The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Differences of women of different ages.  (Read 2288 times)

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
Differences of women of different ages.
« on: December 02, 2013, 08:28:10 PM »
Good evening gentlemen:   

As you know I am new at this adventure.  I once read an excellent post by a very intelligent member that said that there are major differences in FSU women that were born and grew up during the times of communism and the women growing up now.  I am 31 years old, and it seems to me after a lot of reading and a few personal experiences that men in their forties do better with women due to this fact regarding the changes after the fall of the wall.  Since I am 31 I don't really look into women that are older than I am.  I generally seek from 25 to 30.  However, I have noticed that the few mature ones I have found that have more goals in life and serious plans for the future are usually over 28.  So, it made me reflect on this other member that said that the best options basically grew up before the end of communism.  I want to know is anyone here corresponding with or engaged with a woman under 28? 

Offline sashathecat

• Spouses Country: Ukraine baby!
Re: Differences of women of different ages.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:36:22 PM »
I am married to a woman who just turned 28. We met when she was 24 years old. I would tend to think that yes, there are slight differences between generations but my wife's generation still holds many of the traits and values that many people seem to think have been lost. I am sure as the world changes each succeeding generation will inevitably change, but that is true almost anywhere in the world.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »
I am married to a woman who just turned 28. We met when she was 24 years old. I would tend to think that yes, there are slight differences between generations but my wife's generation still holds many of the traits and values that many people seem to think have been lost. I am sure as the world changes each succeeding generation will inevitably change, but that is true almost anywhere in the world.

Well stated.

Offline el_guero

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:52:02 PM »
Good evening gentlemen:   

As you know I am new at this adventure.  I once read an excellent post by a very intelligent member that said that there are major differences in FSU women that were born and grew up during the times of communism and the women growing up now.  I am 31 years old, and it seems to me after a lot of reading and a few personal experiences that men in their forties do better with women due to this fact regarding the changes after the fall of the wall.  Since I am 31 I don't really look into women that are older than I am.  I generally seek from 25 to 30.  However, I have noticed that the few mature ones I have found that have more goals in life and serious plans for the future are usually over 28.  So, it made me reflect on this other member that said that the best options basically grew up before the end of communism.  I want to know is anyone here corresponding with or engaged with a woman under 28?

At your age, there are plenty of AW still available with good values.

So, why do you think you need to find someone who grew up under communism?

Wayne

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 10:06:05 PM »
I think you may have to look harder, but, there are still many "good girls" out there.  I know because I have met some and Skyped with some.
Anchors Rewoven

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »
I think you may have to look harder, but, there are still many "good girls" out there. 

This.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline mhr7

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 01:01:51 AM »
Its been my experience that younger women tend to want things to be easy. They want to sit back and let their looks be their only asset. They expect the man to do all of the work, make all the arrangements, travel to their location specifically and of course, you better bring gifts. Many young women are chasing the fantasy of a wealthy man who spoils them and takes them away to a much better place but they don't understand how much effort is involved and how difficult the process can be. They really haven't put much thought into it, they just want it to magically happen.

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »
Its been my experience that younger women tend to want things to be easy. They want to sit back and let their looks be their only asset. They expect the man to do all of the work, make all the arrangements, travel to their location specifically and of course, you better bring gifts. Many young women are chasing the fantasy of a wealthy man who spoils them and takes them away to a much better place but they don't understand how much effort is involved and how difficult the process can be. They really haven't put much thought into it, they just want it to magically happen.
How many younger girls have you been with? And where did you meet them? Just asking because my experience has been different. And for the record, I like things nice and easy ;D. Who doesn't?

I'm talking with regard to their attitude towards men and marriage, and I'm also talking about RW over the age of 23. The vast majority want to build a life together with a man, but the man must be a "man" in the true sense. IOW, you will have to do the heavy lifting, but I have rarely come across an entitlement attitude. Then again, I don't dabble with MOB agencies (not suggesting you do either, just saying). Most RW I have met who are past their university years will definitely carry their own weight.

Bingo. Not much has changed in the 4 years since you met either.

It's no secret that the playing field has shifted and the game is different. If you are one that continues to search for your mate through MOB agencies, then be prepared to deal with an increase in a certain type of woman with a certain type of attitude. And while it's certainly possible to meet a great FSUW this way, I would never go the MOB route if I were doing this in 2014.

For those who insist on going this route, I'd put your odds somewhere close to the Jets winning the Super Bowl. :)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24292239/2014-super-bowl-odds-seahawks-slide-past-broncos
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 02:46:07 PM »
Good evening gentlemen:   

Wayne

Really Wayne? I'm just about to hit 40 but look at least 5-8 years younger (this coming from many others, not me). I'd love to meet some of these AW that you speak of. Can you point me in the right direction?

???

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 04:03:52 PM »
I think you may have to look harder, but, there are still many "good girls" out there. 

This.

B/B

+2
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline el_guero

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »
Good evening gentlemen:   

Wayne

Really Wayne? I'm just about to hit 40 but look at least 5-8 years younger (this coming from many others, not me). I'd love to meet some of these AW that you speak of. Can you point me in the right direction?

???

If that is your avatar, you MIGHT look 8 years younger than 60 .... I would not buy your looking anywhere near 30 ....

If you cannot find good AW's at 40, you are looking in the wrong place ....

Wayne

Offline doc holiday

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2013, 07:14:10 PM »
My wife is 25 and while on average there might be some minor truth to what you say, I do not think it is extreme.  For what it is worth, I think there might be a difference between young girls from Moscow versus young girls from perhaps anywhere else in Russia.  Some people talk about city versus village, but I have been told by the women themselves that the difference is Moscow versus the rest.

Younger girls have more options everywhere in the world, so they might be more selective, but that doesn't mean they don't value the same things.
I'm your huckleberry

Offline patagonie

• Real life is meeting and kissing
  • Spouses Country: ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 01:33:18 AM »
+1
Correct, for all who meet this type of women, expect a lot of difficulties for all the rest of the process and probably a divorce. As the process is long and painful, BOTH have to work hardly on it. It will screw up your story if you find a women with this type of demeanor (the one who wait impatiently that you solve all problems around her and lash out you because it is not quickly done)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 06:56:47 AM »
Good evening gentlemen:   

Wayne

???

If that is your avatar, you MIGHT look 8 years younger than 60 .... I would not buy your looking anywhere near 30 ....

If you cannot find good AW's at 40, you are looking in the wrong place ....

Wayne

:ROFL:

:thumbsup:

Offline RG

• Spouses Country: Now the US
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 09:32:34 AM »
Good evening gentlemen:   

When I was looking, 28 was my lower age cut-off for anything "potentially serious."  This applied in the US as well as in the FSU, with me in my later 30s.  An occasional surprise would come along now and then, in both directions.  An occasional younger girl who really seemed to have things together, as well as women in their 30s and sometimes 40s that acted like they never made it out of their teens.  The "percentages" may have been better in the FSU than in the US, but women are women. 

My wife, whom I met in her late 20s, has met a number of FSUW in the States.  A number of them, from their 20s to their 30s, she calls what we collectively call "party girls," which is short not necessarily for someone drinking and dancing every night, but someone that is still mentally and/or emotionally still acting like they're in their early 20s, and hasn't quite figured out "life" just yet.  There's nothing wrong with this, especially when you are in fact in your early 20s, but it doesn't generally make for the most stable or realistic long term relationship prospects.  :laugh:

Basically, find the right woman, and your questions answer themselves.  Consider if you would date the same girl seriously (and realistically, for the most part) if she lived in your town.  There's no "magic age cutoff" - just find someone compatible that floats your boat, that has enough life experience that she shows real intentions, versus having a Hollywood type set of expectations or fantasies, and go from there.  I'd still agree with "stay away from 21 year olds" and generally be looking at 25 on up, as you've said you've been doing.

At 31, you may have some amount of "proving" to do, depending on how and where you meet, meaning that you may need to show that you are in fact not only "serious," but also capable of moving things forward financially, supporting a family, etc.

Offline CC3

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »

Wayne
Wayne, what's wrong with women who grew up under communism? My daughters grew up under the autocratic semi-dictatorial banker and hedge fund enriching regimes of Clinton and Bush. Does growing up under less-than-ideally desirable regimes affect an individual woman's worth?
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 12:13:35 AM »

Wayne
Wayne, what's wrong with women who grew up under communism? My daughters grew up under the autocratic semi-dictatorial banker and hedge fund enriching regimes of Clinton and Bush. Does growing up under less-than-ideally desirable regimes affect an individual woman's worth?

The women the OP is searching for hardly grew up during communism anyway....they would have been 7 or 8 when communism collapsed so it was really irrelevant.  IMO, even though you were asking EG, I would say it has no bearing whatsoever.  My GF, like yours, actually did grow up with communism, and they are both just fine  tiphat
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline CC3

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 12:26:02 AM »
I agree. Mine is beyond fine...as I am sure yours is.   :thumbsup:
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *snip* die for his.
George S. Patton

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 12:36:01 AM »
I agree. Mine is beyond fine...as I am sure yours is.   :thumbsup:

Indeed  :thumbsup:  :BEER:
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon