The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women  (Read 7936 times)

Offline marcusholgate

• Trips: 1-5
Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:56:02 AM »
When I search the Russian women dating sites I see there are also many Ukrainian women featured, and some Belarussian women. What are differences between them if any?

Offline Barbossa

• Trips: 10-20
Re: Differences between Russian women and Ukrainian women
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:06:14 AM »
When I search the Russian women dating sites I see there are also many Ukrainian women featured, and some Belarussian women. What are differences between them if any?

Ukrainian women are much better looking.  Their feet don't stink after being in pumps all day long.  They are much better cooks than their Russian  or Belarus counterparts.  And they are much more likely to fall in love with a Western Man.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »
At the risk of repeating myself,

I am new, so I do not know about all the past discussions. But, can I please ask you guys who are married or about to be married or really want this cool Russian woman... what if she says:

'I love you sweetheart, but I am sorry, I just cannot live in the USA; but marry me and let us live in Russia'

...or if already in the west ...

'I love you so much Husband, but I am terribly unhappy here in the west; please, let us move our family and have our lives in Russia'

Seriously guys. What do you do? :) :)

Quote from: Chris 10th July
Aron, Is this a real situation, that you, or a friend needs help with, or is it really just a way to garner information for your blog?

Is this just an information gathering exercise to help fill your blog?
Слава Україні

Offline Millaa

• looking for a hero
  • Spouses Country: Hayshenway
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 10:18:48 AM »

Ukrainian women are much better looking.  Their feet don't stink after being in pumps all day long.  They are much better cooks than their Russian  or Belarus counterparts.  And they are much more likely to fall in love with a Western Man.

You forgot to mention that Russians have a tail and horns and drink vodka since morning.
Скептический ум - страшное оружие с собственным счастьем

Offline Ladine

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »

You forgot to mention that Russians have a tail and horns and drink vodka since morning.

and Russian and Belarusians do not drink? Ogogo. More like drinking
smart will learn - a fool would teach.
Никогда не оправдывайся, если ты невиновен. Если в вас бросают грязью, к вам может и не долететь. А руки того, кто это делает, останутся в грязи. Люблю вас всех.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 03:25:38 PM »
At the risk of repeating myself,

I am new, so I do not know about all the past discussions. But, can I please ask you guys who are married or about to be married or really want this cool Russian woman... what if she says:

'I love you sweetheart, but I am sorry, I just cannot live in the USA; but marry me and let us live in Russia'

...or if already in the west ...

'I love you so much Husband, but I am terribly unhappy here in the west; please, let us move our family and have our lives in Russia'

Seriously guys. What do you do? :) :)

Quote from: Chris 10th July
Aron, Is this a real situation, that you, or a friend needs help with, or is it really just a way to garner information for your blog?

Is this just an information gathering exercise to help fill your blog?

Now that is a novel approach.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 02:32:14 PM »

Ooo, this dropped you down a few notches with Natashka.  :chuckle:

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »

Considering he has a GF in Niko, I doubt he is very concerned (hence the bias).  I do have to ask though Barb....how do you come to such conclusions?  You have dated one Ukrainian girl and how many Russian or Belorussian women?  I only ask as a curiosity.  FWIW, I just spent 2 weeks with a lovely Russian woman who walked around in pumps all day and her feet were perfect...not to mention, she is an outstanding cook.  Oh, and she does not drink vodka :)
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Barbossa

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 03:38:20 PM »
Can she cook borsch? 

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 03:46:25 PM »
Can she cook borsch?

To be honest, I do not know.  Borsch is a Ukrainian dish anyway isn't it?  She does make a mean Plov (I believe that is the correct spelling) though.   :nod:

We spent only a few days in a B&B with access to the kitchen facilities and the rest of the time in a hotel so we ate out a lot.  The next trip we will be in an apartment so I will be able to sample more of her dishes.  For those wondering, of course I help out in the kitchen.  tiphat
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »
Borsch is a Ukrainian dish anyway isn't it? 

Borsch is popular all over the region. Each does it slightly differently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht#Other_regional_recipes
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 04:37:29 PM »

and you forgot to add that they still look 20 yo even when they are in their 50s!  :chuckle:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »

I would say: "each family does it slightly different".

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
Can she cook borsch?

To be honest, I do not know.  Borsch is a Ukrainian dish anyway isn't it?  She does make a mean Plov (I believe that is the correct spelling) though.   :nod:
And Plov is an Asian dish that comes from places like Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, still very popular all over FSU.
There is a number of dishes that are made all over FSU and trying to separate Ukrainian food from Russian is like trying to figure out how American hokey is different from Canadian. In the Soviet Union people were displaced and moved around the USSR by millions. I believe there are more ethnic Ukrainians living in Russia than in Ukraine and there are plenty of ethnic Russians who live in Ukraine. Besides, the majority of FSU people are mixed anyway. There is a funny saying that goes something like this: "take a Russian, scratch off the top layer of skin and you will find a Tatar underneath". The reason you see such a variety of beautiful exotic women there because the Slavs mixed with Asians (there are both Far Eastern and Middle Eastern mixes, Vikings, and other Europeans and even Africans (probably the most admired and famous Russian poet: A. Pushkin was a mix of Russian and African.
 :biggrin:

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
Can she cook borsch?

And Plov is an Asian dish that comes from places like Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan, still very popular all over FSU.
There is a number of dishes that are made all over FSU and trying to separate Ukrainian food from Russian is like trying to figure out how American hokey is different from Canadian. In the Soviet Union people were displaced and moved around the USSR by millions. I believe there are more ethnic Ukrainians living in Russia than in Ukraine and there are plenty of ethnic Russians who live in Ukraine. Besides, the majority of FSU people are mixed anyway. There is a funny saying that goes something like this: "take a Russian, scratch off the top layer of skin and you will find a Tatar underneath". The reason you see such a variety of beautiful exotic women there because the Slavs mixed with Asians (there are both Far Eastern and Middle Eastern mixes, Vikings, and other Europeans and even Africans (probably the most admired and famous Russian poet: A. Pushkin was a mix of Russian and African.
 :biggrin:

That would make sense as she is a Tatar.  You can catch a glimpse of Asian features in her face which adds a touch of the exotic to her beauty.  I found it interesting that other RW (not from that region) do not think too highly of them as illustrated in this quote:

"Tatars very obedient both cook and cleaner, however as all Asians. To you feet will wash also this water to drink"

Not sure what that last part meant.  An insult perhaps?  They drink the same water they wash their feet in?  Well, she doesn't so I am safe in that regard :).

I personally feel there should not be comparisons made with RW and UAW.  If you take an eraser to the UA and RU border, not knowing it previously existed, would you really notice much difference?  I think it would be like various differences in the UK or US by region.  They have their subtle differences but very similar in many ways. 
Two Favorites:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 05:35:31 PM »
If you take an eraser to the UA and RU border, not knowing it previously existed, would you really notice much difference?  I think it would be like various differences in the UK or US by region.  They have their subtle differences but very similar in many ways.
very well put, Mike. I also feel the differences are mostly dictated by the culture of the place where they are living and has nothing to do with ethnicity.

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:36:39 PM »

I should have clarified my statement to read "originally".  I knew it was popular all over the region and have seen many different types and colors and have never had a bad bowl....except when I tried it cold  :sick0012:

I will stick to the hot versions from now on :) 
Two Favorites:

Offline bagalia

• Spouses Country: Ukraine/USA
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 06:20:15 PM »
And there you have it. The only difference in far too many RW is prejudice. To the Baltics, those misbehaving ungrateful lowlifes who had nothing before the empire gave it to them. To Ukraine, who we never did anything bad to. To the Southern countries, the dogs who eat their own babies and whom we lovingly label negre. There is not much difference when it comes to the physical and they can all be fantastic women. It is only IMHO that they are conceited and many are prejudice. Almost 1950s Georgia USA style.

I think it holds true more for the general and older population than for just the women. I believe that you will find many who do not think this way at least about all three but try it as an experiment sometime. What do you think about the Baltics rebellion? Is it true what they say about Stalin and Ukraine? What do you think about the Uz, Kaz and Chech Southern countries?

Now that I have alienated myself from half the list I will run Forest run.

Go Ukraine.
Misery is the river of the world; everybody row, everybody row.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 06:50:34 PM »
And there you have it. The only difference in far too many RW is prejudice. To the Baltics, those misbehaving ungrateful lowlifes who had nothing before the empire gave it to them. To Ukraine, who we never did anything bad to. To the Southern countries, the dogs who eat their own babies and whom we lovingly label negre. There is not much difference when it comes to the physical and they can all be fantastic women. It is only IMHO that they are conceited and many are prejudice. Almost 1950s Georgia USA style.

I think it holds true more for the general and older population than for just the women. I believe that you will find many who do not think this way at least about all three but try it as an experiment sometime. What do you think about the Baltics rebellion? Is it true what they say about Stalin and Ukraine? What do you think about the Uz, Kaz and Chech Southern countries?

Now that I have alienated myself from half the list I will run Forest run.

Go Ukraine.
LOL, funny post, however Ukrainians are just as prejudice even more so  tiphat

Offline Manny

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 12:42:45 AM »
To the Baltics, those misbehaving ungrateful lowlifes who had nothing before the empire gave it to them.

Which empire, the EU? Because that is under whom they have flourished. :ROFL:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 07:43:34 AM »

Considering he has a GF in Niko, I doubt he is very concerned (hence the bias). I do have to ask though Barb....how do you come to such conclusions?  You have dated one Ukrainian girl and how many Russian or Belorussian women?  I only ask as a curiosity.  FWIW, I just spent 2 weeks with a lovely Russian woman who walked around in pumps all day and her feet were perfect...not to mention, she is an outstanding cook.  Oh, and she does not drink vodka :)

Mon Capitan, I was busting his virtual balls.  :smokin:

He knows I know he has a lady in Niko, and very pretty I may add.  :thumbsup:

Offline Ward_Cleaver

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 09:47:52 PM »
Ukrainian women are more interested in money.

Does anyone have any opinions about Tartars?

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 09:55:02 PM »

Only good.  My lady is a Tatar so there is some bias but she is an incredible lady.
Two Favorites:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2013, 04:28:07 PM »

Tatars ruled Russia for a couple of hundred years  :bow: check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_invasion_of_Rus'

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2013, 11:36:02 PM »

Yes, I dated a Tartar woman was my first relationship with a woman from the former Soviet Union. She was (and is) wonderful. She spoke fluent English was Orthodox for generations and had a wry sense of humour. Passionate and off beat, intelligent and joyous. Somewhere I wrote about it on RUA, 2.5 Relationships.

If I had known about RUA and its predecessor's I might be a married old fart like some others present.

C'est la vie.

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot