The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: A new way Anastasiadate is getting ladies to register !!  (Read 15297 times)

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
A new way Anastasiadate is getting ladies to register !!
« on: November 03, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
Since October 1 in odessa I have seen all these ads all over odessa for anastasia date showing a car etc. these ads are all over the city on very expensive advertising area's the signs are in russian and a link to there womens website where ladies  do registration if not with an agency, this site is not connected to the mens site,I was walking with my office manager and asked her what the ads said , it totally amazed me ! I am sure these ads are in other sites in ukraine and russia.

the link to the site  http://www.svadba.com/News.aspx

I have a photo of the signs I would post , But I am sure the link is good enough , use google to translate the link

They are giving a car away to the best girl who chats , they have given vacations away already and notebooks and other great prizes.

A new way american dating coroprations from the USA get the ladie on there site !! I am sure some of these other large agencies will do the same.  I am sure I will be attacked for bring this to people's attention,  I am not trying to do anything but point out what no one here has seen or really paid attention to. I noticed them more because today almost every where I went in odessa I seen these ads and finally know what they where about.

text from the website !!

Hurry up, the grand prize will gain his mistress on November 13!

Начинай общаться прямо сейчас. Start chatting now.

Этот автомобиль может стать твоим! This car can be yours!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: A new way Anastasiadate is getting ladies to register !!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »
Seems a decent way to encourage women to sign up.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline kievstar

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »
I got blasted on the other site when I mentioned I know someone who recently got paid more than $10,000 USD by Anastasia for her photos and a couple of meetings.  Letter writing is doing very well for the agencies owners I know. 

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 12:14:01 PM »
I got blasted on the other site when I mentioned I know someone who recently got paid more than $10,000 USD by Anastasia for her photos and a couple of meetings. 

Can you elaborate on that KS?
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Odessarents

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Here we go again today I was going past the palduim and out front another car give away by anastastiadate , http://www.svadba.com/news/#win-auto-2012 [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] click on the link to see the car out front of the paladuim

•   New Ford Fiesta waits his mistress in one of the main streets of Odessa!
 Very soon, precisely on February 12, on the eve of Valentine's Day, one of the girls listed on svadba.com, will become a happy owner of this wonderful vehicle!
 Be active and sociable, come to Live Chat and get the opportunity to become a party to contest Anastasia's Miss Valentine 2012!
 The conclusion a step towards your dream today!
Login to Chat!
•    30/01/12
 Hurry up!  You can win a new car!   February 12 Anastasia company holds the first contest in 2012 - Anastasia's Miss Valentine!
 25 girls registered on the site www.svadba.com can take part in the battle for the grand prize - a new car!
 Use your chance to become one of them and it is possible that you will win a new car!  To do this, just go to Live Chat and talk with men who are most sympathetic to you.

Offline missAmeno

• Spouses Country: ukraine
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
 :chuckle: i better rush then , still have chance to win free car  :chuckle:
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »
:chuckle: i better rush then , still have change to win free car  :chuckle:

Don't forget to send us a picture.  :evilgrin0002:

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 01:00:14 PM »

I need to make quick poll:
blonde, brunette, red head?
age?
if i win a car promise  to sent thank you post card to all participants of poll
Hypocrisy is the state of pretending to have beliefs, opinions, virtues, ideals, thoughts, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually have. Hypocrisy involves the deception of others and is thus a kind of lie.

Offline Muzh_1

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 01:16:10 PM »

I need to make quick poll:
blonde, brunette, red head?
age?
if i win a car promise  to sent thank you post card to all participants of poll

Ginger!! Oooh yeah!

P.S. Don't forget the freckles.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 01:48:10 PM »
As I noted a year ago, the supply side of the Mail Order Bride biz is tightening.

Notice how the qualification is not simply to sign up, they are after women to do live chatting with male clients.

I know of one large operator that worked very hard to ensure that their affiliate agencies were not paying women to chat. Now we have another biz that is very definitely going down a different route. This is, for you guys, creating a very bad situation. It used to be that one could video chat online and be fairly sure that the person was real and had reason to be there chatting with you. Now, with Anastasiadate at least that is simply NOT the case. As you can see from the page they run ongoing promotions to encourage girls to spend time online with blokes.

Dirty Barrel getting made more muddy again. As ever, if you want to have a real chance of success you'll be needing a passport and a firm intention. These girls will chatter and play up your fantasies if you are not careful.

Offline missAmeno

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 01:58:31 PM »
... you'll be needing a passport and a firm intention.

That's in case they are at all will be interested in those and not simply in a car

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 02:10:28 PM »
... you'll be needing a passport and a firm intention.

That's in case they are at all will be interested in those and not simply in a car

A person who is present is going to cut through most of the crap.

Most of the businesses that guys deal with are fully aware that only a very tiny percentage of the guys will ever get on a plane. Their services are therefore based upon serving the large majority of lonely cellar dwellers and fantasists who would prefer to get their fantasy fodder by pretending to talk to women about love and marriage than from more overtly sexual business modes.

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 02:17:32 PM »
Dirty Barrel getting made more muddy again. As ever, if you want to have a real chance of success you'll be needing a passport and a firm intention. These girls will chatter and play up your fantasies if you are not careful.

I agree!  It seems to me with this "new development", the courtship value of pre-visit video chat BEFORE a personal meeting in the lady's home town is dropping to virtually zero. 
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
I know of one large operator that worked very hard to ensure that their affiliate agencies were not paying women to chat.

Really? :ROFL:

Care to name names?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »
Shakespear, it certainly creates problems. That said, I still think it is easier to see what is going on with a person when they are in clear view rather than being mediated by a secretary's imagination via email.
But, for sure, there will again be caveats, it will no longer be sufficient to say 'get her on video' as a default option for almost any site. We will be back to 'watch out for this site' and 'that site should be OK'.

Vinny, it may be that your memory is failing, although somehow I doubt it. I am certain that if you think hard you will recall all by yourself.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 06:35:51 PM »
Shakespear, it certainly creates problems. That said, I still think it is easier to see what is going on with a person when they are in clear view rather than being mediated by a secretary's imagination via email.
But, for sure, there will again be caveats, it will no longer be sufficient to say 'get her on video' as a default option for almost any site. We will be back to 'watch out for this site' and 'that site should be OK'.

Vinny, it may be that your memory is failing, although somehow I doubt it. I am certain that if you think hard you will recall all by yourself.

Andrew didn't you produce a couple of e-pamphlets a while back that said the MOB business was on its last legs and would soon be gone?  Now you seem to be saying that the MOB business is embracing new technology that will soon spread throughout the industry.  Isn't your most recent statement above at odds with your weighty tomes DOARB 1 & 2?
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2012, 06:39:33 PM »
WC,

The MOB business, as we knew it before IMBRA, is definitely dead, has been buried and has decomposed.

Offline nunya

• RIP
    • First Dream
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »

Is definitely dead is it Tom?   :o

Well Tom, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that.  In my opinion the decrease in men pursuing a Ukr/Rus bride has been directly related to the economy, or as described in Russia and Ukraine, "the crisis". 

Again, in my opinion, based on the number of clientele I have seen and worked with since 1998, for the last two and a half years the number of men going to Ukraine and Russia has been half of the number of men that were going the first half of 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004.  And what I hear from a lot of men today who have been putting this pursuit off the last 2.5 years,  will I have a job next month, how much will the value of my home decrease, how to increase production or sales, etc, to now, how much will an individual or group tour cost.

IMBRA has really had very little effect on the industry other than directly helping some agencies to scam even more efficiently. IMBRA, a law that was passed in late 2005, even today cannot be enforced, and is not being enforced, until our own US Government complies with the law as written.

Over the last 6 months I am seeing more and more men, from England, Aussie's, Chinese, Italian, Canadian, German's and American men who are going to Ukraine and Russia. This year is going to be good, next year even better based on the number of men making plans for next year.

The MOB is pretty darn near booming if one considers the money being made on the many various providers that are offering video chat.

Their is no doubt in my mind that the business of foreign men meeting FSU ladies is a whole lot closer to booming, than dying.

Like I said, we can simply just agree to disagree on this one.  I'll check back with you next year and see which of us was closest with their views.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 01:23:33 AM »
WC,

The MOB business, as we knew it before IMBRA, is definitely dead, has been buried and has decomposed.

Tom you may be American but I'm Canadian and Manny is British, IMBRA means squat to us. For us nothing has changed. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 02:24:10 AM »
I think many men are moving from MOB sites, to social sites. which will make it harder to check numbers.
But what did facebook numbers go up to in Russia this year!!!
I know many still don`t use it as there main source but if it continues to grow that fast.
They soon will.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 02:32:09 AM »
Westcoast, go back and actually read that which you criticise before writing rubbish. Change is normal, but the point is that, as I wrote, way back then, the supply side is drying up - women don't want to marry you lot. I for one never suggested that US legislation was the ONLY issue, but you'd not know that, never having read the thing. ;)

You may live in a lofty but cosy isolation in Canada, but what happens in one part of a business affects other parts - is normal and, as the professional banker you have claimed to be you'd know that, so why make yourself look silly?

Tom is, however, correct legislation has fundamentally affected the MOB niche and continues to do so. I can not say that jack's travails are for just the reason he suggests, for sure they are part of it, but I know that he does not suffer alone. The industry is undergoing great changes. Think of this: Jack works with smaller agencies in Ukraine. If his business is chopped off at the knees than how are the folks at the Ukraine end faring?

The end result, it'd seem right now is that the niche is dying off and what is left is a vast amount of 'girl not present' fraud that feeds the armchair denizens who, like westcoast, will never make a journey but are happy to pay for fantasies.

Truth is that time, just a few short months, is showing that I knew pretty much what I was talking about. We can see new business models being tried out, but there is not yet a single (or couple of) new archetypal business model(s) that will become the template for the niche ongoing. To be honest, I HAD expected that part of the process to be a little further advanced. Video, as instigated by RUA, years ago is going to become the norm, but the pool is being muddied as the older businesses try to hang on to life. It is hard to see the AnastasiaDate initiatives as anything other than an act of desperation given the ease with which their program could be spotted by their paying clientele.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »
OK... I'll spell it out:

The MOB business, as we knew it before IMBRA, consisted of the sale of postal addresses (sometimes telephone numbers and email addresses as well) so that we could contact a girl directly. The information was usually genuine and current. Now, it's become standard practice for the large agencies to use IMBRA as a cover story for their fraud.

Offline BeachBum

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 08:01:47 AM »
I think many men are moving from MOB sites, to social sites. which will make it harder to check numbers.
But what did facebook numbers go up to in Russia this year!!!
I know many still don`t use it as there main source but if it continues to grow that fast.
They soon will.

Vkontakte is a Russian site and very similar to Facebook.  It even includes a video chat capability.  In Russia, there are 38 million female users, in Ukraine there are 10 million female users. and in Moldava there are a quarter million.  A high percentage of the women on sites like Anastasia  can easily be found on this free site using it's search engine.  However, when you find the women and try to communicate with them, most will not answer, even if they sent you a letter or chatted with you extensively on Anastasia or other sites.  This makes it pretty obvious that the women on the sites like Anastasia are either impersonated, financially incentivized, lured by prizes as this thread says, or are threatened.  I think the latter is highly unlikely.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 10:08:26 AM »
Beachbum, given the very small number of women with any interest in marrying a foreigner there is actually not much chance that you will come across real women who have profiels on networking sites and sites such as Anastasia.

But yes, the chances are that if you spot a profile that is on both public sites and sites like Anastasia that it is either a fake profile on the dating site or it is being administered by a secretary. There is nothign new here. Pareto suggests that most of the women that you lot are interested in are, if geniune, so overlaoded with approaches from hungry foreigners that they will be having no direct contact with foreign guys until the guy has made it expressly clear that he is gettingona palce on such and such a date.

This is why it made sense to deal with girls in agencies who used video as one could be pretty sure that the video was of a real person and that you had a chance to 'score' with her. Now we see Anastasiadate doing this (and they will not be alone, I am sure, the water is one again muddied as girls are now incentivised to chat with you lot without them having expressed any interest in marriage.

My guess is that this will increase the traffic to genuine international dating sites, of which there are not very many, and the even smaller subset that check for positive ID, that enable men to 'sponsor' the woman to reply and where both men and women pay for services as they use them, not on a subscrption basis.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 11:31:03 AM »
Thats why Skype is so great, it is easy to use and free.
If serious a women will go to skype, if not NEXT
Don't need any site for that!
There is nothing permanent except change.