The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Annushka

Re: Game Set and Match for RUSSIA by offering FREE VISA?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 10:30:12 PM »
last experience with OVIR in UFA. What happened there then!

When I visited the Visa Office in London, my wife had to come with me to make an invitation....

"I Mrs Wiz, Address, invite my Husband Mr Wiz, Address, to visit me in OUR  house...... etc" :rolleye0009: :sick0012:

We were given a new Landing Card (Similar to the British) to use. I used my PC to fill it and overprint so No mistakes..... (I already had a copy of the old Version with the tiny letter printed) so.... when we arrived in Moscow....I gave our New Landing card..... officer look at them and called a supervisor....... who told him that it's  correct, so he stamped them.

In UFA the OVIR office was a couple of tram stops down the road....so we went there next day, on the way to the shopping centre.....and found out that the office had moved to the other side of the town.

Mrs Wiz called OVIR to find details and was told the office will be open next day.

Next day around 11am got a taxi and went there....... and found the offices closed....wife spoke to a policeman on the door.....who asked her to give him the passport and landing card... went inside checked.... and came out to tell my wife that the Landing card was not the correct one. He told her to go to the airport and ask for an old  blank one... and come back. Wife pointed out the Moscow Stamp on the Card..... No good.

By then I got very angry, asked my passport back....and card, (took his number) and told my wife let's go and he can F...off, in English and walked to our Taxi.

Typical Russian woman.....continued asking him questions but never crossed her mind that he was after a bribe, something that I have never done in my life and told her later.

He told  her.... comeback with the blank card,,,, tomorrow without the Anglichiani......... I NEVER went back.... and in Moscow I had no problem whatsoever. Obviously they are used to this behaviour, as I did not offer any bribe i UFA!

To be honest I told her I will not go back to Ufa because too much hassle and money, and I think it's better having own time with mama, family and friends. Never bothered learning good Russian.....so never went back. Now you know.

tiphat

Wow! How much passion!
In accordance with the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, the OVIR has the right to rest. Sunday and Monday. The security agency has nothing to do with OVIR. Your lady did not know? The guard does not have the right to take your documents! What kind of bribe are you talking about? Why do not you go to the Post and make a telegram to the OVIR on registration? Saving money?
By the way, nature is posh in UFA!

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 12:48:07 AM »
Wiz,

The OVIR haven't existed for years - such matters can be handled - in minutes - at the Post Office in Sochi - or at the FMS 

Currently, there is a special regime in place that means even RUSSIANS need to register if the arrive in a city that has hosted a World Cup game and they stay 72 hours or more - finishes two weeks after the tournament is over. One has to go to the FMS and processing of international passports has all but ceased - due to the demand - causing stress to those who wanted to go abroad for a holiday

Online Wiz

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 03:19:25 AM »

Wow! How much passion!
In accordance with the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, the OVIR has the right to rest. Sunday and Monday. The security agency has nothing to do with OVIR. Your lady did not know? The guard does not have the right to take your documents! What kind of bribe are you talking about? Why do not you go to the Post and make a telegram to the OVIR on registration? Saving money?
By the way, nature is posh in UFA!

Dear Annushka

I am sorry but you appear to be unaware of what actually was/is going on in your country, like most Russian women who meet foreign men.

I have been in the travel business for over 35 years and have travelled in almost every country in Europe, USA and Canada. I was born in Greece, where corruption is wide spread in many levels and the same applies in your country too. In every country you will find corruption in various levels and in some countries, like UK, it's more sophisticated than others. In Russia low level corruption is mostly what I have experienced during my travels. Your dictionary has over 15000 words originated from the Greek vocabulary so I understand quite a lot, despite that I cannot speak speak the language.

For your information, in almost every European country there is not a requirement for registration, by tourist visitors with the police, expect in certain long term stay periods, neither to have a propiska.

Outside of any OVIR and many other Government offices they have a sign regarding opening days/hours of work and it's not difficult to understand it. AS you say Sundays and Mondays are closed..... and learned that from my first visit to Russia.

When we visited the OVIR office it was wednesday.... and my wife called the day before to make sure they are open. The officer why "tried" to help it was clear that he was after a small bribe... and if I had put inside my passport 300 -500 Rubles, I would have had my landing card stamped.  :nod:

While I am writing this message, I noticed Moby posted a message and to make sure he has a reply here is my first OVIR learning experience.

Before meeting my wife, I was dating another woman, a doctor in Sterlitamak and he knows which one I am talking about!. No need for names and that was back in 2006.

When I first arrived, we prepared all forms (in English) and next day we went around from many offices etc until finally she learned where we should go to register... but it was closed.

Next day she had to go to work and she was coming back after 2.pm. I had nothing to do so I decided to visit the place, 2 tram stops down, thinking that as they are the Aliens department... must speak English and went to OVIR. A nice policeman on the door showed me where to go and when my turn come I went into the office.

A nice young lady realised I was a foreigner, spoke to me in English.... and told me that the form must be filled in Russian, she got out of her desk, I followed her, got to a window and got a new form for 20 Kopicas and then she took me to another office, asked a lady to complete the form for me and when she finished I went back to her office. She checked the form, put some stamp and told me to go around to the boss's  office, who "speak English"....... to sign it!

Many people were waiting but I was cheeky and went at the front of the queue, right at the door. When he finished he called me in..... and to my surprise he asked me to sit down on a chair next to his office. He asked me a few questions.... for the purpose of my visit.... and then signed the form. Typical Greek, I went round the corner and bought 2 boxes of chocolates......and gave it to the 2 ladies they had helped me with a lot of Spaciba  ;D

After that every time I visited her again (6 times) .... I always went on my own!
and became friendly with the Boss, Alexei...... who I met again in UFA later.

When back home I used my PC, installed the Russian alphabet and using the Acrobat made PDF forms and print them in advance.

Moby those years they just had started the Post office registration, tried once, no English, peeved off and went back to OVIR. My last visit to Russia was in 2010 and you know the rest.

On the Tuesday 10 June 2007, I arrived to UFA to get married to Hanna on Saturday the 14 of June. On the way to Hanna's home I asked my taxidriver Ivan to take me to the local OVIR office. Passport and unsigned form in had, went in and Cheeky as usual, went to the front of the queue, where to my surprise..... Alexei was there.......I said hello and told him I am back to get married...he said something in Russian and a blond girl opened another window. Took all papers and pointed to me that the form was unsigned ... so cheeky I signed it!.... she took the papers to Alexei... he signed them, probably told her get rid of him....as the queue waiting was too long, so I arrived home, with all papers ready. Hanna was very surprised.... but kept my mouth shut how did I do it!

I never bought anything for or paid bribe to Alexei......it appears he was a well travelled person and very gentleman and friendly.

MOBY: As a frequent traveller abroad and to Sochi do you think if the Russians make visa free or on arrival, will benefit the whole Russia immensely?

What it's your take?

Watching this video... I don't think they have nice sandy beaches in the Black sea!

PS: Looking at the right of the screen this one looks out of all proportions and speak English !...... must be well travelled! 

Read her profile.....
I'm an unusual girl, I'll tell you right away. I'm not a calm harbor. With me you'll be like on a roller coaster, I'll keep you toned and you'll feel the taste of life, I'll fill your life with all sorts of colors. Believe I'm the girl with a surprise and I have something to surprise you.
http://loveme.com/mp/info12.htm

:ROFL:

Online msmoby

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 06:12:14 AM »
1/ OVIR hasn't existed for YEARS

2/ You can go to the post office and do want you need in minutes

Hmm - guess who's not been to Russia in a while

Offline Annushka

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 07:17:41 AM »
Wiz,
A week ago, I was at the Main Office for Migration Issues, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. I make my new foreign passport. I was on the record on the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Without any bribes!
In Russia, everyone cherishes their workplace! No one will risk being out of work for 300-500 rubles! I know this from within the supervisory bodies. I have more than 10 years of experience in the Sanitary and Environmental Inspections.
But I will not argue with you. I appreciate my personal time. tiphat

Online Wiz

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 08:01:37 AM »
1/ OVIR hasn't existed for YEARS

2/ You can go to the post office and do want you need in minutes

Hmm - guess who's not been to Russia in a while

Have you forgot your glasses?

Read more carefully and use your memory.............and water the flowers more often!

:laugh:

Online Wiz

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
Wiz,
A week ago, I was at the Main Office for Migration Issues, Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. I make my new foreign passport. I was on the record on the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Without any bribes!
In Russia, everyone cherishes their workplace! No one will risk being out of work for 300-500 rubles! I know this from within the supervisory bodies. I have more than 10 years of experience in the Sanitary and Environmental Inspections.
But I will not argue with you. I appreciate my personal time. tiphat

Dear Annoushka

Today is 2018 and not 2004, when I first visited Russia.

You forgot that I have a Russian woman in my house and I get the same comments until I remind her of certain episodes. If you wish.... when I finish writing the letter to your President... I can start telling you various episodes........ smelling of Bribes. I paid NONE and never put Russia down but I will not stop telling the truth for what happened to me during my visits there.

Long time ago I wrote: If I have to choose between USA and Russia.... I said, give me Russia any time! That is not because I am married to a Baskiria woman. It is because Russian mentality is close to the Greek one and I felt comfortable living there.

tiphat

Online Confederate

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 10:17:31 AM »
Wiz,

I probably would have paid the 300 to 500 ruble bribe to the officer in Ufa. It’s called “the path of least resistance”. They aren’t paid very much and for all you know he really needed the money. Think of it like a tip when you go out to a nice restaurant in the U.K.
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 11:41:59 AM »
Wiz,

The OVIR haven't existed for years - such matters can be handled - in minutes - at the Post Office in Sochi - or at the FMS 

Currently, there is a special regime in place that means even RUSSIANS need to register if the arrive in a city that has hosted a World Cup game and they stay 72 hours or more - finishes two weeks after the tournament is over. One has to go to the FMS and processing of international passports has all but ceased - due to the demand - causing stress to those who wanted to go abroad for a holiday

Utter bollox on both counts.....
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online msmoby

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 01:52:45 AM »

Utter bollox on both counts.....

I 'see' ... and you have DIRECT experience of such matters ?

1/ We had guests in our apartments and it was OUR duty to register them if staying over 72 hours - even if Russian citizens from out of town

https://www.airbnbhell.com/airbnb-policy-violations-by-hosts-in-russia/
  -this article is incorrect in that Russians from another city had to register, too

2/ Father Sergey and Roman ( friends of mine )  have BOTH applied for international passports - to visit us in Cyprus - and were told that due to the exceptional regime in place for host cities - til July 25th )  the normal 30 day processing period was suspended

I'm REALLY surprised you did not know this

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 01:28:57 PM »

Yes

1/ We had guests in our apartments and it was OUR duty to register them if staying over 72 hours - even if Russian citizens from out of town

https://www.airbnbhell.com/airbnb-policy-violations-by-hosts-in-russia/
  -this article is incorrect in that Russians from another city had to register, too

There was, and is no requirement for Russian citizens to register within any such short period when visiting other cities for the world cup games no matter how long they stayed....We stayed in several cities for over your stated time period/ limit during the footy and I was the only one who the hotels registered....

2/ Father Sergey and Roman ( friends of mine )  have BOTH applied for international passports - to visit us in Cyprus - and were told that due to the exceptional regime in place for host cities - til July 25th )  the normal 30 day processing period was suspended

A very good friend/poker partner/player who is in an extremely senior position in one of the host cities, laughed at this when I asked him, and 2 weeks ago, I was in our local UFMS/Ovir/ or whatever you wish to name it, and the queue for passports was moving along at quiet a good speed.....so your friends have been flummoxed somewhat...

I'm REALLY surprised you did not know this

One would hope that you have he correct documentation to allow you to rent out your (read her) apartments, and that you (read her) are declaring this additional income in her annual Russian tax returns...

One could also ask as to how, your other half, can register guests in her apartment when she is out of the country...
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online msmoby

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 10:40:13 PM »

Yes

So, you weren't the host and wouldn't KNOW ..

Here's a link to the English version of the law that expires of the 25th July

It applies to RUSSIAN citizens, too

http://www.russiaknowledge.com/2018/05/16/registration-in-russia-for-all-football-fans-coming-to-the-world-cup/

So, if you stayed more than 72 hours in a third city - with FEW exceptions - ALL people - foreigners or not - had to be registered

One would hope that you have he correct documentation to allow you to rent out your (read her) apartments, and that you (read her) are declaring this additional income in her annual Russian tax returns...

and paying the local tourist tax...  'thanks' Gypo - unlike you - we DO know the rules

One could also ask as to how, your other half, can register guests in her apartment when she is out of the country...

Knowing the rules - a Doverennost was filed with kind friend Sergey - but luckily - the max we had was 2 continuous nights - although we had a Peruvian family come back = twice - staying with friends - as we had Uruguayans booked

Online msmoby

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 06:14:10 AM »
How interesting - you allow some of my posts through but seek to protect Gypo from his daftness - how VERY Soviet

Offline Manny

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
How interesting - you allow some of my posts through but seek to protect Gypo from his daftness - how VERY Soviet

Feel free to donate £500 to the forum and we can have your posts checked for sanity the same day.  :coffeeread:

Meanwhile, why are you trolling this topic with off topic stuff?
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online Wiz

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »

Meanwhile, why are you trolling this topic with off topic stuff?

Old habits die hard!  :laugh:

Registration