The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: so why american guys date russian girls ? why not american ?  (Read 28654 times)

Offline walker232

so why american guys date russian girls ? why not american ?
« on: March 25, 2011, 04:21:57 AM »
well. we always hear that in former soviet union women more than men. and we hear that all russian men drink too much, they are violent, they dont respect their woman, they dont respect family, and shit like that..

all agencies keep saying that all time..

but, why american men leave american or western girls and go to date marry russian..

im NOT talking about old fat americans that travel to go to nightclubs or pay to enjoy young girls in Asia, central amrica, brazil or russia (they even  do that all time in the USA)

no, im talking about guys who really date and marry.. (and most of them marry not
so young girls as i see)

max. 5-7 year difference..

and not only men over 40.y.o, there are many men between 27-35 y.o.

so why they dont marry in US ?

and sorry for my bad english. iam from Portugal.. own business in ukraine and live in ukranie now.

waiting ur replay.

Offline Wild Orchid

Re: so why american guys date russian girls ? why not american ?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 05:19:21 AM »
http://www.womenrussia.com/story16.htm
Hey, news flash American men!

American women aren't particularly impressed with *you,* either!

I'm an American woman married to a Russian MAN and wouldn't have it any other way.

what's with the font? Is it for visually impaired?  :rolleye0009:

Offline dbneeley

• RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 05:48:16 AM »
So, Walker, why do *you* not stick with Portugal and the Portuguese?

As always, the answers vary widely. Too many people tend to assume that everyone has similar motives, but in my experience that is simply not true at all.

In my case, I'd have been delighted to find the right lady next door or around the block, but did not. Thus, I simply broadened my horizons and wound up finding my Ukrainian wife--with whom I live in Donetsk.

You'll likely hear many different stories and reasons if you are around enough to do so. Most people who come onto these forums and ask questions like you have, though, are here for a few posts and then disappear.

David

Offline Larry

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 06:13:32 AM »
I'll throw out a few reasons:

It seems so many american women in the dating world are incredibly selective.  Dating them is like a job interview.  They sit back and you have to audition for them.  At the end of the date, or next day,  you find out whether they call you back for another interview.  Even if I go out with them again, it doesn't feel very romantic.  With some Russian women, in contrast, it feels more like the beginning of an exciting relationship.

Almost all american women seem to have a big checklist of requirements you have to meet. I had a date with an american woman a few years ago.  I didn't meet one of her requirements (that the man she dated must not have children).  I thought I would introduce her to a friend who had no children.  Just to save a waste of their time I asked her what her other requirements were.   She listed 25 before I had to leave!

Another american I met through online dating quizzed me on whether my interest in travel was genuine. She asked where I had traveled, not for business, in the previous year.  I told her the past year had been really busy for me and I had not had a chance to travel.  She said, ok where have you traveled in the year before last.  I passed that test, but she determined that she did not want to go out with me bc my children were fairly young.

This pickiness is very common among unmarried american women who are not overweight.  All the men are after them bc most american women over age 30 are overweight or obese.  That's how the regular-weight women became so picky.

And Russian women, in contrast, are slender and attractive.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »

This pickiness is very common among unmarried american women who are not overweight.  All the men are after them bc most american women over age 30 are overweight or obese.  That's how the regular-weight women became so picky.

Larry, on another thread you are asking questions to help you in this journey. I'll give you this unsolicited advise: DO NOT go disparaging AW to the RWs you meet. Also, BEWARE of RWs disparaging RM.

Walker:

It is simple. The world is getting smaller and easy to reach.

Você deve saber que as meninas são bonitas da Ucrânia.

Offline MissileMe

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 01:06:49 PM »
Because you many people think that FSU is all about cheap cost of living and poor but beautiful women.

A lot of people get onboard thinking that they can wave a fistful of dollars and get themselves a beautiful wife.

By beautiful I am talking about 20 younger, good looking, big boobs, long legs, and intelligence to boot.

Not many will fess up to this but I guarantee you that many think they can make some desperate beautiful woman happy (on the surface, there are ulterior motives).  The wretched ones think they can take advantage of them.

Do they?  Most likely not.  Divorce rate within the international marriage community is very high.  I remember something like 70% for first time marriage.

Long story short, FSU women arent really a bargain.  They are just like American, European, Japanese or any other women from any other country.  They want respect, a good life with Lexus and Mercedes, they want material happiness just like all of us.  They don't put up with BS at all and they will jump ship just as easily as any other women in the world.  But if you do the find the right one, it can be good, just like any other marriage.

Offline Rasputin

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 01:18:28 PM »

I can't speak for Americans, but if I had met the right American woman, and had she been willing to relocate to Canada, I would have married her. For some of us, it is not and was not a question of marrying a woman from Russia, rather marrying the right woman. In order to find a compatible partner, you must meet many people. If your choices are limited, you may have to spend many years waiting for the right person. If you don't want to spend years searching and waiting in your town or city, you can try to expanding your search both nationally and internationally in the hopes of meeting more potential candidates to find the right person for you. 
"Seems I live in Russia Rasputin visited" - Millaa
"So do I" - Molly35ru

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 05:12:18 PM »

I can't speak for Americans, but if I had met the right American woman, and had she been willing to relocate to Canada, I would have married her. For some of us, it is not and was not a question of marrying a woman from Russia, rather marrying the right woman. In order to find a compatible partner, you must meet many people. If your choices are limited, you may have to spend many years waiting for the right person. If you don't want to spend years searching and waiting in your town or city, you can try to expanding your search both nationally and internationally in the hopes of meeting more potential candidates to find the right person for you.

Quite frankly the best bet for most USA men right now is to marry a Canadian for many reasons - especially a western one with Cowgirl western spirit and a conservative attitude about marriage and life.  Could make that average Yank a good match.

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 08:30:04 AM »
Long answer

A man my age has more opportunities to find a high
quality woman who will appreciate him and his attributes.

Short answer

The girls are hotter
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline BelleZeBoob

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »

Quite frankly the best bet for most USA men right now is to marry a Canadian for many reasons - especially a western one with Cowgirl western spirit and a conservative attitude about marriage and life.  Could make that average Yank a good match.

Yes dahlinks  :loving: listen what the wise Cuffy says :)  :knit:
Men are like Bluetooth: he is connected to you when you are nearby, but searches for other devices when you are away.
Women are like Wi-Fi: she sees all available devices, but connects to the strongest one.

Offline JeanClaude

• Spouses Country: Several girls, not all at the same time
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »

Larry, on another thread you are asking questions to help you in this journey. I'll give you this unsolicited advise: DO NOT go disparaging AW to the RWs you meet. Also, BEWARE of RWs disparaging RM.

Walker:

It is simple. The world is getting smaller and easy to reach.

Você deve saber que as meninas são bonitas da Ucrânia.

Always wondered why there wasnt a Western Women, Eastern Men, Mail order bride industry,...,

Maybe you know something we dont?
a day not trolled is a day not lived

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 10:06:34 AM »

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:36 AM »
Damn JC - please warn us before posting harsh pics like this - I almost spewed my Coffee!

LOL New Hampshire bordering Quebec - one half of our women look like the one on the right (Note cute French beret) and the other half look like the fast food junkie Godzillina on the right!   Talk about the land of extremists!

Offline Larry

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »
That was hilarious!!!

Offline walker232

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 01:02:43 PM »
Long answer

Short answer

The girls are hotter

how old are u larry ??

i hope not 70

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »
Damn JC - please warn us before posting harsh pics like this - I almost spewed my Coffee!

LOL New Hampshire bordering Quebec - one half of our women look like the one on the left (Note cute French beret) and the other half look like the fast food junkie Godzillina on the right!   Talk about the land of extremists!

Ooops - my other left - I was so rattled I forgot left from right!

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 01:10:10 PM »

Cufflinks

Then head for Calgary, now lets review.  Conservative city, home of Calgary Stampede, the weather is always changeable. Pickup trucks are quite common, even for those who have no need of one.  :chuckle:  Now those cowgirls are homegrown conservatives, and did I mention very attractive and hot.  ;D

Offline erudite

• Kharkov is a GREAT CITY!!!!!!
  • Spouses Country: UKRAINE
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 01:12:16 PM »
Long answer

Short answer

The girls are hotter

how old are u larry ??

i hope not 70

Even if he is 70, he can look forward to finding a hot 42 year old FSU woman.  Remember the formula?  Age divided by half, then add 7.  Equals 42
"It don't matter who's in Austin, Bob Wills is still the King", Waylon Jennings

Offline Larry

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 01:19:30 PM »
Quote from: 2tallbill on Today at 10:30:04 AM
Long answer

Short answer

The girls are hotter

how old are u larry ??

i hope not 70

Walker, I think your reply was directed to Bill's comment.  But I agree with Bill.  And no, I'm not even close to 70.  And neither is Bill.

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2011, 03:28:55 PM »

LOL New Hampshire bordering Quebec - one half of our women look like the one on the left (Note cute French beret) and the other half look like the fast food junkie Godzillina on the right!   Talk about the land of extremists!

Ooops - my other left - I was so rattled I forgot left from right!

Can understand you are unsettled by the whole situation,..,but nothing hammers home a point  then a picture....as in speaking more then 1000 words..

Cheers..

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
Long answer

Short answer

The girls are hotter

how old are u larry ??

i hope not 70

Even if he is 70, he can look forward to finding a hot 42 year old FSU woman.  Remember the formula?  Age divided by half, then add 7.  Equals 42

I thought it was age devided by 7 add 1/2

LOOL  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

But seriously,..., 25 is perfect for me...,22 even better))

Offline Manny

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 04:12:45 PM »

IQ?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline RedDog27

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
Sometimes the banter here is quite entertaining.  Kind of like "Survivor", yet no one is competing for the million dollar prize money.   :popcorn: 

Offline JeanClaude

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 04:47:12 PM »

IQ?

wow,...,where is  that cluebat when you need it.

Offline el_guero

• My Russian improves slowly.
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 12:20:25 AM »

IQ?

wow,...,where is  that cluebat when you need it.

mmm .... with that kind of an IQ, you might not be able to read the directions.  So, just make sure that the placard which says "Place this towards target" is NOT visible before you swing.

;)

Just couldn't resist a little well deserved 'swing' at you.