maybe her husband!  Is she living at home with mom and dad as the client thinks, or what?

We approach every flower delivery as a representative of our client and checking out the surroundings as much as possible. If the lady is not home, we talk to the neighbors, ask questions (not your typical local florist).  Now for any guys who has been to his ladies flat, knows she is on the up and up, this is not such a big deal but I think probably over 85% of our flower deliveries are to locations the client has never been to.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 10:56:02 PM »
Hi Jack!  Nice to see you here.  I've think we've used FlowersToRussia a few times and had excellent service.  I've had very good luck with www.Russianflora.com which is also the same system as www.flowers2moscow.com.   Is is just my imagination or are these guys all related or on the same delivery system?  Had a few experiences like described earlier and Russianflora was very quick to respond with refunds, free flowers or additional services for free.  When it comes to cakes, fruit baskets and champagne it seems to me that they are more reasonably priced that some of the other services at least in the Moscow area.

I'm sure that each of us would agree that the best kind of delivery is to deliver them personally!  But it's nice to have dependable services for those times when we can't be there.   It's helped score points to make certain to remember my MIL's birthday and major holidays with flowers and/or cakes and champagne.  Sure they have been I felt like delivering an even 12 Yellow roses, but then regained my sanity and passed on such an urge.   :smokin:

Offline BucBud

• USAFSSRET
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 11:17:36 AM »
I always used     flowerstorussia.com   - never had any problem, all were delivered when I requested

Offline jjc

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 05:55:23 AM »
I just used    http://www.roses.ru/  with 4 days notice, they delivered on time, with a 9am phone call first. She was very happy, and that makes me happy. Price was reasonable, and also they have everything in English on the web page.

Offline P356

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:16:39 AM »
I use this service http://www.ukraine-flower.com/ many times and have never had a problem.  They will email you
in a day or two of delievery sometimes on the same day.

Offline Ladagirl

• Meet Russian and Ukrainian Girls
  • Spouses Country: UK
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »
Only in Samara and Togliatti.

We are able to offer a variety of services and support for gentlemen corresponding with ladies in Samara and Togliatti, as well as visitors to this part of Russia. Our many friends and contacts in the area allow us to offer flower, chocolate and gift delivery services at very reasonable prices.

Delivery is by taxi by the florist personally. More information can be seen on our Togliatti page.

Offline MrMann

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 05:47:35 PM »
I've used www.floraqueen.com a couple of times

No complaints, and the quality is very good

They even managed to sew a message in Russian for me onto a teddy bear

Offline LuganskUkraine

• Commercial Member
    • www.LuganskUkraine.info
Flower delivery in Lugansk and some other cities of Ukraine.
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 02:45:58 AM »
I do flower deliveries in Lugansk myself, you can check the full description of the service here http://www.luganskukraine.info/flower-delivery-lugansk-ukraine.aspx

You can order the delivery of flowers and other presents to people living in Lugansk and small towns close to Lugansk, like Lutugino, Alchevsk, Antracit, Aleksandrovsk, Metalist, Schastye. The price for simple flower arrangements starts from $35. You can check the examples of flowers available at the flower shops of Lugansk today. Just click the icons on the side of the photo to view big size picture. The price for 11 roses is $65.

Delivery procedure. For delivery, I need the full name of the lady you are sending flowers to and her address. It can be a surprise delivery, in this case the time of delivery is between 7pm and 9pm when people are usually back home from work. Express delivery can be done within 1 hour after I get your request by phone. Usually, I deliver same day I get the payment or the day you specify.

Why order with me? I am not dealing with any dating or any other type of translation agency. I am the independent 3rd party who can tell you the objective opinion. When I deliver flowers or presents, I check the ID of the person, this is a standard procedure any delivery company should do, but not always do. I am not leaving the presents to parents or friends, I only deliver to the person you specified. When I deliver I also take a photo of the girl with your present as confirmation, no additional costs for that, it's free. With a present or flowers you are also allowed to send a letter, I translate it in Russian, you can put all your contact details there, it's also free.

Benefits. Using this simple delivery service you check the address, photo and ID of the person, and make sure that the receiver gets your contact details

Offline Chillidog

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »
I have been using for the last 2+ years www.russianservice.com and have always been happy with their services
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-Dalai Lama-

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 07:25:13 PM »
I use this service http://www.ukraine-flower.com/ many times and have never had a problem.  They will email you
in a day or two of delievery sometimes on the same day.

Besides this one, how many others have service to Ukraine?

Offline Corp

Flower delivery in Saint Petersburg
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 10:05:20 PM »
If you need Flowers delivered in St Petersburg, let me know as my Mother in Law has a small side business putting a personal touch in such tasks at a lower price than the bigger services ...... and you can pay via Paypal.
"Ah Courtship, It Really is Theater..."

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
March 8 is coming
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 01:18:41 AM »
I can arrange flowers delivery in Odessa and possibly in Simferopol and Nikolayev. My fee is €50 and the flowers are about €3 a rose. Don't waste time because it's just ten days. PM me if you are interested.
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Excedryn

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »
I have used this site http://www.flowersto*Unapproved Link*/ and was very impressed with the service. It is quite easy to be skeptical of using online services I know. These folks took the time to call me in the states to confirm my order which was delivered on the day I requested. I will definitely use them again.
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure.
Helen Keller
US blind & deaf educator (1880 - 1968)

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 10:43:52 PM »
I used them too in the past and was happy with them too :)

Another good one (that also delivers to other countries) I personally have good experience with:
http://www.giftsnideas.com/

You can often find discount codes/coupons for them online, giving you 10-15% discount and/or free delivery :) Just search on Google for "giftsnideas discount code" :)

Offline Tim1970

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 04:45:04 AM »
I used flowers2moscow.com to send flowers to Moscow and topetersburgwithlove.com for flower delivery in St. Petersburg. flowers2moscow was a little expensive but the fruit basket they delivered was fresh. topetersburgwithlove delivered a gorgeous bouquet (they sent a picture free). The guy who runs the site is a Brit and he's been living in Russia for 8 years. He's been very helpful with other stuff too - questions about taxi fare from the airport, visa registration issues, guides for St. Petersburg, etc. and I highly reccomend his service. The site is : www.topetersburgwithlove.com   

For Moscow it was : flowers2moscow.com

Offline mendeleyev

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 09:19:33 AM »
Tim, I too like flowers2moscow.com.  tiphat  When Mrs M is in Moscow I always send her flowers (she has a business there) and have been a customer enough years that they give us great customer service, above and beyond what might be normal for the FSU.

Offline rubrides-atw2

• Commercial Member
    • Russian Brides Across the World
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
When I "wooed" the Mrs, I used roses.ru, and had very good experiences. No problems what so ever! After a while, I (or rather we) found a local delivery service in Vladivostok (where the Mrs lived), who was very good.

If anyone wants flowers delivered to Vladivostok pm me and we can help out.

John

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2010, 09:39:56 AM »
I've used roses.ru and pickupflowers.com - the latter was more reasonably priced at the time, but it seems YMMV.  A quick look right now shows they have the same "problem" as others do, with seriously inflated prices.  I had looked at a few other places, but the two above stood out to me on selection and pricing, even if still significantly overpriced IMO.

Offline clancyhound

• Spouses Country: Russia / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 07:04:52 PM »
In Chelyabinsk I have used

http://www.buket74.ru/

Local shop, quality flowers, no issues with delivery.

Russian language only.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 10:55:25 PM »
St. Valentine is coming. It’s a good reason to bring flowers to a lady. I still charge €50 for the delivery in Odessa and €10 for flowers would be a good guess, which makes €60 or $85.
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 01:38:13 AM »
There are a few days left!
Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
    • OdessaGuide.Net
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2011, 11:27:19 PM »
Don't miss the 8th of March. If your lady is in Odessa or Simferopol I can help.
Igor Kalinin
www.odessaguide.net