The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Mila's Contact Info in Kharkov and Other ?s  (Read 7141 times)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
Mila's Contact Info in Kharkov and Other ?s
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »
Hello, I'm currently in Chisinau, Moldova about halfway through my Eastern European trip. My next stop is Kiev for three days (to include the Chernobyl tour) and then onto Kharkov for two nights to meet with Michael Mordinson and check out the city briefly.

I've heard "Mila's" name thrown around the forum and was wondering what exactly she offers, etc. Can someone please elaborate on her services and offer her contact information (preferably her email address)? Do her and Mordinson have any type of relationship? I believe in keeping things out in the open so I don't want to step on anyone's toes. Thank you ahead of time.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
Re: Mila's Contact Info in Kharkov and Other ?s
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Mikeav8r

• Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down...
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
Slumba provided the link and some of the bullets from her site are:

Interpreting at business meetings, personal meetings, 3 way calls, conferences…. (English-Ukrainian, English-Russian, Ukrainian-English, Russian-English).

Translation (business, tourism, culture, personal correspondence/letters).

Guiding: tours around the first capital of Ukraine-Kharkov/countryside.

Lessons of English language and of Russian / Ukrainian language to foreigners.

Meeting at Kharkov/Kiev airport, bus station, train station and transfer.

Booking a nice and comfortable accommodation (apartment/hotel room).

An introduction to family oriented ladies whom i know personally

Not sure of any relationship with Michael.  Her contact info is on the main page so a quick phone call can clear up any concerns.  Have a great trip.

Two Favorites:
1.  You have 2 ears and 1 mouth, therefor you should listen twice as much as you speak. -Confucius
2.  If you want to give God a good laugh, tell him your plans. - Anon

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 12:12:28 AM »
Thanks fellas. I wrote her so I'm just waiting to hear back from.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »
I seriously doubt if there is any sort of a professional relationship between Michael Mordinson and Mila.

The Mordinson's are Jewish and it's been a family run business for a very long time.

I am fairly certain that Mila is Christian.  I would say she is more of a guide and translator and fixer, with a lesser interest as a matchmaker.

Mordinson's primary business is as matchmakers, although their site says they started as photographers.  Mordinson has a very good reputation, I would be very interested in hearing your impressions.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 02:05:26 PM »
I seriously doubt if there is any sort of a professional relationship between Michael Mordinson and Mila.

The Mordinson's are Jewish and it's been a family run business for a very long time.

I am fairly certain that Mila is Christian.  I would say she is more of a guide and translator and fixer, with a lesser interest as a matchmaker.

Mordinson's primary business is as matchmakers, although their site says they started as photographers.  Mordinson has a very good reputation, I would be very interested in hearing your impressions.

Well, I'm in touch with Mila now and we're supposed meet up upon my brief visit to Kharkov. In the meantime, I'm trying my best to keep my neck from spraining here in Chisinau. This place is officially on the radar fellas (when the time comes to turn the radar screen on that is). 

Offline Anteros

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 02:09:16 PM »

Well, I'm in touch with Mila now and we're supposed meet up upon my brief visit to Kharkov. In the meantime, I'm trying my best to keep my neck from spraining here in Chisinau. This place is officially on the radar fellas (when the time comes to turn the radar screen on that is).

Very good to know.  I have a friend in Vegas who is from Chisinau (aka Kishnev) and he has been urging me to check it out!
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 02:21:56 PM »

Very good to know.  I have a friend in Vegas who is from Chisinau (aka Kishnev) and he has been urging me to check it out!

Well as of tomorrow my Ukrainian virginity will be broken when I fly to Kiev, but the women here........yeah.........definitely worth checking out. The city? Very poor and in shoddy shape, but I think people's hearts are in the right place.

I checked out the world's largest winery today, Cricova. AMAZING, and this coming from a semi wine connoisseur who's done Napa, Sonoma, and the Finger Lakes. What they have here is (and should be considered a national treasure). Plus the wine quality is fantastic......and cheap.

Offline Herrie

• Tech Group
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »

Well as of tomorrow my Ukrainian virginity will be broken when I fly to Kiev, but the women here........yeah.........definitely worth checking out. The city? Very poor and in shoddy shape, but I think people's hearts are in the right place.

I checked out the world's largest winery today, Cricova. AMAZING, and this coming from a semi wine connoisseur who's done Napa, Sonoma, and the Finger Lakes. What they have here is (and should be considered a national treasure). Plus the wine quality is fantastic......and cheap.
That's what I've heard from multiple sources, including my ex-gf. Too bad they don't produce in large enough volumes to make it work to their advantage for their economy and citizens...

Offline ozybob

• Spouses Country: UKRAINE/AUSTRALIA
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 06:10:32 PM »
guppy captain

i think you will enjoy Kharkov , it is a very good city ,

id be surprised if your neck /head doesnt get turned a bit more there as well , stand near  the entrance of  universytet /pushkinskya metro station , etc ,

watch the passing parade ,  :)

for a decent meal of sushi or pizza , go to mafia restaurant , or the paris centre cafe restaurant complex near pushkinskya street

BOB
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 06:51:07 PM »
I spent a week in Kharkov last year and stayed not far from Pushkinska Metro Station.

Liked Kharkov as a city and ate at Mafia near the metro station.  :)

Guppy, I'd try and spend at least 5 days there if you can.

Offline ozybob

• Spouses Country: UKRAINE/AUSTRALIA
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
isthmus
the outside garden mafia was the go , nice food and nice vibe to it on a summers day

we had an apartment close by also to the pushkinska  metro , about 300 metres or so , for our last months vacation there july-aug [wifes city ]
i love the place, and the improvements each year we visit are very noticeable

we never go for less then a month , especially in summer

restuarant'' sharikoff '' in centrum of city or  cafe norma near the naukovo metro station on lennin prospekt is also very good quality food

did you find /use the le' simpo shopping centre at all ?? 
i love the variety of different small goods etc on offer there and in the high street

BOB
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 03:52:09 AM »
Thanks for the tips and suggestions fellas. Unfortunately I will only be able to spend two nights there but I'm meeting up with Mila & Michael Mordinson as well so it should be a productive trip. Basically a get to know them and the city a little.

Offline Boris

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 06:33:50 AM »
IMHO Kharkov had the largest concentration of beautiful women of any city I visited. I know Mila and recommend her. She will do what she says she will do.

Offline Luftmeister

• I have abandoned my search.
  • Spouses Country: n/a
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
I'll be in Kharkov in a couple of weeks. Interested to hear your impressions! PM sent too.  :thumbsup:
Do not try to convince your mind of something which your heart knows is a lie.

Offline Isthmus

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
isthmus
the outside garden mafia was the go , nice food and nice vibe to it on a summers day

we had an apartment close by also to the pushkinska  metro , about 300 metres or so , for our last months vacation there july-aug [wifes city ]
i love the place, and the improvements each year we visit are very noticeable

we never go for less then a month , especially in summer

restuarant'' sharikoff '' in centrum of city or  cafe norma near the naukovo metro station on lennin prospekt is also very good quality food

did you find /use the le' simpo shopping centre at all ?? 
i love the variety of different small goods etc on offer there and in the high street

BOB

I did go to a shopping centre but I went there by taxi so not sure where it was in relation to the town centre, plus I sampled some Ukrainian beers that afternoon (quite good beer actually) so that just added to my temporary geographic dyslexia  :)

I do remember some pretty cool cafes on Sumskaya though  :thumbsup:

Offline Isthmus

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
I'll be in Kharkov in a couple of weeks. Interested to hear your impressions! PM sent too.  :thumbsup:

To be sure, there were some pretty ladies around but in terms of just consistently high numbers of beautiful women my vote goes to Prague (Czech Republic) and Split (Croatia). In the FSU (from what I have seen so far), I liked Almaty, KZ the most, has a very diverse population and pretty ladies from various ethnic groups.  :8)

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 06:55:28 PM »

Reply to PM coming shortly!

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 07:05:49 AM »

Seriously? I have never read that Moldova is a possibility for finding a loving FSU woman. Nor have I read that Moldova has a lot of beautiful women. Is this really true, does Moldova have lots of single, attractive women? Are any willing to potentially relocate to the States, if they met an American man in person, spent about 3 weeks with him in Moldova, and fell in love with him? Hmmm very interesting.  :)

I know that Moldova's GDP per Capita (PPP) is even lower than Ukraine's.  :( In fact, last time I checked on wikipedia, I believe it was the IMF (or maybe it was the World Bank's statistics, I dunno, AndrewFi is a very smart guy I bet he probably knows, I cannot remember) who ranked Ukraine's GDP per Capita (PPP) for 2015 as about $8,100 (2nd lowest in all of Europe!!) and Moldova's was about $5,700 or $5,800 for 2015 (THE lowest in all of Europe!!). Fellas, I wonder if Moldova is so desperately poor that it is not even safe to travel to? I chatted with a real girl (not a scammer) on ADate about a year ago from Odessa (Illichivsk), and she told me a little bit about Transnitria (spelling??), and how incredibly dangerous it was and something about how it is very dangerous to travel from the Illichivsk region of Odessa to Moldova, while passing through Transnitria. I am a little foggy on everything she told me about it as this was about a year ago. If anyone is bored and feels like shedding some light on a compare/contrast of the Kharkov marriage scene versus the Moldovian marriage scene, I would love to hear about it. Thank you in advance.
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 07:49:45 AM »
I enjoyed my time on Moldova very much. It is a poor country and over the past decade or two has not been the best served by international air travel which has led to it being less commonly used as a destination for wife hunters.

There are very many very attractive women there.

As is usually the case the ones who want to leave the country usually have an economic motivation to do so. My personal experience was that the brightest and best wanted to stay and make their country a better place. I had huge respect for their wishes and for their achievements.

Unless matters have fundamentally changed the place is very safe for men who are not stupid - women living there though might have other stories, based upon their culture and society. That's not a matter that would affect incoming male tourists on a personal level but might certainly lead to distressing tales from some women. Transnistria seemed safe enough to me on my short visit but the same caveats would apply as for Moldova.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 08:09:47 AM »
Thanks for the reply Andrew. Tonight, when I get home, I'll do some reading and studying on Moldova and, as I think VK is a really valuable tool for looking at a city socially, culturally and economically, I will spend some time on VK looking at female profiles in Moldova.  :)

As an aside, I do not see how the people in Moldova survive on what is (probably) an extremely small salary. I think the average salary in both the Kharkov region, as well as the Odessa region, right now, since the big Ukrainian economic collapse / collapse of the UAH, is about roughly $200 US per month? Sound about right to you? Or is it a little bit higher or lower than that? If my figures are approximately accurate, then if $200 US is the average monthly salary in Odessa, and Ukraine's GDP per Capita (PPP) is about $8,100, while Moldova's GDP Per Capita (PPP) is about $5,600 IIRC, then using that data, and extrapolating outward from there.....$5,600 / $8,100 = .69 or Moldova's GDP Per Capita (PPP) is only 69% that of Ukraine's. Therefore, 69% of $200 US is about $140 per month average salary for Moldova??  ??? Am I way off, or is $140 US per month a semi-acceptable rough estimate of the average monthly salary for Moldova?

I cannot imagine trying to live on $140 per month, I just.....it must be a very difficult life for Moldovians.
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 08:33:27 AM »
Cash free society and black money.

It depends what your expectations are.

If you live on a farm, grow your own food, chop your own wood and make your own clothes, or get them from charity shops, how much money do you need.

It isn't a case of living like you do, but on the cheap, it is a completely different way of living.

However, no matter what any woman might tell you, the chances of you meeting a woman that poor are slim. In addition, even if you did meet such a woman, you'd not want her, even if you did, it'd be a big mistake.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »
Cash free society and black money.

It depends what your expectations are.

If you live on a farm, grow your own food, chop your own wood and make your own clothes, or get them from charity shops, how much money do you need.

It isn't a case of living like you do, but on the cheap, it is a completely different way of living.

However, no matter what any woman might tell you, the chances of you meeting a woman that poor are slim. In addition, even if you did meet such a woman, you'd not want her, even if you did, it'd be a big mistake.

And what is the cryptic meaning behind that sinister sounding statement? Maybe that she is a prostitute - that is the only way any woman could survive on $140 / month? I am not sure what your statement meant exactly, but I am guessing that could be the hidden meaning?

Charity shops? I am not sure what those are. Are those some stores set up by the Moldovian gvnt, or other countries' gvnts to help out the needy Moldovian citizens?

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 08:56:32 AM »
So Moldova functions primarily on the barter system? Interesting, I thought that could only be found in places such as Africa and Afghanistan, real B :censored: ingEgypt places. I did not know it actually existed as the main economic system of a country in Europe. Well, now that I think about it, by "Black Money", do you mean the same thing as what is about 50% of the Ukrainian economy - the "Grey Economy" as my Macroeconomics textbooks refer to it as? I think this is what you are referring to?

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 09:16:54 AM »
I have always heard that the 2 cities in the world, most famous for having the most beautiful women a man will ever lay his eyes on are Budapest and Prague. I have just always heard those 2 cities mentioned over and over again, Budapest and Prague. Dunno if it true or not.

Registration