The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Ye Olde Age Difference  (Read 269476 times)

Offline DonA

Ye Olde Age Difference
« on: May 13, 2007, 08:04:43 AM »
Well it is very early on this Sunday morning. My little Lady is still asleep of course ;D so I am sitting her looking at the board and since I am a little bored right now I figured I would try stir things up a little by starting this thread. I know that age difference is a sore subject to some and the debate can get heated. I kind of want to do an experiment here and see if this board will behave differently on this subject then on the other boards.

As for myself.

From the time my first wife and I separated I dated young Ladies from the early to late twenties. The oldest Lady I dated here in Az was 28. For a time I live with  a crazy GCG from Belarus who was 21-22 at the time (another story for another time ;D ) So in my world dating ladies a whole lot younger then I was not a stretch.

As far as Yulia;

Yulia’s ideal guy would have been a Russian guy between the ages of 30 and 35. Yulia was more then a little surprised when she realized she was attracted to me and even more surprised that she fell in love with me.

As far as US;

Well we are coming up on 4 years as a couple and neither of us feel or see the age difference.

A little true story

A couple of years ago Yulia and I were having  a discussion about her Mom and how her Mom needed to change the way she was doing some things. Yulia said to me that I needed to understand that her Mom is a lot older then me and it would be difficult for her to change things at her age. I told her ;Yulia your mother is only 7 years older then me :o Yulia, while bug eyed said…oh yeah I forgot about that :o

So folks what is your experience and / or thoughts on Age Difference

DonAz

Offline bgreed

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Ye Olde Age Difference
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 08:23:43 AM »
Well Don since both you and I get better looking the older we get it's no surprise to be able to date younger women.   :) 8)

I think sometimes we perceive ourselves as older than we appear.  For example I was talking to a lady the other night at a party she had her two daughters with her 6 and 4 I comment how cute they were and that I remebered when my kids were that age.  When I told her that my son will be sixteen in September and my daughter fourteen next month she couldn't believe I looked old enough to have kids that age.  And believe me there's enough snow on the roof to prove it.  :)

Now when it comes to FSUW, well Lena has always liked more mature men.  Maybe it is because in her first marriage that didn't go well was someone her own age.  Al we know is that we're a perfect match for eachother in everyway and right now being apart just drives us both nuts.

So I think if you are willing to keep yourself up mentally and physically that you can have a lot of very good years together.  By the way Lena and I are twenty two years different in age and it seems no matter who we meet their comment is always to the effect that " you two look like such a couple !"

Now I'm going to diverge here with a shot story from ou first meeting.  Lena took me to see a large old church in Sumy which is a beautiful old Russian orthodox church.  We went in through the 16' tall cast iron doors bought some candles to light from the babushka on duty.  We spent a while looking and me oooing and ahhing over the architecture (tough to believe I'm in the building trads huh :) )  Well on the way out the old babushka stops Lena and starts talking to her.  Now my Russian is pretty limited, but it was pretty obvious I or we were the topic of conversation.  On the walk back to Lenas apartment I asked her what the babuska had said.  I was told that she said a number of things but the main part is that she felt we were a blessed couple. :) ;D 8)

There are a few other interesting stories but I will save them for another time.

Offline Patrick

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 08:37:24 AM »
It is amazing at times how they forget the age difference. To them we are just their husband . I have it good now. Marynas mom is here with us so we see her everyday. There is almost as much difference in between her mom and I as there is between Maryna and I. People do look and wonder at times I think , hum wonder who that man in the middle is ? I am to the point now where I don't think about it like I use to.

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 08:42:58 AM »
Damn, here goes the neighborhood!!! :-*

Personally Don, I don't think people with over 5 years age difference should be together and you and Yulia probably only think you are happy and should get divorced.    Sure.  

The only comment I disagree with in page one of what will likely be a 40 page thread is bgreeds comment that we percieve ourselves as older than we are.   I think for most people they look in the mirror to shave and try to figure out who that older guy looking back at us is and how he got inside our medicine cabinet.

I agree with everyone's post.   VWRW and I have more age difference than most and we never even think about it. 

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »
My ex wife and I were the same age, we were married nearly 20 years, I guess we just grew apart after having the kids etc,  she walked out for someone else and I ended up looking after my three kids for around 7 years (and still) until they finished school and eventually all got good jobs, my youngest was 18 last week and is also now working also.

Around 3 years ago I split up with a British lady who I had been with 3-4 years, she was 14 years younger than me, the age difference was never a problem, in fact it was a positive advantage at times, I am now involved with a RW who is 10 years younger than me, we have no problems with the age difference, in fact on the contrary this and my last relationships both women have said they prefer men to be a few years or so older than them, 5 -15 years older was never a problem. I think they feel more secure if the man is some years older.

In my opinion though age has nothing or at most very little to do with why relationships fall apart, age is in the mind, you are as old as you feel, in fact wasn't it May West who said "you are only as old as the women you feel"  ;D

Some people are old before their time, I know some guys in their thirties who act like they are really in their sixties and some who are in their sixties who act like they are teenagers. Everyone of us is different, I am 49 but have a young outlook on life and personally still think I am young.  Positive or optimistic people like myself think differently to pesemistic or negative people, so the age factor can be looked at completely differently by the two groups.

Again I personally consider age to be more of an attitude factor rather than a physical factor. Of course when the age difference is 25, 30 years or more then it probably does have more of a bearing on the relationship, for all sorts of reasons. But then again, I know couples who have age differences of 30 years + with their Russian wives and some have been married going on for 10 years now and they are as strong as ever. :)

What does it matter what the age difference is, as long as the couple themselves are happy then it is no one elses business!
Слава Україні

I/O

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 09:02:01 AM »
Well it is very early on this Sunday morning. My little Lady is still asleep of course ;D so I am sitting her looking at the board and since I am a little bored right now I figured I would try stir things up a little by starting this thread. I know that age difference is a sore subject to some and the debate can get heated. I kind of want to do an experiment here and see if this board will behave differently on this subject then on the other boards.

Don:  You wanted to stir things up a bit.  Well listen here you lame duck run down sob, just who do you think you are saying I cant date someone just out of kindy?  Does that help?  ;D ;D

YeeeeeeeeHahhhhh this could be a goodun'.  My take on it.  Not yet married, been working on that with one lady for 2 + years now and hopefully on the home straight now.  Not difficult and not easy.  Different things will arise from time to time which surprise us.  In the early stages, it is more about the management of the difference than the difference itself. 

IMHO there is no place for a guy in an age gap relationship who is not pretty dammed secure within himself.  I tend to think, Russian women, at least in  my experience are more focused on family security than having the latest hot stud on their arm and as such are generally more accepting of age gap relationships.   But hey my fiance' scored on both counts. ;D Ooops, that was my ego I was trying to stroke, I think I missed and stroked something else. ;D ;D

What I do think is important is to face up to the fact that differences will exist and manage those differences.  Just puting ones head in the sand and hoping they will go away is IMO the wrong way to go. 

I/O

Offline Chris

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:08:10 AM »

IMHO there is no place for a guy in an age gap relationship who is not pretty dammed secure within himself.  I tend to think, Russian women, at least in  my experience are more focused on family security than having the latest hot stud on their arm and as such are generally more accepting of age gap relationships.  
I/O

Yep I tend to agree with that too!
Слава Україні

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 09:14:08 AM »
I also agree that someone needs to be comfortable in his own skin.  I/O, just out of curiosity what is the age difference with you and your lovely lady?

Offline DonA

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 09:24:54 AM »

Don:  You wanted to stir things up a bit.  Well listen here you lame duck run down sob, just who do you think you are saying I cant date someone just out of kindy?  Does that help?  ;D ;D

??? ??? ??? OK Aussie man can you repeat that in English ;D

YeeeeeeeeHahhhhh this could be a goodun'. 

I agree...so far so good. :) Lots of excellent replies so far  :)

My take on it.  Not yet married, been working on that with one lady for 2 + years now and hopefully on the home straight now.  Not difficult and not easy.  Different things will arise from time to time which surprise us.  In the early stages, it is more about the management of the difference than the difference itself. 

I see that my impression of you, from all of your posts, is right on the money. I see you're a savvy cat who takes his time ( I think the Aussie IMMy laws make you to do it too though..yes? )
I/O if I'm not being (TOO) NOSEY would you please share with us the age difference between you and your Lady?

IMHO there is no place for a guy in an age gap relationship who is not pretty dammed secure within himself.  I tend to think, Russian women, at least in my experience are more focused on family security than having the latest hot stud on their arm and as such are generally more accepting of age gap relationships.   But hey my fiance' scored on both counts. ;D Ooops, that was my ego I was trying to stroke, I think I missed and stroked something else. ;D ;D
hehehe I love it. I feel the same way about myself. I know I'm cute. My wife tells me that all the time ;D Besides that my wife first fell for me because of my sense of humor. I would constantly make fun of myself. Most of the letters I wrote her before we met were about how I would fall on my face when I though I had all the answer to some particular situation.. She loved how I would write about that and about how I would thwart my sons when they tried to get over on me. That helped to see me apart from the 30+ guys who were writing to her. I made me self a real person to her in my letters and that also helped her to see past the age difference

What I do think is important is to face up to the fact that differences will exist and manage those differences.  Just puting ones head in the sand and hoping they will go away is IMO the wrong way to go. 

I/O

Ain't that the truth. i am going to start another thread about that. Thanks for the idea I/O

DonAz

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 10:44:40 AM »
I have 2 friends here in Winnipeg that in their early 40's both with commonlaw wives in their early 20's. They've been together for years,and it works for them. Being 38yo I don't have a problem looking at girls my age,or even wanting to date them. The one I'm going to see this month is 7 years younger.

What worries me is being post 50 yo and not wanting to be with a woman in the same age range. I don't want to be looking at the bar scene and wishing I was 30 younger.

So what's my point ?   I was wondering who some of you handle things when the snide remarks come your way, or do they?   One guy on here looked like her was pushing 70yo with a girl young enough looking to be his grand daughter.
 And you know the richer you are the more the people will think why she's with you.
I do think there comes a time when the generation gap shrinks to a point where there's little difference.

Offline DonA

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 11:06:32 AM »
Before Yulia came over my Sister ( out of concern for me) broke my chops about her only wanting a Green card. My sister met Yulia on the same day she arrived. We stayed at her home with her family. Well they all fell in love with her right away. Yulia was shy at first but warmed up quickly. Next thing you know My Yulia is in the kitchen helping my Sister and my 3 ( older then Yulia ) nieces to prepare the barbecue.  my nieces now tease her some and call her either TA_TA Yulia or Aunt Yulia. The youngest niece is 4 years older than my Yulia

My youngest brother, younger by 9 years, broke my chops, but in a funny and little brother kind of way. He kept asking me when  was I going to get a woman who was old enough to vote. He said this to me for several years before he met Yulia being that all the women I dated were so young. . Then sfter meeting Yulia, he wanted to know how a putz like me was able to be so lucky to find such a gem as my Yulia .

Brothers and Sisters can be such a pain some times .
To be perfectly honest ( at the risk of getting clubbed here ) Women in my age group do not do a dang thing for me. Why go with someone who you aren't attracted too? Well I ain't (wasn't ) gonna do it.

DonAz

I/O

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
Don: Gee wiz you guys really do want me to spill my guts here dontcha. 

English? Int that some lingo what poms talk with? ;D I think ya'll got my point. ::)

Age difference is 17 years and 14 days if you want exact numbers, both Tureans.  Go figure. ::) ::) Don, I dunno about being savvy, maybe, I simply force myself to step back and look at the realities of any given situation and I think if one does that in an objective way, so far as is possible, one can't help but just cruise along at a comfortable pace.  One, I think, has got to look at things as they actually are and not as you would like them to be.

I'm generally a fairly easy going character that doesn't stir up much of a fuss, but a few things do raise my ira a little.  False or misleading information at any level, be it here or in business lights my fuse a bit.  People trying to shroud facts with bullshit doesn't cut it with me.  Some poor dumb guy was in my office a few days ago trying to sell something that was useless and he knew it.  I heard him out then summarily kicked him out and I suspect he still can't figure where he went wrong. ;D ;D

I don't like being pushed and I am a slow thinker, thus I like time to think something through and if I can't see a clear answer, I will shelve it until I do.  My fiance' is much the same, she just doesn't move quickly on important decisions, although her youth does allow her more lattitude in that way than I allow myself.

As for our immigration laws, I don't know that the time span is any worse or as bad as the USA situation.  Basically the application for a SC 300 (K-1 translated) can take up to 10 months to be completed, but processing standards force the embassy to complete within that time frame.  There is some old hidden reg in there that says something about an application not being lodged until 9 months after the first meeting, but I don't think that is applied much now. 

I dunno, but I saw age gap, culture gap, language gap and location gap as all being things which needed time to blend.  Neither of us were actually jumping over ourselves to get married as such.  I guess, although there was always the possability of something romantic developing between us, it wasn't really a focus for quite some time.  In lots of ways, we are still one of the most unromantic couples you would meet.

When she is here, she heads off and does her own thing quite a deal of the time and likewise, when I am in her home city, I do my own thing quite a bit also.  We can both be awfully bullheaded at times (Yeah no comments from the peanut gallery) and we like to do our own thing, but by the same token we are both fiercely loyal, which we both understand and appreciate. 

All that said, I am realist enough to understand that nothing is set in concrete until the concrete is dry and for us, there is a way to go yet before that is in fact the case.  I guess if I was to tender some advice to anyone considering an age gap relationship, it would be, don't kid yourself, there WILL be issues and some of those will probably last a lifetime. 

Yes it can be done and it can work very well, however, being slightly cautious, if I was starting again, I would do much the same and that was a preferred limit of 10 years difference, but not a closed mind on other options.  The key is managing those issues when they DO arrise.

KenC has done this successfully and has spoken about it from time to time.  I think he would have much more to offer on this subject than me.

FWIW

I/O

Offline DonA

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »
I/O
I found myself nodding my head in agreement with you all the way to the bottom of your post. You bring home a lot of the important aspects of dealing with age difference in the looking and dating part . I will try to write another thread ( or Maybe Kenc will I agree he is the man to do it ) about the life and Marriage with a Lady much younger then the man.
A complicated subject and must be looked at in cold blooded way  and a business like view.

Again excellent Post I/O

DonAz

I/O

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 12:32:16 PM »
Don: I am probably just "Shooting the shit" here a little, but I concur entirely that a "Cold, hard, light of day" view should be taken.  It seems to me if the more "Logistical" type issues (For the want of a better word) are addressed then that allows the foundations for the more romantic type things to flourish. I feel it is a huge mistake to try to do it the other way around.   

This is an entirely 'nother subject, but it forms part of the reason that when mine and I first hooked up online, I made a concious decision that I would concentrate on her alone.  I had done otherwise in the past.  I am not trying to push my "Visit One" idea so much, as pointing out that this allowed me the time to devote to digging into some very practical ideals and deciding whether or not there was any point at all in getting further involved.

I can see the point in early meetings, but for us it simply wouldn't have worked.  We didn't have enough common language and even after a long time communicating, it took us some time together before we really jumped the hurdle and went all in.  Had we not dealt with a lot of those very practical ideals long before, I doubt we'd have had the confidence in each other to ever go the next step.  Certainly some of that can be attributed to the difference in age. 

But as I keep saying to her, you started this not me. ;D ;D  She just grins and says, "Yep, so that makes me more clever than you".  Go figure. ;D ;D

I/O

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 12:33:28 PM »
Quote from: Donaz
I'll let you folks in on a little secret. 99.999% of the successful FSUW/WM couples that we know have a 18+ year difference in age.

I guess we are the fraction of a percent he refers to here.

This is the age old question oft debated on different boards.

Personally I was/am not old enough to be able to seek a huge age gap, (37) so ask me again when I am 55.  ;D My wife is 30 BTW.

When asked by people, my general recommendation is that up to 10 years does not present an issue, up to 15 would not be an issue unless you are a steaming SRM seeking top grade totty. I feel that once you go beyond 15 years, especially into the 20-25+ bracket, the size of your wallet must increase incremtally with the size of the age gap you seek. This is reinforced by the fact that older chaps on the forums with the younger wives are never impecunious. Having said that, I dont believe that my viewpoint casts any aspersions on the women who get involved with significantly older men, other than if they accept this situation, they naturally would want to know that they will be well provided for, especially when the dude kicks the bucket.

In debating this in the past with Don on a long forgotten forum and Ken on another forum [2009 edit: the latter now divorced], it was curious that although it has worked for these two nicely, they both did not specifically recommend it as an avenue for others.

It is a fact that some women will not entertain a large age gap at all, my wife was one such woman. Her view was that very few women would accept it. However, both our views as to how many will accept it have changed a little. From her recent work with men and women through her site, it seems a great percentile of women seeking a foreign husband will accept an age gap, and sometimes quite a considerable one, if they are assured that the man in question is in good shape, good health, free from major vices and good husband material. 

There are a handful of chaps dotted around the forums who have made a big age gap work, and are seemingly in very happy marriages. However, there are more trainwrecks than successes in this endeavour and a large age gap stacks the odds against you more than they are anyway. I have yet to see a situation where the guy has reached 70+ and his smokinhot wife is still a 39 year old knockout with a Western passport and fluent English, that would differ as to the personalities involved I guess, but the odds would reduce to single digits I guess.

So yes it can be done, if the bloke is very self assured and affluent and preferably not an SRM and goes into it very well educated with his eyes wide open. Having big balls would not go amiss, you will need them.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
I'll let you folks in on a little secret. 99.999% of the successful FSUW/WM couples that we know have a 18+ year difference in age.

I really wonder why that is though. Any thoughts?

DonAz
Soo, I should just forget about RW/UW for now, or go with 15-year-old-kids  ;D

Im usually looking for 7 year younger age gap as a maximum (26), but I found out many girls who are only 0-5 years my junior (28-33) think I am too young for them.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »
There are some nice posts here and some good thoughts.   According to Don's early statement I/O you are just about average for the people he knows.

I think it would be interesting to hear some of KenC's comments about what I/O said about the issues that surface sooner or later.    If there are I am sure I will find out later if not sooner.   I have never been in a marriage with a big age gap but I was in one LTR a number of STR's and currently my second engagement with that and never really saw any except discussons of the practical side of it.

It was interesting to hear I/O's comments on his relationship and compare that to my own.  I am not saying one thing is better than the other it is not, just different as all people and all relationships are different.   I/O mentioned they both like to head out on their own.  In mine we had some talks early on about both needing our own space and time alone but in practice we seem more like we want to be together every minute.   We go into a restaurant and they try to seat us across from each other and we quickly rearrange everything so we are side by side and tight together.  I hope it lasts because I like it.

As far as Manny's statement that the size of the wallet must increase with the age gap.  I thought that was cute and there are a lot of younger women who would want exactly that.   I don't think it is true in every case and don't think it is true in with my fiancee but I do think the practical, or shall I say financial side of a big age difference needs to be discussed and resolved.   

Well, it is a nice calm discussion so far.  Perhaps we can find a former female poster at another forum to join us and we can hear about saggy butts and teeth falling out.

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 01:57:45 PM »
 I agree Turbo, some very good comments so far, an interesting read, not the typical debate I have seen on this topic in the past.

I admit a preference for younger women that just kinda happened in my late 20's, I was newly single when a beautiful 18 year old girl from work asked me out...she asked me if I wanted to go swimming at her place  ;)  I was a little shocked that someone so young and gorgeous would want to date me, this fed my ego I guess and expanded my age dating range.

My ex wife was only 7 years younger, but after the divorce (when I was 34) I began dating many young women, but tried to date a few my age, but things just didn't click with the older ones...maybe I was immature, or maybe it was because I still looked very young, dressed younger, listened to popular music..etc.

Nataly and I have a 17 year age difference, she is 23 and I am 39. The only problem I have with this kind of gap is that she is of course at a different time in her life right now, figuring out what she wants to do with her life, going to University, looking for a good job...all the kind of stuff you do in your early 20's...it's also a very emotional time in your life, if you guys can remember back that far  :P  Remember when everything was such a big deal? When it seemed like the world would end because you didn't get the job you wanted, or your car broke down? 

Dating a younger woman takes LOTS of patience and understanding, and part of the reason these women date us old guys is because we have been through it all, and can help with our infinite wisdom!  ;D  Russian women do like their men to be "like wall" and to be their rock during these emotional times, this is where our experience and wisdom comes in, and why these type of relationships work so well.

Offline Simoni

• Sometimes known as Rocket Man.
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »
Shattershooting after reading this thread....

~I do feel younger than I am, and I do gasp when I see the mirror and think "who is that guy in there!?"

~As a couple, we don't feel any age difference, and everyone accepts us as a couple at restaurants, church, etc.

~We have a 22 year age difference.  But when I read this number, it does not seem possible

~She is 32; when I dated younger girls, they did seem to immature; I think girls who finished secondary school before the USSR broke up are more mature than younger girls, who are more westernized.

~I would have no problems if Marina were 10 or 15 years older....EXCEPT....we want our own family and children, so her age is perfect...too much older would not work.

And I think it's going to be a long, long time...

Offline pup zemly

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
I'll try not to join your talks, or I'll be banned
It is so funny when a 60 yo man writes "I am young at heart". All of us are young at heart.
As for me, I prefer young appearance too.
stop me or I'll say what I think of it

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »
I'll try not to join your talks, or I'll be banned
It is so funny when a 60 yo man writes "I am young at heart". All of us are young at heart.
As for me, I prefer young appearance too.
stop me or I'll say what I think of it

I would like to hear about it, as I am seriously interested in finding a good woman and do not want failure after failure.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Jinx

• Watched
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 02:27:44 PM »
Julie,

Your friend Tom has admitted his age is in his late 50's, but it didn't stop you from flirting with him  ;D

You liked my pic too, even though I am an old man of 39! What is your age Julie, and what is your age preference for a man?

Offline Chris

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 02:35:17 PM »

I really wonder why that is though. Any thoughts?

DonAz

Here are some of my thoughts.

In previous generations men in their early / mid 50's plus were ready for the pipe and slippers and were getting ready for the grim reaper, it is just not the case now and I think women especially from FSU appreciate and value the security, reliability etc these guys can give them, and they don't have the instability and hang ups of some of the younger men like the ones they can get at home anytime.

Just look at profiles of many younger women in their late 20's and 30's and upwards and see the wide age group of men they are happy to consider as a future partner, do they know something we don't? Most of them will consider a relationship with a much older man, and from what I know their families will also condone this! and in general do not see it as a problem.

Why is the lady considering you, a man 15-25 years her senior? The answers are simple: stability, security and caring. You have a stable and secure career. You have time to pay attention to her and you won't spend fifteen hours a day in the office while you ignore her and your home life. You're settled and responsible. You won't jealously guard your authority as the head of the household, but have learned that a husband and wife are partners, equals. You're not just looking for a good time or playing games, but you are serious about finding a wife you can love and respect. You're a good man and you've proven yourself. Remember when you were 35? You weren't very mature were you? Well, you are now and she likes that. If she knows your age and is still interested in you, then it doesn't matter. Forget the age thing. It's not important.

Chris
Слава Україні

Offline Yozhik

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »
Remember when you were 35? You weren't very mature were you? Well, you are now and she likes that. If she knows your age and is still interested in you, then it doesn't matter. Forget the age thing. It's not important.

Chris

Shoot, I guess I am doomed then, I'm still only 30....

With an average life expectancy of males in Russia being at 59 yrs I wonder how RW's look at that.  If RW's actually study statistics and know that Western numbers are much higher, otherwise I would wonder why RW's are willing to go for a much older man.  If a young 23yo RW is willing to go for a much older chap, she may not have him for a long time. 

I personally decided for myself that I am willing to go 7 yrs junior, not more.  But then for me, I will be running into immaturity problems possibly if the lady is too young.  Better be only a few years different. 

Interesting think markje said.  Being in our early 30's we may be too young for them or perceived to be too unsettled.  Any others' thoughts on that?  Interesting to add that I have had relationships in the past with ladies up to 5 yrs older than me and got along just fine.  An I too mature or they are too immature. 

Offline Manny

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 04:55:37 PM »
Quote from: turbot
Perhaps we can find a former female poster at another forum to join us and we can hear about saggy butts and teeth falling out.

She is_already here!  :-X
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Registration