The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: rosebrides.com  (Read 2277 times)

Offline censu

• Fortune favors the bold!
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
rosebrides.com
« on: June 02, 2011, 07:53:53 AM »
I did a search on here for rosebrides.com and could only find 3 referrences, can anyone tell me A, is it considered a reputable site,  B, any personal experience with it, and C, there are a lot of women from around the world on that site, I've noticed a lot from Latvia, anyone had any experience looking for love in Latvia?

Thanks

C

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: rosebrides.com
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 08:52:18 AM »
I have spent quite a bit of time in Latvia.

It is not a place known for scamming because few wife hunters venture there. Also, as an EU member and the second affluent of the Baltic countries, there isnt the level of desperation to fuel any scamming as there is in poorer places.

What do venture there are British and other guys on stag nights etc. on budget flights. This makes many of the women in and around Riga do this  (:) at the mention of foreign men.

Anyone holding a Latvian passport should fall under the US visa waiver programme; allowing them to visit the US as a tourist with little formality. Not all residents will hold a Latvian passport. Some will hold Russian passports and some will hold grey alien passports.

On the whole, it is a place I think very worthwhile to look in. Partially because of the afore mentioned lack of desperation, and partly because it is off the well-worn route to Odessa and Kiev so many seem to want to tread.

If it were me, I would be looking outside Riga primarily. While you are looking there, extend your search to Lithuania and southern Estonia too.

I have no experience of the site you mention. There are an interesting mix of locations of women listed though; I just had a peek.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.