The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Interesting Profile  (Read 4384 times)

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Interesting Profile
« on: December 22, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »
Here is the opening statement from a 29 year old woman's profile.  She lives in Central Russia, almost in Siberia. 

I want to say directly: I will not read your message and answer you if: you're looking for sex tourism, you're from Turkey, India, Arabic County. Nothing personal, at all. Please, don't waste > and your time. If you have food & beverage stereotype about Russians, like every Russian girl looking for man with big money from abroad and will be happy to make a family with 64 years old man. I can say only one about this- you're completely - wrong. And I guess advertising I have nothing to talk with you. I'm not type of this person. I can take care about myself and live my life in my way and really don't care about what people say.

Any thoughts.... 

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Interesting Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »
Any thoughts....

I hope that's therapeutic for her, because it's likely not going to win her many admirers.  Unless she's a total smokeshow, of course. 

It's like putting in "No psychos", like someone is going to think to themselves, "I am a psycho, so clearly I should not answer this ad."  /shrugs.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 11:20:28 PM »
Any thoughts....

I hope that's therapeutic for her, because it's likely not going to win her many admirers.  Unless she's a total smokeshow, of course. 

It's like putting in "No psychos", like someone is going to think to themselves, "I am a psycho, so clearly I should not answer this ad."  /shrugs.

B/B

I think psycho for the young woman is synonymous with those from arabic countries but easier to discern after contact.  :laugh:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 12:26:37 AM »
Perhaps, some of us are reading too much into her profile ?

She's simply stating she's fed up with 'ol gits, guys after a jump - with no plans to build a relationship - and chaps from the Levant ...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 01:35:37 AM »
bb, she does not need many admirers. She needs just one, the right one. Excluding men like you is a sensible, time saving, strategy.

Whilst there are, as you know, plenty of country girls willing to accept your *generosity* not all are so needy.

As with most marketing cases, I'd tend toward the notion that a marketer who seeks to clearly define the target market and to exclude those who are not part of that demographic group probably have the most honest and highest value offers.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 02:36:09 AM »
Well, she clearly defines what she does not want, however not a word about what she'd like in a husband.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 02:45:33 AM »
That makes sense. She is making sure, as far as she can, that certain types of people will not contact her. Very few middle aged, lonely, tossers are good at self analysis so she must be overt and curt.

The rest, the minority who form the residue can then make their case without the noise from the unhappy lonesters making promises they can't keep.

A normal, decent, bloke who doesn't fall into her reject group will likely do just fine.

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 03:10:28 AM »
She sounds bob on as long as you are not an old git, non-white or a sex tourist. Nothing wrong in defining what you dont want up front. I used to do similar with a domestic dating profile. I used to write something like "Women bigger than a size 8 or those with a collection of children by a variety of fathers need not apply". Apart from the hate mail from fat women with tribes of kids, it did used to flush out some rather decent prospects.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 03:59:52 AM »
She sounds bob on as long as you are not an old git, non-white or a sex tourist. Nothing wrong in defining what you dont want up front. I used to do similar with a domestic dating profile. I used to write something like "Women bigger than a size 8 or those with a collection of children by a variety of fathers need not apply". Apart from the hate mail from fat women with tribes of kids, it did used to flush out some rather decent prospects.

Super  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 04:19:57 AM »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So that must of been 99.5% of the women on the site!

I would of added "No women in Primark ski pants, no women who smoke, especially roll ups, no women with tattoos , no women with rotten teeth, no women who cannot count further than 10"

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 04:28:50 AM »
Here is the opening statement from a 29 year old woman's profile.  She lives in Central Russia, almost in Siberia. 

I want to say directly: I will not read your message and answer you if: you're looking for sex tourism, you're from Turkey, India, Arabic County. Nothing personal, at all. Please, don't waste > and your time. If you have food & beverage stereotype about Russians, like every Russian girl looking for man with big money from abroad and will be happy to make a family with 64 years old man. I can say only one about this- you're completely - wrong. And I guess advertising I have nothing to talk with you. I'm not type of this person. I can take care about myself and live my life in my way and really don't care about what people say.

Any thoughts....

That is exactly what nearly all women think today, they may not advertise it, but they all think along those lines. Its not 1998 anymore..
Its only a very very very small minority who would think about relocating and most of that minority have a reasonable life in any case and would have to Down grade to relocate overseas.

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 08:08:21 AM »
bb, she does not need many admirers. She needs just one, the right one. Excluding men like you is a sensible, time saving, strategy.

Why are you personalizing this to me Feefs

Whilst there are, as you know, plenty of country girls willing to accept your *generosity* not all are so needy.

"Oh, noes!  Oh, woes!  Feefs is indulging in negative speculation about my life again to make hisself FEEL better!"

Look, Andrew, I realize that you are simply desperate for me to be miserable and unhappy, but that's simply not going to happen.  Also, your antipathy for me is incredibly transparent, as well as unhealthy.  Perhaps it is time that you finally show the concern for your mental health as you did (again, finally) for your physical health, and seek treatment?

Well, she clearly defines what she does not want, however not a word about what she'd like in a husband.

Well, Omega1982 did say that was her "opening statement", so perhaps what she is looking for in a man appears later.  He doesn't show us that, so maybe he is saving her for himself?  :chuckle:

I used to do similar with a domestic dating profile. I used to write something like "Women bigger than a size 8 or those with a collection of children by a variety of fathers need not apply". Apart from the hate mail from fat women with tribes of kids, it did used to flush out some rather decent prospects.

Do you think that the net-net worked out?  TTB shared similar experience and reported that he would get lots of hatemail from fatties about it, so one wonders if it's better to sift through that, or sift through the mail one might otherwise get from folks one might deem unsuitable.

Even if it did, one wonders if it might work as well from the distaff side, as men generally have three requirements in a woman: "Is she attractive to me?"  "Can I have a conversation with her?" and "Is she a warm person?"  So the question for her is, will her being upfront about it cut down on the men she is not interested in, while not being "offputting" for men she would prefer to write to her?  Toward that end, she might be better off describing the men she prefers, rather then men she doesn't.  Her phrasing, now, is indicative of some frustration/bitterness with her results, so far.

B/B
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Manny

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 10:22:06 AM »
I used to do similar with a domestic dating profile. I used to write something like "Women bigger than a size 8 or those with a collection of children by a variety of fathers need not apply". Apart from the hate mail from fat women with tribes of kids, it did used to flush out some rather decent prospects.

Do you think that the net-net worked out?  TTB shared similar experience and reported that he would get lots of hatemail from fatties about it, so one wonders if it's better to sift through that, or sift through the mail one might otherwise get from folks one might deem unsuitable.

I think it worked just fine. It cut what was a barrage of replies from roll up smoking, Primark clad, lard arses with a technicolor collection of offspring sired by various undesirables down to a trickle of slim and decent looking women who got entirely where I was coming from and valued a bloke who didn't have the usual "any hole is a goal" mentality. The hate mail telling me how shallow I was was only a handful a day.

It flushed out the right physical type, and a few with a brain, but overall quality wasn't really marriage material. Hence Russia beckoned........
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 11:01:30 AM »

I think it worked just fine. It cut what was a barrage of replies from roll up smoking, Primark clad, lard arses with a technicolor collection of offspring sired by various undesirables down to a trickle of slim and decent looking women who got entirely where I was coming from and valued a bloke who didn't have the usual "any hole is a goal" mentality. The hate mail telling me how shallow I was was only a handful a day.

It flushed out the right physical type, and a few with a brain, but overall quality wasn't really marriage material. Hence Russia beckoned........
One can report that your QAT ( Quality Assurance Test) produced the desired result.  :chuckle:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 11:07:31 AM »
I 'personalised it' to you because you were replying telling how stupid and wrong headed she was when you quite clearly fall into her basket of undesirables. It isn't the first time that you have commented in similar manner when some woman's profile excludes you or where a woman dares to be at all picky about her mate. ;)

Believe me, I have no wish to see you unhappy and I am sure that you are the happiest bearded old bloke in your peer group. I am sure that one day you will find a suitable match for your particular needs. You only need one after all, yes? She must be somewhere in the wilds of Ukraine - just waiting for you.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
I 'personalised it' to you because you were replying telling how stupid and wrong headed she was when you quite clearly fall into her basket of undesirables.

I just call balls & strikes, Andrew.  I have no particular knowledge of this woman, other than what Omega1982 has told us, I bear her no particular ill will, and I was simply commenting on her marketing strategy, which to me, seems more the product of dissatisfaction with her crop of suitors up to now than anything else.  As the old saying goes, you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.  :-* 

It isn't the first time that you have commented in similar manner when some woman's profile excludes you or where a woman dares to be at all picky about her mate. ;)

Except I'm not particularly excluded.  Were I to pursue her, she might not find me suitable for other reasons, but regarding the parameters she lists, I am well within-bounds, not being a sex tourist, nor being of any of the ethnicities/nationalities of the types mentioned (or any shade of tawny, really), nor with any disqualifying food & beverage stereotypes (as I interpret it; that seems a bit unclear), and I am well-under 64.  Beyond that, while I am certainly successful in my career, I don't lead with that.  So this is simply you drawing negative inferences about me because it is in your nature to be a shitty arse--nothing new under the sun, I'm afraid. /shrugs.

Believe me, I have no wish to see you unhappy and I am sure that you are the happiest bearded old bloke in your peer group. I am sure that one day you will find a suitable match for your particular needs. You only need one after all, yes? She must be somewhere in the wilds of Ukraine - just waiting for you.

Andrew, dear chap, perhaps less commenting about me and more staying in your own lane?  I realize this may be difficult for you to imagine, but if anything I am spoiled for choice.  I am quite happy with the relationships I have with the women in my life, thank you, you need not worry.  :-*

B/B

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 03:48:38 PM »
Perhaps, some of us are reading too much into her profile ?

She's simply stating she's fed up with 'ol gits, guys after a jump - with no plans to build a relationship - and chaps from the Levant ...

Or Muslims - you conveniently missed that bit out.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 12:00:43 AM »

Rather, you are inattentive...I mentioned the Levant as being a region of exclusion.. I DID omit India... So I guess she is seeking a white guy ...

Offline Manny

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 04:05:24 AM »
I am well within-bounds, not being a sex tourist,

You have just been looking for a decade and a half, right?  :whist11:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 04:13:47 AM »

Rather, you are inattentive...I mentioned the Levant as being a region of exclusion.. I DID omit India... So I guess she is seeking a white guy ...

Wrong again mister argumentative.

The Levant is eastern mediterranean. Although it may include that area, I suspect its arabs, pakistanis, north africans and other undesirables with a dating culture akin to rapefest.  So I go back to my original statement - muslims, which you failed to mention whilst referring to old gits and sex tourists.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2016, 05:04:28 AM »

Wrong again mister argumentative.

'wrong'? :)

YOU decided 'madame' was an Islamophobe - which she might be .. she also listed India - which is predominantly Hindu, right ? 

The Levant is eastern mediterranean. Although it may include that area, I suspect its arabs, pakistanis, north africans and other undesirables with a dating culture akin to rapefest. 

Defining Levant is subjective - but I include nations like Greece, Turkey, Jordan , Syria, Israel, Egypt and Lebanon - which border the Med...'some' include Iraq, Armenia, etc..

So I go back to my original statement - muslims, which you failed to mention...

I think you need to take this up with 'madame' - She surely needs to made her introductory paragraph clearer    - she never mentioned them, either  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 05:36:20 AM »

B.B. you may be 'protesting' a little too much   :chuckle:..

A 'sex-tourist'  - to me - is someone with sexual gratification as the main aim of the trip  - but needing to pay for the service from a person engaged in serial servicing of such needs ....  mutual sexual fulfillment - between consenting adults  - not seeking deeper commitment isn't  'me' - but I don't put B.B in the paying for services rendered category...

I know Shakey thinks / thought that a long-term relationship was a form of 'prostitution' - mutual needs being fulfilled... but I think monogamy precludes such a definition ....

B.B, might be the sort of guy some hope to emulate, but hope their daughters never want to meet ? :))

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »

Is it a race, Manny?  Besides, I'm waiting for Feefs to tie the knot first.  Age before beauty and all that.  :chuckle:

B.B. you may be 'protesting' a little too much   :chuckle:.

Mobes, I should like to point out that it wasn't me who decided to make this thread about me at all, it was my #1 Fanboi in Estonia.  :coffeeread: 

B/B

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »

Is it a race, Manny?  Besides, I'm waiting for Feefs to tie the knot first.  Age before beauty and all that.  :chuckle:

B/B

Muck before the broom.   :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2016, 10:42:18 AM »
Nice normal girl in the pics , no bikini shots and nothing that raises red flags.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria