The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Elenas Models  (Read 8181 times)

Offline Zachris

• Spouses Country: Uzbekistan
  • Trips: 5-10
Elenas Models
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
I think I am now three for three on Elena’s Models. Are the members of this forum sure that it is a good site to use?

Anybody recognize the text from these letters :loving:? Most of it can be found through a Google search. I just wonder how many members here have gotten the same messages. I very much like the most recent one that ends: “I now expect your letter?” Some how, I don't think so.

Easy is getting harder every day.

----------
Thanks for your letter!
I live in small city of Belarus.
I work as the Ecologist. I have higher education. Has finished university faculty of ecology. Now my trade is very necessary.
I am sociable also the loyal woman, I am carefree, good-natured, harmless, and gentle. I have many friends to whom I trust who trusts me. I very much like to travel, but till now travelled only on the sea.
I very romantic person, and I hope, that you love it!
I like to spend a free time with friends. I very much like to be on the nature.
Also I like to go in for sports and visit sports club in the evening after work.
I seriously concern to detection of the special person to make a life together.
I never was married and I have no children.
I really wish to find the good person who becomes my destiny and my husband in the future. I hope my dreams and hopes coincide with yours?
I wait your answer.
Nina

----------

Thanks for your letter and photo. Мек it is very interesting to see your daily photos.
I have written to you because I wish to get acquainted with the person for serious and long attitudes which can will end at last marriage. Possibly, you also became tired arrival of the house where there is no your loved person, whether not so?
Possibly, you also want heat and protection, care and understanding? If you are interested by serious attitudes let's try study each other better. There can be this acquaintance, will do us happy.
I wish to know more about you. When I have my free time, I like to read very much. I love music, theatre, ballet, the nature, the sea and reading.
I like to spend my time with my friends or my family. I do not smoke and I have no bad habits. Very much I love children and animals.
I wish to find the close, reliable, careful person whom I shall love with all my heart, and I shall present it the sea of love and tenderness.
All good.
Sincerely yours Nina

----------

I shall write to you a little about myself and my hobbies:
When I have time, I always visit sports club and I love aerobics.
I have many girlfriends. I do not drink, and I do not smoke. Sometimes I like to drink red, sweet wine " Cahors wine ". I very much like to go sea by. I skin is "tanned" and sunburn occurs very quickly. I very purposeful person. I like to have the purpose in a life. I very much do not love, when deceive, I very much feel it. I like to read books. From mood sometimes novels about love, and sometimes detectives. I like to listen to various music quickly and slowly. ON TV I like to look melodramas and films of historical subjects.
I also put things in order in the house, at least, once a week, I like to keep its tidy.
I seriously think of creation of family and seriously I approach to search of the man of my life.
I also do not wish to spend all for nothing your time and mine.
And now I wish to inform you why I have started to search for the foreign person through the Internet?
All put I am on work, I visit sports club in the evening. In the street or in transport not probably to have serious acquaintance and not probably to meet the destiny.
First of all, it seems to me, that foreign people - really more romantic, reliable and frank people, plus they - it is more material safe and in the future I wish to have a normal and convenient life, with happy, healthy children. And why I search for it through the Internet? Because in our country there is no opportunity to find the good serious person unfortunately. And I really believe with all my heart, that I shall meet it here!
I wait your letters
Nina

----------

I hope, that it is the good beginning to do steady attitudes when both of the partner have been opened with each other. I think, that I am a person who understands gravity of friendship and attitudes and is prepared to do family. I search my partner, my other half which would do my life and its life full. First of all, I require my best friend. The friendship is based on mutual respect and trust each other because the best friends inform and divide all with each other Easily to fall in love, but it is a tough job to remain enamoured and to hold fires of passions burning. The love demands work of two parties to keep it. I wish to have a number of the friend close to me on ideas and on mutual interests. I dream to have much together travel and entertainments. Family trips will be an entertainment, and we will have memoirs for the whole life ….
I wait your answer
Nina

----------

I hope, that you have serious intentions. I think, it is not simple in our time to find the person who wishes to create strong attitudes. I do not know, how in your country, but in our country the majority of people, avoid the responsibility connected with family. For me family - first of all, care of the loved person, bearing the certain contribution to the budget of family. Storage of the house by way of, at creation of a cosiness. I similarly to my future husband to come back home with the great pleasure and I enjoy each minute spent together. Probably, I ideally anyhow attitudes of family in my ideas. It variously enough in a real life. But nobody forbids to us, to reach our purposes and wishes. What do you think our future attitudes What family you wish to have?
I am glad to have contact to you further. You like me also I is glad, that has found you.
Now I expect your letter.
Sincerely yours Nina

Numquam tribuere ad malitia quod sufficienter explicatur stultitia.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Никогда не приписывать злобы, которое может быть адекватно объяснено глупостью.

Offline Larry

Re: Elenas Models
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:47:05 PM »
I was on Elena's Models for seven or eight months, corresponded with hundreds of girls, and found only four scammers. 

Some of the phrasing in Nina's letters sounds familiar.  I am disappointed that she didn't say "I want to make the cozy home."

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 01:52:34 AM »
One or two letters, then move to SKype

She hasnt got skype or some other excuse? Dont cloud your judgement with hot photos, pretty face....  move on to the NEXT!
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 04:09:20 AM »
Basically the above covers it nicely, when I used EM I was basically allowing 2/3 letters using their (EM's) internal email system per lady and offering my personal email/chat address in my opening letter, if this was ignored then the lady in question would be filled under "bin" and I'd move on. If you accommodate fools then you are unlikely to achieve very much, there are plenty of decent ladies on EM (well there was when I used it) the trick is to quickly eliminate the time-wasters.

Good luck tiphat
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 04:19:33 AM »
I used Elena's models, they have some honest girls,, but try ed to contact them once phone never works????
I email them, they do respond, but never answer all the questions and never answer why the phone don't work.
I think Elena's is good, but not as good as once was!

Something else to keep in mind, they as many use smaller agency's to fill there pages,, so yes they maybe confirmed
but by who?? Also I spoke to one girl for 2 month's in emails,, found out was girl at small agency writing letters.

So I agree 100% if they won't go to skype in reasonable time frame run!!!!
Like anything in life buyer beware>
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline calmissile

• Spouses Country: US
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »
Bruce, I agree with your comments.  What I found with the web site I was using is that the translators filter out any contact information.  You have to purchase the contact info for about $15.  Same thing on their on line chat.  There is a robot that filters out any contact info such as the word skype which I discovered but found a way around the robot :)  I did not realize that all the  sites were not that way.

I totally agree with the skype method of communications.  It is fantastic.  There were only a few that have their own computers and have skype.  One gal I was communicating with was trying to put skype  on her comuter and it turns out the agency provided the computer and she was unable to load any programs.  The agencies seem to do everything to keep the flock controlled and in their pocket $$$.

Another gal I talk to as a friend makes her living writing profiles for the women, so it is no wonder that they all sound the same and have no substance.

I had also met some really nice gals that I exchanged emails for quite some time but had to go to the post office or the agency to send/receive the emails and no opportunity to use skype.  They just do not have the money for a home computer even though they have full time jobs.  I guess as long as the pool of women that have their own computers holds out, WM can still have a decent selection.  The rest of the women will just be out of luck!
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Bones

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:22:55 AM »
Last week after I exchanged 3 letters with Olya a "confirmed profile", she requested my email. I gave it to her of course but soon after I got a website advertisement to meet Olya at uadreams.com & correspond with her there - a pay per letter sort of thing. I asked her about it & she admitted that she did invite me there where she has another profile. I was amazed by such an obvious ploy.
If you seek to be offended by everyone you meet, then you'll succeed.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 02:41:09 AM »
All confirmed profile means is the person is real the send a copy of the passport.
they did not meet with the girl or go to her home. So character or quality is not confirmed.

Offline calmissile

• Spouses Country: US
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 03:30:38 AM »
Bones,

I would not get twisted out of shape yet!  Maybe she has her reasons other than a scam. I does not normally cost a lot to test the system!  See if she will give you her contact info by using the new site.  If not, then make the decsion.  While we tend to think all these women are scams, many of them are innocent victims of the agencies and the secret is to find a way to seperate them from their 'captors'.  If it doesn't work, then move on.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 08:56:07 AM »
I do wonder whether EM is a dying business. When I checked the site to reply to a post on the other forum, I was surprised to see how few (relatively speaking of course) women there were on the sites and how the men outnumbered the women. It markes IMHO the beginning of a death spiral...
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline kievstar

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 09:43:40 AM »
EM has always had issues past 6 years.  However for the pay sites it is easiest way to find women who speak English and get them away from the agency.  But that makes it easy for the women to take advantage of you.  A good looking women under 30 years old does not need an agency to meet a foreign man for marriage in Kiev.  Enough single foreign men in Kiev as expats.  Better to look at EM girls outside of cities like Kiev.

The problem is many women on EM Kiev have been there for more than 6 years and use it for additional income.  The number of scammers grow each year.  I used 6 years as I can count several hundred women in Kiev that were there 6 years ago and still there now.  About 6 years ago was when I first looked at EM. 

Of the women in Kiev majority who are good looking are scammers.  Was very common to see some of the EM girls in Kiev with several different men a week in a local spot.  I am friends with a couple of them.  After seeing a pretty woman with different foreign men and carrying 10 plus cell phones to handle their calls, you go over and ask what is going on after buying a couple drinks.  They have that many cell phones so they do not confuse men.  Some even have different phones for USA men, Australian men, French men, etc.

Certain clubs in Kiev pay $50 to EM women who have a client book a table at a club.  Than they get 10% of what is bought over the table price.  Some even line up taxi's outside to make additional $10 usd.  Add in the gifts and other restaurants it can be a couple hundred a day.  When apartments were cheaper some even got apartments as gifts. 

Some of the women also cater towards the sex tourist crowd.  Sex tourists use EM as well as easy to talk to a live girl before travelling and not work through an agency.

EM is just a tool to meet women but you need to filter through them to find what your looking for.  Many women in Kiev also like to date foreign men for fun and will only marry if you win her heart.  They will take your money if they think your dating out of your league.  Same thing happens in USA.

I do not think EM is a dying business.  You just need to make sure the business you seek matches what EM offers.  For the marriage crowd - men over 35 making less than $200,000 usd a year stay away from the young hotties. 

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
The one thing I have noticed: the number of men talking about and using mamba and other such sites has grown steadily over the past four years. Men are beginning to wise up to the fact that if you are a man looking for a woman there are 1,396,508 profiles on mamba as compared to less than 7,000 in total on Elena's Models (with over 17,000 men listed in their search). Like it or not, this is slowly going to eat into Elena's profits and the harder it becomes for men to find women, the more likely they will move to other sites...
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
One or two letters, then move to SKype

I just thought about this.. using SKYPE doesn't 'qualify' the ladies location ( even less so than a mobile) .. Skype wasn't so well know five plus years ago, and I recommended guys to get a land line number .. I suppose the take up of those is declining...

She hasnt got skype or some other excuse? Dont cloud your judgement with hot photos, pretty face....  move on to the NEXT!

Hmm, this MIGHT apply for the kids ladies you are chatting up, but lots of older FSU folk had ( until very recently) a real aversion to installing SKYPE.. ( fears of excessive internet charges for over-usage of bandwidth, etc.,)

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Zachris

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:45 AM »
For what it is worth, I just did a quick check. On EM I found 17720 men and 6940 women. That is a ratio of about 2.5 men for every woman. Compared to places like Match.com, or ladies night at the local bar, that ratio really isn't that bad. Would I like it to be better? Sure I would. However, I do not look at that ratio as being excessive.

Now, when I did a search on the parameters that describe me (age, education, etc.) I found only five other men on the web site. Of course, if no woman likes those parameters, it is a ratio of 0 to 6 -- not so good. However, since I want to find a woman who wants to find me, being in a group of only 6 men doesn't sound so bad.

As for the young hotties being scammers, especially the hotties from Kiev. Well, "hotness" is in the eye of the beholder. Therefore, it is not something that can be easily filtered out. In addition, I suspect most of us do not want to reject a woman merely because her photo is "too attractive." Much like we do not want to fall in love with a photo, we do not want to reject because of the photo. Especially if the image appeals to us.

As for all the hotties being scammers? I've been given the "thank you, but not interested" message from quite a few hotties, even ones from Kiev. At first, that was actually a welcome change from my experience on HRB, where every women is hot, and every woman wants to engage in an a conversation. (OK, being rejected is beginning to lose it's charm. Still, we all recognize that it should be part of the process). If these EM ladies, who have rejected me, are scammers then they must be doing an overwhelming amount of business if they can afford to toss away another potential pigeon.

If you note, I started this thread with a question about scammers on EM. Since then, I have encountered a few more. Still, at this point, although I have yet to find "the one," I am pleased with the progress I am making.  (NOTE: the "Nina" associated with the letters I quoted is no longer on EM)

So, if EM fits your temperament, I would say it is worth the effort.

Offline clancyhound

• Spouses Country: Russia / USA
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:30 AM »
If / When you do find a scammer on EM - report it to them - when i was looking I reported a few ad in sort time the profiles were removed.

I do believe they do try to run a clean site.

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 11:07:53 AM »
For what it is worth, I just did a quick check. On EM I found 17720 men and 6940 women. That is a ratio of about 2.5 men for every woman. Compared to places like Match.com, or ladies night at the local bar, that ratio really isn't that bad.

The ratio on mamba for their "real" members: 1 496 265 women versus 2 041 089 men or roughly a bit more than 2 men for every 1.5 women. Much better odds  :coffeeread:
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline Zachris

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 11:41:52 AM »
I really do not know Mamba that well, since I cannot become a "real" member. But, are not it's members also seeking casual hook ups, travel partners, etc? Essentially, not just "marriage?"

Yes, the scammers on EM are not looking for marriage either. But, I think we can assume that most of the non-scammers on EM are marriage minded. That assumption (after elimination of scammers) does not apply to Mamba. Therefore, I'm thinking that the odds might actually be better on EM.

I am not trying to be an EM defender here. Mostly because I realize that the odds are better for me if you stay away. I am just calling it as I see it. So, for those who skims these posts too quickly merely looking for the bottom line:

Mamba is better. Forget about EM.  ;D

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »
I really do not know Mamba that well, since I cannot become a "real" member. But, are not it's members also seeking casual hook ups, travel partners, etc? Essentially, not just "marriage?"

Yes, but when I was using the site years ago the women tended to be quite open in their intentions. Even in half are not looking for marriage that still leaves you over a three quarter of a million women, or one hundred times as many as EM  :biggrin:
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline Larry

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 01:18:55 PM »
I was a long-time EM user,  but I have come around to Rasputin's view.   Between the unfavorable male/female imbalance at EM, and the advantage of there being vastly more FSUW on the free sites (and sites like LL), I think EM is the less-appealing choice.

Of course, many guys have found great women on EM.  I found two myself (still with only one).  But if I had to do it over again, I think I would choose a different path.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 01:44:29 PM »
I used Elena's models, talking to a girl from there.
I used a couple of others.. I am currently on mamba.
Someone on this forum referred to it as the wild west of dating.
good way to look at it, there are 13.5 million users. over half are women
from all over the world, most are FSU. that said you want it on there you can find it.
So for the new or nervous, not a good place to be. I currently have 6 to get down to 2 or 3 before
Oct. so not looking to add to that. But if I were looking in the future. mamba lets dance:)

Offline Bones

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »
Having used EM for the past 9 months, I've gotten a strong sense from the women and their profiles that too many men prefer to stay at home and write letters than actually meet those with whom they correspond. Perhaps this could be a good thing for those of us who are serious? (less competition) A personal example, albeit an extreme one, is with a woman from St. Petersburg. During four letters discussing the subject of our meeting in a months' time away, she still could not believe me - no matter that I have to make arrangments with work and college for the visit. I finally had to break it off when she became disrespectful.
If you seek to be offended by everyone you meet, then you'll succeed.

Offline Larry

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:36 PM »
Bones,
I can well imagine the EM girl in St. Petersburg having that reaction.  There was a thread some time ago that discussed a figure that many people in the industry believe is correct: that only 5% of guys ever get on the plane to meet any girl.  Given this, it's  not surprising that FSUW are skeptical.  But this woman's level of skepticism is so unreasonable that I cannot imagine she wil be successful in her search.

I spoke to two different St. Petersburg women and during my first conversation with each was told they don't want to talk on the phone or on skype. They just want me to visit them.  I replied that would come to visit them if we talked and developed some rapport, but I wasn't going to fly halfway around the world to visit someone I did not know at all.

Flying without knowing them at all puts all the risk on the guy.  These girls think that's perfectly fine, but I don't have to do it.

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2011, 03:55:41 PM »
More reasons why men are more likely to avoid EM in the future: too many women jaded by keyboard Romeos, some women who have become a bit too spoiled by the Western men who actually make the flight....
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline Larry

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »
More reasons why men are more likely to avoid EM in the future: too many women jaded by keyboard Romeos, some women who have become a bit too spoiled by the Western men who actually make the flight....

One would think so.  But so many guys get lured in by the nice, easy-to-navigate website, and plethora of very good-looking English-speaking women.   I know plenty of guys here who just default to using EM without thinking it through.  The lure of the hot profiles and the "send expression of interest" button is just too powerful for them to resist.  Then when they get a positive reply to their expressions of interest, it's like giving out crack to a crackhead.  They like it. They love it. They want some more of it. They gotta have it.  Just like Chris Rock says about Krispy Kreme doughnuts...

And these are guys are at least exposed to the drawbacks of EM.  Most guys who are searching don't even know to come to places like this.  I didn't even find out about this place until I was into my second FSUW relationship, and bought "The Russian Bride Guide".

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 04:25:14 PM »

Could also be that StP is the most European of the major Russian cities due to the easy drive to Helsinki or Tallinn and that the StP girls are a bit spoiled and jaded - StP is a major industrial region within a 500KM range and I personally know of folks here that routinely visit factories there - I suspect you would have a slightly different attitude in Tver, Volgograd, Samara, Omsk, Izhevsk, Togliatti, Tomsk, Pyatiagorsk, Ekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Barnaul, Valdivostok etc etc - USA only covers 4 time zones and RU 11 so looking in StP and Moscow like trying to date NYC and LA ladies it is going to take some jingle if you want to mingle as with no money no honey because these ladies will need to see the finance if you want the Romance - no "eye by eye" face time and no love contract (marriage) it is what it is.