The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Question for Pro-Russians: How do Separatists get Advanced Weaponry & Resupply?  (Read 29080 times)

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
Oh and I'm always the first one to say that America does more than its fair share of interventionism these days. We are the new Britain in the modern world. :)

Too pity that, unlike Britain at the time, while doing so, you can't collect stuff for your museums...  :(
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
There is one question I see avoided all the time here when discussing this conflict.  So I thought I would dedicate a thread to getting a definitive answer.

Assuming:

1.  Russia is not supplying the Separatists as many here claim
2.  Separatists cannot manufacture advanced weaponry
3.  Separatists have not captured any new Ukrainian bases

How are the Separatists using advanced weaponry to give them an electronic warfare edge against the exact same force structure?  And more obviously, how are they resupplying complex ammunition for systems like Grad Missile Launchers, anti-tank cannons, etc.?

In summary, please tell me how one group with finite resources can win a conventional warfare engagement and consistently go on the offensive against a larger military force that can be consistently resupplied?

You may as well ask the question "Where did the Taliban get their weapons" The US?? Does it really matter where they got their weapons? Who cares? Countries have been secretly arming all sorts of groups over the years, then it goes "Tits up" The US is the biggest culprit of them all, one day they are arming some regime the next day they are blowing their country to bits,  :party0031: Its life, welcome to the human race, nothing will change there. Correct me if I'm wrong its been going on in some way or form since 2500BC.
There is some forum history to this post. Manny says there is no definitive proof that Russia is supporting the "rebels". Andrew says they are not being supported at all, they're just very resourceful in finding and making their own weapons and ammunition.

While Sparky says he watches Russian heavy weaponry roll past his house on the Russian border.

So it was really just to emphasize the point that some people's "opinions" fall under the category of the same propaganda they so vocally disdain about other countries. As Russia never uses lies and propaganda or does anything wrong. Only evil America could be capable of doing such things.

"America is the devil!" Putin is a kind and decent man who only cares about love and flowers and free speech and the ability for other countries to choose their own path (to Russia). :)

It's just funny at this point so it was tongue in cheek humor. ;)

Putin is no hero!! I know a few people are getting a beating and few murders here and there! BUT as far as I am aware he is not systematically torturing people in other countries back gardens? Unless you know different. I always thought good leaders set example ? The US is trying to dominate the world and setting a very bad example. Hell !! They are bugging my peoples phones!!! Maybe I was having a sex chat? I don't want your guys poking their bloody nose in. Anyway it is not worth getting into an argument over this. As I have said its human nature , humans having been killing each other since the dawn of civilisation nothing will ever change there. So no point even discussing it. I have less than a decade on the planet so I plan to enjoy myself and forget about who's killing who.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
I have less than a decade on the planet so I plan to enjoy myself and forget about who's killing who.

I do hope you have much more than that. Ditto that we should all focus on the good.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
I have less than a decade on the planet so I plan to enjoy myself and forget about who's killing who.

I do hope you have much more than that. Ditto that we should all focus on the good.

We never know how much time we have left, so it is wise advise to live every day as if it was the last.
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
This is an interesting study, showing that artillery is being fired on Ukraine territory from inside Russia, haven't bothered reading it in detail since I'm no heavy ballistics experts and in any case it's probably just shells looking to go on holiday to explode with their rebel friends they met on VK...

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2015/02/17/origin-of-artillery-attacks/
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Please watch this video :laugh: Its about the US and war. Absolutely perfect.

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouses Country: Беларусь
Colin Powell would have made an excellent president. I'd vote for him.
Except he was a soldier, and of course an officer. People like that don't
grow on trees. George Carlin is off the chain funny but of course like all
comedians he took it over the top.
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline BrianinAZ

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Ukraine does have the right to decide its future.

Eastern Ukraine is deciding its future. And it has no stars and stripes on it. Hard for you lot over the pond to understand I know.......

Bull Sh** Russia/Putin has invaded a Sovereign Nation and he/they are deciding the future of Eastern Ukraine

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become

Putin is no hero!! I know a few people are getting a beating and few murders here and there! BUT as far as I am aware he is not systematically torturing people in other countries back gardens? Unless you know different.

Yeah...about that....

Let's see....You've heard of Lubyanka, right? Perhaps the basement 'apartments' in Dzerzhinsky square? How many Dagaestani's have you spoken with lately? Chechan's? The FSB and SVR folks have no shortage of 'interrogation' and unpleasant imprisoning techniques. Have you forgotten about the political gulags in Siberia? How is it you think the initial railways of Russia were laid? Was it by 'fair, prevailing wage' unionized workers?

Sell your monocular style tunnel vision elsewhere...We have plenty of B$ as it is already here.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Ukraine does have the right to decide its future.

Eastern Ukraine is deciding its future. And it has no stars and stripes on it. Hard for you lot over the pond to understand I know.......

Bull Sh** Russia/Putin has invaded a Sovereign Nation and he/they are deciding the future of Eastern Ukraine

George Bush did the same sort of thing didn't he??

Offline Anathema

Invade a neighboring country using unmarked military while the whole world watched but continuously deny there was an invasion?

No, no he did not.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Putin is no hero!! I know a few people are getting a beating and few murders here and there! BUT as far as I am aware he is not systematically torturing people in other countries back gardens? Unless you know different.

Yeah...about that....

Let's see....You've heard of Lubyanka, right? Perhaps the basement 'apartments' in Dzerzhinsky square? How many Dagaestani's have you spoken with lately? Chechan's? The FSB and SVR folks have no shortage of 'interrogation' and unpleasant imprisoning techniques. Have you forgotten about the political gulags in Siberia? How is it you think the initial railways of Russia were laid? Was it by 'fair, prevailing wage' unionized workers?

Sell your monocular style tunnel vision elsewhere...We have plenty of B$ as it is already here.

That just about sums it all up doesn't it?? They are all as bad as each other. The Romans were doing exactly the same 2000 years ago. Who cares, I certainly don't. I have more interesting things to think about.

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
That just about sums it all up doesn't it?? They are all as bad as each other. The Romans were doing exactly the same 2000 years ago. Who cares, I certainly don't. I have more interesting things to think about.

Everyone is in the same boat was we're all exclusively human and the accrual of power causes self and politically motivated people to participate and do things they otherwise might not...Others do because they are 'predisposed' to do so by their neuropathophysiology.

Frankly if you truly felt the way you espouse above you wouldn't have restarted your forum participation with the one sided political pandering and eurocentric arrogance driven BS in the manner which you previously wrote...

Don't 'blow whichever way the wind does,'...it's as distasteful a trait as hypocrisy

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Invade a neighboring country using unmarked military while the whole world watched but continuously deny there was an invasion?

No, no he did not.

The people in Eastern Ukraine do not want to be part of the European Union! They do not want to go work in Europe washing up, cleaning and wiping the old folks asses in some care home for 5Euros an hour. Just like the old folk in Transdiniester. They don't want to be part of Europe. leave them alone. I Hope one day China will invade the US and force on them their way of life.

Offline Anathema

No, no he did not.

The people in Eastern Ukraine do not want to be part of the European Union! They do not want to go work in Europe washing up, cleaning and wiping the old folks asses in some care home for 5Euros an hour. Just like the old folk in Transdiniester. They don't want to be part of Europe. leave them alone. I Hope one day China will invade the US and force on them their way of life.

Ummm ok?  :D What does that rambling mess of a statement have to do with your other question?

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
I have not got time to talk about all this garbage anymore. Im giving up on the political stuff as of now. :hidechair:

Offline Donhollio

Steveboy no doubt Russia will be enriched with your expat lifestyle, and your good will upon your fellow human being. Enjoy your life in Russia, when it soon implodes you will have a plethora of reasons to blame the United States.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
I have not got time to talk about all this garbage anymore. Im giving up on the political stuff as of now. :hidechair:

I rarely participate, given that none of the unknowers are ever willing to change their opinion, despite tools such as logic and rationality being available to them.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
none of the unknowers are ever willing to change their opinion, despite tools such as logic and rationality being available to them.

True that.  :chuckle:
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Bruce Lee

• Trips: 5-10
given that none of the unknowers are ever willing to change their opinion,
Swings both ways!!!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline yankee

I rarely participate, given that none of the unknowers are ever willing to change their opinion, despite tools such as logic and rationality being available to them.

Could it be because that are spending too much time focusing on spelling and grammer that they fail to understand what they are reading? 
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline krassavchick

But that would ruin a good conspiracy theory.  :chuckle:

Online 2tallbill

• Trips: 10-20

I spend very little time arguing in the Russia vs Ukraine threads, I don't have the time.
I will spend a tiny bit of time in the Obama thread but the arguments over there aren't
even close in the level of passion (and lack of logic) that you would find in a thread like
this one.

I could probably lay out my entire opinion on the subject in 4 paragraphs, but I have
no desire to argue any of this stuff to death.

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Steveboy no doubt Russia will be enriched with your expat lifestyle, and your good will upon your fellow human being. Enjoy your life in Russia, when it soon implodes you will have a plethora of reasons to blame the United States.

My life will NEVER implode!! I can tell you that for 100% Remember these words. I will only blame the US if world war 3 starts  :party0031:
I have the best life EVER!! Nothing will ever change. I have a beautiful young wife probably better than you could ever find in 1000 years! I earn probably 10 times more money than you, I do not have a single worry in the world. Life's easy:) If I land up in a tent tomorrow its no big deal!! life goes on. :8)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Could it be because that are spending too much time focusing on spelling and grammer that they fail to understand what they are reading?

Yes! I thought it was a forum about dating FSUW ?? Or its a school about members English ability? Why not stick to the main objective of the forum? Helping people find their other half in one of the FSU countries, it would make life so much easier for people.

Registration