The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Any insights on investing in property in Yekaterinburg  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Gipsy

Re: Any insights on investing in property in Yekaterinburg
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 04:35:31 AM »
Number one thing on the list of silly things blokes do:
Buy real estate in somebody else's name.
When you do that you are giving that person a gift of that property and you will have no recourse if you change your mind. If you buy a place it will be hers, not yours.

That is correct, even if you are living together.
However, if you are married, then the property (although in her name) belongs to each of you, 50/50, that is provided the property was purchased AFTER the marriage.
In the event of a divorce, anything bought before the marriage or inherited or gifted, belongs to the partner stays with the partner unless part of it is "gifted" to the other partner, or if the "other" partner has contributed significantly to any improvements and can substantiate this with evidence in said name.
In the event of death, its a  different scenario.

Btw, 1 room app's within the EKAD of Ekaterinburg, new build, in construction, near completion, completed, up to approx. 7 yrs old, can be bought starting at about 1.7m/r upwards.

HTH..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 06:40:41 AM »
Doing stuff married is different to before. But I think our hero was entering a mindset where he bought before even getting married.

Another thought is this: whilst I am certain that all the women who you think of marrying are paragons of virtue, some people are not completely honest. It is not hard to imagine the possibility of a person agreeing to marriage knowing that real estate was in the offing. When divorce occurs, no matter that she is supposed to give up half the property, what's a guy going to do from his Fortress of Solitude in the Land of the Free?

In a perfect world perfect outcomes are expected. In the real world life and outcomes are far more likely to be imperfect.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Noypioz

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 05:20:34 AM »
Doing stuff married is different to before. But I think our hero was entering a mindset where he bought before even getting married.

Why on earth would your hero think of that Andrew??? Tsk..tsk..tsk  :'(
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Mark Twain.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 10:31:51 AM »

Why on earth would your hero think of that Andrew??? Tsk..tsk..tsk  :'(

I hope you were not but from the words you chose to write I drew an inference that led me to write as I did.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!