The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Anastasia.com scam or real?  (Read 100692 times)

Offline paxton

• Spouses Country: United States
  • Trips: None Yet
Anastasia.com scam or real?
« on: December 17, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »
Is Anastasiadate  a scam or for real?

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
Re: Anastasia.com scam or real?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »
It's one of the worst dating websites one can use. 

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 11:26:14 PM »

Your first post and you asking a question that has been covered repeatedly by previous discussion and comment.  Might I politely suggest you do a couple hours of archive research and then come back to this thread with any unanswered questions you might have.
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline upsylon

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:31:05 AM »
It's one of the worst dating websites one can use.
Yes the worst, equally with allsinglerussiangirls/datingandmatchmaking.

Offline BeachBum

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2011, 09:03:57 PM »

It's both.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 08:32:47 AM »
 is a good tool to find women and than look in local city to find their local agency.  You do not have to pay a dime to use  search engine.

Attractive younger women do not like answering a bunch of letters and skyping with strangers.  The agency does the letter writing for them.  The agency may call the girl on the phone to get additional information if they really find a fool sending letters weekly to get some additional personal information.

Now the new features they have with women on line is another scam.  My wife's cousin does this to pay for her college and for clothes.  That being said my wife's cousin will marry a rich young good looking millionaire who likes a controlling RW.  She has yet to meet any man in person who has come to see her.  Since she is only 19 years old nothing wrong with taking dirty old men money on the internet. 

Offline paxton

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 08:29:32 PM »

Your first post and you asking a question that has been covered repeatedly by previous discussion and comment.  Might I politely suggest you do a couple hours of archive research and then come back to this thread with any unanswered questions you might have.

Sorry I did a search and nothing came up on this site, I did find it very odd

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »
Paxton, there are some wonderful women on the site in question.  Most of these women, the good one's that is, are not aware of the scamming, many think the site will help them.

Paxton both skakespear and myself have probably more knowledge and experience with and about Anastasia than anyone.  Why don't you PM either or both of us.

Offline BeachBum

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 12:10:17 PM »
Paxton, I would recommend you open a account on Vkontakte (vk.com).  This is the Russian version of Facebook and it is free.  Before you invest anytime with a woman on Anastasia, find her on vk first.  About 2/3 of the women on Anastasia can be found very easily on vk using their search engine and the  information Anastasia provides on the women.  If she will talk to you for free on vk, then it is less likely she is a scammer.  Many will ignore you on vk.  I suggest you then ignore them on Anastasia.  My only suggestion is to at least chat with them or get at least one letter from them before contacting them on vk.  Contacting them on vk when they have no knowledge of you is a bit weird.  Also, Anastasia poses as some of the women using their profiles without their knowledge, so make sure when you send a letter to them on vk you mention your contact with them on Anastasia.  Most know Anastasia writes letters on their behalf.  You may want to check out my post in this section about using the Russian social networking site.  I've developed one very good friendship on vk with a woman I met on Anastasia.  We talk every day.  I have three more casusl friendships where we chat once or twice a week and it is all free chat.  For women that don't speak English, use translate.google.com to write them notes.  It works fine for both sending in Russian and translating what they send.

Offline wyo_cementer

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 01:05:27 PM »
Go to russianbrides.com.  It looks exactly like AD.  Scroll to page bottom ad you will find a copyright...AnastasiaDate!  Go figure!

Offline mazimtaim

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »

It's both.

Agreed!

For me it was mostly a scam.  But I can see how you can luck into a nice lady there.

Offline BeachBum

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 07:09:23 AM »

It's both.

Agreed!

For me it was mostly a scam.  But I can see how you can luck into a nice lady there.

Yes, agreed, I think it is about 95% scam and about 5% real.  That has been my assessment based on the number of women from Anastasia willing to talk and develop a relationship without pay per chat or pay per letter on the Russian social networking site Vkontakte (vk.com).

Offline GregSam

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:20:24 PM »
What I have noticed, is you can tell that different ladies have changed when writing to a certain lady letters, different style completely. Then there will be the ones that will not write letters but only want to chat and ones that will not post recent pictures from there cell phone photos.
 Yes I'm a fool for all these and more, like the one in Moldova that I had a private party deliver flowers and give her my private email address. Yes she gave me her address, they delivered flowers and took a picture but she did not want my personal email.
 One thing I have done in the past is to copy and paste her profile in google search, once there was 3 others using the same profile, I don't know maybe they were triplets.
 I do think someone was right earlier, 95% scammers, 5% real, right now I am talking with one from Anastaisia, Eleana's Models, and viewing Kerson Connection. Eleana's we use our personal emails. Kerson Connection I am not sure, at least he is a expat. I am planning my trip in May by myself.

Offline russianbridereality

• Commercial Member
  • Spouses Country: US
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY!
You should see what they did with a Valentine’s Day contest
Offer the women a new car for the ones who do the most live chat!
They pay girls to come to their parties!
Many of their profiles are totally phony!
They have company employees who answer the e-mails
The average rip off per man is about $300-$500 but it goes into the thousands!
check out this site for the girls   www.svadba.com/news.aspx
This company is not about love and romance, it’s just about money!

I also explain what other things they do on my series of videos.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RussianBrideReality?ob=0&feature=results_main

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 09:22:38 PM »
This was a topic that was already mentioned in a previous post about the way they are getting girls to register here is the link to the post  http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=12845.0

Offline John Petaca

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2012, 10:13:38 AM »
Sorry for my English.
Bravo to BeachBum. Bravo for Russianbridereality.
I too have been victim.
!% Percent good, 99% bad. Nice girls not last long at the agency. When they get tired, some deleted their profile, but others leave. These profiles are managed abandoned by others. Sometimes male ..
Personally speaking I checked Eugeni. That was in Nykolaev and he confirmed that charged money for this work.
In situ, it is best to meet Ukrainian women. VK is best if you decide to go later.
In August, I will marry a lovely girl I met by VK.
I'd love to help the thousands of victims of these agencies. Some billed tens of millions of dollars monthly. It is easy to calculate.
Hello desde España...

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2012, 10:52:08 AM »
Here is a general rule that, sadly, holds true more often than not:

If you write to a drop-dead gorgeous girl and she ignores you, she is sincere.
If she responds, she is a scammer.

The moral of this story is that we guarantee our failure by the choices that we make.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 08:23:05 AM »
Here is a general rule that, sadly, holds true more often than not:

If you write to a drop-dead gorgeous girl and she ignores you, she is sincere.
If she responds, she is a scammer.

The moral of this story is that we guarantee our failure by the choices that we make.

The ugly truth is that the above is true. If a man wants to go to the former Soviet Union with the "Anastasia bird in pocket" he is dreaming. There are real women there but your taste and knowledge needs to be refined and sensitive.

To the moderators since this seems to be an ongoing reality why not mash all these unrelated posts in a central one. Might save the mods work & the veterans can shake there heads and sigh (in chat) oh well another one bites the dust!
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »
Sorry for my English.
I too have been victim.
!% Percent good, 99% bad. Nice girls not last long at the agency. When they get tired, some deleted their profile, but others leave. These profiles are managed abandoned by others. Sometimes male ..
Personally speaking I checked Eugeni. That was in Nykolaev and he confirmed that charged money for this work.
In situ, it is best to meet Ukrainian women. VK is best if you decide to go later.
I'd love to help the thousands of victims of these agencies. Some billed tens of millions of dollars monthly. It is easy to calculate.
Hello desde España...

Bienvenido.

That is not your real name. Dime que no es cierto.

Offline John Petaca

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 01:41:37 AM »
Anyone knows this email address?
flowerfield@(removed).ru
Corresponds to a girl Anastasia.
Her name is Ekaterina (last name removed) Igorevna.
It takes more than 4 years writing letters.
She is restrained. She is writing only 10 to 12 men during that time.

(Moderator note: Igorevna is her middle name, not the last name. It is the patronymic name from her father. Her last name is a real name and has been removed.)

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 08:34:56 AM »
flowerfield@mail.ru
Her name is Ekaterina Dolgaja Igorevna.

This the girl you were supposed to be marrying in August that you met on VK? If so what are you doing on Anastasia writing other women?

Sorry for my English.
I too have been victim.
Hello desde España...

Brass

“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 08:46:18 AM »

John, welcome to RUA.

We usually don't divulge complete name and email info so I've deleted some of her info to make this somewhat anonymous.

I'm assuming that the reason you posted is that you believe her to be a scam. Truth is, perhaps she is and there is just as good a chance that a scammer is using the info of an innocent lady without her knowledge. There is also the chance that you could be a jilted guy angry over rejection. We simply don't know and posting personal information here doesn't prove or disprove any of the above.

Lets start with some helpful pointers:

- The number of men a gal writes to is of no consequence. Heck, most uncommitted men start out writing 3 to 4 times that number and eventually narrow the choices down to a very few to visit.

- Likely you mean that she is writing 10-12 and telling them all that she is in love, can't bear life without him, etc, etc. Again, lots of men pull that same act until they're met the real one.

I'd suggest that you do a lot of research and reading here at RUA before getting too serious about any one girl. This will save you both money and heartache. Knowledge is power.

On the other hand, if you're feeling hurt and want to spread the news about this girl to all the world, please do it somewhere else. We don't have time for chasing boogey men women as the men on this forum are serious about finding a wife or maintaining a long term relationship with their Russian bride. There are websites out there, worth far less than the fees they charge, if any, and they'd be so happy to wallow in misery right alongside any man who feels jilted or scammed.

Meantime you are at the right place to learn how to find and cultivate a relationship with a real and sincere lady so stick around and be willing to learn how to be successful before you waste time and energy in the wrong directions.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »

flowerfield@(removed).ru
Her name is Ekaterina (last name removed) Igorevna.

John, Welcome here!

Why not read some threads and figure out this endeavor. We as a group we will help and give suggestions. We can help the needy but rarely the greedy.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »

This is very vague. It is impossible to determine whether you wrote to this person for four years or you have information that she or he has been active for four years. Please clarify.

Offline John Petaca

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 11:21:36 AM »
Hi Brasscasing.

A long time ago that I let Anastasia put her hands on my money.
I met my girlfriend later.
With explanations of it, I understood many things Russian bride business.
Some organizations make a lot of money trading with the feelings of men and material needs of the girls from the East.
Being cheated repeatedly can leave deep wounds.

Do not forget, my focus is to help potential victims ...
John.

Registration