The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

What are the Biggest Myths regarding FSUW (Women from the Former Soviet Union)

All FSUW are docile, subservient, non argumentative creatures
All FSUW are great cooks and love to make tasty dishes
All FSUW love to cook and clean
All FSUW are scammers
FSUW don't care if you smell bad, have bad manners, or grooming (you seem more manly this way
FSUW don't really care too much if you slap them around a little bit since they want to know you are the boss
FSUW live in the third world and will be amazed at your ordinary household appliances
FSUW Like men twice their age
All FSUW are ____________ (fill in the blank)
Bill is an idiot what the heck does he know?
All FSUW are EVIL !! run away while you can !!!!
Something else please explain here
Another something else please explain
FSUW are all Commies
FSUW are all Atheists
FSUW are all Angels
FSUW are so desperate to leave !!!!

Author Topic: What are the Biggest Myth out there regarding Slavic or Eastern European Women?  (Read 28155 times)

Offline Stubben

• Meмber
(Pulls photo of electric hand mixer out of the trash).  :biggrin:

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
Stubben, if you really want to get a girl's attention, don't worry about the appliances. Just show her a photo of you peeling potatoes. Shirtless is optional.  :loving:
Life is so short we must move very slowly.

Offline workedforme

Is it me or am I seeing this poll from the opposite from you guys. A myth is something that isn't true,hence 17 voting FSUW are docile.etc. means they don't believe the statement.

Now 22 voters have signed off.  All FSUW are docile, subservient, non argumentative creatures has the most votes at 13 so far.  8)

I don't know exactly where this myth came from but, anyone who has had an
argument with a FSUW KNOWsit's not the case and will give
more credence to the possibility of the tooth fairy putting money under your pillow.  

Now 27 voters, and 17 for the same.  :nod:

Translated - means once they have an idea in their head, the odds of dislodging it becomes, a mission impossible scenario.  :laugh: 

Nope my observation was more along the idea if people say these are myths, not much in the way of comments "why" are being made.  ;D

Online 2tallbill

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
Is it me or am I seeing this poll from the opposite from you guys. A myth is something that isn't true,hence 17 voting FSUW are docile.etc. means they don't believe the statement.

Worked, your interpretation is correct.
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Offline cufflinks

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 1-5
FSUW live in the third world and will be amazed at your ordinary household appliances       9 (7.8%)

Bummer, does this mean I can't use a photo of my dishwasher to pull FSU chicks?

;D

I suspect that all you need is a Picture of yourself in a beautiful meadow sloping up to some Mountains with a fjordview in the background sporting a big Viking smile!   :king:

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
The votes I choose were votes which were meant to illustrate that I agreed that those particular statements were infact 'myths'. Even though the poll was poorly worded. As a result, I guess that means I need to lodge an official protest to have all 6 of my votes changed to be placed in the "Bill is an idiot what the heck does he know?" box. :laugh: :ROFL: :) :P tiphat

Online 2tallbill

The votes I choose were votes which were meant to illustrate that I agreed that those particular statements were infact 'myths'. Even though the poll was poorly worded. As a result, I guess that means I need to lodge an official protest to have all 6 of my votes changed to be placed in the "Bill is an idiot what the heck does he know?" box. :laugh: :ROFL: :) :P tiphat

It was very poorly worded I agree but if you look at the original post
you can see that I was unable to fix it so I should only get 5 of your votes
for "Bill is an idiot", (besides I voted for myself) 

Please note that I am having problems editing the thread topic and I am not sure why

FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+

It was very poorly worded I agree but if you look at the original post
you can see that I was unable to fix it so I should only get 5 of your votes
for "Bill is an idiot", (besides I voted for myself) 

Please note that I am having problems editing the thread topic and I am not sure why

Bill

If you want the poll editing let me know what you want me to do and I will take care of it.

Chris
Слава Україні

Online 2tallbill

Chris,

What are the Biggest Myths regarding FSUW (Women from the Former Soviet Union)

or

What is the Biggest Myth regarding FSUW (Women from the Former Soviet Union)

are goes with plural, where "is" is singular. I think that since we can vote several times that the first option would be best.

I don't know if FSUW, Slavic, Eastern European is redundant or not. Probably just
one designator is enough. I think we should stay away from using the generic RW
because of all the inter FSU rivalry as of late.

Spasibo,

Bill

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Is that what you wanted Bill?
Слава Україні

Online 2tallbill

Is that what you wanted Bill?

Exactly,

Thanks

Bill

Offline Kimosabe

I did not see the choice for ALL OF THE ABOVE.   :nod:  Isn't it true there are more myths than truths about FSUW?  Part of a marketing strategy by some of the big Internet players?  :laugh:
I am in Dnepropetrovsk now and the weather is fantastic, the ladies are stunning and my tongue is sore from dragging it on the sidewalk.  :) 

Offline Sauron

I would have chosen the 'Bill is an idiot' if it would not have been a vote against the truthfullness of that statemnt. :party0031:

Online 2tallbill

The "All FSUW are evil" received it's obligatory one vote.

Offline jb

• I was anti-obama before it was cool

Maxx must have voted.
I was anti-obama before it was cool

Online 2tallbill

Maxx must have voted.

Then he fell for my evil plan and voted that it's big myth

Offline Springirl

Bill you're old enough to remember the mental image all men in the west had of Russian women back in the days of the USSR, before the wall fell.  Russian women didn't shave their legs or underarms, had a pronounced mustache over the upper lip and the body of a stevedore, only with bigger muscles.  :laugh: 

Please FSUW no  :fighting0025: or  :fighting0004: or  :GRAVE: this was all Bill's idea.  I'm just trying to help Manny boost his post count so that the RUA post count will pass the count on the forum that can't be named.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
it can be true if the FSUW is from the village, or small town, did you have one like that????
well I think you have also in Europe and A.merica a bunch of these as well. ;D

Offline WestCoast

Bill you're old enough to remember the mental image all men in the west had of Russian women back in the days of the USSR, before the wall fell.  Russian women didn't shave their legs or underarms, had a pronounced mustache over the upper lip and the body of a stevedore, only with bigger muscles.  :laugh: 

Please FSUW no  :fighting0025: or  :fighting0004: or  :GRAVE: this was all Bill's idea.  I'm just trying to help Manny boost his post count so that the RUA post count will pass the count on the forum that can't be named.  :bow: :bow: :bow:
it can be true if the FSUW is from the village, or small town, did you have one like that????

Springirl I've never been to FSU but I have been to a number of countries in Europe and some of the German women, especially back in the 1980's, looked like that.

Yes we have some women in North America who could pass for muscular hairy men.  Not really my taste. My ex was a Chinese woman.  Tiny with long black hair and other than eyebrows not much hair anywhere else.  Rather typical for a Chinese woman.   
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Springirl

Springirl I've never been to FSU but I have been to a number of countries in Europe and some of the German women, especially back in the 1980's, looked like that.

Yes we have some women in North America who could pass for muscular hairy men.  Not really my taste. My ex was a Chinese woman.  Tiny with long black hair and other than eyebrows not much hair anywhere else.  Rather typical for a Chinese woman.   
what an intimate reply :) :chuckle: , thanks, for me it is very important, now I will know that Chinese are completely shaved, lol  :chuckle: :party0011:

Online 2tallbill

I would have chosen the 'Bill is an idiot' if it would not have been a vote against the truthfullness of that statemnt. :party0031:

You discovered my ploy  ;D

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Bill you're old enough to remember the mental image all men in the west had of Russian women back in the days of the USSR, before the wall fell.  Russian women didn't shave their legs or underarms, had a pronounced mustache over the upper lip and the body of a stevedore, only with bigger muscles.  :laugh:  

Like in that Wedy's commercial - "Soviet Fashion Show" from back in the '80's?  :o

Offline Jared2151

I loved that commercial !!!!!

It ranked right up there with the ad for "Mobil 1" motor oil ( "You can pay me now, OR, you can pay me later.")

Offline rutabaga

I loved that commercial !!!!!

It ranked right up there with the ad for "Mobil 1" motor oil ( "You can pay me now, OR, you can pay me later.")

If I remember correctly, that was the tag line in commericals for FRAM oil filters. Unless my CRS diease is acting up again (CRS = Can't Remember Sh.., er, Stuff)
Joe

Offline dazzer

Much of the advertising incoperated by many international marriage agency's is designed to encourage fantastical notions upon their clients WM.....

Most FSU ladies do not want to leave their country and have no real interest in marrying a foreigner.

FSU ladies are not falling over themselves to snag a much older guy, you can be successful in your FSUW pursuit if you are much older than the lady, but of course you will be the exception to the norm.

If your in anyway not up to it, don't bother because they will :popcorn:
« on: January 14, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Would she be offended to get a text without telling her ahead of time?

Online 2tallbill

Wendy's Commercial (and secretly a bump)