The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: So...what kind of a man many FSU women desire? Is this you?  (Read 4221 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
So...what kind of a man many FSU women desire? Is this you?
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:26 AM »
I was searching through FSU women's profiles and found this woman's profile with a very honest "qualities wanted" list. In my experience a large percentage of FSU women desire these qualities in a potential mate although not all will be willing to admit it. Go through the list, is this you? If not this maybe the time to shed the layers of feminist brainwashing imposed on Western men in the last several decades dominated by Feminism and get in touch with a man inside of you the way nature has intended him to be.

Кого я хочу найти: Who would I like to find:
Тверд не размазня ---strong character, not a wishy washy type
 Физически сильный ___physically strong
 Отважный_____Brave
 Сам принимает решения, ответственный___Can make a decision on his own, responsible
 Обладает чувством юмора не зануда ____Has a good sense of humor, not naggy
 Обаятелен, понимает женщину, прощает ей ее слабости, чуть-чуть папа для нее. Имеет успех у других женщин, но к своей привязан больше.___Charming, understands women, can be forgiving of her little weaknesses, a little bit of a father figure to her. He is attractive to other women but he has more attachment for his woman. 
Легок на подъем____east to "get up and go"
 Щедр____ generous
 Настойчив, порой до легкого насилия, но, "понимая" женщину , никогда не переходит границы ее нежелания ____Pushy to the point of being slightly forceful, but he "understands" his woman and will never cross her boundries.
 Не имеет ни капли сентиментальности___not a drop of sentimentality
 Умеет делать сюрпризы, праздники помнит все знаменательные даты совместной жизни___Know how to surprise his woman, remembers the holidays and all important dates that we have as a couple.
 В постели прекрасен (возможно, в силу описанных черт)  _____Great in bed

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
Re: So...what kind of a man many FSU women desire? Is this you?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:36:21 PM »
Hi Eduard,

The only one I don't understand is, "not a drop of sentimentality".

As I'm sure you know people in the West tend to be very sentimental.  Can you explain this?
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 01:04:12 PM »
Hi Eduard,

As I'm sure you know people in the West tend to be very sentimental.  Can you explain this?
Hi Anteros,
This woman is from Siberia, pretty tough people over there. They like stoic people, who don't show weakness or much emotion and are not very sentimental. This might be a bit Siberia-specific in my experience but in general women like men who project strength. A good number of women view sentimentality in a man as weakness. This is obviously a generalization but good to take under consideration. Western men from childhood are encouraged to share their feelings and show emotion which is one of the cultural differences between FSU and the West. I think it's good to take all this under consideration if you decide to search for an FSU woman.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »
A couple that I noticed missing:

- Family oriented 

and

- Well off

I am wondering if their idea of "well off" matches that of the west in our thinking.  If it does, it might explain why many of them don't receive any interest.  I say that because two or three of the ladies on the right side of this page (EM) have that listed in their profiles and have received no EOI.  So is that another way of saying they are looking for someone financially stable (certainly reasonable) or are they not at all shy about stating you better have a lot of money Jack!! :)

Makes no difference to me but for the sake of those still looking, it may help shed some light.
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »
Hi Eduard,

Hi Anteros,
This woman is from Siberia, pretty tough people over there. They like stoic people, who don't show weakness or much emotion and are not very sentimental. This might be a bit Siberia-specific in my experience but in general women like men who project strength. A good number of women view sentimentality in a man as weakness. This is obviously a generalization but good to take under consideration. Western men from childhood are encouraged to share their feelings and show emotion which is one of the cultural differences between FSU and the West. I think it's good to take all this under consideration if you decide to search for an FSU woman.

Hi Eduard,
Thanks for the excellent response.  My Aunt and Uncle owned a farm (in addition my uncle was a welder on submarines for 30 years) and my Uncle was a man of few words, so I know the type very well.

My childhood was pretty tough at times so I was simply very quiet.  Then as you know we got brainwashed by Western "feminism" to discuss a bunch of "touchy feely feelings" which never amount to anything but a waste of time.

I prefer more direct and quiet women and also prefer rural life over city life.  We always hear that FSU women only want to live in a big city, but aren't there also rural types in Siberia or other parts of the FSU who have lived on a farm, or like the peace and quiet of a more rural life?  Visiting a large city once a month or once every two or three months is fine, vacations once a year to a large European city is fine.  But are there women who could "settle" for a more rural location?

cue song:

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »
I am wondering if their idea of "well off" matches that of the west in our thinking.

We have some new ones you could ask.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »
Ant, don't make the mistake of thinking that Russian guys do not have feelings, do not care and are not emotional. That is not true.

Sentimentality is a different thing it is a pointless and purposeless display of emotion that signifies nothing.

A male who is not able to touch his emotions or convey them to another is not a man.

I think this woman understands the difference and Ed seems to have translated it well but I think he misunderstand what he is writing about a little. ;)

Look at the context of what the women wrote according to Ed's translation and you might see what I mean. This is a strength. This might seem a little odd but try this: go read some of Vladimir Putin's recent speeches. The translations as made by Russians and Russian news agencies, not bowdlerised versions that turn up in the western press.

Notice how the guy uses emotions all the time, it is one of the strengths of his speech writing team and I am sure that it follows the guy's personal style closely. There is a reason why Russian women have voted him the sexiest Russian alive.
He uses emotional cues but from strength and always with purpose. No sentimentality, but he touches his own feelings (or a representation of them) and readers know and understand that they are genuine. That is very, very attractive to both men and women.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Rasputin

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 03:21:37 PM »
не зануда, likely better to translate as whiny.

If she has to specify all of this, what kind of guys has she been dating!

"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 03:23:59 PM »

It is better to specify and exclude than to not specify and be over run by fools and children.

The perfect sales message gets just one single response - a buyer.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »
Not sure if the owner of Kiev Connections comes on this board (American).  I knew him from my days in Kiev as his office was almost next door to KPMG.  He said well off means rich.  On his website when it says well off you better be rich.

Now I have heard other agency owners on message boards say well off means you have decent job and salary.

I think it means rich.  But what is the definition of rich.  I think for most guys when you see well off in a profile better to stay clear. 

Offline Rasputin

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 08:16:19 PM »

It is better to specify and exclude than to not specify and be over run by fools and children.

The perfect sales message gets just one single response - a buyer.

Well, some buyers would skip over that profile quite quickly, even those who would meet the long grocery list  tiphat
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 12:09:35 AM »
Rasputin, the woman has something to sell.
She is obviously, assuming the profile is written by herself, not a fool. I have not seen any pics, of course, but all things being equal, this is a woman who I'd find attractive.

If prospective buyers do not have the patience to read the product spec then they are not part of the target group anyway.

That's the beauty of a targeted marketing piece. Blokes on forums moan and whine because they feel excluded when they see profiles that are well designed to exclude moaners, whiners and other unsuitables but from the woman's perspective that simply does not matter.
The woman wants one man, only one. She wants one man, only one, who meets her needs and desires. What does she care about the horde of normals who are not suitable for her?

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 02:49:48 AM »
The comments in this lady’s profile tell us nothing except she know how to cut and paste.

http://vk.com/wall-35034571_17468

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 03:39:07 PM »
That's the beauty of a targeted marketing piece. Blokes on forums moan and whine because they feel excluded when they see profiles that are well designed to exclude moaners, whiners and other unsuitables but from the woman's perspective that simply does not matter.

Reminds me, Shakey, did that girl ever find a suitable guy to meet?

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 04:01:46 PM »
Rasputin, the woman has something to sell.
She is obviously, assuming the profile is written by herself, not a fool. I have not seen any pics, of course, but all things being equal, this is a woman who I'd find attractive.

If prospective buyers do not have the patience to read the product spec then they are not part of the target group anyway.

The woman wants one man, only one. She wants one man, only one, who meets her needs and desires. What does she care about the horde of normals who are not suitable for her?

Sadly, many girls with a list of high demands don't meet their end of the bargain. Whats more sad, is some guys obviously think these types must be the cream on the top. Foolish at best.

Offline Manny

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 04:23:23 PM »
My wife read the list and said I am pretty much that guy.  :king:

She disagreed slightly with Ed's interpretation of "naggy", and suggested adding "tedious" as a side note might take you closer to what the girl meant in context. How it was explained to me I thought "naggy" was OK. But it is much of a muchness. In this context, tedious/naggy are pretty much synonyms for me.

She did say Ed's interpretation was spot on with shades of meaning though.

Guys: Shades of meaning are important. Especially with American English. Pay a guy like Ed a few dollars and let him remove doubt.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »

Sadly, many girls with a list of high demands don't meet their end of the bargain. Whats more sad, is some guys obviously think these types must be the cream on the top. Foolish at best.

If they don't then they are gone.

It is unlikely that in the example above, for example, the guy would be an unassuming milquetoast.
She is not making high demands. That is a normal enough man.
If you think that these are high demands then I reckon we can safely say that there's good reason why smart women are careful to exclude certain types of men in this manner.

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 05:21:07 PM »
If you think that these are high demands then I reckon we can safely say that there's good reason why smart women are careful to exclude certain types of men in this manner.

I thought it was a pretty normal "wants" list for any woman anywhere.

Curiously, my wife said, "For British guys this is normal, not so much for Russian guys". 

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »

I'd say зануда would be a combination of both - naggy and whiny. Thanks Misha! :) But if I had to choose one I'd still go with naggy.

Offline SOUTHERN X

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2014, 12:11:29 AM »
nothin wrong with this ladys list, all normal accpetable wantable traits 

if you are not up to that level stay home imo

thank you for the interpreted translation eduard

SX

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2014, 01:44:22 AM »

I thought it was a pretty normal "wants" list for any woman anywhere.

Curiously, my wife said, "For British guys this is normal, not so much for Russian guys".

Makes one glad to be British, or perhaps, English. ;)

Britannia does not just rule the waves!  :travel:

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »

the exact translation of whiny would be нытик not зануда. But as I said before зануда could be both naggy and whiny  :D

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:02 AM »
Personally I would move on if I saw an extended wish list that’s too generic. If a girl is looking for a 6’ 4” tall bond headed Swede aged between 37 and 41 that’s fair enough, but when they start itemising a shopping list it makes me wonder …

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 08:35:36 AM »
I'm not sure why some men here have a problem with her wish list. I thought it was an honest list that many women have, but not many will tell you about so directly. This is good to learn from to know what women want in a man. Try to work on yourself, improve yourself and your women skills to become more successful at dating and eventually in a relationship.
I thought it was refreshing that she never mentioned "financially secure" or "tall, dark and handsome". This list is not about a man's wallet or physical appearance.
She is only talking about character traits that a woman desires in a man.
In my humble opinion it would be wise to study this list, learn from it and try to improve yourself. Believe me it will help you in your future relationship(s) with any woman.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 08:41:14 AM »
Vinny, it seems to me that you must have quite a shopping list given the many years it has taken you to get nowhere. Do you see a difference between what is OK for a man such as you to do - be very picky - and what you will accept from a woman?

On the whole though, if I see a profile with lots and lots of words, an essay rather than a profile, I tend to pass it by. Not because I think there is anything wrong with having such a profile but simply because I'd rather meet someone than read about them. Those types of profiles though are often not a list of requirements as much as some kind of apologia for a life not lived well or fully.
=======================

Ed, I absolutely agree with you.

That guys do have a problem with it is more about the guys than it is about the woman. She is only asking for 'normal' and some guys are threatened because 'normal' is a state to which they can only, at this moment. aspire.