The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Recommend a reputable site!  (Read 114769 times)

Offline TonynUkraine

• Spouses Country: United States
  • Trips: 1-5
Recommend a reputable site!
« on: June 09, 2012, 08:17:04 PM »
Hey folks,

I am a new guy to the site as of today and since I have been here I have read a lot of great information. Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time to research all the information available here. I consider myself fairly serious since I have already traveled to the Ukraine twice and will be going again soon. I have been using Anastasia previously, but it is hard since they have less than a shining reputation. I had a good time on both of my previous adventures, but I need a site where I can increase my odds. Any help appreciated. 
"Nobody will give you anything you haven't earned, and apparently I've earned my knocks!"

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Recommend a reputable site!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 08:24:24 PM »
Tony,

You need to decide which approach is best for you.

There is the Write One Visit One and the Write Many and Visit Many, do this solo or with a winger.

I would read some of the threads and figure what feels comfortable for you. I would ask and answer for your self about your motives and needs. I would listen and consider all the advice even if it wacky.

As for actual sites, I would go with a site such as Love Planet or Mamba, both are free. Both are Russian facing but Mamba has a wider array of different sorts of profiles. You can also join a pay site such as Planet Love Match or A Foreign Affair, as examples, but there are precious few guarantees in my opinion. A few members have had success with Elena's Models but like everything in life there are no guarantee's.

So enjoy your endeavour and bring good luck it sure helps.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline TonynUkraine

• Spouses Country: United States
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »
I'm pretty much an adventurer. My first two trips were solo and very educational. Fortunately, I can get there fairly frequently because I am an airline pilot and don't buy tickets, and I speak enough Russian to get around by myself.

"Nobody will give you anything you haven't earned, and apparently I've earned my knocks!"

Offline Loskito

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »
it's difficult to find a honest and good site i used many which were not scam but without any concrete result. Ukraine Date is OK.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
Loskito,

Welcome to RUA!

It would interesting to everyone everyone here if you introduced your self and shared you expierence.

AvHdB
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline HeartInTheEast

• Spouses Country: Ukraine & Vietnam.
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:34:24 AM »
Subbed!

I am trying Mamba and loveplanet but real does not mean much, I wish you could filter out the low reply rates.
They dont even screen photos:
http://www.mamba.ru/anketa.phtml?oid=946484708&hit=10&fromsearch&sp=8

Do the pay sites solve this problem?

Offline JayH

• Watched
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 03:44:15 AM »
Subbed!

I am trying Mamba and loveplanet but real does not mean much, I wish you could filter out the low reply rates.

The better ones do. Contrary to most opinion here --it is possible to use them. BUT-- you need to learn how to pick the real and serious girls. You are young and if you are ok looking ,it may help. You need to be prepared to spend money to sort out the wheat from the sheep-- but it is possible.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 03:50:09 AM »
Okay thanks, spend money to sort out the real and fake in what way, do you pay for each girl you message??

The pay sites I have in my notes are:
http://www.luckylovers.net/
http://www.elenasmodels.com/

Okay why is all their English written fluently, are those all the fake ones??

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 04:03:59 AM »
Okay thanks, spend money to sort out the real and fake in what way, do you pay for each girl you message??

To sort out who is real-- and then who is serious and honest with you-- will take time and money.
EG   RLM site--it is well organised and easy to use.These numbers are approx    $50 per month
Buy $200 credits--- gives  you 50 free intro  letters to send per month  and then 30 as follow ups.It allows chat & video cam  in what you have paid. Video chat chews thru money.
plan on spending $1000 plus in a short time in sorting out-- there are a few other charges,
Pay attention to the advice on this site as to how these pay sites extract money from you. you can definitely set up meetings-- what they will mean will depend on how well you have done prelim prep.
Lots more to all this.
Elena site is recommended by many. I rate ease of use as being important.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 04:14:34 AM »
Elana's does look good, and the most well designed so far of the lot.

Why would you pay so much for video chat instead of using Skype??

You are making it sound like it is an older age style correspondence speed lol?
So you just write one long letter and wait for reply and then write another long letter?? o.0

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 04:29:10 AM »
Sites make money-- big money thru chat. Girls will not move easily to Skype. They will  most probably being rewarded by what the help bring in.
It is a staged exercise--once you get direct contact details-- you know you are making progress. If  she will go to Skype- that is good. There are many variations on a theme to deal with. Some girls will not have the easy access to Skype ( despite what some will say here) - so it can get complicated.
Go and look at site-- pay $10 starter -- see what you think.  Russian Love Match.com
I have no commercial affiliation --it is one of many sites that I have looked at.

Offline Vinnvinny

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 04:52:54 AM »

Jay: You most definitely do NOT want to filter out low reply rates as this is critical data on that site. Girls with red to yellow reply rates are the most likely to be genuine. If anything it would be nice to filter out high reply rates ....

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 05:00:30 AM »

Jay: You most definitely do NOT want to filter out low reply rates as this is critical data on that site. Girls with red to yellow reply rates are the most likely to be genuine. If anything it would be nice to filter out high reply rates ....
Vinny-- my comments were directed to RLM.Sorry if I caused confusion.I was trying to think of example of easy to use pay site.
So I am clear -- I was specifically referring to sites like RLM in my comments.
Some of them may apply elsewhere but it is not what I was addressing

Looks like he has disappeared now-- hope he reports back-- I will be interested to see what he says.

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 05:13:27 AM »
I think if you eliminate every site where you pay to open or send each letter you will go a long way to eliminate the bad sites.

My top recommendation has always been Elenas.   Not because it is an easy to navigate site with a good choice of women but because I met my wife there and have heard more guys say they met their wife there than any other 10 sites put together. 

My limited experience with free sites was that it was nice they were free but that also attracted more armchair romantics who would likely never make a trip and I had to spend three times the effort to get results.

If you did the tours with Anastasia there is only one good tour that I would recommend and that is Jack's FirstDream tour.  It's quite different than the rest.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »
Yea the green reply rates are all putanas I realised.

with RLM I did not join yet but took a look around, as I was told to expect by Mende it has BS write ups "We dont pay the women" etc etc

There is a suspiciously high amount of 8+s. But a good froth nonetheless.

Is elenas 19th century correspondence aswell??

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 05:34:15 AM »
Make some friends in ICQ and meet up - see what develops the natural way instead of ticking boxes on a consumer-driven meat market....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2012, 05:38:53 AM »
Thanks Turboguy, I think I will start with Elenas.

I didnt know people still use ICQ, I thought it died with IRC when myspace started making it. I know Russia has plenty of facebook clones.

2 girls I met in Kiev had a profile at http://geometria.ru/en/users/ and http://my.mail.ru, there is also VK.com.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2012, 05:40:02 AM »
ICQ still popular in FSU. or it was, I keep forgetting it's 2003 when I met my better arf.....

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2012, 05:44:34 AM »
Myspace launched in 2003, dont worry FB avenged its death!

Offline nicknick

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2012, 06:02:13 AM »
Subbed!

heartintheeast,

As you've found, there are a number of profiles on mamba that are not exactly truthful.

If you read through a few then it quickly becomes obvious which are genuine profiles and which are not - you can usually tell as soon as you click on the profile.

The example you give above is typical - no or very limited information and one photo that, in all likelihood, isn't genuine.

More genuine profiles will have more information and, usually, more than one photo, some random examples:-

http://www.mamba.ru/anketa.phtml?oid=691145684

http://www.mamba.ru/mb766243864

http://www.mamba.ru/anketa.phtml?oid=946439014

Offline Isthmus

• Spouses Country: Kazakhstan
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2012, 06:18:41 AM »

Okay why is all their English written fluently, are those all the fake ones??

LL & Elena's are the only two I would recommend. I took someone's advice here to start with LL and then move on to Elena's, never even went beyond LL (even if I would check out profiles on Elena's sometimes). LL is cheap as well, only something like $40 for 3 months I think and there are definitely some real and genuine women there. I wouldn't bother writing to women unless you plan to travel in the near future though. If you plan to travel in 6 months time, stay off these sites until you are at least 3-4 months away from travelling IMO.

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »
They drop interest if you take too long chatting to them even though you are so far away? :/

Offline JayH

• Watched
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2012, 06:41:22 AM »
They drop interest if you take too long chatting to them even though you are so far away? :/

Hard to sustain interest if it drags on. 90+% of men never go.Girls know this .In reality-- most Europeans have no concept of the distance some of us have to travel-- and especially how long it takes.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2012, 06:46:34 AM »
And it's worth considering the primary motives of these when registered on INTERNATIONAL dating agencies, do they seek love or economic betterment?

Offline HeartInTheEast

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »

Hard to sustain interest if it drags on. 90+% of men never go.Girls know this .In reality-- most Europeans have no concept of the distance some of us have to travel-- and especially how long it takes.

Yea only some people mentioned how far I had travelled(30 hours inc waiting at airports) and I think it was only other travellers from Africa and other parts of Europe, lucky I got plenty of pics from Kiev I think I will use those, hopefully that should convince them I am in the 10%?