The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: End of the fairy tale  (Read 41454 times)

Offline bgreed

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 5-10
End of the fairy tale
« on: September 15, 2009, 08:19:37 PM »
For those who followed my adventure, marriage and birth of our son. Know that the fairy tale doesn't always have a happy ending. Lena decided that she wasn't happy with me after being here only nine months and has left me taking the children with her. Just shy of our 2nd wedding anniversary.  sometimes life sucks

Offline Voyager

• Meмber
Re: End of the fairy tale
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »
For those my adventure, marriage and bbirth of our son. Know that the airy tale doesn't always have a happy ending. Lena decided that she wasn't happy with me after being here only nine months and has left me taking the children with her. Just shy of our 2nd wedding anniversary.  sometimes life sucks

Really sorry to hear that.  :(

How long did you know her before you got married?

Offline mirror

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »
For those my adventure, marriage and bbirth of our son. Know that the airy tale doesn't always have a happy ending. Lena decided that she wasn't happy with me after being here only nine months and has left me taking the children with her. Just shy of our 2nd wedding anniversary.  sometimes life sucks

What happened?

As I remember your wife was waiting for a visa for long... didn't she get  what she expected? No paradize? no gold fields around your home?  

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »
 bgreed took his time, 2.5 years. I know him personally, and it's quite the shock to what has happened recently.  :(

Offline mirror

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:48:05 PM »
bgreed took his time, 2.5 years. I know him personally, and it's quite the shock to what has happened recently.  :(

You know not him only ,you know Ukr girls generaly and personaly also, so what happened in your opinion?

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:55:41 PM »
Bgreed,
I was saddened to hear of this. Elena is a member here as well and my heart goes out to both of you.  So much effort, so little reward...I don't know what else to post... :(

Brass
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."  ~ John Diefenbaker

P.S....Unless you happen to live in Quebec and are subject to the Quebec Charter Of Values, of course.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 08:57:35 PM »
 Mirror , that is up to bgreed to discuss here. I won't go into any details, unless I'm given his permission. but he's a big guy and can answer whatever you may want to know.  tiphat

Offline ECR844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 09:40:43 PM »
"Bgreed,"

You're a good guy and I'm sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you and your wife. I wish you the best in these tough times.

Offline jb

• I was anti-obama before it was cool
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 09:48:29 PM »
I'm at a loss for words,,, very sad news.
I was anti-obama before it was cool

Offline BCKev

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 11:36:01 PM »
Truly sad news. I wish you the best.

Offline mendeleyev

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 11:55:43 PM »
G, sorry to hear and our prayers are with you.

Offline sparky114

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 12:02:50 AM »
BGREED,

So sorry to learn of your news, i can not imagine the devastation you feel, you are in our prayers.
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline lindochka

• это что такое?
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 12:26:32 AM »
So sorry to hear this...
Life is so short we must move very slowly.

Offline Chris

• Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 12:55:21 AM »
Very sorry to hear this BG, a sad story.
Слава Україні

Offline AkMike

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 01:40:14 AM »
Add me to the list of shocked and saddened!

Sorry
Thomas Jefferson Quotation, "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 01:52:33 AM »
Hi G,

Many of us have followed your story, and I hope that you guys can work this out ..

Please ignore Mirror and her unhelpful comments...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline tonton

• RIP
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 02:45:22 AM »
Sorry to hear of this.

Stay strong.

Tony

Offline Manny

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 03:06:29 AM »
It is very sad news as any of us who have followed any of your story will agree.

I hope you guys can workout the split amicably and do what is best for the kids.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Stirlitz

• Commercial Member
  • "Helping People Understand Each Other"
    • OdessaGuide.Net
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 03:32:28 AM »
Yet it would be useful to know the reasons if you don’t mind. Lack of understanding and wrong assumptions about one another?
Igor Kalinin
Russian Translator/Interpreter/Guide/Agent for Odessa, the Crimea and the rest of Ukraine
www.odessaguide.net

Offline bgreed

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 04:36:43 AM »
The list of things that happened in our short time together  is long. But lets just say that she was a much different person after coming to the US that the wonderful lady I first met and fell in love with.  Understand that I still love her with all my heart and would take her back in a split minute.  However it seems that I cannot meet her expectations of how a man should act and that I was not a good enough provider.  Of course the fact that she was havng an affair with another man for the past three months adds to this.  She came home one day and told me she wanted a divorce (Sunday) that she was in love with another man.  Also that she didn't love me anymore and didn't have any respect for me. Even a couple of our Russian friends were very shocked by her actions.

Offline sparky114

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 04:58:24 AM »
The list of things that happened in our short time together  is long. But lets just say that she was a much different person after coming to the US that the wonderful lady I first met and fell in love with.  Understand that I still love her with all my heart and would take her back in a split minute.  However it seems that I cannot meet her expectations of how a man should act and that I was not a good enough provider.  Of course the fact that she was havng an affair with another man for the past three months adds to this.  She came home one day and told me she wanted a divorce (Sunday) that she was in love with another man.  Also that she didn't love me anymore and didn't have any respect for me. Even a couple of our Russian friends were very shocked by her actions.

BG

We have a guy on here that has just joined from RMP "Jerico" he is over the same side of the pond as you

He told us on the RMP his story ( along the lines of yours) and how he felt much better for venting his self, now I am not going to say this would work for you, but it looks like from the post above you are getting close to telling the very sad story of this.

But at the end of the day, you are your own guy and for those of us that have been fortunate to be with you through your time here and also our great chats in the chat room we know your a good guy  :)

Take Care
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline fireeater

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 06:28:11 AM »
BG

Sorry to hear about this. She always sounded so positive about your relationship when she posted here. So it is a little shocking to hear it did not work out.

Take care of your self in these troubling times. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 07:12:56 AM »
Hi G,

I can't imagine the turmoil you are going through... but all I can advise is to try and keep your dignity and ensure that you never Lena any excuse to stop you having regular contact with your joint child...Sorry, if that sounds condescending.. but one can understand why you'll be angry..

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Boris

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 07:19:54 AM »
BG,

I wish you some peace in your time of trouble.

Barry

Offline Maxx

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 07:40:09 AM »
Sorry to hear this Greg. It just seems like the ending of these types of marriages (RW/AM etc) is so much more heartbreaking and intense than that of the domestic variety. They leave behind a pretty big hole and doesn't matter matter how good or bad times were with them it still has this effect. Not having a Russian woman in the house with all their wonderful strangeness is missed. Still being in love with them when the break up happens is usual too. Those feelings do not switch off immediately.

Registration