The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

As a Male - What do you consider a large age difference?

More than 5 years
2 (3.4%)
More than 10 years
12 (20.3%)
More than 15 years
17 (28.8%)
More than 20 years
16 (27.1%)
More than 25 years
2 (3.4%)
More than 30 years
0 (0%)
More than 40 years
0 (0%)
No preference, age is between the two people concerned!
10 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Ye Olde Age Difference Male Poll  (Read 19823 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Ye Olde Age Difference Male Poll
« Reply #175 on: May 26, 2023, 09:57:23 AM »
Yes, i am in a risky situation for what will be ten years this July according to this. Is life any fun without a few risks?

You are what's called an outlier*. Your situation is totally different than 100% of
the married men here at the site, and 99% of the single men who tried to copy 
your situation would fail. When I give advice or make comments, I do so based on
the theory that newbies could read it and try to successfully replicate. I don't provide general advice for unicorns because there are too few of them to consider. 

*Outlier: A person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline Turboguy

• Trips: 20+
Re: Ye Olde Age Difference Male Poll
« Reply #176 on: May 26, 2023, 01:14:32 PM »
Having once been the poster child for age differences I will update my situation.   My wife and I are now divorced.   We did make it for 15 years which is longer than many do even without the 37 1/2 year age difference my wife and I had.  I do think it was the age difference that finally caught up with us.   Once I got near the 80 mark (now 81) I think she started to consider that she would end up being a care giver.  The good side is she and I are still close friends and she even still works in my business 1 day a week.  I think both of us gained from those 15 years and I don't regret it at all. 

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2023, 02:34:51 PM »
Having once been the poster child for age differences I will update my situation.   My wife and I are now divorced.   We did make it for 15 years which is longer than many do even without the 37 1/2 year age difference my wife and I had.  I do think it was the age difference that finally caught up with us.   Once I got near the 80 mark (now 81) I think she started to consider that she would end up being a care giver.  The good side is she and I are still close friends and she even still works in my business 1 day a week.  I think both of us gained from those 15 years and I don't regret it at all.

37.5 year age difference, that's gotta be a record in most fields. I hope you're well and living life as you should!

:BEER:

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2023, 07:10:35 PM »

There's a blast from the past! Glad to see you posting again Turboguy! Stick around why don't you?!!

Sorry to hear that you are now divorced, but you have a terrific disposition on the situation.

Let it be known that Turboguy sent me his old Russian tapes (well, okay disks) and some great Russian language books. Am I fluent in Russian now? No. But I learned some bits and pieces for the investment of exactly $0 thanks to this guy's generous "pay it forward" attitude.
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2023, 07:35:18 PM »
I was hoping that this thread would generate at least some opinions.

That didn't work, so I will start.

Each man has what should be considered a package.

1. Looks: How purdy are you?
2. Physique: This includes height, weight, muscles, stanima or the lack thereof.
3. Social skills: How can you function in a social situation with men and women
Especially women
4. FSU experience: Have you dated one of these creatures before?
5. Language: Can you say more than Da ili nyet? Do you know what ili means?
Can you read any Cyrillic?
6. Living/Lifestyle?
Do you live on a beach in Hawaii? (good) in Nome Alaska (bad) in your
mothers basement (bad) Last wife was eaten by a crocodile (bad) local
cannibals (bad) The oil fields of Norf Dakoty (bad) member of a cult (bad)
7. How much time, money and energy can you spend on this pursuit?
Two weeks of vacation per year and using credit cards to pay for it
is dividing by zero, living on the moon without a space helmet, getting into
a shootout without a gun or bullets. Stop! Fix your situation then come back
only after you fixed it. 

Assign a value to each of these things from one to five and add up your points
then divide by 7. This is your value number. 

Take your age, subtract 10 years then subtract your value number. This is your
X factor. NOTE: if your value number is less than 3 then you add your value
number to get your X factor.

Do not pursue a woman who is younger than your X factor. If you do you are
in a risky situation. That doesn't mean you are doomed, but you are probably
doomed.

What a funny math!!!
Do you know that all the most complicated computer calculations and all artificial intelligence are based on presence of ZERO or ONE?
So, logic is simple.
If there is no love, it’s ZERO. Move where you can find ONE.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2023, 07:37:31 PM »

Take it easy.
Divorce is always a great opportunity to find a better spouse.
I believe in you. You are Turbo!!!

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #181 on: May 27, 2023, 06:39:29 PM »
What funny math!!!
Do you know that all the most complicated computer calculations and all artificial intelligence are based on presence of ZERO or ONE?
So, logic is simple.

I agree, but falling in love from afar is not really mutual love until you meet
them and spend significant time together. I visited my Angel Eyes 4 times
in a year, then she visited me twice the next year.

Agencies tell older men lies to get them to spend money through the agency.
It's a fantasy to believe that a twenty year old girl will want to spend forever
with a 50-60 year old man. If men don't write or pursue 20 year old girls then
they won't waste their time giving them a better chance to meet a real woman
that they have a real chance with. That's the essence of my point for men.
Give yourself the best chance* to find a girl with a heart of gold.

My Angel Eyes is 13 years younger than I am. I am more handsome than a
shaved monkey, I am taller than average, can make a girl laugh AND I was
the real deal who would get on a plane to visit them. I visited Angel Eyes
4 times in a year, then she came to visit me twice in the US. I wasn't going
to put her back on a plane to Russia, so I drove her to Las Vegas and married
her.

*Learn some Russian, go to the gym, and don't chase girls who were playing
with dolls just a few years ago.

2tallbills theory #37
20 year old girls are just like bread that has been in the oven for 10 minutes.
They look good and smell good on the outside, but they aren't done on the
inside yet.

2tallbills theory #2
You can compromise on anything when pursuing a woman except for character.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Bodine

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2023, 09:04:46 AM »
Taking another survey lately, all (15-20) the WM/FSUW marriages we’ve come to know and had associated with since I got myself in this are divorced. ALL but 3, on average, have <5 year difference in age. There was one that had 30, that didn’t even make it past the 2-year mark.

The 3 that are still married today, happily if I may add, one couple are both Russian, one have a 18 year age gap. We are approaching the same number of years being married at the same number of years in our age difference, 20+ years.

Make my anecdotal summary above what you will as I have no intention of making this an advice, suggestion or recommendation as I have no idea what makes each man what they are, and how they are socially. More importantly, how they handle themselves within a relationship.

I married a very young and gorgeous woman from Russia and we live by the coastal region of so. California right in the heart of LaLa land. I have never done anything in my bachelor years outside of LA that I couldn’t handle at home when it came to relating with women - from legal age on up - as long as they pass the Barbie meter in my eyes. 

In the FSU, or anywhere else in the world or the US, I never paid any attention to all these silly rules - age rules, apartment v hotel, etc. I did what I was comfortable to do myself. All I had ever told folks involved in this was never abandon your instinct. That is the guiding system you’ve developed for yourself in the years you’ve lived your life. All I ever told my friends here at home when they ask, I tell them there’s no substitute to marrying a person within your culture.

I also didn’t bring Russia in our home when my wife arrived. Didn’t treat her any different because she’s ‘Russian’. I married a wonderful woman from Russia because of the person she is, not because she’s Russian. I supported my wife to find and establish her own self and grow within our Union and partnership.

Offline Lord of the Dance

• Supporting Hero Member
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2023, 09:59:48 AM »
Taking another survey lately, all (15-20) the WM/FSUW marriages we’ve come to know and had associated with since I got myself in this are divorced. ALL but 3, on average, have <5 year difference in age. There was one that had 30, that didn’t even make it past the 2-year mark.

The 3 that are still married today, happily if I may add, one couple are both Russian, one have a 18 year age gap. We are approaching the same number of years being married at the same number of years in our age difference, 20+ years.

Make my anecdotal summary above what you will as I have no intention of making this an advice, suggestion or recommendation as I have no idea what makes each man what they are, and how they are socially. More importantly, how they handle themselves within a relationship.

I married a very young and gorgeous woman from Russia and we live by the coastal region of so. California right in the heart of LaLa land. I have never done anything in my bachelor years outside of LA that I couldn’t handle at home when it came to relating with women - from legal age on up - as long as they pass the Barbie meter in my eyes. 

In the FSU, or anywhere else in the world or the US, I never paid any attention to all these silly rules - age rules, apartment v hotel, etc. I did what I was comfortable to do myself. All I had ever told folks involved in this was never abandon your instinct. That is the guiding system you’ve developed for yourself in the years you’ve lived your life. All I ever told my friends here at home when they ask, I tell them there’s no substitute to marrying a person within your culture.

I also didn’t bring Russia in our home when my wife arrived. Didn’t treat her any different because she’s ‘Russian’. I married a wonderful woman from Russia because of the person she is, not because she’s Russian. I supported my wife to find and establish her own self and grow within our Union and partnership.

One of the more sensible posts I've read on here in a while.  :thumbsup:
"My soul cries out with a joyful shout that the God of my heart is great, and my spirit sings of the wondrous things that you bring to the ones who wait." - Canticle of the Turning

Online 2tallbill

Ye Olde Age Difference Male Poll
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2023, 10:16:41 AM »
I never paid any attention to all these silly rules - age rules, apartment v hotel, etc. I did what I was comfortable to do myself. All I had ever told folks involved in this was never abandon your instinct. That is the guiding system you’ve developed for yourself in the years you’ve lived your life. All I ever told my friends here at home when they ask, I tell them there’s no substitute to marrying a person within your culture.

The rules are really just guidelines for Newbies. If you are 60 and chasing a 19 year
old girl, you should spend a few minutes asking yourself what's in it for her? If you
live in your mothers basement you probably need to get your life straightened out
BEFORE you bring others into it. There are always, always going to be exceptions.

Registration