The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Poll

Your opinions of Socials?

I was at a Social
9 (5.7%)
I have never been on a social
57 (36.1%)
I have friends that went on one
14 (8.9%)
I have a good opinion of them
13 (8.2%)
I have a bad opinion of them
29 (18.4%)
I would never go on a Social
36 (22.8%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Author Topic: Romance Tours & Socials - Good experiences or bad?  (Read 82597 times)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Romance Tours & Socials - Good experiences or bad?
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2012, 04:17:15 AM »
In reading the post above from JezP it is worth noting that he claims to run the British office of A Foreign Affair / LoveMe from some place in southern England.

AFA is bigly into selling tours, it is the core of their business and while Jack's business is much smaller than AFA it is certainly correct to note that they are competing for the same 'tourmonger' dollar.

Given Jez's position within AFA (he has an AFA company email address) and his claims of being resident in Ukraine one comes to wonder how it'd be that he would actually know the women he referenced above other than through his professional work with AFA - I am guessing he is not a client of Jack Bragg's. ;)

I can't help but think that Jeremy's specific comments above reflect more about AFA and his employment with them than it does about Jack Bragg and his business.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline shakespear

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2012, 07:17:03 AM »
ive been to prob 15 socials, personally and professionally and i think they give the guys a good starting place an break down a lot of nerves about dating generally in ukr. i have never seen a guy leave without 3-5 numbers minimum and lets face it to get to meet 200-300 ladies in one evening is a GREAT START for anyone. It is also a great ego boost for them and to realise that it can be done. 

I'd say this is an accurate listing of the positive benefits of a social.

I think socials can be a viable way to meet eligible ladies in the FSU.  However you need to guard against the "White God Factor**" and give meetings at socials the same value as initial correspondence by email.

Multiple visits to the home city, multiple meetings with family and friends and a prolonged courtship are always necessary in order to insure compatibility and mutual attraction prior to marriage. 

** = fully defined and discussed in Chapter 6, starting on page 131, "The eXile: Sex, Drugs and Libel in the New Russia" by Ames & Taibbi
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun" - Katharine Hepburn

Offline GOB

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2012, 07:32:18 AM »
Romance pimp tours and Socials?
If I was looking for a wife?.... NEVER!!

GOB

Hey!!..... That's my wife!!  (:) (:) (:) (:)

Offline GOB

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:52 AM »
Just had to add this one to.
It's one of my all time favorites.
Pimp'n ain't easy.  ;D

GOB

ila_rendered

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »
I did not know lap dances were included in Socials :chuckle:

Vinny, might wanna consider this :laugh:
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Vinnvinny

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2012, 12:59:32 PM »
I did not know lap dances were included in Socials :chuckle:

Vinny, might wanna consider this :laugh:

Much to my dismay and disappointment Lap Dancers are not included at the socials I have been to. Typically though one can book one in advance for a charge of $5 per dance, which can work out quite expensive during the course of one evening.

My preference is to now take my own to these events as it works out cheaper and does away with possibility that you might be allocated a dancer who doesn’t meet your requirements.

Thank you for your interest.  :thumbsup: