The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: OPRAH ALERT: Ukranian 'mail order brides'  (Read 4553 times)

Offline Jared2151

OPRAH ALERT: Ukranian 'mail order brides'
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:02:54 AM »

I just heard that OPRAH will be airing a show today ( 1/13/2010 ) about 'mail order brides'
from Ukraine. ( 16:00 EST )

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: OPRAH ALERT: Ukranian 'mail order brides'
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 10:11:36 AM »
Is it the one Donhollio is in?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<<

"He wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out. He reckons that's a great idea. The Chinese built a wall centuries ago - there ain't many Mexicans over there." ~ Kevin Bloody Wilson

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »

I believe that was the Tyra Banks show

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 11:38:11 AM »
The show is not about mailorder brides ! what the show is about a book, Info on the show

.Wednesday, January 13, 2010
"Marriage Around the World"

Oprah takes a look at marriage around the world and speaks with Elizabeth Gilbert about her latest book.

Offline AkMike

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 11:43:32 AM »
Oh GOOD! I was afraid that she'd sit on the country and then...., No More Ukraine..
Thomas Jefferson Quotation, "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Offline Donhollio

Re: OPRAH ALERT Editted post
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »

:chuckle2:  .......   Thanks for the honourable mention Manny   :prophead:

The big O will be circling the globe from what I gather in her marriage show.

http://www.wisn.com/entertainment/1398255/detail.html

To add...
 Age gap , 51yo with a 19yo. Still married 6 years later,and she was only looking for a free ride to the USA. :coffeeread:
But things all seem cool with the two of them.  Vinni there is still hope maybe go for a younger one :) She was from Dnepropetrovsk, the TV crew went there, and she was walking around the river walk and in the centre near Lenin !  It was nice to see the Metro station has still not been finished after all these years :drunk:

Offline Halo

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 02:30:02 PM »
[ Age gap , 51yo with a 19yo. Still married 6 years later,and she was only looking for a free ride to the USA.

I saw a clip of the Oprah show.  That particular bride said she was looking for a foreigner to get out of her country (not so directly, but pretty much sums it up).  Her husband is a wealthy art dealer with a penthouse in Manhatten.  They really skirted around the issue of "love", and neither answered that question when asked directly.

Offline clarkanderso12

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
thanks for the post

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 04:12:32 AM »
[ Age gap , 51yo with a 19yo. Still married 6 years later,and she was only looking for a free ride to the USA.

I saw a clip of the Oprah show.  That particular bride said she was looking for a foreigner to get out of her country (not so directly, but pretty much sums it up).  Her husband is a wealthy art dealer with a penthouse in Manhatten.  They really skirted around the issue of "love", and neither answered that question when asked directly.

Never saw this thread before, fairly certain I know the dealer in fact he looks better than his "art"

As for her she seems to enjoy the life style but I thought she was about 10 years older than the 29 she is today.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot