The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: so why american guys date russian girls ? why not american ?  (Read 28771 times)

Offline Muzh_1

Re: so why american guys date russian girls ? why not american ?
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2013, 10:01:06 AM »
A wind ups a joke pal, like pulling ones leg!

I hear you but whilst referring to some of the guys with less than impeccable morals, it appears that you're grouping everyone together. I'm no yank either but I'm a reader with an FSU wife.

Perhaps this is where the other thread is also going wrong? i.e Andy's out of order…..but Andy's not talking about you etc.

Sadly, I was not the one grouping them together (re: You make it sound like most Western guys are right wing) as Manny was the first to correctly group most of the guys on these forums. Look at the example above.

And I don't think they are wife abusers and if I gave that impression, I apologoise right here and now. That they don't like a smart and strong woman, that goes without saying.

p.s. Does Mrs Muzh (god that sounds weird) really think you're gods gift?  :innocent:

Not sure god's gift but she will definitely won't let go of me.  ;D And god knows I've been a jerk a few times.  :(

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2013, 10:06:59 AM »
Muzh, I must've read a recent column by Paul Krugman because what you posted seemed very familiar to me, but I know I have not the piece that you posted.

And yes, I can see the application and effect here and now.

In a way I can understand why people are like this because we have a lot invested n our worldview. For example does Guppycaptain really want to 'fess up to the reality that the problems he identifies as externalities are actually internal ones and worse yet internal to him? I suppose not.

But where does that leave us?

Do we blow fairy dust up the fundament of folks like him and go along with their prejudices, support their worldview in order to not rock the boat?

My perspective is that we should not. It is why I wrote the post upthread about the relative costs of two different MOB agency pricing models - the currently held 'truth' is not supported by fact, it is an article of faith.

Problem is that, as the letter writer notes, the holders of the fantasy worldview will not be bound by reality in discussing (or ranting) about this and other articles of faith.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2013, 10:42:29 AM »
REALLY?! So now my perceived view of the problems with AW is really a reflection of my internal problems instead? You truly are out of your mind but then again this is classic Andrew as I'm coming to learn. Twist statements and make accusations. It's your trademark.

I'm not perfect. I definitely have faults, but nothing glaring. Overall I'm a well-rounded individual that is not a social reject as you're implying. Perhaps the fact that my friends and family in EE are dumbfounded that I'm not with a quality women here in the U.S. of A should speak volumes. I also have friends that have a lot to offer a women and yet are still having trouble finding a partner that they can take seriously.

Whatever. I didn't join this forum to waste my time in pissing contests with you or anyone else. I joined it to learn and become more educated for when I start my search for an FSUW. If you don't seen eye to eye with my interpretation and view of most AW and the dating scene here (from your far removed Estonian perch), well that's really no sweat off my back. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it as such.

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2013, 11:09:57 AM »
We all know why American guys want to find a woman from Ukraine or Russia, namely: we are feminine, family-oriented and pretty.  I am wondering if American ladies are not able and do not want to give their men the basic things like care, attention, affection, respect and patience in the relationship and marriage. Is that really true?  :8) In my opinion, the most common reason (that I’ve heard of) why American men want to find a Ukrainian or Russian woman is that American women (their women) are extremely emancipated and career oriented.

Actually, the real reason many of the American guys want women from the former Soyuz is because they know they can get a very young babe dying to get out of the country looking for fame somewhere else. Not to mention that they are truly foreign to many concepts here and their methods of communications are sorely lacking, therefore making them very dependent of their sponsors which they are very aware.

Don't be fooled by the 'emancipation' of American women. They are just not taking any shit anymore, which is very different from all the horror stories you hear here. They work and make as much as the guys so they are not dependent of them if they want to buy whatever they want.

You're such a wind up Muzh.  :sick0012:

It's a little funny how you point the finger and assume the worst, whilst failing to realise you're exactly the same as almost all the others guys who are married. I can see why you get a hard time and assume you enjoy the spirit of the chase?

Lets face it, some get caught up in the MOB hype whilst most others who are successful, simply looked a little further to find happiness. We're not all users and abusers as portrayed by a few creepies lurking the forum and whats this 'shit' you speak of? You make it sound like most Western guys are right wing, wife abusing morons…..except you of course.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

Oh but we are Rosco...I can't wait to put the shock collar on my Russian bride that I will buy from the MOB exchange.  The shock collar will provide good entertainment value when she gets zapped every time she attempts to walk out the door of the basement I will be locking her in.... :smokin:
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »
I should have known better. She asked for it, didn't she?

No, you asked for it...
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2013, 11:18:12 AM »
REALLY?! So now my perceived view of the problems with AW is really a reflection of my internal problems instead? You truly are out of your mind but then again this is classic Andrew as I'm coming to learn. Twist statements and make accusations. It's your trademark.

I'm not perfect. I definitely have faults, but nothing glaring. Overall I'm a well-rounded individual that is not a social reject as you're implying. Perhaps the fact that my friends and family in EE are dumbfounded that I'm not with a quality women here in the U.S. of A should speak volumes. I also have friends that have a lot to offer a women and yet are still having trouble finding a partner that they can take seriously.

Whatever. I didn't join this forum to waste my time in pissing contests with you or anyone else. I joined it to learn and become more educated for when I start my search for an FSUW. If you don't seen eye to eye with my interpretation and view of most AW and the dating scene here (from your far removed Estonian perch), well that's really no sweat off my back. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it as such.

What were you thinking GC  ;D
Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #231 on: November 05, 2013, 11:19:06 AM »

Good luck with that one....
Two Favorites:

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #232 on: November 05, 2013, 11:33:25 AM »
We all know why American guys want to find a woman from Ukraine or Russia, namely: we are feminine, family-oriented and pretty.  I am wondering if American ladies are not able and do not want to give their men the basic things like care, attention, affection, respect and patience in the relationship and marriage. Is that really true?  :8) In my opinion, the most common reason (that I’ve heard of) why American men want to find a Ukrainian or Russian woman is that American women (their women) are extremely emancipated and career oriented.

Actually, the real reason many of the American guys want women from the former Soyuz is because they know they can get a very young babe dying to get out of the country looking for fame somewhere else. Not to mention that they are truly foreign to many concepts here and their methods of communications are sorely lacking, therefore making them very dependent of their sponsors which they are very aware.

Don't be fooled by the 'emancipation' of American women. They are just not taking any shit anymore, which is very different from all the horror stories you hear here. They work and make as much as the guys so they are not dependent of them if they want to buy whatever they want.

It's a little funny how you point the finger and assume the worst, whilst failing to realise you're exactly the same as almost all the others guys who are married. I can see why you get a hard time and assume you enjoy the spirit of the chase?

Lets face it, some get caught up in the MOB hype whilst most others who are successful, simply looked a little further to find happiness. We're not all users and abusers as portrayed by a few creepies lurking the forum and whats this 'shit' you speak of? You make it sound like most Western guys are right wing, wife abusing morons…..except you of course.

Oh but we are Rosco...I can't wait to put the shock collar on my Russian bride that I will buy from the MOB exchange.  The shock collar will provide good entertainment value when she gets zapped every time she attempts to walk out the door of the basement I will be locking her in.... :smokin:
You do keep the kitchen and all the cleaning supplies she'll need to keep the place sparkling clean in that basement don't you? :smokin: :)

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #233 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:48 AM »

Mon Capitan, I think you missed the part where I said that was not the case.

Edit: Of the abusive morons.

Now, if you want to make fun of it, better find the crowd that will laugh about it.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #234 on: November 05, 2013, 11:47:27 AM »
Guppycaptain, if you can't find a woman who wants to be with you then there are two choices, only two.
1) All the women in the USA are evil nasty people who have it in for you.
2) There is some reason connected with you that means women choose to not be with you.

Let us assume that you are not the one with the problem, but instead it is me.
As an intelligent bloke, which do YOU think would be the most likely reason of the two choices for ME to have the problem that you are facing?

Something wrong with me?
Or something wrong with some 150,000,000 people, including millions and millions who I have never met?

As a rider, assuming that all the women in the USA are evil nasty women who don't want to marry anyone (contra all the evidence) what makes you think that women in, for example Ukraine are any different?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Anteros

« Reply #235 on: November 05, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »

I hear you but whilst referring to some of the guys with less than impeccable morals, it appears that you're grouping everyone together. I'm no yank either but I'm a reader with an FSU wife.

Perhaps this is where the other thread is also going wrong? i.e Andy's out of order…..but Andy's not talking about you etc.

That they don't like a smart and strong woman, that goes without saying.

p.s. Does Mrs Muzh (god that sounds weird) really think you're gods gift?  :innocent:

Not sure god's gift but she will definitely won't let go of me.  ;D And god knows I've been a jerk a few times.  :(

I don't want to get into an endless polemic with you, however it's clear to most of us that your definition of a "smart and strong woman" has more to do with her political affiliation and far less to do with whether or not she is actually smart and strong.

Do you consider the wife of Rand Paul to be smart and strong?  How about Congresswoman Michelle Bachman?  I'm pretty sure you think that she is "bat crazy".  How about Ann Coultier?  I could go on and on, but for you it has absolutely nothing to do with "smart and strong", and everything with being a part of the new American Nomenklatura.

The fact that you would print an article about Paul Krugman in this thread really cracks me up... :chuckle:
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »

You do keep the kitchen and all the cleaning supplies she'll need to keep the place sparkling clean in that basement don't you? :smokin: :)

But of course...what self respecting AM wouldn't.. :)  By the way, my GF sent me that photo (your Avatar) the other day....
Two Favorites:

Offline Anteros

« Reply #237 on: November 05, 2013, 11:54:35 AM »
Here is what the wife of Rand Paul had to say about Bill Clinton:

"Fifteen years removed from the Monica Lewinsky scandal, one Republican senator's wife had some choice words for former President Bill Clinton regarding that affair.

In an interview with Vogue, Kelley Paul, spouse of Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), addressed the possibility of Clinton becoming the first "first gentleman" if his wife, Hillary, were elected president.

“I would say his behavior was predatory, offensive to women,” Kelley Paul said of the Lewinsky scandal, according to BuzzFeed.

Back in 2010, Rand Paul took a similar hard line. When Clinton was campaigning for Paul's U.S. Senate adversary at the time, Dem Jack Conway, Paul told the Lexington Herald-Leader that the former president "showed himself less than honorable in office."

"I'm not sure I would trust a guy who had had sexual relations with an intern," he said, according to the paper. "I mean, do you think he's an honorable person?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/18/kelley-paul-bill-clinton_n_3947640.html

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #238 on: November 05, 2013, 11:55:40 AM »

Mon Capitan, I think you missed the part where I said that was not the case.

Edit: Of the abusive morons.

Now, if you want to make fun of it, better find the crowd that will laugh about it.

I did not read it in great depth (as I find myself doing more often these days) but I assure you, I will not lose any sleep over it.  tiphat
Two Favorites:

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #239 on: November 05, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »

Sadly, I was not the one grouping them together (re: You make it sound like most Western guys are right wing) as Manny was the first to correctly group most of the guys on these forums. Look at the example above.

And I don't think they are wife abusers and if I gave that impression, I apologoise right here and now. That they don't like a smart and strong woman, that goes without saying.

This describes many FSUW doesn't it?  It does mine anyway  :biggrin:
Two Favorites:

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #240 on: November 05, 2013, 12:01:10 PM »

But of course...what self respecting AM wouldn't.. :)  By the way, my GF sent me that photo (your Avatar) the other day....
My GF sent my new avatar just today, jokingly asking if this is what I expected of her after marriage......I said yes. :party0011:

Offline Anteros

« Reply #241 on: November 05, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »

Good luck with that one, GC!

:ROFL:    :ROFL:   :ROFL:

Offline Mikeav8r

« Reply #242 on: November 05, 2013, 12:06:19 PM »

My GF sent my new avatar just today, jokingly asking if this is what I expected of her after marriage......I said yes. :party0011:

Haha..I told mine that the hand print proves that I like to help in the kitchen  ;D
Two Favorites:

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
« Reply #243 on: November 05, 2013, 12:09:48 PM »
Concerning marriage and AW, part of it is that it is a status marker. 

To be married is higher status for a woman, than to not be married, all else being equal.

You could pull the evo-psych view and say that it is "showing that she can get investment from a man" but I think the simplest wording is simply that it is another item on the checklist:

1. finish high school - CHECK
2. University or college degree - CHECK
3. Traveled to (Europe/Asia/Australia) and thus not a country bumpkin - CHECK
4. Got corporate job - CHECK
5. Fashionable clothes - CHECK
X . Got married - CHECK

Anchors Rewoven

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #244 on: November 05, 2013, 12:18:38 PM »
Concerning marriage and AW, part of it is that it is a status marker. 

To be married is higher status for a woman, than to not be married, all else being equal.

You could pull the evo-psych view and say that it is "showing that she can get investment from a man" but I think the simplest wording is simply that it is another item on the checklist:

1. finish high school - CHECK
2. University or college degree - CHECK
3. Traveled to (Europe/Asia/Australia) and thus not a country bumpkin - CHECK
4. Got corporate job - CHECK
5. Fashionable clothes - CHECK
X . Got married - CHECK

Slumba, what do you know anyway about AW, living in America and all? Do try not to argue with someone who isn't involved with the U.S. dating scene and instead quotes studies while living on the other side of the ocean.  (:)

Offline Konfushus

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #245 on: November 05, 2013, 01:07:40 PM »

To Muzh -

Though you may not like Slumba, he makes a valid point about the video you posted. It's misleading sensational performance art.

Google supplies tools that track average monthly searches for terms typed into Google. None of the terms in that video register over 1000 monthly searches. The most controversial terms don't register,  averaging less than 50 monthly searches.

The reality is that virtually nobody searches for those terms. The video is at best a reflection of what 100 or so people search for each month on Google, without any indication of motivation for that search. The video implies that the motivation behind the searches is that people believe in those statements - this is not true for many searches.

What the video portrays is certainly not significant, but you fell for it.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #246 on: November 05, 2013, 01:14:15 PM »

To Muzh -

Though you may not like Slumba, he makes a valid point about the video you posted. It's misleading sensational performance art.

Google supplies tools that track average monthly searches for terms typed into Google. None of the terms in that video register over 1000 monthly searches. The most controversial terms don't register,  averaging less than 50 monthly searches.

The reality is that virtually nobody searches for those terms. The video is at best a reflection of what 100 or so people search for each month on Google, without any indication of motivation for that search. The video implies that the motivation behind the searches is that people believe in those statements - this is not true for many searches.

Really?

So what you are saying is that virtually no one searched for those terms?

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #247 on: November 05, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »

To Muzh -

Really?

So what you are saying is that virtually no one searched for those terms?

Okay so I did one search and notice what says at the top:

About 27,400,000 results (0.31 seconds)

That's millions. Hardly no one.

ila_rendered

Offline Konfushus

« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »
My observation is that there is a lot less pressure on American women, or European women, to get married than in Russia, especially at a younger age (less than 30).

This creates a significant benefit for men seeking brides in their early to mid twenties. However, I don't think that most men searching for brides in Russia look in this age range, at least realistically they shouldn't be.

For men seeking women in their thirties, I'd say the advantage is in America, especially if you are seeking an educated women, never married, without children. If you're looking for a divorced woman in her thirties or beyond, with a child, the advantage is again in Russia.

Offline Konfushus

« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2013, 01:35:39 PM »
To  Muzh -

You need to think rationally. Number of results in Google does not equate to or in any way represent number of searches made.

The video you posted attempts to make a point about searches made in Google reflected by Google autofill. The reality is that virtually nobody makes those searches.

To understand actual searches made, you can use Google's keyword tools. The phrase you typed in 'women want to be dominated' has a monthly average search count of 480.

Do you think that 480 searches per month is significant? It's not. Most of the terms in the video receive less than 50 searches per month. That is 'virtually nobody'.

Also, please take a look at the top results for that search. The top articles are predominiately sexual advice articles written by women - hardly the message of the misleading video you posted.